• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Halloween 2015: Spooky Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might actually do several short stories and pick one to submit, so having about two or three more weeks would certainly help.

Last edited by a moderator:
but.. but.... im a storyteller, my spooky stories are elaborate, put you in the scene. guess I'll have to really try for under 1 000

TheGodSnake said:
oh, and @welian we cant submit, says the form has used up the quota.
Welian is aware of the issue and is working on the javascript as we speak. It should be back up, hopefully, tomorrow. In the meantime, no need to panic. (: Stories aren't due until the 31st.

Can't believe I didn't see this earlier. Seems like it could be fun to attempt. I've had an idea for something relatively spooky that I could use, probably ramp up the spooks a tad. Quick question, not sure if it's silly or not, but does it matter what tense we use?

Edit: Nevermind, just read the campfire and saw a variety of tenses.

I still gotta read all the other posted stories. But I don't wanna get all spooped out and stuff. ( O.o )

The submission form has been replaced, and works slightly differently from the previous one. Although it is not required, users who have already submitted their entries are encouraged to resubmit using the new form.

Please be cautious when entering data into the new form, as you will not receive an error message if you have left a field empty.

Looks like a few of you have already successfully uploaded your stories with the new system, excellent! Do let me know if there are any issues or questions, that's why I'm here.

Sunbather said:
I uploaded mine again. Figured I may as well take the chance to get some better formatting going on, heh.
Upload it one more time, just to be sure. I don't see it in my folder just yet, and I'd rather have duplicate entries than no entry at all.

Oh this is exciting! I'll have to think of something spine tingling and deliciously macabre! I haven't written a scary story in a while!

I want to I really do but I don't know if I can write scary stories. I mean I write fanfics and original stories but I've never really written a scary story

[QUOTE="Ella Marie Black]I want to I really do but I don't know if I can write scary stories. I mean I write fanfics and original stories but I've never really written a scary story

[/QUOTE]
Well, you will never know until you try it!

[QUOTE="Ella Marie Black]True I suppose you are both quite right. I guess I'll give it a go! :)

[/QUOTE]
Awesome! The more, the merrier!

I've never read a story that's scared me, I doubt if I can write anything that's scary

But damned if I don't at least try

Dagfinn said:
I've never read a story that's scared me, I doubt if I can write anything that's scary
But damned if I don't at least try
That's the spirit!! If you need ideas, maybe you can look up some old episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back