• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Haven of Hope (RavenMist & Tidus)

"Find a safe place or start your own huh? You sure do dream big." He said with a smile. It was different for him, he didn't have a goal in mind, he actually had no reason to go on. He was surviving for the sake of living another day. He then suddenly stood up. "You wanna see something cool?" He then went to the next room and pulled up a record of old classical music, he put it in the old stereo that was in the house and turned it on. He waked back into the room with a smile. "Music... Can you believe it?"

Isabella stands and clasps her hand, "Does it play? I haven't heard music for so long. Unless moaning zombies count." She says grins as it starts playing, "Let's dance." She exclaims like a child, laughing. She seems so easily impressed right now. She brings a hand through her hair, wiping her face.

"Well it's not as good as moaning zombies but it's alright." He said back with a chuckle. But then blankly stared at her as she smiled and said 'lets dance'. He can't even remember when was the last time he danced. He didn't even remember if he ever danced before. "What? I'm... I'm not much of a dancer. I'll just embarrass myself." He said awkwardly. But he couldn't help but smile at her excitement.

Isabella narrows her eyes, her smile still evident. "Please. Just try. It'll be fun!" She exclaims, laughing. She looks at him, "We might not have another chance to just laugh at each others dance move if we don't now." She adds, crossing her arms, not losing eye contact with him. She starts to dance to the classical music, holding her arms out like a ballerina. She spins around and chuckles to herself.

He stared into her captivating eyes for a while then smiled. "I can't believe I've brought this on myself." He said while laughing as he started to dance awkwardly. At first they were simple dance moves but then as he really got into it, they became more like traditional jazz moves. He couldn't remember the last time he felt such happiness and joy from doing anything. "You're right! this is so much fun." He told her as he danced.

Isabella grins, "I'm always right!" She exclaims pretending to ballroom dance with an invisible person, spinning around slowly. She looks at him, "I never imagined this happening! A zombie apocalypse happens, I find a human and get to dance." She says with a laugh. Her smile was bigger than ever. She continues to spin slowly, watching the man as he dances, laughing along.

Adam continued to smile and dance. "I never imagined it either. You have to admit, this is some damn good music." He said. For these few minutes of joy to him the world was the happy and busy world it used to be, everything was alright... Everyone was alright. "So you've been practicing Ballroom dances with zombies? because you're pretty good at it." He said jokingly.

Isabella giggles, "Yes, of course. There were a few issues though with my zombies teacher seeing me more as food, so I moved on." She says, her joke obvious. She looks at him and grins, "Come here, I'll teach you a few tips." She says with a grin, "I promise not to step on your feet," she adds still laughing.

He looked at her hesitantly for a few seconds. Then a smile filled his lips. "I'm a hopeless case but alright Belle, lets see what you've got." He walked to her and grabbed her hand. "I do warn you though, if you do step on my feet I may have to retaliate." He said with a chuckle as he prepared himself to follow he orders.

Isabella smiles, "We'll see." She says, her other hand resting on his shoulder. "The male leads, so when you foot goes forward, mine goes back, when your foot goes back mine goes forward." She says, she grins, "It's easy really, after that, move around, spinning, add a few twirls and there we are. Ballroom dancing, level- Easy." She says with a smile, looking at him.

Feeling nervous and a bit shy Adam tried to concentrate on his movement trying to follow Isabelle's instructions. They were simple enough and after a bit he could easily do the steps and fell in line with her movement. "Hey this really is easy, or maybe you're just a pretty good teacher." He said as they danced and spun around.

Isabella grins, "I think you're just a quick learning." She says lightly, enjoying how close they were. I was nice to have another human that close, comforting. "It's simple though." She says to him, looking at him smiling. She relaxed more now.

"So first you compliment me saying I'm a quick learner then crush that compliment by saying it's simple. Talk about heartless." He joked. "I have to say that this is the most fun I've had since what seems like forever. Thanks you, Isabelle." He said as he looked at her face.

