• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Heavenly Hero Agency IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Dinner party was always an interesting way to start a relationship of any kind. Invited a date out to dinner party? Bold move. For all you know their nemesis tackled them through a window at their last one. Invited a nemesis out to a dinner party? Well, you clearly have big plans for the night. Going to a dinner party strictly for press appearances? It's always a wild ride when they don't know who you are and you have to make sure they do by the end of the night. If she knew anything about work dinner parties though, it was that they normally came with a bit of drama attached intended or not. Which made the premise of a work dinner party so interesting. At least, it was to this young hero approaching the address in a town car. Or...Was it the right address?

Squinting her bright blue eyes as she tried to make out what was happening, Misaki's expression went to one of confusion rather than excitement. Well damn, looks like biggest entrance was already out of her hand. She couldn't help the little bit of disappointment that twinged inside her. Especially since she'd gone out of her way to wear a version of her costume that was essentially a dress. It's only saving grace to make hero work possible was the bodysuit like bottom should anything happen to the nearly sheer skirt attached. A frown made itself known onto her red painted lips as the driver began to slow down. Clearly, he knew his passenger well enough to know that this situation wasn't out of the realms of possibility for her.

Sighing, Misaki raised her eyes to the sky and quickly prepared herself to leave the comfort of the vehicle. This probably wasn't some incompetent villain she'd have to deal with since nobody here looked like they were police and a second check proved this to be the address she'd been sent days prior. "Thank you. I'll call you if I need a ride home," she assured the driver before ducking her head and getting out. Moving with purpose her night sky-esque skirt flowed behind her, it's train not the most functioning for hero work but definitely good enough to make a statement. Approaching the door she checked out the damage (and the assumed culprit) with an expression that went from confused to amused. "And here I thought fashionably late was dramatic enough of an entrance." Directing her gaze past him to the group inside, she gave a small nod to the rest of the room. "Sorry for that, by the way. My driver got turned around and then I wasn't quite sure if this was the place at past."

Cru
Another couple pings from his phone caused him to flip it out, yet again, as he responded, looking away to the two latest newcomers, "Hmmm, that's a shame. Still, we should try to experiment sometime. I tend to combo well with gadgets, maybe we can figure something out." Jan was still busy poking his own phone like mad, while glancing up at the various guests.
"What the..., oh! I did talk over you, sorry. As to how I know, you told me your name. Well, I mean, I heard some rumors and did some research ahead of time, and between your name, nationality, and the suit, I pretty much put it together. ...He cheated," Cru explained, pausing a moment to point across the room again at Jan with one hand, and wiggle his phone with the other, "Bastard looked it up from just the name, heheheh. It's probably redundant... and really rude, but it's served us well in the past."
After yet another message popped up, Cru put his phone away again. While still willing to talk, it seemed he was done asking questions... for now. After all, he was probably saying too much.
Zamasu Zamasu
Non-sausage - Impel - Shieldmaiden - Energy?
Because I looked it up
Tall near Boss - Solar Flare - Flash Bang
Holler - Superbman - Super B - Nanosuit-based

Melia looked around the room again seeing as people were still arriving. He took a quick glance at the few who arrived. Thinking to himself that he should probably start introducing himself to the others, and probably move his things so they aren't in the way of others as they come in. The best course of action would be to greet the boss and mingle on from then he thought. He wasn't 100% certain but he believed her to be the winged one who had quite a few already go up and greet her. Not wanting to crowd around her though he merely stood up and went to the table of food. His stomach growled again at the sight of such an array and so he grabbed a plate and piled a few things into it. No use chatting with an empty stomach, but to be honest Melia would use any excuse to avoid starting a conversation himself. He munched a few slices of pizza, making sure to cover his mouth while he ate. The shape of his mouth made it slightly difficult to close comfortably so he wasnt exactly the most elegant eater and would hate to accidentally gross anyone out if they happened to look at him.

"Jiro Kagura," Kai repeated, staring at the smaller man, though from his perspective everyone was small by comparison. It may have looked as if he was staring down or attempting to otherwise intimidate the man with his intense gaze, but in truth Kai was simply trying to work out in his head why a hero agency would have need for a secretary. Probably nothing too important. He nodded. "I will try to remember it. I am Kai, Kai Obake." He offered a hand -

"Pfft. Pay for repairs? You're still having problems controlling your strength? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Must be a new graduate."

Kai's fingers closed and his hand returned to his side. He hadn't accidentally hurt anyone due to his strength in many, many years. Inanimate objects, those he broke all the time, but people he was so careful about. That paranoia, coupled with a mental image of a crushed hand, are what made him retract his handshake prematurely. He turned to look at the new arrival, the man who'd spoken. Something about this person felt familiar to Kai. They motioned for him to lean down closer, which he did.

"But don't worry, our employer is definitely loaded. A broken door or two isn't anything, really."

He frowned at the man's words, and that he'd spoken them in front of the person they were about. "That is not the point," he rumbled. "It is right to take responsibility for your actions." But the person's attention had already moved on to Seraph. Kai stared at him a short while longer - something was definitely familiar about his person, but he couldn't figure out what it was - before giving up and leaving him and Seraph for the table of food, hoping against all odds that no one had taken the banana he'd spotted earlier.

Once the most delicious of fruits had disappeared between Kai's large jaws, he looked around to see who else was at the table that he could possibly talk to. He picked the closest person, a man minding his own business eating pizza. Antisocial or just hungry? Kai wondered, but that didn't stop him from trying to start up a conversation with this person. "Nice place here," he started off. "So you done any agency stuff before today?"

ClownPope ClownPope

“O~hohoho, Solar Flare is right. Don’t worry about it.” Seraph flipped her hair over her shoulder as she replied to the surprisingly polite gator. Nervous? Truly a surprise given Rak’s size and intimidating gaze, but then, one couldn’t help the appearance one was born with. Or, rather, the quirk that manifested. She watched the interaction between Kai and Mitsu with interest. “Though, if you feel that strongly about taking responsibility, the repairs for the damages will be docked from your first pay.”

It wasn’t something she’d considered since it was her fault for not considering the strengths of heroes she employed. However, if their righteousness demanded otherwise, who was she to object?

