• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Halloween 2015: Spooky Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raerae said:
Can someone help me please? My story is finished, but I'm on a tablet and am unable to submit this to the link provided. I wanna get this in before the deadliiiine ;3;
The deadline has passed.

Guys, play nice. Being rude to one another is clearly getting neither of you anywhere. Block each other if you feel so inclined or take your argument to PMs, but don't have it here.

Aand... I was lazy and literally forgot to turn my entry in. Geez, I hate myself.

Superboi360 said:
Aand... I was lazy and literally forgot to turn my entry in. Geez, I hate myself.
Halloween may be over, but the spookyness will live on our hearts for another eleven months.

Maybe you should get a head start on the New Year's stuff I've got planned.

welian said:
Halloween may be over, but the spookyness will live on our hearts for another eleven months.
Maybe you should get a head start on the New Year's stuff I've got planned.
Mmk, by the way, who won?

Superboi360 said:
Mmk, by the way, who won?
No one yet, because the submission period just closed last night/this morning. The judges need a week or two to read everything, there's thirty-five entries.

welian said:
No one yet, because the submission period just closed last night/this morning. The judges need a week or two to read everything, there's thirty-five entries.
Okay, if you need a coupon on something, just ask.

Yeah, I ended up writing a pretty good rough draft, but it stayed a rough draft and I never ended up submitting it. Suppose I'll just hold onto it for next year then lol.

Is there anyway you could update the list of submissions to show the name and title of all entrants? I wanna see who I'm up against :)

Also, will the winner be showcased in full even if it's a private submission? I feel like it's only fair everybody gets to enjoy the winner
:)

SkyGinge said:
Is there anyway you could update the list of submissions to show the name and title of all entrants? I wanna see who I'm up against :)
Also, will the winner be showcased in full even if it's a private submission? I feel like it's only fair everybody gets to enjoy the winner
:)
I'll update the Campfire thread to reflect the total number of entries and some additional posts, but I will not make the full list of contestants public. Private is as private does, you know? But, the winners will all be posted publicly.

Alright. I mean, this is your competition so it's your rules, but honestly I still think that level of privacy is a bit ridiculous. The whole point of private submission is so that people who want to enter but are anxious about submitting themselves to public scrutiny can participate, and that is totally fair enough. Nobody, unless they're actually strictly anti-Halloween and the revelation that they'd participated in such a hellish competition would be destructively guilt-riddling to them, would be adverse to proof that they actually entered the competition. In fact, it'd probably have the opposite affect - people can see their friends on the list and say 'Hey, I didn't realise you'd entered the competition, good luck!'. There's only point in privacy is there's a point in privacy, y'know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are definitely all good points. I'll reconsider my methods for future competitions. Feel free to PM me or making a suggestion thread if you have anymore ideas regarding this. : )

SkyGinge said:
Alright. I mean, this is your competition so it's your rules, but honestly I still think that level of privacy is a bit ridiculous. The whole point of private submission is so that people who want to enter but are anxious about submitting themselves to public scrutiny can participate, and that is totally fair enough. Nobody, unless they're actually strictly anti-Halloween and the revelation that they'd participated in such a hellish competition would be destructively guilt-riddling to them, would be adverse to proof that they actually entered the competition. In fact, it'd probably have the opposite affect - people can see their friends on the list and say 'Hey, I didn't realise you'd entered the competition, good luck!'. There's only point in privacy is there's a point in privacy, y'know?
I strongly, strongly disagree. People are free whether to make it public or private in this system. People who want to keep it private can chosse to so in this system while those who want to make it public can also choose to do so. Nobody's autonomy is being compromised here. If you want to make all the submission public then you overrule other people's choice to make it private.

Vynaz said:
I strongly, strongly disagree. People are free whether to make it public or private in this system. People who want to keep it private can chosse to so in this system while those who want to make it public can also choose to do so. Nobody's autonomy is being compromised here. If you want to make all the submission public then you overrule other people's choice to make it private.
I don't think he's implying to make the entries themselves public, but just have a list of all the users who have entered with the title of their piece.

It's still possible that entrants might not want their usernames public either though. Especially if they end up losing. They might not be too happy to have others know that they entered then.

Mordecai said:
I don't think he's implying to make the entries themselves public, but just have a list of all the users who have entered with the title of their piece.
Well for whatever reason a person may not want that information to be public. There is no barrier in this system to prevent people from making their information public.I don't see the need to make it public to everyone without asking them at least. It may seem silly but people have their reasons to do so. You could even add a checkbox saying "make this private" on the submission link to save time.

Well, if they win, they will be made public either way. They're still entering a competition knowing that it's a site-wide event. Either way, this isn't a conversation for now. (: The rules have been set for this competition and will remain that way. The staff will discuss it and decide if there will be any changes to future competitions. If there are, we will inform entrants at the start of those events.

Mordecai said:
Well, if they win, they will be made public either way. They're still entering a competition knowing that it's a site-wide event. Either way, this isn't a conversation for now. (: The rules have been set for this competition and will remain that way. The staff will discuss it and decide if there will be any changes to future competitions. If there are, we will inform entrants at the start of those events.
Well there is a small chance that the person will be the winner so the majorities' info will still be private.

And that is fine if you want me to shut up xD . Skyginge was expressing his views so was I.

Vynaz said:
Well there is a small chance that the person will be the winner so the majorities' info will still be private.
And that is fine if you want me to shut up xD . Skyginge was expressing his views so was I.
Not at all. ^__^ I just don't want this to turn into an argument when nothing is changing about this competition. We will always do our best to let everyone know if/when changes happen to competitions in the future.

@Vynaz : Yeah, Morde was right, I actually backed up keeping private entries private, but no worries aha, I understand where you're coming from. In my opinion, if you're entering a competition you have to be prepared for loss irregardless of whether it's public or private, but I totally understand your POV and it was only a minor niggle for me anyway :') I guess I just feel like if you've entered a competition you should be proud of the effort and time you put into it even if you still don't want people seeing the final product, if that makes sense? Anyhow the decision is sticking so there's no need for further debate. Good luck all participants, good luck all judges :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back