• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Haven of Hope (RavenMist & Tidus)

"I killed him, I had to." She murmurs, tears still falling down her cheeks, she buries her face into his shoulder and sighs. She pulls away and wipes her face with her hands, "I'm sorry." she murmurs, shaking her head.

"It's alright. Our... Our emotions and memories... It's all we have left." He then held her head to face him. "I'm sure he would've wanted you to stop his suffering. You did the right thing and I'm sure he's proud of you for it." He then offered her a small consoling smile. "He's in a better place than this hellhole now."

Isabella nods, she couldn't find a smile, "We need to get really to leave, we don't have time to sit around." She says before wiping her face again. She stands up and looks around before sighing, her eyes sore from crying.

"You're right." He stood up and headed for the door. "It'll only be getting harder from now on. But I'm sure we'll be fine. I just need to grab a couple of things and we can be on our way." He went to the next room and starting packing the last of his stuff.

Isabella nods and packs the rest of her bag, looking around and grabbing some extra bits and bobs they might need. She looks around, standing near the door, her gun ready. She unties her hair and then puts it back up.

Adam finished packing his things then went to stand beside her. "There is a big house that I haven't gone through yet, it may have some good supplies but it's in a middle of the town and too risky to get to. I think we have enough to hightail it and pick things from the next place we find, what do you think?"

Isabella nods, "That's a better idea, sooner we get out of this town the better." She mumbles. She smiles lightly, "How do we get out of here without the zombies seeing us?" She asks.

"Now that's the real question isn't it." He smiled back. "Come with me." He said as he picked up his big over-stuffed backpack and headed out to the backyard of the house. "Now all the zombies are grouped in front of the house near the ladder. A couple of weeks ago I was pacing here in the backyard and I stumbled upon this." He leaned down and opened a hidden trapdoor. "It leads to the outside from the back. Hopefully we won't encounter any zombies from this side. Whoever lived in this house sure loved to have back-up plans." He said as he laughed.

Isabella nods, "It seems they were quite prepared for a zombie apocalypse." She says lightly, "Let's move." She says, stifling a sigh. She looks around her gun loaded and held tightly in her hand. She looks at him, "Once we're out we need to move quickly, we don't have time to kill every zombie if they notice us." She mumbles.

"I agree." He said as he drew his sword. "And take it easy with these guns, it may rid us of one but it'll attract twenty to our direction." He then patted her on the back. "It's us versus the world now, I don't know about you but I'm ready to kick some zombie ass." He said as he jumped in the trapdoor. He took out a flashlight from his bag and turned it on. After he glanced around he shouted. "All clear."

Isabella follows after him after he shouts that it's clear. She pats around her bag looking the flashlight she had and takes it out whilst not stopping to move. She turns it out, holding it in her other hand, "You don't happen to have another sword, do you?" She asks pointing her gun on safety and into the waist of her trousers. She had a knife but it made it dangerous having to get so close to a zombie, she could be bitten easier.

"I'm afraid not, But I'm sure we'll be able to find a useful weapon soon." He then started walking. "Underground tunnels always creep me out, but on the good side. I don't think a zombie would've found his way in here. So we're going to head north right? that is where that place is?" He asked. In all honesty he had no idea what was to the north of this village. So he decided to put on a mindset that he used to adopt. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Isabella nods, "North from the village. We can work out which way north is when we get out of the tunnels." She says, pointing the torch around, looking for anything. She keeps close to him, making sure she was following him.

It took a few minutes to finally get to the other side. As they reached a ladder and another trap door. "This is the exit, it's the moment of truth." He put the flashlight in his mouth and started climbing the ladder. As he reached the top he slowly opened the trap door and peaked his head. "I see three of them, I'll take care of it." He whispered to Isabella.

Isabella nods and waits for him to deal with the zombies before she combs out and looks around. She spins in a circle before knowing when direction north was and pointing. She looks at him and then starts to walk.

Adam walked beside her, as silently as possible. "I'm glad you know your directions, I swear to god I can't tell anything anymore." They walked past a few buildings as they neared the edge of the village. "I can't believe I'm going back out there, it's something I thought I'd never do."

"It's for the best." She murmurs, she was looking for to settling for a bit but she wasn't about to show it. She glances at him, "We should come across a few more towns before we get anywhere near the mountains." She says.

"Well that's a good but at the same time a bad thing." He was deep in thought. "Do you... Do you anything about how this hell started? All I remember is that out of nowhere they attacked the small town I used to live in, must've been hundreds of them. Pretty much everyone I knew died that day."

Isabella looks at him, "I lived in a bigger city. At first sections were just quarantined off, any humans had to get out the infected area. Many people were moved to military camps that were supposed to be safe. But as the virus spreader through people and supplies became shorter, they weren't safe either." She says quietly, "I took my brother a left just as the place got attacked. Everyone either died or turned." She adds.

"Yes I'd imagine big cities had it much worse, the more the population, the more the suffering." He sighed as he remembered what happened in his own village. "My Mother died when I was 9 years old. It was just me and my old man living in a small and peaceful village. When the attacks started he grabbed me and told me to run all the way the next village. And I did, but it wasn't any safer there. That's how I survived, just running and hiding." He then looked at her. "It only took one week, within one week it spread everywhere. I couldn't find anyone surviving. "

Isabella nods, "We just kept running. Me and my brother, when this started he was tiny. I looked after him after my mother died." She murmurs quietly. She looks around slowly blinking. She wipes her face and sighs, "It was nice today being about to relax a bit." She says.

"Speaking of which, I never thanked you for teaching me how to dance. Never thought a day would come that I'll be able to dance properly." After a few seconds he continued. "I'd like to dance again someday. So lets do this, lets find the safe haven and live happily in it."

Isabella nods, "There'll be a day we can dance again, I'm sure. Even if we waltz on the roof top of some abandoned building whilst being attacked by zombies, we'll dance again." She says with a small weak smile.

"I probably wouldn't be very comfortable dancing in front of zombies but. I hope so." He said, offering a smile of his own. As they reached the last houses on the edge of the village Adam saw four zombies blocking their way. Two of them were wearing rotting cops uniform. "Looks like the cops are blocking the area." He said as he prepared his sword.

Isabella nods again, she holds her knife and looks around, "We need to take them out quietly," she says, thinking of how to approach them, "We don't know how many zombies are in the town." She says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back