• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Halloween 2015: Spooky Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way to have you guys remove a submission if requested? In mine, I realized I left out one sentance and it made my story sound stupid without it... and I wanna fix it ;-;

[QUOTE="Ghostly Phantom]
I kinda wanted to do this so I could see my score. :(

[/QUOTE]
If you want your writing scored along a grading rubric, that's what a creative writing class is for ;)

When is the due date, and also, I need a few more details. Do we just put our stories to campfire and submission and have them read? Is the campfire a competition too?

Superboi360 said:
When is the due date, and also, I need a few more details. Do we just put our stories to campfire and submission and have them read? Is the campfire a competition too?
The due date is October 31st. You have you upload your story to the submission link if you want it judged, the Campfire is for posting and sharing stories. It's the "public gallery" of this competition.

welian said:
The due date is October 31st. You have you upload your story to the submission link if you want it judged, the Campfire is for posting and sharing stories. It's the "public gallery" of this competition.
Thanks! Sorry about taking 10 seconds of your lifetime!

Oops! Especially sorry for not reading all of the rules...

@welian

Last edited by a moderator:
You're fine. : ) The most productive thing I've done this morning is put ramen in the microwave.

I'm going to write a horror story about a gorilla in jeans killing people with a giant magical green banana.

Darkiplier said:
I'm going to write a horror story about a gorilla in jeans killing people with a giant magical red banana.
Sounds fantastic!

I feel I'm going to struggle with this 1000 word limit.. though I still have nearly a month left, so I can find ways to shorten it while still having a ton load of time to edit.

[QUOTE="ghost of past]I am in. This is gonna be, FUN.
How do you join/do it?

[/QUOTE]
All the information explaining how to enter is outlined in the first post. Please read through it and if you have additional questions after that, please don't hesitate to ask. (:

So I can't make my own discussion thread ? I'm feeling like I'm spamming this one honestly...

Darkiplier said:
So I can't make my own discussion thread ? I'm feeling like I'm spamming this one honestly...
This thread is a discussion, but it's mostly to be used for answering questions directly related to the competition, so we want everything to stay on topic as much as possible. (: If you'd like to have a chat that's a bit more casual or fun, you are welcome to start a thread in the personal discussion as a sort of hangout, if you will.

Mordecai said:
This thread is a discussion, but it's mostly to be used for answering questions directly related to the competition, so we want everything to stay on topic as much as possible. (: If you'd like to have a chat that's a bit more casual or fun, you are welcome to start a thread in the personal discussion as a sort of hangout, if you will.
Thank you !

Just a quick tip to everyone: The deadline isn't until October 31st, and you don't get extra points for submitting it first! I highly recommend waiting a few days before submitting your story just to make sure everything fits together, you haven't left out sentences, etc.

( Take it from me, I spent my Saturday afternoon fooling around with an idea. Looking back at the rough draft, it is.....not so great. )

Excellent advice @korigon

As for everyone else, it seems the submission link is temporarily closed. I'm gonna need some time to find my credit card, but fret not! The link will be up again by the end of the day.

To all those fretting about the word limit, or worrying over the quality of the piece, don't be afraid! Competitions like this are great for writing development - cutting and editing down to the small word limit allows you to really refine your word economy. Plus working to deadlines and specific themes is always good for encouraging focussed writing - good luck everyone! Also, this:

korigon said:
Just a quick tip to everyone: The deadline isn't until October 31st, and you don't get extra points for submitting it first! I highly recommend waiting a few days before submitting your story just to make sure everything fits together, you haven't left out sentences, etc.
( Take it from me, I spent my Saturday afternoon fooling around with an idea. Looking back at the rough draft, it is.....not so great. )
With that said, I'd love to find time to work on this, though I can't promise anything~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back