“A pleasure to meet you as well, Jiro. Mitsu. Glad you both could make it.” Smiling at the secretary Infinite Zero brought over and the charmer that offered to get her a drink, she took Mitsu’s offered hand. Kai Obake. Jiro Kagura. Hinata Mitsuteru. Mentally checking their names of a list, Seraph continued to address the flatterer.

“I’d love a drink~ That’s very thoughtful of you.” Hard to tell if Mitsu was being genuine or if he was trying to kiss up to the employer. Not that Seraph minded either way. She enjoyed being pampered. Besides, it allowed her to gauge the personalities of her employees.

Confidence was always something welcomed among heroes. Ambition as well. Solar flare displayed a more showy confidence. Kaiju, like Rei, a more quiet one. At the very least, it took confidence to apologize and take responsibility for one’s actions. A respectable trait. Not that it was necessary in this case, but it was appreciated. Even if she didn’t have a large pool of spending money for repairs—which she did— the work the heroes did for the agency would rake in the money to offset any damages. At least, that was the plan.

Kaiju would pay her back with his work.

“Boldness is necessary trait for heroes in this day and age. Can’t get any further than a sidekick if you don’t put your best foot forward~”

At least, that was how Seraph saw things. She directed her gaze towards the bag of beer cans Infinite Zero held. Her grin widened. “Did you come to bring me a drink as well?”

To Rei’s credit, he didn’t roll his eyes. “No, these are a gift from Kyuu-san.”

“Shu-senpai? He’s here?”

“Yes.” Zero handed her the folder of the applications under his arm. “I’ve also finished reading these.”

“Excellent.” Excusing herself from the heroes, Seraph gave the folder to Jiro. “I realize this is your first day, but I’m going to need some help to make sure this party runs smoothly. I’ll go over the specifics of your duties later. For now, read through these. Check off the heroes that show. Make a note of the ones that don’t.”

She glanced at Infinite Zero who had dropped the bags of beer on the buffet table and was now showing Mr. Gale where to put his case—essentially anywhere not in the way. Even though Rei had been content to let her run the party, he wasn’t the type to turn away when someone needed help either. It was that trait of her classmate that she liked.

“On the second floor to your left is a bathroom where you can get changed if you so desire,” Infinite Zero said as he passed the elevator. Seeing as there were only two floors to the building, taking the elevator wouldn’t shave off too much time from taking the emergency stairs. He couldn’t tell if transportation mechanism was installed for style or if Seraph planned on further renovations to the office building. Probably a combination of both.

“The lobby is designed with client comfort in mind. Or, at least, that’s what Seraph tells me the couches and greenery are for.”

Stopping in front of a door, Infinite Zero opened it to reveal an empty closet. “You can toss the suitcase in here if you’d like. Or anywhere you want, really. We don’t have lockers yet.”

It was certainly something to bring up with Seraph once the night was done. The security of personal items was a an important matter. Then another hero arrived in a dress-like costume. Infinite Zero checked the clock before looking toward Seraph who stepped forward. Addressing the crowd was her job after all.

The background music suddenly changed.

“Welcome, Heroes, to the Heavenly Hero Agency!” Wings lifting her up, Seraph feet landed delicately on a section of the buffet table that wasn’t completely laden with food. Infinite Zero raised an eyebrow. “I hope you all have been enjoying yourselves. I am Seraph, the one who organized this party and invited you all here. Some of you are here for money. Some here for justice. And some simply out of curiosity. Regardless, I’m grateful you’ve answered our call for heroes. Times have changed. Do you sense it? All Might is no longer around to keep the peace. Villainy runs rampant and unnoticed. As saddening as that is, it’s our turn to step up to the spotlight. Not as individuals, but as a group—as Heavenly Hero Agents!”

The eighteen year old girl grinned at her audience, taking her time to meet eyes with all the heroes present, before continuing.

“Infinite Zero and I envision big things for the agency's future. That said, our agency is still a new one. Compared to the more established agencies, we have less people. We'll probably have a harder time finding work. Many of you might even be asked to take responsibilities beyond your job descriptions depending on what you are good at—dealing with PR, agency advertising, finance, support items, etc. Until I get around to hiring a full support staff, extra work must be done to fill in the missing pieces. If you’re willing to run the extra mile with us, if you’re willing to share our vision, then step up and introduce yourself! Your name, your hero name, and anything else you’re willing to share with us.”

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , Lucem Lucem , GasMaskie GasMaskie , ClownPope ClownPope , Pocket Pocket , Zamasu Zamasu , RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan , hosaki hosaki , TruPolymorph TruPolymorph , CactusJuice CactusJuice

Last edited:
Melia stopped mid-bite and looked upwards toward the towering reptile man then quickly diverted his eyes. The act may come off as rude or avoidant but his shoulders relax slightly and his unease wears off a little. "Oh uh yeah, little fancier than I was expecting." The question of his former work made him shift a little uneasily. He put his plate down on the table and crossed his arms, his previous hunger now turned to slight nausea. "Well..I worked with a small agency before, mostly solo though." OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

When the music changed and the woman he previously determined to be the new Boss landed on the table. He quieted to listen to her speak. She seemed very confident and determined, the energy of it and what she had been saying brought back a little of Melia's own confidence. He had to get over his anxieties and remember why he was here again. He wanted forgiveness from the public for his actions, whether he had to do support or exceed peoples expectations of him didn't matter. With a little restored confidence Melia stood forward after the woman finished. "I am Melia Thompomene, Mood swing. I am happy to be working with you and I shall do my best."

Cru and Jan
Finally, they were getting into it, and it became evident pretty quick that "it" was full of ham and/or cheese. As amusing as he found it, he couldn't resist rolling his eyes, both of him, not that anyone could see Jan under the costume. Cru, on the hand, looked away with an embarrassed smile when he noticed he had done so as his new boss was looking around at everyone, and he may have been caught. Luckily enough, she continued.

Then came time for everyone to introduce themselves. Neither were very much into the idea of being the main focus, so they at least waited for someone else to take the initiative. Cru trying to appear like he was politely listening, and Jan quietly tapping away as if creating a transcript of the initial introduction. Using the opening after the first, Jan put his phone away for a moment as he stepped forward. Cru cleared his throat and stood to join him... self.

