• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern heading westward on| p |

david tennant

daydream believer
Alexander hadn’t meant for the statement to bother him any. He didn’t expect for him to stop or reject what he had been saying. This wasn’t the first time that the two had shared a bed, but it would be the first time since he started to feel something towards the other male. He tried to not blush in front of him. He knew it would lead into questioning and he didn’t want to confess yet. It would probably ruin things between them. He managed a soft smile. “Alright. I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable.” He explained. Johnnie was much nicer than much people would think. It was one of the reasons that he had fallen for him. He reached a hand up to gently rub at his eyes. He was more exhausted than he would like to admit.

He only perked up when Johnnie returned to him. “I’m shocked to see this many people out on a night like this. Usually it is quiet.” He didn’t find it to be bad, but it was a little worrisome for some reason. They both had a lot of different enemies and he didn’t want for them to be found out. He stood, leaving the bottle on the table. He hadn’t drank nearly as much as Johnnie had. “At least we got a room. It is better than sleeping in someone’s barn.” He joked a little. He soon followed after Johnnie and up to the room. His eyes were somewhat narrowed as they walked. That was only due to what he was thinking of. He shook his head a little.

He allowed for the other male to unlock the door and step inside before he followed. He quickly moved to take a seat on the bed. He then slid his shoes off, stretching his legs out. He slid his outer jacket off as well and then undid his vest. He was left in just his button up shirt. He moved to lay back on the bed, arms behind his head. “I do have to admit that it is very nice to lay on a bed.” His voice was softened.

beess beess here it is!))

[i swear im alive. i swear got caught up in a lot of overdue assignments]

Johnnie had taken a quick peek just outside the door to make sure nobody had taken interest in them, seeing as there were so many people there had to be a bounty hunter or two hidden within the crowd. Seeing that they'd be fine, he quickly shut the door and sighed, hoping that in the morning nobody would be waiting for them outside the building. The outlaw chuckled as he listened to Alexander speak, "Better than any dirty floor, eh?"

Taking off his gun belt, Johnnie slid it down onto the floor nearby to the side he'd be taking next was his jacket which he threw off somewhere to the side exposing his shoulder holster which he also promptly removed. However, as he sat down on the other side of the bed to take off his boots and hat, he laid the gun underneath his pillow, a habit he'd have yet to drop.

lol it is okay! my teachers are throwing assignments at me before thanksgiving break and i want to die. i have over thirty things due this week))

Alexander had grown accustomed to seeing the other male glancing after them after they stepped into a room. The two were wanted for multiple different crimes. The task that he did this morning would only add onto it. He thought back on it with a smirk spread on his lips. The money he had been able to take was enough to last them for a little while. He would just have to find another job the farther they travelled. He didn’t know where he would be able to find work in the towns to come, but he would. He always did. He tilted his head to look over at Johnnie as he stepped back into the room and began to undress. “I am hoping that we are able to find your sister easily. I wonder if she shares the same attitude you do.” He teased lightly. He truly enjoyed being able to push his buttons. The two were wonderful friends by that point. He really didn’t know what he would do without him.

A light yawn finally left his lips as he spread his arms to the side. He stretched until he felt his body crack some. “Much better than the dirty floor. Thank you for allowing me to sleep on the bed with you. Please don’t shoot me if I kick you on accident in the middle of the night.” He was back to his relaxed ways again. His English accent became more prominent then. It had faded some over time, but he couldn’t help when it did decide to come through. “Do you know how far we have to go to find your sister? I know you heard word of her being not far from here.” He was just rambling his thoughts out then. He would speak like this before he went to bed normally. He adjusted to get more comfortable in the bed.

[:coolshades: i have once again been revived, still drowning in assignments sadly]

The outlaw scoffed at Alexander's mention of kicking him on accident. He merely shrugged at his companion's question, silently thinking of the best way to reply. "Well, honestly, I am not completely sure. She may have moved already but hopefully not too far. Perhaps just a few states over. Could always collect more info on the way, anyway." Johnnie reached out for his hat and moved where it was situated, dusting it off slightly before finally actually laying down, his back just barely brushing up against, Alexander.

