• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hamburr starter - Coffee Shop AU

Hi!
I'm looking for a Burr to do a Coffee Shop AU with me!
I can be lit, semi-lit, advanced, really anything; though I prefer going full detail and in-depth with what I write. More often than not, I bounce off of my partner's writing style. The one thing I'll refuse to do is one-liners, and I'd prefer if my partners don't do one-liners, either.
TW: Swearing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander wasn't really sure if he loved or hated college.

Perhaps it was somewhere in the middle. Well, it was a sort of unbalanced beam, with the former being the majority. He loved the learning aspect, how he finally got to choose what he was most interested in and learn that. He loved that he wasn't forced to focus on algebra that he would never use in the real world, social skills that he just didn't care about, or the origin of Roman structures that he would never remember. He got to choose what he was interested in, and he loved that.

He also loved the late nights of studying, writing, thinking. He loved the bitter taste of coffee left from two mornings ago that he never had time to wash out of his mouth. He loved the fact he was able to major in four classes, with half an hour only every day in time to eat - well, drink more coffee, that is. He loved just how exhausted he was, the fact that he was still on beat, and almost ahead of the rest of the class. The fact he got to learn everything and anything he could. And, with Police Science, Financial Analyst, Legal Studies and Journalism being his majors, that half an hour of extra time was mostly used to study more.

However, that leads to what he hated about it. Well, there wasn't much, really. Almost only the amounts of group projects, forcing him to sharpen his socializing skills from highschool and get use to the fact not everybody can do work as perfectly as he can. Well, let's be honest - nobody could do it as well as he could, in his own mind. Pride had to have been one of his biggest attributes, rather it be good or bad, besides his determination and stubbornness. He wasn't allergic to people, of course. Socializing wasn't as big a problem as having to _work_ with people was. He could talk, he could charm, he could joke, and he could argue. That wasn't the problem. The problem was letting go of his control, for even half a second, to hand a grade over to somebody that could potentially fuck it up.

The worst type of person was the kind who didn't really talk to him. Of course, Alexander wasn't much of a talker. -- Well, yes, he really was. However, when it came to group projects, he would rather speak about the topic for an hour and spend the rest actually working on it rather than chatting up a storm about completely unimportant topics that may potentially waste their time. However, even then, he allowed room to talk about the project, when this type of person wouldn't even allow that. Sure, they let Alexander assign roles. They let him give people things to do, tell them how to do it, and make sure they don't mess up. But that's _all_. They don't really have a say in anything. They don't _allow_ themselves to have a say in anything. It was almost infuriating, just how passive they seemed to be in every topic, every situation.

Alexander swore he would hate that kind of person, if he ever met the type. It was like unleashing a Ragdoll cat (a very relaxed, quiet breed with a low activity level) next to a Siberian Husky (known for being the most willing and hard-working sled dogs, as well as being quite loud and energetic). And he could guarantee one thing, he wasn't the cat.

The only times he would be seen keeping to himself would be in an area of study, perhaps a coffee shop.

Remember that thirty-minute break I mentioned Alexander being able to have between classes, which he usually uses to study?
Well, study and drink coffee. Clearly. How could he study if he didn't have the energy boost from drinking coffee? He couldn't. Which is why he needed his coffee.

Well, a coffee shop which was just released on campus was exactly where he would waste that time. Really, he wondered why he didn't just buy a coffee machine and put it in his dorm, annoying the hell out of a familiar John Laurens (whom he had bunked with) with the nonstop scratches of his pen, or the constant tapping of keys on his old, but not yet worn down laptop. Perhaps it was just easier for him to take a minute long treck to a cheap coffee shop than take five minutes up the stairs to a dorm that he spends little to no time in, anyway. Plus, him going to the shop made it easier to go back to his other classes in a shorter amount of time, which was definitely a plus. And there were plenty of cute people. Like frequenters who Alexander had already chatted with and grown to familiarize.

What? He could waste two minutes to speak. Cut him some slack.
Anyway.

The coffee was cheap, and it wasn't like it was difficult to make his order - black. Simple. Make it hot, and put it in a cup, and Alexander would be perfectly satisfied. It was three fifty per cup, and despite being poor from origin and student debt, he still managed to pay it, which was a good sign. The coffee was steaming and he was able to have as many cups as he wanted without tasting the drink and noticing it's been watered down "for his own protection". ~~Stupid Starbucks.~~ Also, nobody complained about his clamorous typing, which was quite the plus. He was able to just sit in the corner, in one of the beanbag chairs - it was an indie sort of place, but he didn't much mind it - with his silence and his writing, his coffee and his overheating computer, his yawning and his taking a bite out of a sandwhich next to him.

He never noticed there was a sandwich next to him. Which leads to another segway. hehehe-

It would always be five minutes in, he'd be drinking his coffee, and he'd notice there was a fucking sandwich to his left. He never knew where it came from. He never knew who put it there. He never knew if it was even meant for him. The only thing that made him realize was when he absentmindedly noticed him chewing on a rather pleasant tasting meal that he never remembered ordering. He would notice, and glance around, and there would be nobody fucking looking at him. No foot turned to him, no signs of body language that proved anybody to be particularly interested in what he was doing; nada. Except for one person.

The fucking barista.

Now, Alexander was perfectly fine with this man. In fact, he was more than fine with this man. If he hadn't known that he would probably get thrown out by flirting with the man, and perhaps banned, he would have done so already. Of course, there were other things, like the possibility of him being in a relationship or even straight, but Alexander was too precarious to really care about any of that. However, when he was practically force-feeding Alexander in Alexander's subconscious, he couldn't help but be even a little peeved. It's not like he was trying to starve himself, god no. Nothing of the sort. However, when he had to take time out of typing to take a bit out of a sandwich he didn't even know existed?

The shop was nearly empty, other than Alexander, A dark-skinned lady with a beautiful pink dress, a lighter one by her side with a baby blue instead of pink, and surprisingly, one of his professors in the corner. Oh, and that damned barista. Alexander didn't really care much for making or not making a scene, in all honesty, but it wasn't like he was about to expose the man. He didn't quite fancy an audience for a sandwich mishap. So, taking his coffee and his sandwich, and making his way up to the counter - noticing a nametag on the male's chest, he now wasn't 'the barista', but a certain 'Aaron burr', - he leaned over it, cupping the side of his mouth with one hand as if his usual volume wasn't enough - (as it usually is), before speaking -
"Pardon me! Are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back