"My..., or I should say "Our", original name is Tanaka Tsuneo," Cru began, grinning, partially to be friendly, and partially because he always found explaining himself to be amusing, "As my quirk is cloning, we're collectively known as The Crew. However, you'll usually see me in one of two primary personalities: This one is Jan, and he doesn't talk, and I am Crucio, or just Cru, though that can get confusing. There are many little, well, quirks... to my quirk, but we can trade questions later." With that Cru returned to his meal, and Jan back off while pulling out his phone again, waiting for the next person to speak.

When the music had changed, Jason knew what is going to happen next. The hosts of the party makes a rather spectacular greeting to the newly-hired heroes and acknowledges them for answering their call. Of course, Jason felt very honored to join this agency, even so as to feel very happy about that. Soon enough, the hostess requests the newly-hired heroes to stand up and make their introductions. Jason thought it would be easy, but then again he felt nervous because of his background. He decides to make his introduction very much simple. After Cru makes his introduction, Jason stands up and introduces himself to the hosts. "Hello, I'm Jason Holler, also known as Superbman. I'm very glad to be working within this agency, and I promise you that I'll do my very best. Thank you." Jason says.

Growing together. Well, that definitely sounded like something she was interested in. Maybe she could be of some assistance in the public relations department if anything. Due to her own life experience she never had been good with managing money and was in fact pretty impulsive with it. Still, if helping them grow would help her out in the long run she was all for it.

Taking a step forward after a few of the others were introduced (interesting quirks so far, definitely) (she had some questions for afterwards but there would probably be a good time for that later on), her red painted lips spread into a smile. "My hero name is Impel but I'm Misaki Taketa, daughter of Usagi and Yasuo Taketa. Heroing is sort of a family business, so I could probably help with the press if it ever comes up. I really am looking forward to working with all of you."

When she nodded afterwards her hair fell a little over her eyes, but she brushed it away immediately after. It never hurt to have your skillset on the table for employers. Better they know where her strengths lie now than ask about them later and realize she's better suited for somewhere else. A few of the others' already seemed like they'd be helpful in the press department as well, but that was a big job. At least, from her own personal experience. Reporters can be finicky, especially with up and coming heroes and agencies.

Kai was used to people being uncomfortable around him. Even in a world where mutation type quirks were common, his appearance was still unusual enough that people tended to react differently when they first met him. It was awe, surprise, or fear. Usually it was the younger kids who looked up at him in awe just because of his size. For anyone else it was surprise or fear mostly. Who knows, maybe it was his fault for noticing those brief initial reactions. How the person he'd spoken to reacted, that was probably fear. The weight that had lifted from his shoulders upon hearing that the cost of repairing the door would be taken from his earnings for the agency - he wasn't sure he'd have been able to afford to pay the cost upfront even though he'd been the one insisting on it - began to come back. That wasn't so strange though, it was a familiar feeling. The only time it disappeared completely was when he was saving people.

The small part of him that thought maybe it wasn't him, that maybe this person was just shy in general, was quickly killed by them jumping up the moment Seraph stopped talking to introduce themselves to the room. Melia Thompomene. Kai committed the name to memory. He would do his best to stay at a distance from them to avoid making the other person uncomfortable. He moved slightly further down the table as other heroes introduced themselves. One name poked at his memory. Not their real name, he was terrible at remembering the actual names of heroes, but he'd heard their hero name just recently he felt. He stared at her. She was incredibly pretty. It clicked. Impel, the name had been on the news just this past week. She'd stopped a robbery at a jewelry store. He remembered when they'd shown her on the TV he'd thought she was pretty. He nodded, satisfied with his own internal detective work.

Unfortunately this motion brought attention to himself. He hadn't wanted to introduce himself yet, but now it would be awkward if he didn't. Kai shuffled forward. "I am Kai Obake," he introduced himself, sounding far too loud in his head. As he always did when he was around new people, he made a conscious effort to open his mouth as little as possible when he spoke. The sight of the sharp teeth within could scare people. "My hero name is..." he mumbled the last part, then was forced to repeat it. "Kaiju." God it was so embarrassing to have his hero name be a pun on his name. "My quirk gives me this appearance of a dragon. Aside from being a bit stronger than most I don't think I have much in way of notable skills, but I hope to make myself useful to you here." He bowed his head and stepped back, his heart beating uncomfortably fast in his chest. He'd rather face a villain than introduce himself to people.

Moments went by, and Asahi received no response. Hell, no one, except for a singular, armored man, who’d glanced at him while he gestured at something during his conversation with some one else, had even bothered to look at him. Even people who walked in past him didn't seem to pay him any mind. His eyebrow twitched in annoyance. It looked like things were going about the same as they had at his last agency. In his last agency, it seemed like people had been warned about him, the “red district punk “hero””, beforehand. He figured the same thing had happened here. No, this was even worse. He clenched his fists. The people at his last agency may have looked down on him, but at least they acknowledged his existence. Asahi had gotten so worked up over this imagined scenario that he nearly left, but the glamorous woman who entered, doubling their current female population, caused him to hesitate. Yes, she was obviously attractive, but, from his experience, a classy woman like her wouldn't even give him the time of day. It was her obvious upperclassness that really caught his attention. Her driver, fancy dress, and her demeanor in general just screamed high society. It was a stark contrast to Asahi and those he usually worked with. If people with that kind of money were coming to work here, then this was the place to be. Then maybe I can get an apartment with more than one room, a nice car, hell maybe I'll even get my own driver! He couldn’t help but smirk ever so slightly at these rather simple fantasies. After a few moments, his face grew a bit more serious. ...but more importantly... He’d finally have the money to move his mother out of the ghetto. Not that she knew, but he’d been sending her most of his earnings; he’d only kept enough for himself to squeeze by, but he just couldn’t afford to move her to a better neighborhood. He sighed in defeat. Jerks or not he really couldn’t afford to miss this opportunity. He’d never forgive himself if his mother was found dead in an alleyway somewhere.

