• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harvest moon: Through Famine and Sunshine

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
latest
The Mayors Assistant, Kai Lace
Mentions: Parallax Parallax Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Kai sat quiet for most of the time as Maeve went into the Mayors office to speak with him. She merely stared at the amount of paperwork she had to do within one day and it dreaded on her how tired she actually was. Although her job was something she enjoyed she sometimes felt like a child minder to Johnathan, but that never overcame the joy she felt in heling him, no matter whether she showed it or not. Suddenly her thoughts where brought to a holt as the Mayor burst out from his office placing down a new and rather colourful paper on her desk. Typically she squinted her eyes to read his writing but smile a little in the corner of her mouth at his efforts of making something professional. Looking to him her smile to faded into a serious and neutral tone as she nodded with his words. "Of course. I'll get to work on it right away." Her head soon looked to the stickers that were all over the rainbow scribbled paper, she laughed in her mind at his creativity and imagination, raising a small hand to speak just as he left. Shaking her head she took a pen into her hand and a brand new piece of paper.
A few minutes past and Kai had made little progress in marking down all the jobs for people. Being in charge of the hall meant she couldn't really leave, yet she needed to, only to be able to ask others if they would do it and yet she still sat there staring at the paper with little thoughts in her head. The breaking silence quickly came as a surprise to Kai as she jolted slightly in her chair before looking to the side. Mama sunshine! The one person Kai could open up to about anything she felt. With a small, very small, smile coming to her lips she nodded at her statement. "He is a lovely boy. I am well as I can be, how are you, I haven't seen you in a long time Mother Sunshine." .

Last edited:
Marc Forester
Ah shoot.

Hooo boy.

This just went from bad, to worse, to a level of bad thats off the scale. His attempts to psyche himself before facing the polite questions in the fact of him liking the book and being forced to either lie... Or admit his faulty ability to stay awake. Was cut short, as he had now become face to face with the handsome librarian who was pleasant right out of the gate. Calling the man pleasant was not enough in truth, he was more than pleasant, down right charming right down to the last detail...

And that is what made it all the worse.

How could he say no to that face, that courteous and damn near princely demeanor tied together in a friendlyness that just darn well couldn't be beat now left him in a state of being unable to socially turn down her request to join him for tea. Not that he would, the berry tea was delicious, doesn't matter what kind of manlyness was involved you could not, did not, and would not turn down that tea.

The man nodded softly. "Err, yea! Sure!" he tried to answer all the questions in one forced and embarrassed answer. Come on Marc act natural, don't be taken in by his handsomeness! And stop thinking about that while your at it. He began to walk forward, twisting slightly as to not bump the bag he held in his other hand on the door frame, god knows they'll have to withstand the test of time, needing every bit of sturdiness to survive Heather. Ah yes, he should ask about how things are going with the library, lots of wood to work in here...

"Has spring been good to yea? Nothing falling apart?" he asked as he made his way into the place proper. Noting, even as he asked, that nothing is really out of the ordinary, but keeping a good dry place for books was pretty much required considering the fact they are...Well.. Books. "Just starting to make my early spring rounds, you know how the thaw gets, water can seep in through just about anywhere." he tried not to look at the guy for to long... What was with this town and all the hotties?

Even the kids were adorable, he often wonders if he just happened to come to heaven on earth after he got out....

Wasted Ink Wasted Ink

Isaac Ranfield
Interacting with: N/A​

All things considered, today looked like it was going to be a surprisingly warm, pleasant spring day. Sadly for Isaac, he had to waste part of this pleasant day clearing away weeds which had sprouted all around his garlic plants the previous night. Despite this, Isaac was still in a good mood. After all, he'd still have plenty of time do whatever he wanted when the work was done.

Once he was finished with the toilsome task, he slowly got himself of the ground where he had been kneeling and used the back of his hand to wipe away the sweat on his forehead. As he took a few seconds to admire his crops, his lips curved into a smile. From the look of things, the crops were coming along nicely, and despite the fact that they wouldn't be ready to harvest in quite some time Isaac was already sure that they'd turn out to be the best damn garlic anybody in this village had ever seen.

