• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Halloween 2015: Spooky Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
korigon said:
The word limit has made me rationally angry. There's not enough space for me to cram detail and character development into. :^(
Believe in the me that believes in you!!

Alternatively, just cut your story off at 1k words with no warning and no resolution whatsoever. Like Candlejack! No one ever

The word limit was what gave me the idea for my story, more or less, actually. I think it spurs on creativity to work under such restrictions. Forces you out of your comfort zone a little.

In my story, I just put a note before my title. Does that count as 1,000 words because my story is 1,000 words without the note? :o

Meisaki said:
In my story, I just put a note before my title. Does that count as 1,000 words because my story is 1,000 words without the note? :o
Nope! The title, any trigger warnings, or stuff like that, do not count toward the 1k word count for the story. Also, don't forget to also upload your story using the submission link!

Meisaki said:
Okay thank you! I post an hour ago :) @welian
Yes, you posted in the Campfire, but I do not have a copy of your story in my Google Drive folder. Only the stories that show up in the folder will be judged, the Campfire thread is for display.

@welian

If you get two, don't worry about it! I think you're only going to get one though because I accidentally put it under pages instead of .docx. Okay, I just uploaded it now. The correct copy (if you get multiples) is called: "I Told You So (Final Copy!)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the question is... can I somehow manipulate my creative writing seminar submission this week to also work as a submission for this? :D

SkyGinge said:
Now the question is... can I somehow manipulate my creative writing seminar submission this week to also work as a submission for this? :D
All you have to do is believe in yourself!

I wish I had found out about this sooner, but I'll definitely participate! *goes of to brainstorm in a dark corner in my mind*

Are there any restrictions to the potential subjects we can use for this? Like, does it have to involve the supernatural? Or can it be something more relatable and realistic, but twisted into a dark story?

Ella Marie Black] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11853-mordecai/ said:
@Mordecai[/URL] Can my story be a short story?
Sure, as long as it stays under the word limit.

Lioness075 said:
Are there any restrictions to the potential subjects we can use for this? Like, does it have to involve the supernatural? Or can it be something more relatable and realistic, but twisted into a dark story?
Nope, so long as everything stays within site rules. Any stories we deem to not follow site rules will be disqualified.

well...i guess i'm too late for this.. xD ...didn't find this notification until today...oh well there's always next time! xD

I'm so glad to see renewed interest after that announcement! I meant to have that sent out on Sunday, but one thing led to another and it slipped my mind.

Remember to read the entire first post - it has a lot of important information in it such as rules, word count, and so on.

I've just been crazy busy, but originally planned to write something for this. ^^; The reminder was definitely helpful in reminding me to write something up before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back