Asahi walked over to the food table and started filling a plate with fried rice. To him, this was a sign that he'd agreed to work here. He stacked some of the Mediterranean grilled meats on top along with a bit of lobster. He then set his plate down on top of a pizza box and grabbed it too. He had lost some blood during his daily duties, so he was starving. In addition, real food like this was a luxury for Asahi, so he planned to stuff himself and sneak some of it out after the party was over. He carried his haul to the far side of the table purposely setting it down away from anyone else. He looked around. I need a drink. His eyes lit up when he spotted some bottles of wine. As he walked over to get himself a glass, the angel chick started her speech. He assumed she must have been like the face of the company or something; she seemed far too young to be their boss. When she turned to look at him, he held eye contact with her for a moment; she was actually pretty inspiring, but then a scowl formed on his face and he looked away. He was still pretty peeved about his reception. As the heroes began to introduced themselves, he grabbed himself a full bottle. This is going to be a long day. He walked back over to his spot. No one seemed interested in him, and they probably wouldn’t even bother to remember his name, so he didn’t see the point in introducing himself. He doubted they'd notice.

By the time Shū had finished his fifth plate, two more people had arrived at the agency. Briefly looking up from a lobster claw that was nearly cleaned out, he took a look at his new coworkers. The first was a raven-haired man that seemed to be around his age. After seeing his confident entrance, Shū thought he might've the flashy type. Either that, or he just wanted to prove he was stronger than the big guy by damaging the door even further. It was hard to tell from that alone, especially because the man's words trailed off when he got a look at the food. He knew that expression all too well. It was the look of a man starved for food that wasn't instant.

The next hero gave a very different impression. From the elegant dress to the way she spoke, Shū quickly got an idea of what the blue-eyed woman was like. The mention of a personal driver only solidified the image of her in his mind. Another one had appeared. Another rich girl. Aki's niche was being stolen.

Shū didn't pay much attention to the new arrivals after they entered. There'd be plenty of time for introductions later, so he'd focus on filling his stomach for the moment. A few others seemed to have the same idea as they began to approach the buffet table. One man quickly walked off with his own haul of food, but the other two remained close as they struck up a conversation.

As the tallest hero in the room munched on a banana, the one at his side attempted to cover his face while eating. Unlike everyone else, with the exception of Rei and Aki, something seemed familiar about the guy. Much like the giant reptile, an appearance like his was still memorable in a world full of Quirks. While nothing immediately came to mind, Shū couldn't shake the feeling that he knew him from somewhere. Before he could give it much thought, a set of wings stretched across the table.

As the music changed, the boss began to deliver a rousing speech, beaming at her new employees with a large smile. While the overall message was good, Shū hoped that he wouldn't get assigned any work that didn't involve being out in the field. It was hard to find the motivation to do anything that didn't involve fighting someone, or looking after civilians.

With a few of the introductions out of the way, Shū swallowed what was left of the Mediterranean meat on his now empty plate before taking a step forward. "Shū Kyuu. My hero name is Meta, but you can just call me Shū. I'm not a big fan of formalities." He preferred it when people didn't tack any honorifics onto his name. It was easier to keep things casual. "Nice to work with you."

Hiems stood in the corner where he could hardly get in anyone's way as the introductions went on. Most of the thoughts going inside his head were about how these two, newly started, heroes, purchased all this costly things. Hiems himself had to live in his office after he built one, but maybe that was because the area he was in was comparably peaceful without villains blowing up a clothings store every hour or two and he didn't do much to request a pay raise.
After another hero finished his introduction Hiems silently walked forwards enough to draw attention when he spoke and return to his corner without being noticed any further.
"Well, I'm next I guess. Hiems Gale, call me Heim for the sake of pronunciation. Hero name's Cryobreak."
He said. He then silently walked back to the corner and continued trying to calculate the cost of the building judging with a short glance he had before entering.

Hinata Mitsuteru

Mitsuteru watched as the crocodile man lumbered off. He was probably what most would call a "man amongst men" -- though he was more alligator than man, Mitsuteru chuckled to himself. Seraph appeared to take his words more in stride, something that greatly increased his estimation of her person. A boss who could take a joke, who didn't have the stick so far up as to enforce a strict, formal relationship -- this gig was getting off to a good start, even if the pleasantries were dragging on a bit and preventing him from getting to the food. Luckily, Seraph didn't stay long, having some business to attend to with the man named Jiro.

"There'll be nice bottle of sparkling water waiting for you, angel," Mitsuteru winked as he saluted good-bye.

Now for the main business of the day: filling his stomach. Buffet rules stated that one always went for the pricy items first, so Mitsuteru beelined for the lobster and meats, barely able to conceal his excitement as he did so. But all that fatty red meat had to be balanced out by some palate cleansing greens, so Mitsuteru piled the rest of his plate high with leaves of raw lettuce (never mind that they had served mere aesthetic purposes in the plating arrangement) and vegetables. He had just polished off his third makeshift meat wrap when Seraph made a grand show, taking to the air and then gracefully landing on top of the table.

Ah, so it was time for the obligatory introduction speech of the night. Mitsuteru set down his plate and wiped his hands discretely with the towelettes he kept on his person. When Seraph's eyes came to rest on his after her call to action, he cracked a sardonic smile. Truthfully, she had verbalized his own sentiments on the current state of the hero scene, but those sentiments of his had surfaced at one in the morning, when he was too tired to think straight but not tired enough to fall asleep. When you've spent a few years in a dead-end agency, you give up on starry-eyed hopes of "making the change you want to see in this world". That malarkey was reserved for the new graduates to buy into.

Mitsuteru chomped on a mint, visibly bored by the proceedings at hand. He only perked up when the crocodile man stepped forward to introduce himself, and that was because the guy had called himself part-dragon. A far-fetched claim since dragons were supposed to have wings, but if Kai wanted to call himself a dragon, it wasn't really any of Mitsuteru's business. Dragons were cool, cooler than real reptile creatures after all, so he could understand the appeal.

"Solar Flare, as some of you already know." He leaned back against the table with a lazy air. "Mitsu, if you'd like to be on a personal name basis. I'd like to think I can handle anything, but I did sign up for a hero position, so I expect to be fighting crime." He flashed a toothy smile. A little too toothy, perhaps.

Last edited:
Naturally, Jiro kept quiet as the others went about with their introductions. The young man was slightly disappointed by his inability to acquire a handshake, but the gesture carried the point across. He did know someone who could easily serve as support for the agency, but he'd keep that to himself. The first thing that stood out in his mind were the number of foreigners who had joined - perhaps they had been exiled from their former countries for PR disasters or simply thought that Japan would make for a better stomping ground. Whatever the case was, they had answered the call. If all went smoothly, he'd likely be the one to handle a majority of the extra work Seraph had listed out.