Isabella smiles more as they dance, "It's nice to just relax a bit. Not worry about a zombie trying to eat your brains. We allowed to have some sort of fun." She murmurs, her mind starting to think more. Her face looked happy but there was always a dark thought in her head even with a happy distraction. She looks around, before looking back into Adams eyes.

"indeed we are allowed." He whispered. Adam noticed her suddenly looking around. "Don't worry Isabelle, you're safe in here. I'll keep you safe." And he knew in his heart that he meant these words. He was ready to do anything to keep her safe. "You could stay here with me, there are still enough supplies to last us a month. Then after that we'll figure something out."

Isabella smiles, "Knight in shiny amour, I assume." She looks at him, "It'd be nice to settle, even for a bit I suppose." She says lightly, she couldn't really imagine being in the same place but she'd attempt it. It was still weird, being around someone else. She was so used to being alone, to silence.

"That's right." He said with a smile. "Yeah settling down would really be ni..." he suddenly went silent. There were loud noises coming from outside. "Oh shit." He rushed outside and climbed the ladder, swarms of zombies were heading towards the house. "They must've followed us somehow." He yelled from the top of the wall.

Isabella looks around, "Can you move the lander so they can't climb up?" She asks loudly whilst grabbing her gun and reloading. She had twenty shots left and there was more zombies then that. She looks at him, "There's no chance we can take that many zombies out with just us. It's too dangerous." She says to him.

"The ladder is strongly attached to the stone wall, but they can't climb it. We're safe for now." He then sighed. "It must've been the loud music that dragged them here." He then stared at them. "Looks like we're gonna have to leave to hunt for your dream land after all."

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabella sighs but nods, "I'll start packing, do you have a bag we can fill with the remaining supplies." She murmurs. She rubs her face and looks around, starting to pack her own bag. She felt uneasy hearing the zombies, there was chance they could learn how to climb the ladder st any point.

Adam went to her and held her hand. "Why don't you go get a couple hours of sleep, we'll be doing a lot of running from now on. I'll keep watch here." He said calmly. "Trust me you'll need it." He said as he started packing his own stuff.

Isabella smiles, "I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to." She mumbles but she stands anyway, "I'll try to sleep." She murmurs heading toward what she assumed to be the bed. After entering, she doesn't bother to lock it. She climbs into the bed, lying down and sighing. She closes her eyes and eventually drift off to sleep.

Adam climbed back to the wall and stared at the zombies for a long time. They were once humans, just like him. Living their lives with smiles and tears. How could something so full of life turn into these... flesh eating monsters. He had no idea how it all happened. He didn't think anyone did. And now he's going to have to go back out there. His attention then went to one of the zombies that grabbed the ladder. It's head was staring up towards him, all it had to do is put one foot up the first step then the other on the next one and it'll reach him. But they had no intelligence, nothing human was left there. How did it come to this? After what seemed like an eternity he climbed down and went to the kitchen, and made himself a new cup of coffee then sat down and savored it. It might be his last one.

Isabella tossed and turned in her sleep. Dreaming about something that was evidently horrible as she starts to mumble loudly in her sleep. She breathes heavier, mumbling much loudly, "Jack, wait for me!" She screams her eyes shooting open. At that point she started to cry, she only cried alone, or after sleeping. She crawls into a smaller shape on the bed, hiding her face in the pillow as she sobs.

Adam was sitting deep in thought and enjoying the coffee when suddenly he heard a scream coming from the room Isabella was in. He rush into the room and found her crawling on the bed, sobbing and crying. He rush to her side and hugged her. "Hey hey hey it's ok, you're ok. It was just a bad dream." He couldn't even begin to imagine what horrors she dreamed of, but then again maybe he could. He was living in the same nightmare. "You're safe." He said as he tried to calm her down. He had heard her call to Jack. The poor thing must be blaming herself for his death. "It's not your fault, nothing is your fault." He whispered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back