• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Haven of Hope (RavenMist & Tidus)

Adam was breathing heavily as he leaned on the wall of one of the small village houses. He had just barely survived becoming a zombie snack. He was going through his usual supply run which involved breaking into one of the village houses and taking whatever is inside that he can use. He was getting careless. taking care of a zombie or two has become as easy as eating or sleeping to him. But he never expected to find nine zombies as he rushed inside the house. He spared a glance to the blood soaked sword in his hand, he owed that sword his life. He had found it in one of the houses a few weeks ago and ever since it became his main defense against the lovely people inhabiting this village.

When all nine zombies rushed at him he managed to kill a couple of them before jumping off one of the house's windows. But the really bad news is that while he was there he took a good glance around the house, there was nothing of use for him. And as he crossed this house off the list in his mind he realized his situation. There was only one or two houses left in village that he didn't check. Soon this village will have nothing more to offer him. What will he do then? Would he dare to venture outside? He was brought back to reality as he heard the noises the zombie approaching him was making. Adam looked at him and said. "Can we do this later buddy, I'm not in the mood." Upon hearing his voice the zombie rushed forward, hands stretched and jaw wide open. With a sigh Adam lifted his sword stabbed the zombie in the head as it came within reach, then grabbed his backpack and started walking around the village, being as quiet as possible.

@RavenMist

Isabella sighs, looking around slowly. She picked up her backpack and looks into the near distance where she could see the town she was heading to. She was running low on supplies and just checking nearby towns. Her face was sweaty and dirty, her long brown hair tied into a pony tail. She breaths out a heavy breath and starts to move quicker toward the town, it's was crawling with zombies and so she moves round the side to a different house. She holds her gun on one hand, her knife in the other.

She climbs through the window of the house and looks around heard something moving, a voice and then a zombie. It jumped out on her and she curses. "Damn it," she shouts, shooting the zombie in the head twice.

She shakes her head, "Anyone else in the house?" She says loudly, preparing herself to get attacked by more zombies.

Adam was deep in thought as he made his way through the village, he was wondering if there was still humans out there. He hasn't seen another person in about three months now and was afraid of what he'd find out there if he has to leave this place. But then he thought about the one question that really mattered. Why was he still fighting and surviving? What was he hoping for? He had lost everyone he knew in life. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the unthinkable, Adam froze in his place, his black hair seemed to stand up on it's own. He hasn't heard it for a long while but he knew that sound very well, gunshots. His heart started beating faster as his mind raced with the possibilities. "What the hell, there is no way." He whispered as his icy blue eyes looked towards the house where the sounds came from. he quickly started moving towards it.

Sadly he wasn't the only one attracted by the gunshots, zombies were starting to move towards the house too. He rushed towards it and as he reached it he peeked inside thought the window. He couldn't believe his eyes... There was a woman inside... One that is still alive and kicking. He slowly opened the window and shouted. "Don't shoot." as he entered the house through it. "Are you really alive? Who the hell are you?"

@RavenMist

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabella looks at him, her gun pointed at him, "I'm perfectly alive, are you?" She asks, breathing heavily. She hadn't expected to another human, not a living one anyway, "I'm Isabella, I'm travelling, looking for supplies." She says, looking around. There was swarms of zombies approaching the house. She began shooting out of the window, mainly getting head shots and taking each zombie one by one.

"How many Zombies are in this town and how are you alive with this many?" She gasps, looking around. She kneels down now, opening her back and taking out another hand gun, "Take this. I don't have much ammunition left so make every shot count." She says before putting her bag back on and standing. She looks around, she heads toward the staircase, looking at the smashed windows and doors, "Shit"

His heart almost stopped as she spoke back to him. She really was alive. As she asked him back if he was alive he turned around and looked outside the window. "Not for long thanks to you. What the hell were you thinking! firing a gun in a place like this." He then shook his head with a smile. "Traveling? On your own? Yeah nice story." He took the gun she handed him and started shooting. "There is a lot of them. a hundred, maybe more. They are nice people, when you get to know them." He said sarcastically.

After shooting a few zombie in the head he relaxed. It had been a few months since he shot a gun but he still knew how to do it. "We can't let them trap us in here, we need to clear a away through the back and go." He shouted as he rushed to the room with the backdoor. He looked out through the window. "I count eight of them. If we take them out we can make our way to my place, hopefully."

Isabella narrows her eyes, "I didn't know, a million zombies were about to jump at me. Or a human ass was going to attack me with his sarcasm." She says, shooting more zombies. She looks at the door, "I'm going to distract them, and you're gonna move your ass and run for it. I'll follow behind. " She says, her voice full of authority.