That of course began with the dossier he had been handed. He flipped through each page and surveyed the room to check off each of the prospective heroes who had shown. Information was a valuable commodity - the fact that he had been trusted with it made him question just how thorough the two of them had been with their background checks. Even if one of their number had remained silent through the call to introduce themselves, he carefully made a check on the corner of their page. Food could wait for now - he had been given an assignment after all. And to be honest, he preferred a cheap bowl of tonkotsu ramen. Sliced bamboo shoots and chashu includ-

He wiped his mouth - the thought of such an economic yet delicious food was distracting. As for his own thoughts on the roster, he'd wait until he saw them in action. Some of these Quirks seemed quite strange on paper - hopefully they'd prove to be useful against crime.

“I am Infinite Zero. My real name is Rei Mugen. Though I will be in charge of planning most field operations for the agency, compared to many of you, I have less heroism experience. Therefore, I am honored by this chance to work with you all and welcome any advice you are willing to give.”

The introduction was followed with a straight, unhurried 45 degree bow. Nevermind that many of the heroes seemed to be foreigners and the gesture probably seemed strange.

Seraph giggled. “You should just flip your hair and smirk. The girls would love it~”

Infinite Zero returned to his original position without responding, though Seraph didn’t fail to catch the soft sigh escaping his lips. It wouldn’t be the first time she’d told him that. She doubted it would be the last either…though, solemness was a trademark of sorts.

Like Endeavor’s temper.

To be honest, none of the introductions particularly impressed her. No heroic poses. No quirk demonstration. No cheesy catchphrases. It was like she was in an office of regular people. She looked from Kai, who made a conscious effort to not open his mouth wide, to Mitsu, who had little trouble showing off his pearly whites, in amusement. An interesting contrast.

Melia seemed hard working and polite.

Tsuneo’s clones all had their own personalities.

Jason also seemed hard working and polite.

Misaki is willing to help with the press which was a big bonus. Seraph recognized the surname belonging to a wealthy family of heroes and might’ve seen the older girl at a social gathering or two, though she couldn’t remember them ever interacting. More recently though, she’d seen Impel on the news.

Shu-sempai didn’t like formalities.

Hiems wasn’t much of a talker.

Kai seemed a bit nervous.

Mitsu, almost egotistically self assured.

Hopefully Jiro was taking notes. There was one hero that chose not to introduce himself. Asashi Saito. The fact that he was the only one who didn't made him stand out. She wondered if he was shy, didn’t feel like introducing himself, or didn’t intend to do more work than he had to. Whichever the case, Seraph didn’t make a big deal of it other than to make a mental note to check on him later.

“Anyway, I'm glad to meet you all,” Seraph said brightly. “It’s an honor to have so many heroes willing to step up and help our budding agency. Despite the extra work a startup agency entails, I assure you, there will be plenty of crimes for you to fight. As heroes, your main job will be doing heroic work for the Heavenly Hero Agency. Your face will be marketed as Heavenly Heroes. Clients will come. I'll make sure of that. Sometimes they will look for specific heroes. Most of the time, they won’t know what they want. They just need help. It’s our job to help them—to be their heroes”

Seraph glanced around the room. “Infinite Zero and I will be in charge of assigning the heroes for a particular request—mainly Infinite Zero as I will be handling the business side of things.”

“ Volunteers, suggestions, and personal opinion will be taken into consideration, as well as individual strengths and weaknesses.”

“ Some jobs are so simple only two heroes are needed. Other times, it’s a villain or monster that requires all our effort to defeat. Naturally, you are free to refuse any job for any particular reason. Nothing will be held against you. Hero work is dangerous, after all. Following that line of thought, if there is one main thing Zero and I agreed on when we decided to start this agency it’s that no hero works alone. Scheduled city patrols for the Heavenly Hero Agency are done in pairs—if not groups. If you see a villain, or run into any trouble, contact the agency. Or a fellow agent. Don’t try to do things on your own. I know many of you are probably used to doing things solo, but we are here to help each other. We’re an agency now. A team. That means everything you do as a hero effects the agency and vice versa. More importantly, none of us are All Might. ”

Seraph paused to let that sink in.

“Now then, I’d bore you with information about schedules and pay, but everyone’s different. As I said in the job add, it’s very flexible depending on when you can work and how much you want to work. Chances are high that you won’t be seeing everyone at the office building at the same time so it’s good to make use of this opportunity to get to know your coworkers while you can. You can find cards and a few board games on the shelves. The patio is free for anyone who needs a bit of fresh air. Eat, drink, get comfortable…you can even change the music if you’ve brought any. The official opening of the agency will start next week.” Or whenever they get around to fixing and reinforcing the door.

Stepping delicately off the table, Seraph took the bottle of sparkling water that Mitsu had left for her. “Thanks~” She took a long gulp. Wiping her mouth with the back of her dark glove, Seraph glanced at Jiro. “Right. This is Jiro Kagura, our agency secretary. He’ll mainly be helping me, but as the one taking care of the clerical, administrative, and otherwise less exciting office duties of a hero agency, you’ll be seeing him around the agency a lot though he’s not a hero. Do be nice to him.”

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi , Lucem Lucem , GasMaskie GasMaskie , ClownPope ClownPope , Pocket Pocket , Zamasu Zamasu , RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan , hosaki hosaki , TruPolymorph TruPolymorph , CactusJuice CactusJuice

Strolling out to the patio, where the music was less audible, Infinite Zero took a seat in one of the tables, opened a book to the page where he’d left his bookmark, and began to read. That was what he liked to do at parties.

Last edited:
Cru

While Jan was busy preparing his own report, Cru was forming his own first impressions based on everyone's introduction:

Mood Swing had gone before him. Cru wasn't sure what to think of his appearance. With everyone having quirks, any group was gonna have a couple people with abnormal appearances, making having them essentially normal. However, this one looked blatantly based off of those old tragedy/comedy masks. Paired with Seraph, who appeared as a classic angel, Cru found himself wondering how so many quirks caused people to take on the appearances of old man-made imagery and how that could possibly happen. He'd have to have an existential debate with himself later.

