• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Character Driven Goodness here!

Jannah

Barely holding on.
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I don't have much luck with these searches typically, but I'll try again. Before you read any further I should note that I'm EXTREMELY picky, both because of limited free time and a finicky muse that rarely stays attentive for long.

Firstly, I will start with a bit about me:
-I am a 29 year old student of the library sciences. Naturally, I have a fondness for stories and this is matched by my fondness for creating them.
-I generally do not care which timezone my writing partners are in, but for your sake I will reveal that I am personally in MST.
-Due to having a preference for writing with those around my own age I do ask that you be 18+, should you decide to contact me.
-As revealed in my title I love the character driven storytelling. Plot development and intricate worldbuilding are not my forte at all and I fully admit it. I much prefer to have the characters themselves tell the story and push it along. Having a basic premise is nice, but beyond that? Go wild! Additionally, I tend to prefer to have my stories take place in our world, either as it is or as an alternative version of it, simply so I don't need to engage in any complex worldbuilding.
-I am open to both romantic and platonic plots. Romance I'm much more fussy about, however. It needs to develop naturally. I also have a preference towards MxF pairings, although I could be convinced to do FxF under the right circumstances. MxM I'd like to stay away from. I've had too many bad experiences with people simply using it to write smut and their personal fantasies.
-I love the dark and gritty. If you have any darker themes you'd like to explore then I'm your woman. On that note I do not have any triggers or limits worth mentioning here(excluding content that would break the ToS anyway).
-I am ghost friendly. If you need to drop then I understand. It happens and I've even done it myself, either due to real life circumstances or simply a lack of interest in the overall RP. Regardless, you do not owe me an explanation for your absence.
-I write at a semi-lit to novella level. I'm fairly flexible and tend to match what my partner gives me. However, I am not interested in things like one-liners and I'm a big believer in writing style compatibility. I may ask for a writing sample to see if we're compatible so please be willing to provide one.

As stated at the beginning of this thread I'm currently being extremely picky about what I write and who I take on as partners. My muse is extremely narrowly focused most of the time so I do need to consider that, particularly if we want something more long-term. That said, I have several ideas, tropes, and settings I'm currently interested in which I will list below. Things I'm craving will be bolded.

Espionage(especially if Cold War related), revolution, political intrigue(not court intrigue), WW II anything, Cold War anything, Gladiators, Roman soldiers, Kdrama, dystopia, post-apocalyptic, the Crusades, star-crossed love, forbidden love, "fish out of water" scenarios, time travel, reincarnation, pandemics, buddy cop scenarios, soldiers bonding in blood, mutants/gifteds(not Marvel), religious orders(real or fictional), exploration/travel, cyberpunk, urban fantasy, philosophy, science(sci-fi or realistic), disasters(of any kind), genocide, rites of passage/personal growth, friend/lovers separated and later reunited, Renaissance, WW I, Asian(including Middle Eastern) anything

Last edited:
Bump!

I am still looking. I have also added a few more concepts, but it is in no way an exhaustive list. I am willing to take suggestions.

In the Void, the Walker heard an echo:
Dark and gritty...political intrigue...soldiers bonding in blood...high literacy levels.
Plot development and world-building not your forte, hm? Well, this would be my first cooperative story project I've had in a good while -- at least a couple of years but I would like to think that I've retained some of my world-building skills and creativity to nudge a plot forward to help boost those areas. If ya feel like helping a rusty nail become sharp and polished again, it'd be much appreciated.

In the Void, the Walker heard an echo:
Dark and gritty...political intrigue...soldiers bonding in blood...high literacy levels.
Plot development and world-building not your forte, hm? Well, this would be my first cooperative story project I've had in a good while -- at least a couple of years but I would like to think that I've retained some of my world-building skills and creativity to nudge a plot forward to help boost those areas. If ya feel like helping a rusty nail become sharp and polished again, it'd be much appreciated.
I'm intrigued. Feel free to PM me!

How would you feel about an AlienxHuman, Sci-fi, Soilders bonding in blood, forbidden love scenario?
Honestly, I'm not really much in the mood to write heavy sci-fi stuff right now.

Hello!

I am interested. I teach history so your topics are all at some level of interest to me.

I recently created this account, however, so still getting used to technical side of the site.

Hello!

I am interested. I teach history so your topics are all at some level of interest to me.

I recently created this account, however, so still getting used to technical side of the site.

Alright. I'll PM you to make things easier.

I have an idea I suspect you will be highly intrigued by.

Plot triggers: Religious Orders (fictional), Urban Fantasy, Forbidden Love, Personal Growth, Mutants/Gifted, Disasters, 'FOOW'

I have an idea I suspect you will be highly intrigued by.

Plot triggers: Religious Orders (fictional), Urban Fantasy, Forbidden Love, Mutants/Gifted, Disasters, 'FOOW'

Please PM me.

Would you be up for an rp about ancient China or Heian Japan? Some rites of passage/personal growth would also be awesome as I love writing character development. My character for a Japanese rp is a young noblewoman that wants to become a samurai and the Chinese one is a violent and megalomaniac empress that has managed to conquer Mongolia and Korea. I can tell you more about my characters if you want, i also have some other alternatives but those are not so well developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back