"I don't care if I had to swim across the ocean for her, honestly." Johnnie huffed, smiling to himself as he thought about the fact that his sibling was alive. That after all the years they had been separated, there was finally going to be a chance for them to reunite. As he attempted to get himself to settle down, he pulled out a pocket watch that was tucked away into one of his pockets. With a quick glance at it, he would then return it. "Let's just get some sleep, yeah? Gonna be one hell of a day."

oh man that is terrible! my semester starts again in a few weeks and i want to cry))

Alexander stayed quiet as the other male spoke. He figured it would be much easier to allow him to say his thoughts for now. “Hopefully she isn’t too far from here. I am quite excited to finally meet her. I know you are even more excited to see her though.” He mused. It had taken quite a bit for the other male to finally open up to him, but when he did his sister was one of the first memories he talked about. He was amazed with the way that Johnnie had been able to keep it together throughout these years. Then again, they both had been through quite a bit. He was just grateful that they had been able to find each other. His friendship meant the absolute world to him and he would love for things to progress more someday. He wouldn’t tell him his thoughts though. He was worried that he would ruin things between them if he did.

He blinked to shake away his thoughts. “Goodnight Johnnie.” He murmured. He let his eyes fall shut and he managed to doze off into a rather comfortable sleep. It was interrupted in the early hours of the morning though. He opened his eyes, turning his head to look towards the door. He swore that he heard heavy footsteps. Some panic arose in him. He shifted to carefully get himself sitting up. He reached a hand over to lightly shake the sleeping figure next to him. “Johnnie, get up. There are people in the hallway.” He kept his voice though. His gut feelings never failed him before and he didn’t want to start doubting them now. He finally stood before he moved to pull on the overclothes that he had taken off the night prior. He slid his shoes on as well. He immediately moved to slide his gun from it holster. He had a bad feeling that the authorities had caught up to them.

[i just realized mine does too 🧍]

Johnnie had some trouble that night staying asleep as he would find himself waking up multiple times at different intervals. However, right when he was sure he was able to finally get himself to actually stay asleep, not only but an hour later would he feel somebody shaking him awake. At first, the outlaw was just about to complain about Alexander having woken him up but then he listened to what he had to say and just like that, he was quickly wide awake, reaching for the gun under his pillow while standing up. Eyeing the door, he looked back over towards his companion.

"Maybe it's just some folk coming in late." He tried to think of ways to turn the situation around, hoping and praying that it wasn't the law finally having caught up to them. There was not way in hell he was going to go out like this, not now.

we’ve got this though!!!!!!!! gotta think positively!))

Alexander’s nerves were filling him as the different scenarios raced through his mind. There was a possibility that it could just be some regular person coming in. The pit that was forming in his gut was telling him otherwise. He shook his head some, carefully moving in the room. He tossed Johnnie’s things at him. “I don’t think it is.” He confessed. He moved to the window that was in their room then. He peered out it. Thankfully it was only a small drop from the second floor. He was sure they would be able to handle it no problem. “I do not have a good feeling about this. My intuition has never let me down before and I doubt that it will now.” He pointed out. He began to fiddle with the window, working on opening it as quietly as he could. “Get dressed. We can head out through here.” He added after a few moments.

He was grateful that he had been able to open the window with some ease. He pushed it all the way open then. If they could just get out and down, he was positive they could make it to their horses before things got to be any worse. He didn’t want for them to be outrunning gunfire. He could hear some fiddling on their door handle then. He was grateful if had been locked. “Let’s go.” He whispered. The urgency in his voice was greater then.

[hell yeah we do!]

As his things were tossed towards him, there was no hesitation as he began to carefully secure his shoulder holster before throwing on his jacket. It wasn't the first time he'd be rushing to get ready and have to get out of dodge, it was an all too familiar feeling to him. Johnnie nodded at Alexander's words as he soon finished adjusting his gun belt, finally finishing with his boots and hat. It could have not been a second too soon either as he heard somebody trying to open the door. The outlaw quietly swore to himself, guess the Englishman was right, there was somebody coming after them.

Johnnie quickly peeked out the window before looking back at the door and back at his companion. At least this wasn't the worse kind of situation they could be caught in. Without much a word, the outlaw was already climbing out the window, just barely hanging onto the edge. "Come on, I ain't jumping down without you."

woo!! :) ))

Alexander waited as patiently as he could for the other male to finish getting ready. Every ounce of him just wanted to get through the window and jump off of the roof to safety. He would never leave Johnnie behind though. They both had been through quite a bit together and he would do anything he could for the other male. He assumed that it also didn’t help that he had quite a large crush on him. That was something that he would never want to admit to him. It was far too embarrassing for his liking. Besides, the outlaw probably didn’t even feel the same way towards him. He would most likely ruin their friendship by even trying to admit his feeling towards the other. A gentle hum escaped his lips as he pushed those thoughts aside. He glanced out the window and then back towards the other male.