She looks around, "I travelled alone for the last two months." She mutters, shooting at the eight zombies currently in their way, "Oi, zombies over here. Come get yourself a brain." She yells, watching as they all turn to her. She shouts again and again, managing to take out five of them.

Adam smirked at her human ass comment, this girl was something else. As she ordered him around he stared at her. "You walk into my place and assume you can order me around?" Then when she headed towards the zombies while shouting at them he mumbled. "This chick is crazy." He went out after her while drawing his sword from the leather strap he keeps it tied in on his back. He started attacking what's left of the zombies.

He severed the heads of a couple of them then stabbed the last one in the eye. As he watched her fight he was convinced that she was indeed pretty good and may be able to survive on her own. "You've got some fight in you, I'm impressed. But stunts like that gets you killed." He said as the last zombie was down. "If you're here for supplies I'm sorry to tell you I pretty much ransacked the place. But there are still a couple of places that could have some useful stuff." He then looked behind him, zombies were making their way to them pretty quickly. "Lets get to a safe place first, follow me." He said as he started moving then he paused for a second and said "I'm Adam by the way." Then moved on.

Isabella chuckles, "Of course I'm going to boss you around. But I'm not crazy, just a tad bit accidentally suicidal." She says, watching him kill the last of the three zombies. She follows him, "There's not many supplies left anywhere I've been and no humans." She mumbles, she shrugs lightly at his comment on her ability to fight and starts to move with home quicker.

She looks at him, "Isabella, I'm Isabella." She murmurs, "On the contrary it's nice to meet you under the circumstances." She says with a chuckle.

"Nice to meet you too." He said as he led her across a few narrow streets and killing a couple of zombies with his sword. He knew the ins and outs of the village and was able to lead them through shortcuts. "So you really are traveling alone? You haven't seen anyone else at all?" He asked as they walked. After a few minutes they arrived at a big stone wall with a ladder hanging from it.

"I found this house when I first arrived here, it is surrounded by a stone wall and safe, it's where I've spent the past few months of my life." He then ushered to the ladder. "After you princess."

Isabella nods, "I've been on my own since they turned my brother. I've been alone since then." She murmurs, "I've seen the odd person, usually killing themselves or getting killed by zombies." She adds, looking around and then climbing up the ladder. She looks around after and looks at him after he climbs over, "Don't call my princess, that's just- just no." She says laughing, she looks away, "Can the zombies not climb the ladder?" She asks.

As they climbed down on the other side of the wall he answered her question. "The zombies around here haven't figured out how to climb ladders yet, thankfully." He then smiled at her laugh, He was captivated by it. It was so amazing and... Human. It was something he thought he would never see again. "What shall I call you then? The crazy lady with the guns?" A sad expression then appeared on his face. "I'm sorry about your brother. I've.. I've lost everything and everyone too. Sometimes I think all this is just some fucked up dream, that I'll wake up at some point and this nightmare will end. Except, it won't."

He felt the need to change the subject and the mood. "Do you know what's the best thing I've found in this house... Coffee. An endless supply of coffee, stacked in the basement. Whoever lived in this place must've thought coffee was all he needed to survive the apocalypse. I must say that I do agree with that theory." He said with a smile as they started walking towards the house. "It's not a big house, only has four rooms and a basement but it's lovely and quiet... Look at me talking like I'm about to sell you the place." He laughed. " So how about some coffee?" He asked.

Isabella laughs, "Call me, Your saviour." She jokes, "No seriously, just call me Isabella." She says lightly, falling silent at the mention of her brother again, her smile faded. She rubs her face lightly and sighs, "He was all I had, he was 10 years old and he died because of me." She murmurs, thankful that he changed the subject after a short moment.

"Would now be the time to announce that I don't actually like coffee?" She comments, "But I'll drink it, it's fine." She adds quietly looking him. She looks away from him now.

Adam gasped. "I cannot believe these words just came out of your mouth. How can you not love coffee? I swear to god it's the only thing keeping me sane." He said with a smile. He said as they entered the house. "You can take a look around if you want. I'll go make some coffee and get you something to eat. I don't have much really but I'll share what I have."

He went into the kitchen and started making the coffee. He never understood how or why but for some reason this place still had electricity. "This all feels very strange. You know... talking to another human. It's been a long long time." He shouted from the kitchen.

