• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic โ€” ๐—›๐—˜๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ง๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ. ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ.

Characters
Here
Other
Here

low fidelity

๐—†๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜ด
heartless3.gif

HEARTLESS.

gm'ed by low fidelity low fidelity & timshel timshel .
ooc chatter & questions.

CHARACTER CREATION | LORE & MORE | INTEREST CHECK

due date: august 25th @ 12pm pacific time.

Last edited:
heyoooo !!

curious on a set of characters that operate sort of like klaus and ben from umbrella academy? (essentially one has a connection to the dead/can manifest and see them/dead people, and the other one through the manifestation is able to use their powers; albeit sparingly and only at the disposal of the medium) timshel timshel low fidelity low fidelity

curious on a set of characters that operate sort of like klaus and ben from umbrella academy? (essentially one has a connection to the dead/can manifest and see them/dead people, and the other one through the manifestation is able to use their powers; albeit sparingly and only at the disposal of the medium) timshel timshel low fidelity low fidelity
i mean, you can totally make characters with those powers if that's what you're asking? go for it yo

Are cybernetic body parts (mechanical legs, arms, etc) legal and available in Heartbeat City?
yes! there are legal options, tho its a "newer" concept. illegal parts are available as well

aight WIP up, will do background + add a mobile friendly spoiler for the codes later :blowkiss:

sorry ive been lacking a bit yall! i don't have my laptop with me atm, but i'll be able to get proper placeholders up by tomorrow ๐Ÿฅฐ

came up with a pretty solid character concept not long ago! iโ€™ll get started on it soon & should be ready in the coming day or so -

I have a few questions concerning weaponry and transportation:
Are there any other methods of transportation besides the modern day? (hoverboards, hovercars, teleportation, etc)
What is the fastest small-scale transportation vehicle? (Bicycle or skateboard size)

Has weaponry improved or branched out into different categories in recent years, changing the norm? (EMPs, lasers, shockwaves, heat rays, etc)
What are the most common weapons in this society, both legal and illegal?

ok, bios in +mobile friendly in as well. might tweak before deadline, but that's mostly the whole story for em <3

I have a few questions concerning weaponry and transportation:
Are there any other methods of transportation besides the modern day? (hoverboards, hovercars, teleportation, etc)
What is the fastest small-scale transportation vehicle? (Bicycle or skateboard size)

Has weaponry improved or branched out into different categories in recent years, changing the norm? (EMPs, lasers, shockwaves, heat rays, etc)
What are the most common weapons in this society, both legal and illegal?
yo! sorry to keep you waiting for an answer - your questions were so good that venus and i has to have a chat about them :-)
small-scale hover equipment (think personal transportation like bikes, skateboards, etc.) is probably widely available to the public. no doubt public transportation has benefited from hover technology as well. iโ€™m not sure if the technology for teleportation is quite there for everyone yet (could be a cool power, though).
as far as weaponry is concerned, we agreed that emp weapons are very strictly regulated/used by the military only due to the disruption to other electronics and widespread use of cybernetics as well. lasers and heat ray technology is probably restricted to household conveniences? but yeah - anything besides a very basic self defense weapon is probably illegal to the public (but likely in very high demand on the streets! nothing shuts down a fight quicker than some good old fashioned lasers, right?)
thanks for the questions & i hope this helps !

Hello everyone! ^_^ I just posted a cs, sorry for kind of popping in like a ghost lol. This rp and all the characters look really interesting so far!

Hello! I have a couple of questions before I submit anything:

You mentioned one of your references for this roleplay was Bladerunner - that being said, what is the extent of artificial intelligence in this period? How progressed have they become, if at all?

I presume we can be either the superheroes that face the public or the criminals that hide in the underground - are there any limitations on those roles? And are there any limitations on what these characters could be capable of? Of course, the superheroes facing the public should have powers, as they are the heroes, but are there any other requirements of characters based on their chosen path and where they reside in the city?

How advanced are prosthetics? I would assume that if A.I. is advanced, prostheses would be as well, but I figured I would ask regardless.

Hello! I have a couple of questions before I submit anything:

You mentioned one of your references for this roleplay was Bladerunner - that being said, what is the extent of artificial intelligence in this period? How progressed have they become, if at all?

I presume we can be either the superheroes that face the public or the criminals that hide in the underground - are there any limitations on those roles? And are there any limitations on what these characters could be capable of? Of course, the superheroes facing the public should have powers, as they are the heroes, but are there any other requirements of characters based on their chosen path and where they reside in the city?

How advanced are prosthetics? I would assume that if A.I. is advanced, prostheses would be as well, but I figured I would ask regardless.
hey hey! thanks so much for your questions (and your patience!)

artificial intelligence is likely quite advanced at this point - machine learning in code is the norm (as it's currently becoming) so it can adapt to what it's taking in. likely household a.i. like thermostats, smart appliances, smartphone helpers (like a siri) have a way of correctly predicting what you'll need or what you're about to ask for.
(here comes a cliche) the only limit is your imagination! in all seriousness though, there really aren't any limitations. you don't necessarily have to even apply for a hero or a villain - powered vigilantes, private investigators, journalists, members of law enforcement, or even a civilian without powers are more than welcome. and heroes themselves have to have some kind of job, right? (i myself will be applying with a powered physician - well technically a resident, but an md nonetheless)
& lastly, prosthetics are also quite advanced, and top of the line tech is becoming more and more available to the public. artificial intelligence likely makes them as close to the real thing as possible, and likely some machine learning aspect of the technology makes it more tuned to the wearer's unique physiology and needs.

hope this helps ;-D thanks so much for the questions!!

hey hey! thanks so much for your questions (and your patience!)

artificial intelligence is likely quite advanced at this point - machine learning in code is the norm (as it's currently becoming) so it can adapt to what it's taking in. likely household a.i. like thermostats, smart appliances, smartphone helpers (like a siri) have a way of correctly predicting what you'll need or what you're about to ask for.
(here comes a cliche) the only limit is your imagination! in all seriousness though, there really aren't any limitations. you don't necessarily have to even apply for a hero or a villain - powered vigilantes, private investigators, journalists, members of law enforcement, or even a civilian without powers are more than welcome. and heroes themselves have to have some kind of job, right? (i myself will be applying with a powered physician - well technically a resident, but an md nonetheless)
& lastly, prosthetics are also quite advanced, and top of the line tech is becoming more and more available to the public. artificial intelligence likely makes them as close to the real thing as possible, and likely some machine learning aspect of the technology makes it more tuned to the wearer's unique physiology and needs.

hope this helps ;-D thanks so much for the questions!!
Wonderful <3 I will be applying sometime soon!

I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT THIS WAS MADE
hi i hate myself

happy to announce that dr. death is in the building >:-) very excited about this character! hope y'all like her!

โ˜Ž ring ring
[ erzulie erzulie TheWaffleLord TheWaffleLord oliver oliver erosful erosful mangomilk mangomilk BELIAL. BELIAL. illegallyblonde illegallyblonde idiot idiot Plutoni Plutoni hhhoney hhhoney Heterological Heterological gouache gouache Pepsionne Pepsionne Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur Magolorsaware Magolorsaware minutiae minutiae Oumscar Oumscar fin fin ]
tagging everyone who's expressed interest & posted a cs/placeholder so yall see this!

DEADLINE UPDATE:
the deadline has been extended by one day, and is now on
august 25th, at 12pm american pst!

timshel and i felt it'd be good to give everyone a bit of extra time, i hope it's helpful c:
I wasn't tagged, le sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back