As soon as he finished admiring his own crops, Isaac looked around a bit to see if there were anything else that he needed to take off. Deciding that everything appeared to be fine, he began to walk towards the village. He'd been meaning to visit the general store lately, and now seemed as good a time as any to do so.

Mama Sunshine
The mother of Sunshine village

Mama sunshine kept her warm smile as she accepted Kai's response and acknowledgement. "That's what i used to tell him." She replied with a soft chuckle. "I see. Me? I just came to check on the most beautiful assistant in the world and it seems like she is just as beautiful as ever." Mama sunshine used more humble tone that fits her compliment. She spoke further to keep Kai's ears to listen to her. "I'm not as quiet young as i used to. Our mayor told me that i should settle down in my own home instead of walking around, doing work. But Mama sunshine just can't resist the feeling of adventure..." Mother sunshine used these words since she is talking to Kai. As an assistant of the mayor. It can be quite boring doing so. She just thought that she could relate. "Haven't you eaten breakfast yet, my dear? i brought you something that my son enjoys to eat while he was still 5." Mama sunshine placed her hand gently on Kia's shoulder with a concerned tone.

She slowly walked towards her son's desk drawer and opened it. Inside was a slightly large box, wrapped like a present. The wrapping was plain white with a large red ribbon tied around it. She took the box and slowly went back to Kia's desk and placed it there. If Kia used her senses. The box gives off a sweet perfect aroma of without a doubt, muffins. The box was still warm, indicating that it is freshly baked. "It's my special recipe. Freshly baked banana muffins!" She opened the box and the aroma became stronger. 4 large mouth watering muffins were inside. "It goes great with coffee~" She simply smiled. The way she hid this box was rather strange but it kept the dessert fresh.

Ridge Ridge

Florence Lawrence, narcissist extraordinaire
Currently Interacting With: The Hero The Hero (Adam the Scarysmith), amdreams amdreams (Eis the kiddaroo), and AnimeGenork AnimeGenork (Heather the flower killer)

Upon seeing the man in strange attire walking towards him, Florence immediately stiffened up into a pose and turned his smile into a smirk. He had been approached by someone? What has this been, the second time this week? He simply let out a sigh, as if this happened by the minute and he was just that popular. I mean, of course he was. Had he lived anywhere else, he'd be the mayor—no, the king, already.

"Oh ho ho, are you trying to pick a fight? Fear not; I won't curse even an ounce of my strength on you. Now should you calm down, pajama boy, you can accompany me to my flower shop and dine upon my beauty among my flowers with your eyes. It doesn't seem like you have much on your agenda today anyways." he said, eyeing the man up and down. It looked like he was a bit older than Florence, but still moderately dashing. Yet, considering he was dressed in morning attire, he seemed rather lethargic. Rather, he should be rather lethargic. It took Florence himself thirty minutes to get out of bed! He laughed quietly in pity for the man, who'd soon see the making of a legend. Well, the beginning of the making of a legend.

After one last nervous intensely magnificent glance, he suddenly turned on his heel and began heading to his shop, not looking back to see if the man was following. Though he was a bit intimidated not intimidated in the slightest, he was more sympathetic for the blacksmith who seemed to also be new to town. Should the smith follow Florence, he'd likely prosper and gain a following smaller than Florence's own but still fairly large. All due to the flowers at his glorious store, which he came to just then.

It was thereupon that he found two vaguely pesky individuals standing in front of his store. Ha, he was really popular, eh? Well, might as well give them a show.

"Back up, if you would; art takes a bit of time to prepare." he asked, nodding at the lady and child alike. As he thought about asking why they were here, he had an epiphany. It was at that moment that Florence realized he didn't know anyone's names yet. Though he did remember the girl who always killed her flower, who was by far the closest to him, he didn't even know her name. Or, if he did, he didn't take the time to remember it. He supposed his memory was taken up by memories of himself, which wasn't necessarily bad, but...