Isabella had began to look around, she hears him shout and chuckles, "I know, I felt the same. I took to talking it myself when I was alone." She says with a laugh, she stares at the plain walls sits down. She takes a great relaxing for the first time in along time. She never had time to breath before. Nowhere had been safe and she was lucky to even get a chance to rest. She closes her eyes, realising how tired she'd became of the last week of travelling.

"I never expected to be able to relax as much again." She says quietly, yawning but opening her eyes. She could fall asleep but she wouldn't, she still didn't fully trust the man even if he was human.

A few minutes later Adam emerged into the living room with coffee and chips. He gave her her cup and a bag of chips. "This is basically what I live on. It's not much but it gets me by. And the chips are pretty good." He sat down and took a sip from his own coffee cup. "So I guess out there is the same as here, just like imagined. I always fantasized that some where there was a safe community where a group of people still lived."

"I can barely even remember what the world was like... before it all went to hell." He finished as his eyes looked down on the ground.

Raven told holding the coffee in her heads, "There's talk after places like that, where its stick nice. But no one has helped support that theory." She explains, looking around slowly. Her body was still somewhat relaxed as she began to eat them slowly, her body hadn't eaten in w long while now and it felt refreshing to have some food in her system.

"Places that are safe? It's not impossible to imagine but it's a long shot. I mean there is a good chance some smart people somewhere figured out how to survive." He took another sip of his coffee. "I'm afraid I'm gonna have to move out from this place sometime soon. There isn't much supplies left around here." He then took a glance at Isabelle "So what about you? Are you just traveling hoping to stumble upon a place like that?"

Isabella drinks the coffee, her face scrunching up, "Something like that yes, stories travel far and wide about a place that humans have made safe, started fresh per say." She says turning to him, "It's supposed to be up north near the mountains. I've been travelling that way, but everywhere seems to have a massive zombie population." She adds quietly. She shakes her head and looks around slowly, "I doubt there's anything out there, but it's something to have hope for ya know. Gets me by thinking about a better future."

He looked into her beautiful eyes and nodded. "Even if it turns out to be false hope, it's still hope. And to travel on your own seeking it... You're braver than I'll ever be." He sighed as he looked at the ceiling. " Once I found this place where I can be safe I never thought about leaving, I guess I just gave up on this world. It's funny but I don't think I even know why I've been fighting and surviving for the past few months." He then looked back at her and smiled. "But I'm glad I did, what would've happened to you if I wasn't here to safe your ass."

"If you are tired there is a room in the back with a bed, you look like you need some rest. And there is even a lock on the door." He said as he took another sip of his coffee.

Isabella nods, "Travelling keeps my mind off everything." She says lightly, starting to grin at his comment of saving her, "That's a lot of crap, I didn't need saving. I was the one with guns remember." She says with a chuckle. She looks around again, staring into space.

"I'd like to think a bed to sleep in would be good but I don't think it's possible, my mind wouldn't let me even if I tried." She explains, "Worst case of insomnia going I think."

"Alright lady with the guns, what's your plan now?" He said with a smile. "Ofcourse you are welcome to stay here as long as you want. It'd be good to have some company." He took the last sip from his coffee. "You didn't tell me, how is the coffee? Isn't it the best one you've ever had?" He said with a smile. As he spoke he was amazed at how easily he was getting into conversation with her. For the past few months he thought that even if he met another human he'll probably never be able to trust or even talk to them. But there was something about Isabelle, something that made him feel safe.

Isabella laughs, "I planned to move north, find some warm clothes and live in isolation. In an igloo." She jokes, shaking her head, "I planned to move north towards the so called 'safe haven'," she says, looking at her empty cup of coffee.

"The coffee was nice thanks, though I don't like coffee." She says with another chuckle. It felt nice that she could relax a bit for once. That someone else was with her.

"An igloo sounds pretty good." He joked with her. His face then turned serious "North huh? Well I guess it's not the worst idea in the world. It sure would be nice to find a safe haven with people living in it." He said while deep in thought. Maybe there is a chance of her finding a safe place, but would he ever be brave enough to leave his own safe place? Then at her comment about the coffee he looked at her with a sad face. "It's treasonous to not like coffee, you break my heart."

Isabella smiles, "I'm more of a tea person." She adds, "I'm sure your heart'll be fine with all the coffee though." She says. She wanted to try and keep the conversation light and humorous but knew it wouldn't be the case all the time. She blinks, staring away, "If there's not safe haven, I'll just keep travelling, or try to make one of my own. Round out any humans left really." She adds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back