• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harry Potter rp?

"Supernatural?" Malfoy repeated, and I tilted my head slightly. I didn't think you were quite normal, but supernatural might of been pushing it had somebody asked.

He shrugs. “What do you call them here? Magical creatures? As long as they don’t kill or harm anyone, they’re allowed to live as they choose there. Like the reservations for native peoples in America, I suppose.” He explains.

We both nodded, and I knew you were diverting attention away from what you said, trying to make it appear casual and not a big deal so people wouldn't question it. I recognized the tactic because I used it when I'd accidentally said something I shouldn't of.

"And the international community has sanctioned them for this?" He asked, trying to get a full picture. I knew he wouldn't get one though.

He shakes his head. “It’s the subject of debate. Currently part of the reason it exists is for research. But I’d rather talk about more pleasant things. After all, it took me so long to be able to leave.” He chuckles.

I nodded as Malfoy frowned a little, opening his mouth to continue.

"What subjects are you thinking of taking?" I asked it casually enough, but I'd felt khaine tense on my arm as we both processed what you'd said.

“Mm, study of magical creatures, and the politics surrounding them, as well as magic of course. I plan to help my country’s administration in making sure such creatures are treated with respect. Many of them have similar minds to those of humans, and many others were human themselves at some point. It is unfair to make them follow rules they have no voice in making.”

"Unfortunately our Care of magical creatures class is being taught by some lumbering oaf, making it almost pointless taking. He flip flops from having extremely dangerous creatures one minute to having creatures an eight year old could take care of the next. Still, that's a very remarkable goal."

A better world. A world where creatures could be free rather than hidden, could actually start to live instead of survive. I still didn't think I'd be very welcome even in that world.

He chuckles. “Has anyone actually gotten injured yet?” He asks. He thinks he might like this man, actually. He seems… amusing, and perhaps someone who Farator might be able to get along with, if danger means so little to him.

“Thank you. Though, with our dark arts professor in mind, perhaps I should not speak of that goal much. I hear she is… far from accepting.”

"I did. I was savaged by a hippogryff."

"You weren't savaged Malfoy" I said rolling my eyes slightly. "Although I did have a unicorn try to stamp on me once. It took exception to me apparently."

"It wasn't the first thing to" He murmured and I grinned.

"She most certainly is that. But if I was an unremarkable, power hungry fat toad, I might be afraid of anything different too."

I said it so casually, as if I had no respect for her at all. Which I didnt, but that wasnt the point.

He snorts slightly. Having been taught about that creature, Malfoy probably went and provoked it. “I see. Well, I can only hope his creatures are more kind to me.” They’re not going to like him. He knows that. Most will see him as a threat as soon as they scent him.

“I see. I hope I will escape her notice for as long as possible, before she is inevitably taken from office one way or another.”

Malfoy turned to me "Why did you take care of magical creatures? Most of them freak out whenever you get within about two meters of them."

"I didn't know that when I took it" I pointed out and he sighed.

"You could've dropped it"

"And miss out on you being attacked by various animals you've provoked? I don't think do." I turn to you. "Oh don't worry, she'll be gone within a year. The jobs cursed."

Farator chuckles at their exchange. “Mm, they don’t seem to like me much either. Father said I should start wearing perfume.” He rolls his eyes. “And I can only hope so. I would like to actually learn something about the topic.” He says with a smirk. “She sounds utterly useless I’m that regard.”

I grin "Well I don't bother to show up to her classes, and we're running a small group for slytherins who actually want to learn something, if you wish to join."

I thought over what you'd said. Your parents were definitely not normal then, as only me and Malfoy referenced our parents as mother and father.

He grins. “Oh? Self guided defense against the dark arts lessons? Sure, what’s the worst that could happen?” His sarcasm is evident, but he really does seem interested in joining them. “What times, and where do we meet?” He asks. This school is going to be very interesting.

I grinned "Well they're not actually headed up by me, they're supervised by my older brother."

A lie, and me and Malfoy both knew it. He knew who headed up those lessons, but he was bound not to tell anyone. We all were.

"Tonight, meet me here at half nine. Then it'll begin."

He grins. Excellent. You can count on my being there.” He says, excited. Day one, and already getting into trouble. Good thing his father is still countries away, or he could expect a very firm discipline from him.

He nods, his eyes alight with interest. “Absolutely. The more new friends I can find here, the better.” As much as he hopes the professors will protect him, he needs a support network in case everything goes wrong.

I nod and Malfoy looks at me in surprise.

"I'll be right back" I say as I head towards the male dormitories, and as I'm out of sight khaine slithers out my arm, shifting into a seventeen year old Dark Lord, who was busy glaring at me. I smiled as he shakes his head and we walked down the stairs together, his short black hair reflecting the light slightly.

Farator feels a prickling sensation on his skin, and looks up, seeing her coming down with an older boy, who’s gaze immediately triggers alarms in his mind. He doesn’t know why, there’s just a sudden sense of danger.

He gets to his feet, and smiles, offering one cool, pale hand. “A pleasure to meet you. My name is Farator.” He says, those wide brown eyes studying the man in front of him.

He takes it, his skin as pale as yours.

"Its nice to meet you Farator. I'm Tom."

His eyes poured into yours as he looked at you, meeting your stare as he smiled a little, but it didn't meet his rather dark eyes. Malfoy looked away and fleetingly looked at me as I sat down, but he didn't dare stare at me too long with him in human form, even if he spent a lot of his time occupying me as a small black and red snake.

Farator understands. He is not the only monster here. Not the only vicious, cold blooded killer. This man, Tom, is as much a threat, or even more than the vampire. This should be… very, very interesting. Perhaps he will find a rival, perhaps an ally. He will have to see.

He is the first to look away from their locked gazes, a small dip of his head accompanying his backing down. “I am glad that someone here is more interested in teaching us than the one we were assigned. I hope to learn much from you, Tom.”

He nods his head, able to sense that you were perhaps more than you seemed, that perhaps he had a person of more interest - and potential - than most in front of him.

"I do hope so, I do enjoy watching people realise their true potential, and reach it."

He walked around you, almost like two predators circling each other as he lounged on the edge of my chair, and waved a hand to invite you to sit as well.

He does his best not to show fear, remembering his father’s lessons on dealing with higher ranking vampires. To submit because it is beneficial to you is one thing. To submit because you fear your superior is another entirely.

He sits where indicated, smiling ever so slightly, though some tension is there. He knows this isn’t his territory. “Well, That sounds interesting indeed. How long have you been coming to Hogwarts?” He asks curiously.

He tilted his head "Seven years, this is my last one" Because after this year I would probably be leaving, to train with him privately. He'd insisted on coming, despite the fact I said I'd be fine, to make sure I wasn't injured or taken hostage by the order. And to spend some time with me, so I wasn't exactly complaining. I'd been astonished how efficient he was at memory charms, to make everyone in Slytherin believe I had a brother, and that he turned up to all his classes like the rest of them. It was impressively done, and I couldn't believe no one had, well, questioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back