It wouldn't be very noble to ask them for their names. That'd be humbling himself, and the stinky mayor did that. Florence would rather die than stoop to the mayor's level.
Thus, he continued to live in blissful ignorance and antisocial glee.
It was glee caused by his very existence, but glee regardless.

Last edited:

SNow Icon.png
Mood: conflicted
Other:
Tagged: Archdemon Archdemon

~Snow~

"Oh? And if I were a burglar or something?" Snow joked, before heading toward the toiletries. Open the boxes. Put them on the shelves. It wasn't all that hard. Just time consuming. But she had time. She didn't even know what she wanted to do with the fields yet, or if she was going to do anything at all. This was some time to think, even if it was so boring.

But when Devin spoke up, she wished for that boredom again.

She chuckled, though it sounded a bit off to anyone who knew how she was.

"Ah~ I doubt any candy you give him could compare to mine. Secret family recipe and all," she said, trying to veer the topic away just enough for him to realize she wasn't actually answering his question. "Though I know he'd love to have Simon."

Snow pretended to be absorbed in the soap in her hands, grateful her back was to the shopkeeper this entire time. Her smile was not up to its usual standards, and though they weren't close she didn't want Devin to notice. She knew what he was trying to do, and it bothered her. The first year after her parents' death, people were all too willing to shower the siblings with gifts, condolences and help. It was okay at first, but eventually, it felt like they were saying she couldn't handle it. Well, she didn't need it. And though Devin may be doing it out of the goodness of his heart, like everyone else did, she didn't need his charity.

But this was for Eis. And truth was, she didn't feel like she did give him enough. The last gift she gave him was probably that book during the winter.

She was quiet for a bit, silently stocking the shelves before randomly speaking up.

"He likes soft toys. Stuffed animals. But he probably won't accept any. Wants to look all grown up and all. Your best bet are books."

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Devin Parson
Action: Stocking and Talking

Devin kinda stopped for a moment, thinking when she said stuff about candy. He had forgotten she had a sweets shop, he wondered if she made chocolate.... He was suddenly pulled away from his train of thought when she mentioned Simon. Devin chuckled at the idea, he knew Simon would love to play with Eis but the thought of Eis dragging him everywhere was amusing.

"Yeah well I'm sure you have enough animals to worry about than to add my troublesome Kitten to the mix."

Devin had long finished his shelf and stood there is silence thinking. Maybe asking her was the wrong decision, everytime he tried to give her something she would refuse. Maybe he's giving her the wrong gifts? Stuff she doesn't like? But he can't ask her because she won't give an honest answer, so he has no idea what to actually give her. Suddenly the silence was broken again and Devin was pulled back into reality.

"Toys huh? Might be harder to give him..." He mumbled

"What books does he like? Fantasy, history, Non-Fiction..."

Devin walked over to Snow to see how she was doing, but was evidently avoiding her eye. He was embarrassed talking about this and didn't want to show that he was so he merely looked at the work she did. He never had a bad relationship with Snow, she teases him a lot and refuses most of his gifts but she's a nice person.

"Listen... Thanks for doing this for me.... It means a lot... After this section we only have one more to go, then I'll be able to set prices and then open the store."

+5 For Snow helping out in the Store
+5 For Snow telling Devin what to give Eis
Snow's Total: 5

amdreams amdreams

Last edited:

Maeve Blackwood

21 Years Old

At: Sonder Farm

Tagged: Jonathan

Maeve bit her inner cheek, doing her signature diminutive side smirk, almost like she mastered the essence of the Mona Lisa. She had only seen the painting once, when she traveled. But something about this world made her feel like she belonged. Like she found purpose; a shrouded land of escape and security. And Jonathan was the heart of her savior. She couldn't help admiring him. His child-like behavior was simply endearing, and she nodded with affirmation when he asked about her bringing a horse. He had trouble pronouncing her name, causing her to chuckle. "We'll work on that. Sit behind me and hold on tight!" Maeve laughed, hopping on her stallion. "To the Parson's shop!" She declared, adjusting her seating. She held the reigns of Aphotic Empyrean and awaited the mayor's company.

