• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Haenghada University//Closed

Characters
Here
Woo Lee

Just because everyone here was canoodling didn't mean that Lee was the type to join in. Her face lit like wildfire and her heart nearly leapt from her chest as his lips landed on hers. It didn't last long; short, sweet, yet it left her wrecking her brain in attempt to find the words. Her bright blue contact lensed eyes searched his as the heat pulsated her cheeks, and as he brushed some of her platinum blonde hair behind her ear she nearly fainted. Oh, he was enjoying embarrassing her wasn't he?

With an exasperated huff she playfully elbowed him in the stomach, shooting him a small smirk. Jung was the only man she had ever met that could rattle her like this. "Boys still stink." She leaned against the table and she picked up her margarita, sipping on it as Jung thought it over. Lee understood his position more than anyone, just on a different wavelength. Yuri was Korea's sweetheart, everyone always assumed that Lee got where she was in life because of her moms reputation. Lee wanted her career to be built on the foundation of her just being a good rapper! She did her best to distance from her mom, hell, even her dad.

"You'll find a contract no problem Jung. Maybe a boy band at first? You're an awfully cute face with a damn good voice, you'll be the favorite in no time." Lee gave him an encouraging smile, her hand reaching out to give him a squeeze. Shit would be rough for him for a while with his dads situation but, it didn't have to define his life.

His reaction made her smirk to herself, now it was time for her to embarrass him. "What, you don't want to room with me or something? I promise I won't bite too hard." Dressed in a v neck black crop top and bright red high waisted shorts her hands slid up his chest, her arms wrapping around his neck and pulled him close to her. "You're kind of cute when you get flustered Jung. And you know damn well I'll be decorating our home when we move in together." Lee shot him a quick wink. This was payback for the kiss.

Her fingers moved to fix the collar on his shirt. "We could all get a place? Tae is impossible to live with on his own I'm sure, if we live as a group I'm sure he'll be easier to handle. Plus, we've all been living together since high school. It'd be weird to break up our dynamic now." Standing on her toes Lee planted a sweet kiss on his nose before falling back to her feet, turning and grabbing a few more shots off of the table. "C'mon. We're celebrating so let's drink. Don't get too drunk on me though, babe."

Last edited:
Zane.

Honestly he should've known that Somin could see straight through his façade. He tried to argue against leaving the group, not wanting to deal with an interrogation or having to come up with a lie, but that gorgeous skunk-haired woman wasn't giving him much of a choice. He cracked a small, genuine smile even in the midst of his most terrifying moment. He needed to know her future plans though, now more than ever. Zane was going to have to leave school, the house, he was going to have to leave her side. He'd only ever be a phone call or a text away, but would that be enough for her? If she said she'd need more then he'd completely understand. No, if she said she needed someone more he'd understand. The thought was a fucking punch to the gut.

Only, instead of calling him an idiot or prattling on about her career plans she was saying she liked him. It... caught him off guard, even in this moment where he thought it'd be impossible to shock him even more. The small smile on his face fell and left nothing but a look of genuine sincerity, his eyes gazing at her with a love and admiration he had never felt for anyone ever before. Somin was everything to him, but that wasn't fair because she was everything to a lot of people. Her family relied on her, it was selfish to want to whisk her off her feet and take her far away from all of this. She wasn't one to dream of marriage, or kids, she was solely focused on her career-- he knew that already. Somin wanted him in her life though, despite all his faults and how shitty he could be at time. It made tears prickle in his eyes.

"M-Man there's something in my fuckin' eye, give me a sec." Zane was quick to rub away the tears with the back of his hands. That meant everything to him, that was literally everything he needed to hear. So... maybe it was okay now to tell her what was wrong. "Somin, we are worth it. A thousand percent worth it, we can make anything work. I--" Flash. All it took was one, simple flash to cause Somin to flip on a dime. Honestly it had all happened so quick, all he could do was blink away the dots of lights lingering in his eyes from the flash-- even more so at the second one. "Ugh." The back of his hand rubbed his eyes in annoyance, long enough to not catch Somin pouring her drink on the woman.

By the time he realized it his eyes widened wide. "O-Oh shit Somin, that's hardcore." An almost proud grin tugged at the corner of his lips, his eyes glancing down at the pissed off woman. She looked familiar, though he couldn't quite place where he knew her from. Oh well, surely it wouldn't be an issue. All he could do was chuckle as the woman stormed off with a scream. "You got a hair tie?" Without warning he slipped the one off of her wrist, tossing his overgrown silver locks in a loose bun.