He allowed for him to go through first, moving his gaze to the door. Someone was still fiddling with the handle. It caused for his nerves to grow. He carefully followed him through the window as he heard his words. He got himself balanced enough before he reached up to close the window. He mumbled a count of three before he carefully jumped down. His landing wasn’t the most elegant though. He could feel a twinge in his ankle. He lightly cursed at that before he began to rush towards where they left their horses the night before. He was hobbling a little bit as he ran. He began to untie them once there, throwing a glance over his shoulder to make sure no one came out of the saloon. He carefully climbed onto the saddle.

The jump from the window down onto the ground could have been better but he had been through worse. The initial fall caused his hat to fly off and Johnnie was quick to pick it back up and return it to his head. However, as he was returning the accessory back to its place, he couldn't help but notice a slight problem with the way that Alexander was running. Of course, it definitely wasn't the best time to be asking about it so he kept his questions to him, saving it for when they were out of dodge and somewhere safe.

Johnnie's arrival caused his horse to perk up. Quickly untying the reins he practically jumped onto the back of the animal, quietly shushing her as he placed his feet into the stirrups. Looking back at the saloon and the window they had made their escape from, the outlaw quickly but carefully backed his horse up from the hitching post, turning her towards the end of town that would lead them out and away. "Come on!" There was no hesitation as he immediately spurred his horse into a canter, dust being thrown up from where her hoofs hit the ground.

Alexander didn’t hesitate a moment more as he spurred his own horse into a canter, following after Johnny. He glanced over his shoulder at the building they had left behind. Thankfully no one had come out of it. Soon enough, the town was growing smaller and smaller behind them. He allowed for Johnnie to lead them off, knowing he had a much better idea of where they were supposed to be going at that point. After all, he knew a vague premise of where his sister was. He was hoping they would be able to make the journey towards her quickly. He didn’t know how many towns were in between here and their destination. Judging by the landscape around them as they continued to ride, it didn’t seem like many. He was sure they would have to spend a few nights sleeping under the stars.

He slowed his horse to a stop when they were far enough away from the town. “I did something to my ankle when I landed. I do not know what but it hurts quite a bit. Do you have bandage or anything in your bag?” He inquired to the outlaw. He was hoping that he would wrap it enough to where it would stabilize it and they could continue on. He hated having to slow the pace down for something as silly as this. He was hoping the other male wouldn’t be too upset with him for injuring himself in an idiotic way.

The sudden questioning voice caused Johnnie to instantly slow his horse into a stop, the mare giving a small huff of protest. He couldn't help but give a slight chuckle, "Y'know, thought I saw something wrong with the way you were runnin'." With a quick look behind the two of them to make sure that there wasn't anybody coming down the trail, Johnnie slightly moved his horse over towards the side before hopping off. "I'm sure I got somethin' in my saddle bag, usually do." Though, the outlaw never really carried bandages on his person (which he probably should really start considering) he always made sure to keep it all stocked up on his horse.

Unbuckling the bag, he pushed a couple things aside Johnnie pulled out a roll that was just about halfway used. "You're goddamn lucky that you didn't break your whole leg." Johnnie would then walk up to the side of Alexander's horse, motioning towards his leg. "Don't worry nothin' about having to get down." However, he would pause, "This the right ankle?"

question: when are you wanting to work in them stopping for a night and johnnie’s sister kidnapping alex? i am fine with whenever for it, so i will let you decide))

A gentle smiled graced Alexander’s lips as he heard the outlaw chuckle. He wasn’t surprised that the other male found some amusement in the situation. “You know that I am not the most coordinated person. I can never land properly.” He mused in a joking tone. He was grateful that the mood was a bit lighter than it had been that morning. He glanced over his shoulder in the direction of the town. It didn’t seem like anyone had noticed them leaving. He then turned his gaze back to Johnnie. He stayed quiet though as the other male dug around in his bag. A soft sigh escaped his lips. His smile only grew as he heard his next comment. He shrugged his shoulders before responding.

“Let’s just hope that I did not break my ankle. That would be quite terrible. Having it wrapped should help enough though.” He stated. His appreciation for the other male was shining through as he assured him he didn’t need to get off of his horse. “That is the right one,” He confirmed, turning his gaze to look around them. The path they were on was unfamiliar to him. “I will have to check a map later on. I do not know how populated the area we are heading towards is. Have you been out this way before?” He inquired. He was trying to make a basic plan on his mind as to what they would have to be doing.