latest
Mentions: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Kais smile grew again when Mother Sunshine gave her the compliment about her beauty. Kai was never the sort of person to think she had a bad appearance, but anything that came from Mother Sunshine felt as if gods had blessed them. Her cheeks filled red slightly before she began speaking again. Kai never had the thought of her leaving due to her age, in fact, it was the one thing Kai was sure would never happen. "I could never imagine you relaxing Mother Sunshine, I'm very sure you'll be climbing and running through flowers forever." Thinking for a moment, Kai had never really had an adventure of her own, perhaps she would one day but for now, her work and time needed to be here and that's where she was going to stay for now.

When the smell began to fill the room, Kai took a breath in as she smelt the deliciousness of the bananas. One of her favorite fruits she always made she had a few so they tasted better when she did have them. Opening up the box her smile couldn't be contained and it grew to the size of a slice of watermelon. "Thank you, Mother Sunshine! These will be perfect to get me through the day!" Kai was so tempted to have one, but there was so much she had to do, so instead, she picked a crumb off the top of one of the muffin and savored the taste on her tongue. It was a burst of flavor that she always loved, Sunshine always knew how to cook the best foods. When her eyes rested down onto her paper she had a thought. "Mother Sunshine, will you be attending the Mayors flower festival?"

Johnathan S. Maclaren
The mayor

Giggling like a small child. Johnathan has never been so excited to ride a horse. Bringing out a small pig squeal. He hopped on the horse's back with haste. "Onwards!" He yelled with excitement. While waiting for the initial go, Johnathan asked her "So, what were we talking about earlier?" He sat behind Maeve. Not holding on to anything. As expected for a guy who has never rode a horse.

Mama Sunshine
The mother of Sunshine village

A soft chuckle came out of Mama sunshine's mouth, upon Kai's reply. "I'm not as young as i used to be, my child. This old lady had enough adventures for her lifetime." She ended her quote with a soft smile towards Kia. She stood by with her cane in hand. Despite Kia is sitting and she is not doesn't even bother her. She has a knack for standing around rather than sitting. "Hmm? Of course i will, dear. I'm the one made the calendar and just made Johnathan set the events. In fact, i already have my perfect vote on who will become this year's representative of the spring goddess~" Mama sunshine chuckled after ending her statement. She stared into Kia figuring out something just now. "Looks like my son didn't think this one through." Mama sunshine cleared her throat before speaking further. "Why don't you go on ahead, sweetie. Ask the others on who will be assigned to do the honors. I'll stay here and watch over the place. Don't worry, i'll take good care of the place." Mama sunshine suggested that Kia can't get this work done, if she just sits around. Mama sunshine seems confident of her statement especially the last part. She can keep the place cleaner than her son can.

Ridge Ridge Parallax Parallax

Maeve Blackwood

21 Years Old

At: The Mayor's

Tagged: Jonathan, Kia

As he hastily climbed up the reigns of the horse, Maeve grinned. "I can't continue onward until you wrap your arms around me. I know it's embarrassing, but I don't want the good mayor of this town to fall." She chuckled, raising a brow even though he couldn't see it. Her back was turned to him. She steadily backed Aphotic Empyrean up, which was plenty bumpy in itself. She was sure it was enough to prove that he had to hold her tight. She wondered if he still had the train with him, and if he really liked it, or was simply being polite. She didn't ready get a reaction from Kia when she gave her the intricately designed painted ceramic egg. Perhaps it just wasn't her type of thing.

