• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hawthorne Academy || A Private School RP

geminiy

v tired
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

a roleplay by geminiy & winona

Hawthorne Academy

verissimum et clarissimum lumen incipit in anima

tags

#privateschool #highschool #romance #sliceoflife

HA Proud

• Welcome to Hawthorne Academy

Hawthorne Academy, a prestigious school. Once nothing more than a private school for the richest of the rich in the upper part of Los Angeles, the school made quite the name for itself -- but as it turns out, trying to maintain a decent enough student population when your school is known for being incredibly expensive and hard to get in can well... well, it can really affect the school. So thanks to these decreasing numbers, the school decided to drop applications and become a school that is actually open to students from all walks of life and since this happened, the student population has increased.

After all, you can't beat a killer education for no price.

Of course, this means there's plenty of riffraff now walking through the halls. Quite the stark contrast compared to the richer, upper class students -- many of whom are famous.

Oh, what's that? Famous? Yep, you heard right. Before Hawthorne Academy became a generalized school, it was known for being an arts school -- and still, many young people with dreams of being famous, along with children of famous parents, still attend the school for its prestigious art program. So yeah, don't be surprised if you're casually walking the halls and then bam, there's the Justin Bieber of this generation.

On top of this, Hawthorne Academy boasts on being a very open campus to all walks of life and cultures. So yes, there's plenty of foreign exchange students, many of whom stay with the more well-known, prestigious students.

So as the little explanation states, this is basically just a high school roleplay set in Los Angeles. It just happens to be one that's kind of on the upper side, although people from all walks of life are definitely allowed in the school.

With that being said, there is also an arts program that some students are involved in. Think Disney stars but remove the cheesy Disney-ness (maybe -- some of them probably are). Not all students need to be famous or involved in this, of course. Plus, don't feel as if your character must be limited to being from LA or the states in general. Exchange students are more than welcome and even encouraged.

We'll be going through "seasons," which will incorporate pretty much the whole school year. Kind of from first day of school-ish to graduation, and we'll go from there. Don't worry! Your seniors will still have an opportunity for a spinoff rp once the school year is over. There'll be a calendar with different "episodes," which serve as the scene for the various skips.
    Winona Winona

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

Intro
Hawthorne Academy, a prestigious school. Once nothing more than a private school for the richest of the rich in the upper part of Los Angeles, the school made quite the name for itself -- but as it turns out, trying to maintain a decent enough student population when your school is known for being incredibly expensive and hard to get in can well... well, it can really affect the school. So thanks to these decreasing numbers, the school decided to drop applications and become a school that is actually open to students from all walks of life and since this happened, the student population has increased.

After all, you can't beat a killer education for no price.

Of course, this means there's plenty of riffraff now walking through the halls. Quite the stark contrast compared to the richer, upper class students -- many of whom are famous.

Oh, what's that? Famous? Yep, you heard right. Before Hawthorne Academy became a generalized school, it was known for being an arts school -- and still, many young people with dreams of being famous, along with children of famous parents, still attend the school for its prestigious art program. So yeah, don't be surprised if you're casually walking the halls and then bam, there's the Justin Bieber of this generation.

On top of this, Hawthorne Academy boasts on being a very open campus to all walks of life and cultures. So yes, there's plenty of foreign exchange students, many of whom stay with the more well-known, prestigious students.

Premise
So as the little explanation states, this is basically just a high school roleplay set in Los Angeles. It just happens to be one that's kind of on the upper side, although people from all walks of life are definitely allowed in the school.

With that being said, there is also an arts program that some students are involved in. Think Disney stars but remove the cheesy Disney-ness (maybe -- some of them probably are). Not all students need to be famous or involved in this, of course. Plus, don't feel as if your character must be limited to being from LA or the states in general. Exchange students are more than welcome and even encouraged.

We'll be going through "seasons," which will incorporate pretty much the whole school year. Kind of from first day of school-ish to graduation, and we'll go from there. Don't worry! Your seniors will still have an opportunity for a spinoff rp once the school year is over. There'll be a calendar with different "episodes," which serve as the scene for the various skips.

If you're interested, please let us know below and either myself or Winona will get back to you. Thanks again!

Rules
𝟎𝟎𝟏 This roleplay is a place of love and support for everyone. Judgement towards people or characters because of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, nationality, etc. will NOT be tolerated. This is non-negotiable.

𝟎𝟎𝟐 Literacy is important! We are looking for enthusiastic writers who can meet the minimum requirement of three paragraphs per post. Quality over quantity though!

𝟎𝟎𝟑 Activity is important. We expect that you are going to be able to post at least once or twice per week per character. We expect that you can make decisions for yourself based on how active you are so if you want to be more active than that, please go right ahead! Whatever you are able to handle above the baseline is good with us. We also want people that are going to be able to integrate with the group so activity in our Discord server is also a bonus.

𝟎𝟎𝟒 Mature themes (ie. drug and alcohol use, romance, language, etc.) are to be expected in this RP. However, any possibly triggering topics should be appropriately labeled and okayed by me first. Additionally, any plots that are major (i.e. character death, pregnancy, drama blogs, etc.) MUST be run by me first.

𝟎𝟎𝟓 We love diverse and unique characters here so be creative! Realistic faceclaims are required!

𝟎𝟎𝟔 Discord is required for this RP. All of our OORP conversation takes place there as well as some fun extras such as a Twitter and Instagram for our characters.

sounds good, ill throw my proverbial hat into the ring

Hello! this seems fun! is there an age limit for characters? or do you want everyone to play older teens? I ask cos my main oc is 14 haha.

Hello! this seems fun! is there an age limit for characters? or do you want everyone to play older teens? I ask cos my main oc is 14 haha.
there's no age limit within the 14-18 bracket! that being said, if you're playing a younger character, we try to avoid things like excessive mature content with them. we're a mostly 18 y/o+ group of writers so for personal comfort, we tend to want younger characters to refrain from that sort of things. if you're comfortable with that, let me know and I'll send you the invite link!

there's no age limit within the 14-18 bracket! that being said, if you're playing a younger character, we try to avoid things like excessive mature content with them. we're a mostly 18 y/o+ group of writers so for personal comfort, we tend to want younger characters to refrain from that sort of things. if you're comfortable with that, let me know and I'll send you the invite link!
if course! then i'm interested :D it sounds very fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back