[just wanted to hop in check that you're still interested in this? sorry for the long stretches of absence came to give a reason so you're not just kinda hanging in there. catching up on a lotta school work tryna focus on it yknow? been sapping the absolute energy out of me. give or take i'll get a reply or two up tonight depending on how i am, hope you're doin well tho.

also plot wise for when alex gets kidnapped, i think we could probably do it soon. maybe have them work their way to the city and he gets taken just on the outskirts while they're camping or something]

hey! i am definitely still interested in this thread :) i completely understand! i ended up picking up an extra course this semester so i am stuck with six classes and balancing work every day i don’t have class so i can relate. i hope you are doing well too!

that sounds good to me :) ))

[been a while, hope you're still willing to stick around bc i've been trying to get back into roleplaying a bit slowly. i've got more free time now as well!
also my idea for the whole kidnapping thing i would like to think is that once johnnie ends up getting alex back, he does see that it was his sister who kidnapped him but like before they could talk or anything or before johnnie could even get a moment to try and get her back she runs off and johnnie cant exactly go after her bc he's not about to leave alex by himself.
also thinking about a bounty hunter side character who may help them out a bit

just wanna make sure you're still interested before i get my post in :0]

i am definitely still interested in this thread! i love that idea :) i feel like it is going to work really well. ))

[awesome! excuse any typos I'm on a phone]

As Johnnie did his best to wrap up the other man's injury, the outlaw could only click his tongue in response to Alexander's question. "Ah, well..." With a quick glance up at their surroundings he slightly shrugged, making sure the bandage wasn't on too tight, muttering a quiet 'that should be good'.

"I haven't really been, not exactly. Probably passed through this area once before but I don't really remember much else," Johnnie would continue on as he stood up straight, pocketing the extra bandages. "I'm sure there's some places further down the trail, not like we have much choice turning back."

Johnnie returned to his own horse, swiftly mounting the saddle in a single movement. "If we do get lost, I'm trustin' you with the whole map business, I ain't too good with that."

no worries!))

Alexander watched as the other male worked on wrapping up his ankle. A light sigh escaped him. It wasn’t uncommon for them to begin to trek into areas they hadn’t been before. He hadn’t seen much of this part of the country before he teamed up with Johnnie. “I will check a map once we get a bit farther from the town. I would hate for us to get caught after all of this.” He commented with a light smirk playing his lips. He turned his gaze down to his ankle once it was fully wrapped, rotating it.

“Thank you for that,” He paused as he turned his head to glance behind them towards where they came from. “We should get moving.” His statement was simple. He let out a gentle whistle as he grabbed the reins from his horse once more. She was soon galloping off as they had been prior. He kept her pace slow until he made sure Johnnie was keeping up with them. He then sped up a little more.

He was a bit concerned for what they were heading into. He could only assume that Johnnie’s sister would be staying in a more populated town. It was easier to blend in there. It also meant that there were more bounty hunters and people who would do anything to capture them. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to not let his worries get the best of him. He knew better than to allow himself to get overwhelmed by it. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t done this before.

[i think the kidnapping should like happen perhaps if they get split up in the city somewhere during the night? the both of them go looking for information and alex just happens to be caught on an empty street at a bad time?]

As the duo moved further on, Johnnie took in their environment, trying to see if perhaps he did know the place and he had just subconsciously erased it from his brain. Spurring his horse into a quicker pace, he fell into stride with Alex's and he took a quick glance at him. From that glance, he could see the worry on the other man and he sighed, knowing he himself was just as worried as the other may be. However, he was quick to push away those thoughts and straightened out his posture. Johnnie was fully determined, more than he probably had been in his entire life and he was going to keep going. Nothing and nobody was going to stop him anytime soon.

Riding on, Johnnie would still check behind them only once in a while, finding himself getting spooked by a bird or a rabbit crossing their path. They didn't run into many others on the path which he was thankful for and whenever they did the stranger always kept to themselves. After a while Johnnie stopped the mare at a crossroads, now completely sure that he was definitely not familiar with the place. Taking off his hat and smoothing back his hair before returning the accessory to his head he turned his horse around so that he was facing, Alexander. "Y'know, I think would be a good time for those map readin' skills of yours."

that works with me! maybe they got lodging and then went out to look around and that happens? that way Johnnie goes back and knows something is seriously off when he doesn’t return?))

Alexander stayed quiet as they rode. Usually the air would be filled with meaningless small talk, but he couldn’t find it in him to say anything today. It was far too close of a call in his opinion. He knew that he needed to be more careful. He didn’t want for anything to happen to either of them. If it came to it, he would protect Johnnie before himself. He owed the other male that much. A gentle hum escaped his lips as he did his best to clear his thoughts. He focused more on the area surrounding them then.