Angelica Brower and Elizabeth Brower
Interaction: N/A
Tags: N/A​

It took her a bit, but soon Angelica had something for Socks and Mittens to eat. As she returned to the front desk, she caught sight of her mischievous niece. "Good morning, Elizabeth. Did you sleep well?" She watched as the child jumped a little before turning with a grin and nodding. "Yup! And good morning to you too, Auntie Angelica." With a smile, Angelica served Mittens and Socks their meal. The kittens meowed their appreciation before hopping out of their basket and digging in. "What's on the schedule today, Auntie?" Elizabeth tilted her head. Angelica thought about it for a few moments before responding. "Well. The cleaning's done, but we're running low on ingredients in the kitchen. And I think the vases could use some fresh flowers." "Can I pick out the new flowers?" "Sure, sweetheart." Angelica ruffled Elizabeth's hair. "Do you think you can handle getting everything by yourself?" "Mhm! I'll be fine." "Alright. I'll write a list of what we need." Angelica moved to get a piece of paper and something to write with. After a few minutes, she had a list of everything they needed. She handed the list and a bag of G off to Elizabeth. "Now that should be enough. If there's anything left over, I suppose getting yourself some candy wouldn't hurt. Now, off you go!" Angelica winked as Elizabeth eagerly nodded. It didn't take long for the child to dash out the front door. Chuckling to herself, Angie started to pet Mittens. "I'm sure she'll be fine. She might get a little distracted along the way..."

latest
Mentions: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Kais face lit up again when she heard that Mother Sunshine would be attending the festival. It would never have been the same if she wasn't. Yet when Sunshine made her second statement, Kais brow perked up slightly and her head hung to the side. Who could she have been talking about? There were so many people in the village that it could have been anyone, they also must have been high in her regard, this was a person being chosen as the goddess!
Kai lit up as Mother Sunshine said she would watch the hall, Kai let out a breath of release, she'd be able to get some names down for who would be doing what in a few days time. Standing herself up, she brushed herself down from the few crumbs that had fallen when she tasted the muffins she'd been given. Packing one of them in a small cloth from her pocket she placed it into her bag before tucking in her chair. Taking the hand gently of Mother Sunshine she smiled. "Thankyou, hopefully I'll get the names down soon." Giving a light and gently squeeze to her hands she let go before leaving the hall.
As she stepped outside, she looked at the list in her hand, she thought she would start with whoever she bumped into first. Taking a pleasurably stroll was a good thing for Kai. It would allow her to relax and take a breath outside of the town hall. The only problem was it was her safe place, she didn't have to interact with others no matter how much she wanted to. She was always scared of saying something out of place or wrong that her cold and steely exterior had become a reflex. Even so, hopefully the walk at this moment would help her on this day.

MC/Announcer:​

Food Catering:
Flower Vendors:
Decoration director:
Representative of this year's flower goddess: (Yet to be voted)
Others:​

SNow Icon.png
Mood:
Other:

~Snow~
"Anything with animals, really," Snow said, placing the last of the toiletries on the shelves. "Fiction or not. But nothing scary. Or about where food comes from. He'll have nightmares for weeks."

She stood up, stretching her arms above her head as Devin thanked her. A quiet groan escaping her mouth as she arched her back. Back and muscle pain was something becoming more common after taking over the farm. Nothing serious, but these little aches and pains were an annoyance.

"Hm?"

Seeing how he was avoiding her eyes, she really wanted to play with him a bit, but she made a promise. No fun in the store.

"It's no problem. I didn't have much to do this morning anyway. Besides, you running this entire place by yourself? I wouldn't be able to survive without all the help during harvests, so I have no idea how you've managed before."

After stretching, she bounced a bit, trying to regain feeling in her legs.

"Okay! What's next then?"

56f51ee5fa3acee5ecffd722437420dc.jpg
Heather Taylore
Interactions: Eis, Florence, Adam
Tags: amdreams amdreams TurtleGod TurtleGod The Hero The Hero

It was absolutely imperative that Heather replace her flower window right this instant. Without a flower in her window, she felt lonely, uninspired. She couldn't sew without that little ray of color to remind her of her greatest inspiration, her mother. Nonetheless, Heather felt the teeniest bit guilty that she was dragging Eis along like this. Hopefully, Snow wouldn't mind too much... but Heather was reliable, right? Maybe not with flowers, but with everything else...! (Oh, dear.)

