• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hakamy's Fortress - 3 player MTG set making roleplay (new opening, only 1)

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[class=1]
width:80%;
text-align:center;
background-image:url('https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/09/10/13/34/vintage-1659117__340.jpg');
background-size:100%;
color:black;
border-radius:25px;
overflow:hidden;
border:8px double black;
margin:0 auto;
font-size:150%;
[/class]
[class=2]
overflow:hidden;
width:80%;
margin:0 auto;
border:8px double white;
[/class]

[div class=1]After the events of War of the Spark, Nicol Bolas is sealed away in the plane of meditation, trapped by the very tools of his schemes. There is no doubt, however, that his actions will spark ripple effects throughout the multiverse. A massive victory took hold in Ravnica, but what new friendships, rivalries and tales will be spun from those called by the planar beacon?

The tale begins in Hakamy... [/div]

[div class=2]
ca1128761ddab4edf7e197f8c99a4506.jpg
When one looks away from the horizon in the plane of Hakamy, one can always see the massive ruined city known as Yasoi, the ancient fortress. No one knows what secrets or powers might be hidden in it's depths, nor how to get to them, despite the five groups who endlessly race to enter it. From the Pulchri cult to the Explorers of the Depths, each one with their own tools and goals compete to become the one's who'll first manage to break into and dominate the very fortress.[/div]

Hello there planeswalkers!

In this roleplay, we will be taking the role of planeswalkers who first meet during the events of War of the Spark, getting trapped in Ravnica as Bola's army of eternals invades the city. Our planeswalkers then travel to the custom plane of Hakamy, wherein they meet the factions that are racing for being the first to manage to enter the mysterious ancient city of Yasoi, and with that take it's power and secrets.

However, beyond just the roleplay, I also want to make a custom set using magic set editor, and basing said set on the roleplay. Watch the mechanics come to life through the story, and the story finding representation in the cards and their flavor text!

• Overview card.jpg

->I am looking for a 3 person roleplay (though depending on circumstances a fourth might be allowed). Currently the other member is ShadowHounder ShadowHounder .
    ->This will be an OC roleplay, no fandom characters. In fact, cannon characters cannot be involved at all unless this is specifically discussed between the three of us.
    ->A degree of ability to plan and compromise will be required for the sake of coordination and of the card making aspect of this RP.
    ->Current OOC is discord-based, but that can be changed to suit the needs of those who want to join.

Now then, planeswalker, will you come on this journey? Be you a master of the elements, a mind reader, a mighty dragon or a whatever other kind of being might awaken a spark, will you join this adventure through the multiverse?

The choice is yours. And if you have any questions, you know where to ask them.

giphy.gif

Alright, I'm interested in this. However, I'm concerned about this 15-20 line requirement, because although I write as detailed as possible, most of the time I like to make short paragraphs to incite interaction, especially for action scenes and whatnot. Other than that, I'm fine. Do let me know if you want to work with me(and no hard feelings if you don't, really)!

Alright, I'm interested in this. However, I'm concerned about this 15-20 line requirement, because although I write as detailed as possible, most of the time I like to make short paragraphs to incite interaction, especially for action scenes and whatnot. Other than that, I'm fine. Do let me know if you want to work with me(and no hard feelings if you don't, really)!

Well, we still have that spot open- however, I am not willing to rescind on the matter of the length requirements. The idea is to be heavily descriptive as said descriptions will be used. If you can't keep up with the requirements then I'm sorry to say the roleplay might not be for you.

Hello! I’m interested in this, but I haven’t had much knowledge of the recent MTG lore, but I do know what happens in the work of the spark. Would that be enough?

Hello! I’m interested in this, but I haven’t had much knowledge of the recent MTG lore, but I do know what happens in the work of the spark. Would that be enough?
As long as you have a general awareness of what things mean, and are willing to make corrections when and if you make mistakes pertaining to the lore, that's perfectly fine.

As long as you have a general awareness of what things mean, and are willing to make corrections when and if you make mistakes pertaining to the lore, that's perfectly fine.
What kind of stuff do I need to be aware of exactly?

Yeah I’ve played the game before I know what those are!
That being the case, you're welcome to join. I'll keep an extra spot open for Gabe Gabe just in case since they did come first and I'm yet to get a conclusive answer on whether they want in or not (since I'm not willing to let go of the requirements)

Alright then, what do I have to do next?
As I just quoted, there's a link to the OOC. If you have a discord, I can also invite you to the discord, though Gravitational Force Gravitational Force isn't on the discord, only myself and ShadowHounder ShadowHounder , so the official OOC is on the linked thread.

From there, we'll need to talk a bit to catch you up to speed on the content already in the roleplay (we have an opening, but we've already started and got some things decided) and then you can get to making your character.

Thinking about it, it might be hard for me to keep up with the length of the other members here, cause I’m sorta new to this. Sorry for taking ur time friend, and good luck!

Thinking about it, it might be hard for me to keep up with the length of the other members here, cause I’m sorta new to this. Sorry for taking ur time friend, and good luck!
It's alright, I understand. Good luck in looking for roleplays :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back