Jason, Super-B, or Superbman, was next, though Cru had already met him. Could he still be considered Quirkless with that suit? There were still jokes about how the best Quirk was being rich.

Next was Impel, who seemed to prioritize family and appearances. Speaking of appearances, while she had first appeared to be a generic ice queen, now that he was actually looking, it appeared to imply a more celestial theme. Seemed subtle enough not to give away exactly what her power could be.

Kai-ju. An almost disappointingly simple name, but the fact it was a pun made up for that a bit. Though the way he announced it made Cru wonder whether he came up with it when he was young and regretted it, or if other people gave it to him, possibly to make fun of him. Hopefully, not the latter; the answer could mess with his currently forming plans. He had also announced himself as the party tank, which brought up the question of who was the healer.

Meta, Shu, was casual, but otherwise didn't give much to go on.

Cryobreak. Pretty straightforward name, pretty straightforward intro. It seemed obvious that he did care for this whole party and introduction thing, though Cru could only guess as to why.

And Solar Flare, who seemed a fitting contrast to Cryo. Actually with a name that implied both fire and a celestial event, perhaps he would have contrasted better with Impel. Hard to say.

Cru looked around the room for any who hadn't gone, yet. The first that popped into his head was Infinite Zero, though already working here and holding a higher position probably meant his participation was optional, or that it would be covered momentarily. And so it was, he spoke up as Cru looked to him. His last name brought back fun memories, but that hero name was still an issue. He'd have to cover that later, too.

Then, "Da Boss" continued her welcoming speech. Cru couldn't help but wince at the mention of marketing. Of course, any employee acts as a representative of their workplace to an extent, and has to sell their skill-sets, but "being marketed" was the kind of subject that implied a preference for looking good rather than actually doing good. Plus, while he wasn't antisocial, he wasn't interested in most of the media or getting too famous. Hopefully, he could adapt well enough to whatever was expected of him.
Teamwork was something he expected, and, in some cases, was looking forward to. However, he would need to plan for some team-ups. Cru looked to Jan, making a scratching gesture against the table with his index finger, which Jan merely nodded to, and both returned to listening. The rest of it was basically telling everyone to hang out. It made Cru think of Fire Stations.

As if on cue, just as he was getting back to looking for others that had been skipped, she added in the name of the secretary. Because he had been talking to... "Zero", there had been the assumption that he was also already an employee that didn't need to introduce himself. It was interesting, however, that no hero name was given. Well, it wasn't that interesting, but he was the only one so far. Was he not one? A fair number of people would probably be overwhelmed and possibly fanboying in that position. Perhaps he had worked with heroes in the past, or...
Wait a second! What was that?! The folder, the room scanning, and... that wipe. That was a tell! He WAS fanboying... internally. Comparing him to Jan made Cru snicker.

Lastly, there was that loud one from earlier, Hot-wasabi, according to an earlier text. Actually, he hadn't said that much. Maybe it was the way he had spoke, or maybe it was just the costume. In fact, he hadn't said anything since, had he? With that outfit, he couldn't be that much of a quiet type. Perhaps he had a second quiet personality, and didn't have the luxury of splitting from it?
Wait, no, it wasn't wasabi. It started with an M. Cru scratched his chin for a moment, then weakly pointed at the man as he recalled the answer, "Musubi...," then caught himself. He'd just said the man's name out loud, and hadn't even included the "Hot" part. That just brought about another question, "Is there a Cold one?"
CactusJuice CactusJuice

Last edited:
Asahi sat down and put his hands together. “Thanks for the food.” He muttered before chowing down on the small feast he’d assembled for himself. While he may not have enjoyed the company, he had to admit he enjoyed the food. The Mediterranean meats were grilled to savory perfection.The fried rice was only rivaled by that of his favorite Chinese place on a corner not far from his apartment; his mother was friends with the owners. The lobster was rich with buttery goodness. To be fair, he’d had crab occasionally, but he’d never had lobster before, so he couldn’t tell if it was better than average. All he could tell was that this food was freaking good. The only thing that could make it better was a bit of tikka masala, but he doubted anyone in the city could make it better then his mom.

He listened to the last few heroes’ introductions and then to Infinite and Seraph. He couldn’t believe Mr zero hero and Ms flashy wings were going to be in charge; they looked like they’d come fresh out of hero school at best. Looks like someone has some friends in high places. Asahi shook his head and found his attention back on the bottle of wine he acquired. Not wanting to bother asking for a corkscrew, he pulled out a set of keys. After removing the capsule, he deftly inserted his house key into the neck of the bottle at a 45 degree angle before slowly working the cork out. It was a neat little party trick he’d picked up a while ago. He poured the wine into the water glass he had at his seat; he doubted he’d be using it for much else.

After downing a glass of wine, he grabbed a slice of what he found out was Hawaiian pizza. Asahi wasn’t all that picky, so he didn’t mind. Besides, the fruit on it made it a bit healthier, right? He took a bite. It was good, but pizza was pretty hard to mess up. It was then, with some of the gooey cheese stretching from his mouth to the pizza, that he heard someone mention his name. “Hm?” He looked around. His questioning look turned to annoyance when he found himself being pointed at.

"Is there a Cold one?"

Asahi’s eyebrow twitched. Was this guy mocking him? Was this some sort of challenge? His annoyance quickly became anger. A fire burning in his eyes, he quickly wiped his face off with a sleeve in a futile attempt to remove the stray grains of fried rice there; he knew no one would take him seriously with food on his face. Then he swiftly rose sending his chair falling back. He hadn’t meant to knock it over, but he couldn’t back down now. Asahi slid his hands into his pockets, leaned forward, and gave an intense scowl. It was a look that had been forged from his years on the streets, and at times it had been known to stop a fight before it even began. At that moment he looked more like the head honcho of a gang than a hero. “You making fun of me or something?!” He glared at his armored challenger. Asahi took his right hand out of his pocket and pointed at himself with his thumb. “The name’s Hot Musubi and don’t you forget it!”