As they went, Heather heard Eis gasping to keep up, so she slowed her strides the slightest bit. She'd almost forgotten how much shorter he was. It had been so long since she'd had to worry about something like that. Why was she suddenly being so inconsiderate today? SHE WAS A TERRIBLE PERSON! Her lip was close to bleeding with how much she was nervously biting it. If Florence or anyone else made a comment about it, she'd be mortified.

They finally reached the florist shop just as Florence was arriving with another townsperson. Adam, if Heather wasn't mistaken. He looked rather scary, but Heather figured if she didn't bother him, he wouldn't scare her. It was a win-win situation. Of course, it grew awkward if she dropped her sewing needle and he stepped on it... But so far, that hadn't actually happened. Still, Heather was not looking forward to that particular hypothetical situation. Politely, she stepped back as Florence asked while he opened up his shop. Ever since he'd moved here, Heather had probably been his most consistent customer. Despite that, however, it seemed he didn't know her name. Not that she minded. Really, she'd be embarrassed if he'd come up with some nickname teasing her about her inability to keep a flower alive.

With a sigh, she told him, "I'm sorry, Florence, but my flower died again. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong..." A sad expression flickered across her face, shortly replaced by a smile as she looked down at Eis. "Eis, would you like your new pajamas to be patterned with little dancing Snarks? Maybe he won't tear a hole in them if he sees that."

image.jpeg
Devin Parson
Action: Stocking and Talking

Devin nodded, he will most likely find a book about farm animals and the proper way to take care of them. Or he might get one of those Zoo books that teaches kids about the different types of animals there are. He was lost in thought when Snow started talking again.

"Well running a store is much less physically exhausting than working an entire farm so it's not that hard in physical labor. Most of my time goes into inventory management, figuring out prices, making sales, and running my store. Besides when I have bigger and better items I do have people help me, usually it's Adam since he's much stronger than I am. Anyways we've only got one more section left, we need to stock the ingredients for those who like cooking."

Devin went into the back of the store and carried a bunch of boxes to an empty area of the store. This area had both shelves and refrigeration units installed into the walls, for meats and other food items. He would stock the refrigeration units while he assumed Snow stocked the shelves.

"Hey Snow, I was curious about your sweets shop. Do you make everything by yourself?"

amdreams amdreams

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image.jpeg
Mathilda Wolf
Action: Bumping into Kai

Mathilda was walking towards the clinic, wearing her most famous sweater and was holding a cup of German Coffee. Sunshine village is such a big change compared to Germany, mainly in the fact that everyone spoke English and weren't German. Still she enjoyed the town even with its severe weather patterns, they're just lucky they have a great doctor at their disposal. She soon spotted Kai Lace standing around reading a sheet of paper, and decided to drop by for a quick chat.

"Guten Morgen, Herr Lace! Vat are you doing out here? Oh haffe you zeen Herr Zunschine? Sche needs to drop py for our veekly check up. Peing as old as sche is zere are zings sche needs to zoothe aches und bains."

Ridge Ridge

Maeve Blackwood

21 Years Old

At: The Mayor's

Tagged: Jonathan, Kia

As he hastily climbed up the reigns of the horse, Maeve grinned. "I can't continue onward until you wrap your arms around me. I know it's embarrassing, but I don't want the good mayor of this town to fall." She chuckled, raising a brow even though he couldn't see it. Her back was turned to him. She steadily backed Aphotic Empyrean up, which was plenty bumpy in itself. She was sure it was enough to prove that he had to hold her tight. She wondered if he still had the train with him, and if he really liked it, or was simply being polite. She didn't ready get a reaction from Kia when she gave her the intricately designed painted ceramic egg. Perhaps it just wasn't her type of thing.
Johnathan slightly tilted his head. Not having the slightest clue of what she meant. Like any normal child would do. He simply obeyed without question. He gently wrapped his arms around Maeve, rather tightly. Hoping he won't fall. He kept his positive face on and excited breathing as he sat on the horse. He was very excited to see the horse move at great speeds. "Onward!" He cried.

