• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harry Potter rp?

He sighs. “Ah, I see. I suppose I can only hope that the teachers for the next two years are more qualified for the position, then.” He says, not commenting on just how much this boy smells like serpent. An animagus, perhaps? That would be quite interesting.

He smiled "One can only hope, although Dumbledore does have a rather poor reputation when it comes to picking teachers."

He frowned a little, looking at you sideways, as if wondering if you could tell what he was - who he was. He normally managed to mask his power well, except for whenever he perceived I was under some kind of threat, as in that case caution seemed to go out the window. I raised my eyebrows at him slightly and he subtly shook his head.

He nods. “Mm, I hear he hired a werewolf at one point. Risky, that, but it seems to have been a good class for most of his students. Dumbledore seems to have more faith in people than many, for better and occasionally for worse.” He comments. Dumbledore let him in, after all. That took a massive amount of faith.

"Dumbledore may seem very trusting, but he's not really. He's just good at hiding his surveillance."

I frown a little "Dont say that you'll panic him."

He smiled cruelly and I could tell what he was thinking, so I sighed a little.

He sighs. “I suppose so. Please don’t worry about me. If I could not manage my emotions, I would not have survived this long.” His voice is soft, cool. “Besides, what do I have to panic about?” His smile is surprisingly genuine seeming. “I’ve only just gotten here. It would be nothing short of impressive if I was already in trouble with the headmaster himself.”

He narrowed his eyes, smirking. It hadn't taken long at all to catch you out.

"Why wouldn't you of survived this long?" He asked, his voice dangerously soft. He knew you couldn't explain it away with saying you lived in an area with lots of dangerous wildlife, as how would that be tuned to your emotional control? I stiffened slightly next to him, and he idly played with my hair, trying to get me to put my attention on that rather than the growing tensions between you two.

He shrugs, ignoring the tension entirely. “I lived around dangerous people. Dangerous beings. Romania is the first place creatures who cannot control their instinct go. Politics with them are difficult, politics with other wizards are worse. With the amount of wizards that hunt and kill supernaturals, all of us are under suspicion. I don’t want looking the wrong in the eyes to be the reason I die.”

Technically not lying. He’s gotten good at that. Half truths, misdirection, referring to himself as a wizard, rather than his species. And the amount of effort he puts into hiding is impressive. Colored contacts, caps on his fangs to make them look like regular teeth, a dusting of powder to make his skin look less dead. He is good at what he does.

He raised his eyebrows "It must be a surprise then, to come to Hogwarts and see how meek and tame most of the people are. How leashed they are forced to be."

He looked at you as if considering something.

"Please don't say you're now planning a holiday to Romania."

He turned to me before handing me a drink "Everyone needs to relax once in a while."

"Relax? What part of that sounded relaxing?"

"The part where he said it's where creatures go to unleash themselves" He said darkly, his eyes pouring into mine as I swallowed a little of my drink.

He nods. “Mm, it has been interesting. Many fewer death threats, and less scrutiny. I must say, I like it to an extent. But I must restrain myself as well, so I do look forward to going home.”

He leans back a bit. “That said, they’re not the most friendly to tourists. Especially those that have faced hunters in the past.” He says simply. That enmity is simply a fact of life for him.

He smiles "Im sure I'd cope." but even as he said so, he looked at you, ice cold. I felt him clench his jaw slightly at the mention of you having to restrain yourself.

"Well as long as you don't slip the leash before you go home, I'm sure we'll have no problems."

Me and Malfoy both blanched slightly at his coolly implied threat, him watching you with a predatory gaze.

He chuckles, leaning back in his chair. “Of course. It’s not like I intend to cause problems. But you’re spinnimg to a whole different kind of dance than I’m used to. It may take me some time to learn the steps.” Death threats aren’t exactly new to him.

He smiled cruelly, casually putting a hand around my waist. A message - and a warning, that perhaps I wasn't to be danced with as you'd put it. He waved his other hand idly.

"Of course, I don't except you to know how everything works immediately."

He dips his head, showing understanding. This girl will be safe from him, if he does decide to spice things up around here. “Thank you for your patience. I will do my best to adapt quickly.” He says. He is curious to see what Tom will be capable of, but that is for the lesson tonight.

He smiled "Its fine, I'd just hate for there to be any misunderstandings between us."

The dark lord said it so casually, as if he wasn't talking about torturing and murdering you if you did something against me. I whisper to him and he nods, his hand trailing along my back as he got up.

"I'll be back soon" He nodded to me, looking at both of you before leaving to go back to his dormitory.

Farator dips his head, watching him go. “Mm… he seems like he will be a very interesting teacher.” He comments simply. “I suppose I should get my bunk set up as well.” He says, getting up, and smiling casually at Malfoy. “Mind showing me where our rooms are?”

He nods, looking a little pale and shaken up.

"Yeah sure. Right this way." He nodded to me slightly and I left to go to my dormitory, walking until I fell on my bed. When you two were alone in the stair case, he whispered to you to be careful, that "Tom" took my protection very seriously. That there was nothing he wouldn't do if he believed I was threatened.

Farator nods. “I was getting that impression. I will be cautious.” He assures him, slightly amused that Draco is worried about him. He could kill the boy ten different ways from where they’re standing. But he doesn’t need to know that.

He swallowed, as if sensing the threat you posed. To be so casual about all this... you either were extremely arrogant, powerful, or you didn't know how dangerous he was.

"Im not to sure what you are" He said quietly "But you should fear him. He tore apart the boundaries between life and death itself to return to her side. I have no doubt he would tear the world asunder should anything happen to her."

He was trembling slightly as he walked up the stairs, and he opened a door.

Farator dips his head. “I see… I will not underestimate him.” He says calmly. He watches Malfoy, the way he trembles, the sound of his heart pounding… prey. But not his prey. Irritating, but he will not go hungry with the arrangements made for him. “Thank you.” He says, seeing that his things have been set by one of the bunks, and getting to work organizing it.

He nods "That'd be for the best." He went over to his own bunk and started stretching, as if forcing himself to regain control of himself. He briefly thought of something.

"Do you think Lileath is scared of him?"

He asked quietly, as if they weren't meant to be talking about this at all.

He tilts his head. “Hm. I think she was more worried about me than herself.” He says simply. “But I don’t know her well, of course. Some people are simply more difficult to read than others.” He didn’t bring much. A thermos enchanted to keep whatever’s inside it hot, his books, a broom, and a photograph that looks like him and a group of people similarly aged.

He smiled "I've known her five years and I still reckon he knows her best. But I suppose it helps when you can read people's minds."

He looked over "Whats that for?" He asked, referring to the thermos.

He hums, slightly nervous at the thought of Tom reading his mind. “Oh, it’s nothing.” He says, tapping the thermos. “Just for some reason, my body doesn’t keep me warm like it should. So until we can find a spell to fix it, hot drinks are important.” He says casually.

He nodded "Yeah it's not exactly a comforting idea is it?" He said, referring to Tom. "Hes already got into a few fights over what people have been thinking about Lileath. And I have little doubt they won't be the last."

He hums thoughtfully. “I see. And our house’s professor has not stopped these fights?” He asks curiously. The teachers thusfar seem so… passive with their students. These classes should be easy for the vampire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back