A few moments passed until he realized how much attention he’d just drawn to himself. It really took the steam out of him. Asahi let out a deep breath before crossing his arms. Guess I have to introduce myself now. “It’s a pun too, but I guess Crocoman over there is too "scary" to make fun of.” He muttered. “It’s based on Ho-musubi, you know? Like the Japanese god of fire.” He uncrossed his arms and grew louder once again. “Look all you need to know is that I’m the guy who took out that blood draining, Stain-wannabe who was terrorizing some of the poorer districts since no one else could be bothered. I can carry my weight in a fight!” He glared around the room defiantly as if daring anyone to challenge him as he poured himself another glass of wine.
Directly Mentions: Pocket Pocket OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
@pretty much everyone present

Last edited:
Cru
There it was! There was the loud person he had detected! Seemed he managed to push a button, or perhaps flip a switch, if the split personality theory held water. While taken aback by the outburst, Cru still maintained his grin. He had no doubt he'd get his butt kicked in a one-on-one fight; Thing was, he couldn't get into a one-on-one fight, even if he wanted to, so it was hard for him to get intimidated. Besides, any alleyway hero knew you shouldn't back off just because someone looks really mean. Some anti-bullying campaigns probably agreed. Yet, Cru knew it wouldn't be a good idea to antagonize him either, so he'd have to hold back, if he could.

"Wellll..., in a sense, yeah," Cru began with a chuckle, "but I make fun of everyone, so feel free to return the favor." He was gonna leave it at that, but then the man revealed the true egotistical pun of his name. Then, he announced that he, a hero... hired to this hero agency, once took down a villain. My. God. (Literally?) Who could've seen that coming?!

Cru couldn't help but roll his eyes again as he took a swig of his own drink. He felt had to say something and he was tempted to reveal his chosen nickname, but also felt he should try to make whatever he said a bit more constructive. Putting his drink down, he revealed a more mischievous grin and casually added, "You seem easily manipulated."
CactusJuice CactusJuice

What an interesting array of people! Still wearing that same smile throughout their introductions, Misaki took a second to reflect on them. Of course a few of the names stuck out: Superbman had been around even longer than she had, and 'The Crew' had been the last one to be on the news other than herself. The fact that they were there pointed to a good ratio of children (for lack of a better term) to experienced workers. For the last few years she hadn't really paid much attention to graduates. After all, she'd been avoiding long term agency work to focus on her degree and small area of patrolling. It didn't make a lot of sense for her at the time.

Now though, she almost regretted it. None of the people assembled in the room came from her graduating year and if they weren't in her grade, odds are she hadn't kept much of an eye on them. Kaiju looked a little familiar, but those mutation quirks were always difficult to miss. UA sports festivals always featured a few years in competition and since they were mandatory to attend you see people every now and then. He could be interesting to work with; she'd never gotten to work with anyone that large before. Or, anyone really. She'd spent a lot of the last few years just on her own micromanaging a few blocks by school.

It was an exciting thought to have. Someone watching your back and making sure you don't get double teamed was a good thing. Mulling over the other heroes in the room, she made her way over to the food table as they were more or less dismissed. 'Sugars feeling low.' With that thought in mind she went back to her internal analysis as she loaded a plate with a strange balance of heavy meats and deserts. Blue eyes strayed across the room as a loud yell briefly held her attention. Ah, Hot Musubi, as he'd introduced. If the name was a reference to his appearance it was definitely fitting, but he'd be a handful with the press. So would a few of the people in the room actually. Even their employers despite their untarnished reputation would be a bit of a liability. 'They're inexperienced. How can we trust such a new organization?' Imagining what the tabloids would say the woman gave her eyes a quick roll as she took a bite of a cupcake.

They seemed nice though, and nice was always a good start. Solar Flare-or Mitsu as he'd introduced-was near enough that she hoped he didn't see that. Maybe a pleasant introduction would make sure he didn't think she was annoyed with the place before even starting? Once she'd swallowed the bite of food a little wave was given down the table since her hands were too full for a handshake. He'd bring them some good press, maybe. Pretty guys make for heroes people want to see more, and their agency didn't seem to be low on that. "Since we're coworkers I'll probably call you Mitsu, so you can call me Misaki if you want. Do you think there's a place to do sparring practices here? I think it'd be fun. I want to see how hard Kaiju hits." There was a lot of ease in her voice and only the slightest hint of jest as her eyes twinkled with mischief.

--------
( mentions )

hosaki hosaki || Solar Flare-Mitsu
Anyone near the food table

Hiems took a long way around the room. Literally, a long way. He moved around, following the walls, and to the side where Seraph was. He passed by people waiting for the timing when he'd be the least noticable, which, usually, was when he could walk behind them. After the long, but also not so long journey that he took, the man finally arrived at his... co-worker? What was he supposed to call her?
...let's go with the simple term 'employer'. He stood next to his employer, in his least employee-looking wear, one hand in his pants pocket, another holding his case of the trusty hero costume he's been wearing for a long time(which was the only thing he had brought that looked serious). He took his time before he opened his mouth.
"...nice office."
He said.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Asahi’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance. This guy is so full of shit. The man, Asahi thought his name was Cru or something like that, claimed he made fun of everyone, but that was obviously a load of bull. Everyone else had introduced themselves, yet this ‘Cru’ guy had only made fun of Asahi’s hero name. Asahi hadn’t even introduced himself. Hell, he hadn’t even really talked to anyone, but somehow he was the one who was singled out. It was all just so typical.

“Tch.” The nerve of this guy. With a hero name like ‘The Crew’, did he really think he had room to judge other people’s names?

Asahi had thought maybe the mention of the vampire killer would make Cru back off. The villain hadn’t exactly killed any big-time heroes, but he’d injured some heroes and killed his share of civilians. Asahi didn’t really expect his accomplishment to be intimidating, but he thought it would at least prove his competence. People often made fun of him because they didn’t view him as an equal, so he saw taking down the villain to be proof that he was just as good as anyone else.

Instead of backing off, the only acknowledgment he received from Cru was an eye roll. Then Cru criticized Asahi with a grin which just felt like salt in the wound at that point. A vein throbbing on his head, Asahi set his glass down and clenched his right hand into a fist. “. . .why . . . you . . .little . . .”