Kliff & Klay
"Dum dee dum dee doo"

"Doo dee dum dee dum"

Kliff and Klay were both in the backyard of their home, singing while tending to their seperate tasks. Klay was sitting down on the ground, reading a book about music theory. It was one Kliff had picked out the last time he went to the library to pick her up. He was actually going to put it back after realizing he already knew everything inside of it, but Klay had immediately expressed interest in the book before he could do so.

Meanwhile, Kliff was tending to the animals on the farm, including milking the cows, collecting the chicken eggs, and shearing the few sheep that had grown their wool back, which is what he was currently doing. Placing the wool he had just collected into a bag, Kliff picked the shears back up and made his way to a second sheep. Before he could begin to shear the sheep, Kliff suddenly heard a thud.

Stopping his improvisational singing, Kliff looked back to see Klay closing the book, with a big smile on her face, "I'm finished!"

Kliff grinned, "OK! What note gets the beat in the time signature 5/8?"

Klay grinned back, "The Eighth Note!"

"What are the two types of scales?"

"Major and Minor!"

"Give all the names for the interval between a fourth and a fifth."

"An augmented 4th and a diminished 5th!"

Kliff clicked his tongue, "You're missing one, little one!"

Klay looked confused as Kliff finished shearing the second sheep. As he stood, she pouted, "I don't know anything about a third name!"

Kliff grinned as he grabbed her hand and began walking towards the chicken coop, "Don't worry. It wasn't in that book. The answer is in the next volume of the series."

Klay's eyes immediately lit up, "Can we go see if Mr. Eden has it!?!?!"

Kliff chuckled as he stepped inside the coop and began collecting eggs, "In a second. Let me finish getting all of these eggs first. I'll probably make something featuring them once we open the restaurant."

Klay ran into the coop after Kliff, "I'll help!"

Smiling due to her eagerness, Kliff assessed the coop. With more than 25 chickens living in the coop, it was hard to keep it maintained sometimes. Fortunately the only problem this time was a small hole in the wall. Although it wasn't big enough for any chickens to escape, Kliff decided that it was best to fix it up sooner rather than later. It was then that he realized he was out of lumber. Kliff sighed as he turned towards Klay, "Remind me to buy some wood, okay?"

Klay turned towards Kliff, pausing from her current tasks of quickly but safely placing eggs in the egg basket, "Okay!"

After a few minutes, Klay and Kliff came out of the chicken coop holding a basket full of eggs. Kliff looked down at Klay, who was running to pick up the book she had finished. He chuckled as he sat the basket down and went to grab something of his own: an acoustic guitar. He planned on delivering the eggs to his restaurant and then checking in with his favorite innkeeper, maybe getting in a song or two before opening the restaurant. Placing the guitar case on his back, Kliff picked the basket of eggs back up, "Ready?"

Klay grinned, "Yep! I have the music theory book!"

Kliff and Klay then began skipping, as they made their way to their restaurant, which wasn't very far from their home. Somehow, Kliff was able to do so without dropping a single egg. Once they arrived, Kliff ran inside and placed the eggs in the fridge, before running back out, pulling his guitar into his hands. As they began walking towards the library, Kliff began playing and singing a song. As he song he watched Klay happily skip along side him, still holding the book.

A few minutes later, they reached the library. Running up to the door, Klay someone became even more ecstatic, "HURRY UP, KLIFF!!"

Kliff laughed, "I'm right behind you! Calm down a little!"

Opening the door, the two siblings stepped into the building. As they looked around they noticed both Marc and Eden inside the building. Kliff was going to say a hearty good morning, but before he could, Klay immediately ran up to Eden and began talking, "Mr. Eden! I finished this book!"

Kliff laughed as he placed his guitar back in the case on his back. As he did so, he glanced as Marc and immediately felt like there was something he was forgetting.

Shrugging off whatever it was he needed to do, Kliff half waved, half saluted and gave Marc a bright smile, as he does every villager, even the Nurse, despite how much she frightened him, as he greeted the man, "Good Morning, Marc! I hope your day has been going a well as mine!"