He was grateful that none of the people they crossed seemed to care for them. It wasn’t common to actually speak to anyone you crossed, but there were those rare moments. He stopped alongside Johnnie, glancing around them. “I should teach you how to read a map. You will need it one day if I am not here to help you anymore.” He teased lightly, trying to lighten the mood. He shifted in the saddle to reach his bag easier. With a quick movement, he pulled the map from it. His eyes scanned over it, muttering under his breath as he did. “It looks like there is a decent sized town a few miles down to the right. It looks big enough for some lodging and for us to hide in before they catch on to where we went.” He offered, pointing in the direction as he spoke. He lifted his head to look at the other male then.

[i love that! johnnie just hanging out and then realizing that alex is legit gone and he just goes feral]

Johnnie scoffed at Alex's teasing remark, "I'm sure it can't be that hard," the outlaw would state, completely glossing over the numerous times he had gotten both of them lost with his map reading skills, "plus, ain't neither of us goin' anywhere anytime soon." The would then outlaw watch as his partner scanned over the document before finally coming up with something. Leaning over in his saddle a bit, he tried to get a look and see if he could spot what Alex had spotted but he only clicked his tongue, the amount of figures and items already confusing him. Sitting back up straight, he looked in the direction that the other had pointed in and narrowed his eyes as he stared down the path.

"Alright, guess that's where we'll be headin', let's get the hell out of here." Johnnie pulled slightly on his horse's reins, the animal circling once as he positioned the mare to face the right path. He spurred his horse into a slow trot, making sure not to get too far ahead.

i can already see him flipping out))

Alexander raised an eyebrow as he listened to the other male, amusement clear on his expression. “Oh really? I happen to recall that we ended up in the wrong state once when I allowed you to try to read the map.” His tone wasn’t condescending at all. He took pleasure in teasing the other male. It was one of the this that keep him sane these days. “Here’s to wishful thinking.” He hummed. He wished that his words would bring him comfort, but it was hard finding it these days. He never knew when they would be caught. It would be certain death when they finally were.

He quickly folded the map once again, leaning to place it back into his bag. He latched it shut before facing fully forward again. He grabbed the reins in his hands, clicking his tongue as he did. The mare quickly followed Johnnie, soon catching up. “We might be able to get more information on your sister while we are there too. It wouldn’t hurt to ask around some. I don’t mind a quick bribe if need be.” He offered the suggestion.

[once again apologies for the horribly late reply honestly thank you so much for bearing with me and my inactivity 🧍
on a side not im not sure if i mentioned it already but i was thinking of having a bounty hunter side character that's like old rivals with the two who ends up helping them out? i have him mostly planned out]

Johnnie listened as Alex spoke and he smiled at the other man's offer to help. "Y'know I ain't sure where'd I be right now without you." The outlaw paused for a moment realizing how sappy he was probably sounding and quickly cleared his throat as if to try and change up his tone, changing up the subject without much thought, "I'm sure there'd be folks there who know something." The outlaw would then scoff and shake his head, "You and your bribes, don't know how you do it, honestly." This was one of Johnnie's favorite times where it could just be the two of them talking on a calm ride together. Moments like this didn't happen as much as Johnnie would have liked but he always appreciated them whenever they were able to have them.

Looking ahead, he narrowed his eyes and spoke, voice suddenly lowered, "Just hope there ain't any bounty hunters in that town, sneaky sons of bitches always know just where to hide and where to set themselves up."

it’s okay! this semester is going to absolutely kick my ass so i completely understand having to be inactive because of personal things happening c:

you did! that sounds perfect with me!))

Alexander could hear the shift in tone that the other male used. His expression softened for a few moments as a light smile broke onto his face. It was moments like these when he realized just how he felt for the other male. It was hard to let himself express it in any way though. He didn’t want to ruin the partnership that they had. He blinked, turning his gaze down to his saddle. His smile turned to a smirk before he looked back at the other male. “Aw, I can’t believe that my dear Johnnie is actually getting sappy on me.” His tone was completely teasing. It was clear to see that he was enjoying this banter. He looked back to the path ahead of them then. “I do what needs to be done. Bribes are just the easiest way of getting the information. Besides, I can always steal more money whenever we need it.” He commented as if his words were nothing. “Anyways, everyone loves a man with an accent.” It was the one time he was grateful for being British.

His sly and cunning ways were his greatest abilities. He was always able to get exactly what he needed. “We have gotten around them before, we will be able to do it again. We just need to be careful.” He tried his best to assure his partner then. The day that they finally got caught by one would be their last. They committed far too many crimes to get away. They would probably be shot on sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back