Experiences Has anyone actually completed an RP before?

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I just want to know if anyone has actuall finished an RP before, as in completely wrapped up the plot/finished the first part before a sequel. I've never actually seen one before.

So I just want to know if anyone has actuall finished an RP before, as in completely wrapped up the plot/finished the first part before a sequel. I've never actually seen one before.
It's sort of rare because most rps, at least the ones I frequent, either die quickly or aren't created with a goal or plot in mind.

Mgh. I technically completed this survival island RP once over Skype with a few friends. But the GM clearly just wanted it to be over with because he randomly introduced god modded NPC character that built a boat in like a day to get the characters off the island. It was a very rushed and unsatisfying ending to say the least.

Twice, but both not on this site.

The first one is about a land named Lore where an evil overlord fought against a holy kingdom. Suddenly, a third force named Chaos emerged from the sea and form an island and started attacking both forces. Then so called Evil and Good side had to band together to beat the Chaos. The roleplay ran for about eight months before ending with the destruction of chaos force and a final battle against the Chaos Emperor. It was fun.

The second one was about a dragon attack to a kingdom. The heroes killed the dragons (and the one who controlled them) but they also usurped the king from the throne.

Oh the joys of completing an RP. I led a vampire RP on a different forum and it was so much fun, three races (vampires, lycans and hybrids) pitted against each other in a war but it took the powers of a telepathic vampire and her Lycan lover to show that all races can get along and stand together in the fight against evil. Man I miss those days. :P

A lot of rps I got into where built in a way that could be infinite, and became a barren wastelands. infinite settings are cool until you realize that when you have a "no man's sky" situation it gets boring real fast. Purpose is the lock and Consistency is key.

Only came close with one Rp and that was after several reboots and timeksips. But have never actually been able to see a Rp I'm apart of, get completed. Usually they die early on and we never make it.

Yeah. I have done it a few times. Much celebrations were had in the triumph of the accomplishment.

Tyranny of King Valerian, the original Guild of Heroes, and the Return of Corruption.

If you look in the Site Archive long enough, you'll probably find them.
I was in one of those! Namely Return of Corruption, with what I consider to probably be one of my worst characters ever.

But besides that one, I think I completed all of two others. One called I Am and another called Brøken.

I did at least thrice, though never of RPNation as I am new.

But like someone before me said, most of my RPs became abandoned because the other person stopped answering (most frequent case), the plot was lacking, or the characters were too OOC (if played about a fandom)

Only once, with World of Tomorrow. That was fun, but all of the other RPs I've done have never gotten past 20 pages because they kinda just fizzle out.

In the last 3.5 years of roleplaying on the internet, and almost 3 years on being on this site, I have been in multiple types of roleplays over forums. However, few have ever been finished. Some died before takeoff in the character creation, others died a few pages in, and some died after a long amount of pages. I find these to be the reasons why most of these fail:
  • The website closes with little notice or has an accident, stopping the roleplay in its tracks and removing its existence
  • The GM quits without notice
  • A majority of players do not reply anymore or leave without notice (unfortunately, I was one of those people before)
  • No plot was created for the roleplay, hence no way to end it
Now some roleplays on forums I was in did finish. However, I do not like to include these as completed ones I was in. This is mostly because either I left these roleplays early on, I was insignificant to contributing to the roleplay, or the GM pretty much forced the roleplay to end by adding an impossible challenge..

This is not to say that I have never finished a roleplay in a good way though. I play URealms on Tabletop Simulator in a discord server. As most URealms campaigns can be finished in a single session lasting a few hours, I have pretty much completed nearly every Urealms campaign I have been in. The only one I have not finished was when there were connection problems. Thereby, I have completed a roleplay before, just not on this website, or on any forum before.

I'm noticing a trend here and it's been a thought in my mind for a few months now. Most of you have completed RPS off of this site. Do you think it may be the attitude of this site's majority? I tend to see a lot of laziness in a good number of people in this site. As well as people who think dying RPs are the norm and let it happen. I may be overthinking it but it could be a community issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back