Wasted Ink Wasted Ink
Orikanyo Orikanyo
The Hero The Hero (Mentioned)
(Finally got a post out >.<. School is definitely trying to kill me!)

latest

Mentions: Archdemon Archdemon

Kai had been walking for a little while without noticing where she was even going. Her mind was scrolling through everyone's papers considering who could do what at the festival, there were so many choices but she knew a few already, she merely had to get to them in time to be able to do it. Unexpectedly, however, she had soon had Mathilda at her front. There was something about her that Kai was always unsure of. Never really certain of what it was, Kai stood listening and trying to make out what she wanted through the thick accent. Kais brow perked slightly as she was still computing what Mathilda was talking about before she finally made sense of it all. "Mother Sunshine will show to you when she pleases. I wouldn't count on looking for her if I was you."

Kai gave a nod before she went to step back but then her mind raced to the task the mayor had given her. Leaning back slightly she pulled out a piece of paper and a pen from her jacket pocket. "I need your vote for who will be represented as the Flower Goddess at this years flower festival. You can not vote for yourself how." Standing as still as stone, Kai waited for a response and the written name on the paper. Even so, Kai hadn't even thought about who she was going to vote for, it was something she wanted to get out of the way, hopefully, an idea would come into her head as she went round everyone for there votes and tasks.

MC/Announcer:

Food Catering:
Flower Vendors:
Decoration director:
Representative of this year's flower goddess: (Yet to be voted)

Others:

Eis Icon.png
Mood: flustered
Action: running away
Tagged: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

~Eis~

Eis looked at Florence with wide eyes. As he always did. The man was so fancy and confident. Eis wanted to be fancy and stuff like him. Adam on the other hand, wasn’t so fancy. And in fact, sort of scared Eis. The boy knew he was a nice person. Sometimes he helped Snow with the farm when he had nothing better to do. But something about his face, his words and the way he walked made Eis step behind Heather subconsciously.

He waited patiently as Florence began opening his store, with Heather talking about her flower. Eis had no idea what she was doing wrong, but maybe she needed a book. Or maybe she was cursed.

Eis’ attention was focused on the flowers in the window, looking at the rainbow of colors in awe, when Heather asked him about his pjs. Asking if he wanted a lamb pattern. His face turned bright red.

“N-no!” he stammered, perhaps raising his voice a bit more than he had intended to. His eyes began to water. “That’s for kids! I-I want—” Eis bit his lower lip, not wanting to say more since he felt like he wanted to cry. He didn’t want something as childish as Snarks all over his pjs. He wanted something grown up. Why was she making fun of him like that? He had never thought she was mean before. But to say something like that. And in front of others like that.

He stood there, clutching his money tight in his small fists. Face red and cheeks slightly puffed out. He seemed to want to say something, but opted to run away instead.

Last edited:

SNow Icon.png
Mood: content
Action: stocking shelves

~Snow~

“Eh-I suppose,” Snow said. “But it still seems like a lot of tasks for one person. Case in point.” She motioned toward herself and the shelves she had filled. He had needed her help today, right? So at the very least, it was a sign that maybe it was time to get a dedicated helper. Not that she’d think he’d do it. Everyone in town was oddly independent when it came to their occupations. One person to take care of an entire village’s needs, as specific as they may be.

She made her way over toward the cooking supplies. Boxes already piled up among the fridge and shelves. Devin had already situated himself by the fridges, so she took her place by the shelves. Opening boxes of cans and dry goods.

Snow didn’t look at him as he asked about her shop, more set on the task at hand. It had been a while, so Eis was probably done or nearing so. Also, the sooner she got these up, the sooner she could look through his seed selection.

“Well, yeah. I mean Eis sometimes helps with mixing or kneading dough. But most of it is me. He may think he’s all grown, wanting to buy his clothes himself and developing psychic powers, but it’s not like I’m going to let him near any stoves or ovens.”

“Why do you ask? Got a request or something for the Tooth Fairy's archnemesis?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back