He was just about ready to take on the guy and his whole clone army. Asahi wasn’t one to really care about whether he could win a fight or not, but he paused when he remembered the question his old teacher would always ask him. “Is it worth it?” It was a question that had been pounded into him figuratively and physically. After all, a pro hero couldn't just go starting fights with just anyone. The flames slowly dissipated from his eyes, his hand relaxed, and he let out a deep breath. Throwing away his chances at this company wasn't worth a few words even if they were from someone particularly annoying.

“You’re right.” Asahi picked up his glass. “It’s not that hard to back me into a corner.” He took a sip of the the wine then met Cru’s gaze with his defiant look. “But back a dog up in the corner, and it's gonna bite.” He downed the rest of the glass.

Asahi sat his seat back up and sat down. “And, if we’re giving out advice,” He grabbed his bottle of wine and a slice of pizza from the pizza box he’d grabbed. “You shouldn’t go making fun of people you don’t know, or at least not to their face.” He leaned back and rested his black and red boots on the table. “Even a punk like me can tell you that’s really rude.” He took a swig directly from the wine bottle for emphasis.

Pocket Pocket

Cru

As the anger faded, so too did the mischievous grin. Even a hot-head wasn't going to attack him in this setting, but he still expected further yelling. Instead, the man calmed himself. It wasn't instant, so it didn't support the split personality theory too well. Had he figured out what Cru was doing? Had he figured out this wasn't the time or place for it? Perhaps the personalities could talk to each other internally? Though, you wouldn't need multiple personalities to do that; other people do that normally, too, right? But then they don...

“You’re right.”

Oh. He actually took that in. Had he hit a different kind of nerve? Stopping one's temper was one thing, but (relatively) calmly acknowledging a weakness afterwards... that took a bit of willpower, a respectable amount even... or it was sign of self-loathing. Either way, this situation felt kinda weird now, like a student had just passed a test the teacher hadn't intended to give and couldn't officially score. It was hard to say how to act here, "Eh..., well..., yeah..., I mean, sometimes that's the point, but yeah...," it came out sounding kinda worried? Nervous? Regretful? Anxious? Something in that general area, but he was already busy wondering why someone would compare themselves to a dog by the time Musubi started to give his own advice.

"You're not wrong," was his response to the advice, this time with a friendlier grin, "but hey, as long as it's not too easy." He raised his own glass slightly, as if in a subtle toast to that statement, but his brow immediately furrowed as he took the swig of his notably less alcoholic beverage, and replayed those words in his head. It sounded rude. Not that he minded being rude, but he had intended for it to be a callback and subtle, silly compliment for not flipping out. Though, rethinking it now, it still sounded insulting like that. It could also be taken a peace agreement: I won't be rude in my way, if you're not rude in your way. Another interpretation, expressing distrust towards working with someone so easily angered. Technically, each was true, and he was tempted leave it open, but he also could think of some less accurate interpretations.

As he was arguing with himself internally, a perceptive individual may spot that he had several extra pupils shifting around. Shaking his head and returning to normal, Cru muttered, "Sorry," mostly for the last comment, but partially for "being rude".

Next on the agenda was... Well, he should probably secure his key if there was one, his "office", and take stock of whatever tools for the job he'd be provided with.
CactusJuice CactusJuice

A lump large enough to have experience chasing Indiana Jones down a temple hallway caught in Kai's throat when the beautiful heroine Impel said his name without warning. He'd expected someone like her to have already forgotten his name. Of course, she'd said his hero name, but in his case that was basically the same thing. Kai was incredibly thankful that Impel had restated her non-hero name when speaking to Mitsu. He'd been too nervous to really absorb it when everybody had been introducing themselves. Misaki... even her given name was beautiful. Would he really be able to work in the same agency as someone like her?

"Yes!" Kai looked up, realizing that he'd spoken aloud, and none too quietly. "Uh... I just... sparring practice... it seemed like a good idea, that is all." In a moment of childish fantasy he'd imagined himself showing off his strength in front of the beautiful heroine. "Oh, but maybe not sparring, I'm not really good at holding back. I don't want to accidentally hurt anyone." Like the door, was what he was thinking. "But practicing, that is good. It is important to maintain the skills necessary to handle situations... as heroes." Kai had only made himself feel somehow more uncomfortable, so he grabbed an apple off the table and backed off to where he'd hopefully be more out of the way. God, he almost wished there was an emergency to deal with, anything to make him stop embarrassing himself.

Hinata Mitsuteru

Oh yeah, the young man from before was also technically their superior. Would Infinite Zero even be able to control such a large group of heroes on the field with that modest and unassuming demeanor of his? Mitsuteru raised an eyebrow and sipped from his cup to hide the frown he was sporting. Even if the boy had won two UA sports festivals in a row, that didn't exactly translate over well to fieldwork. Some skills could only be honed through experience.

Seraph's speech only heightened Mitsuteru's concerns, reminding him of the gaping hole left within their ranks by All Might's retirement. Of course none of them could be like All Might -- there would probably never be another hero like him again, not for a decade at least.

"Not a problem, angel." He responded to Seraph's word of thanks somewhat half-heartedly before turning his attention back to his plate.

Apparently even good food couldn't dispel his feelings of doom-and-gloom; Mitsuteru caught himself picking at a slab of beef when the woman who'd introduced herself as Misaki Taketa waved for his attention. As the only other woman in the room besides Seraph, she stood out quite a lot.

"Well, I'll be doing away with the formalities then, Misaki." Mitsuteru returned her smile with one of his own. Its effortlessness surprised him and he found himself grateful for the conversation.

"I'm sure that Kaiju, being part-dragon, is capable of doing some serious damage. Whether his sense of responsibility will allow him to perform to his fullest however, is another question." From their previous interaction, Mitsuteru imagined the man too fearful of his own strength to put up a good fight. That Kai's own response seemed to affirm his conjectures only caused his smirk to widen. Kai's obvious tongue-tied manner before Misaki only made the situation doubly amusing.

"That's right. Right now we need more heroes like Kaiju, ones who approach their duties with humility and gravity."

Mitsuteru winked surreptitiously at the retreating giant. Although he personally questioned "humility" and "gravity" as the defining qualities of a "hero", that didn't mean he couldn't help a coworker out of an awkward encounter. (Never mind that he was the one getting most of the kicks out of the situation.)

TruPolymorph TruPolymorph
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back