"Much better." A small sigh of relief passed his lips. Now after that amusing stunt he definitely didn't feel like ruining the night. So, of course he would avoid the truth at all costs. His warm hands slid over the bits of bare skin on her waist that her shirt left exposed, wrapping around to the small of her back and pulling her against him with a small sigh. "I just got scared, y'know? Regardless off the results I got freaked out about future. I've never had, well, this." The way he looked down at her, with all the love in the world, he couldn't help the bashful smile taking over his lips. "I don't want to lose you, Somin. You are someone I will go to the ends of the earth for. I'd protect you at all costs. More importantly though," one hand slid up to tuck a loose strand of white hair behind her ear before gently lifting her chin to meet his gaze once more, "I'm pretty sure I love you, Somin. It's scary, but I'm going to do everything I can to make this work."

In hopes that was enough to distract her he decided to do just one more thing. He didn't require an I love you back, the word scared him. Instead he leaned down and captured her lips with his own for a long, passionate moment. Would she hit him? Probably, but it would be so worth it. Once he needed to catch his breath he pulled away, not too far though as he simply pressed his forehead to hers to take a deep inhale. "Now, what do you say we get another drink? Seems like yours is all gone."

Somin

The look Zane gave her, his eyes making her suddenly feel shy and bashful despite the fact that she had just done something so brazen. Somin’s pale skin flushed, her body crumpling a little under those heavy eyes full of love. How had they known each other for so long and only now was this coming to the surface? She looked up at him through her heavy lashes and gave him a small smile as he spoke. These feelings were strange, good but strange. She wasn’t used to this, this side of her. However when he complimented her drink pouring technique she felt an evil smirk crack through.

“Are you crying you big softie?” Somin flashed him a mocking grin but her eyes held nothing but care and love as she reached up to wipe them away with her thumbs, just as he gently took the hair tie from around her wrist. Her hands stayed against his cheeks, her fingers moving sweeping motions of calm as his hands moved to the bare skin at her waist. “You don’t have to be scared Zane, I know it’s all new but it’s new to both of us.” Somins thin hands slid down to his chest, moving a step closer to him to where they were now nearly pressed against each other. She was about to lean up and kiss him when his next sentence stopped her in her tracks.

I’m pretty sure I love you.

Zane said it first. He said he loved her. Well he said he was pretty sure but from a man who just had his first real kiss a few weeks prior she was sure that was pretty much a confession. “Zane-“ Before she could say another word his lips were against hers, her eyes went wide for a moment before fluttering shut, her arms looping around his neck. It was long, deep, like suddenly they weren’t in the middle of some loud club with all of their friends around and strangers likely ogling at them. It was just them and it was wonderful. Somin’s heart felt so full, so much so that any of the weird stress she had seen on his face just moments ago was washed from her brain. He said he was just scared for them, she was too. But he was right, they were worth it. This was worth it. When they finally pulled away she simply looked up at him, her eyes probably glittering like they said in the books she would read. “Zane I love you.” It wasn’t a response to the question he asked but she needed to say it. “Since your rude ass cut me off before I could respond. I love you. I know it. I’m scared too, I know that we have a unique situation, with our hopeful careers but, we’ll be okay.”

Jung

“I’m not sure about all that, but I appreciate the compliment.” Jung rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and felt his face warm up a bit at the compliments he got from Lee. He wasn’t the most attractive guy, he wasn’t the greatest dancer and when he was put in front of a camera he was awkward as all hell. But he could perform, he could sing and he hoped that his talent was enough to keep moving him forward. Otherwise what would he do? Their entire life was revolved around the industry, his father wasn’t a singer or anything but he worked with them his entire life. It was all he knew. For a moment Jung felt the panic setting in again but thankfully Lee pulled him out of it quickly.

Lee had always been good at that, at making him feel bright and confident. Her confidence and aura made him want to be better, do better, for her. She was amazing, strong and just insanely gorgeous. Was she a little rough? Yeah. But that was just another piece he loved about her, she was always so genuinely herself.

Jung stared down at her, mouth slightly agape as she pulled him against her. This was one of those moments were his facade of confidence broke, when he both regretted and thanked the gods he had taunted her just moments ago. It took him a moment of stammering, almost a full hard reset, before his hands slipped to her waist, his thumbs barely brushing the skin exposed at the bottom of her ribs . She brought up moving in again and his face went red, his eyes going somewhere distant at the thought of it, of her decorating a place for them. Suddenly he could imagine it as she continued, the four of them all together. The insane contrast between the items Suua and Lee each chose for their common areas. Tae insanely cleaning and scolding them all every time a drink was left on a table. “Sounds perfect.” Jung smiled at the kiss on his nose then whined a moment later when she let him go and pulled from his grasp.

“If I’m going to do more shots, you and I are dancing. Fair trade.”

King

Sora was staying. That was the only thought ringing through his head, ringing on every part of his body. King had never realized how scared he was internally, he knew it was there at the surface, the worry of her having to leave again like she did back then. But hearing her say those words melted something deep down in him, a knot of tension he was unaware had been growing at his core. Then she continued, talking about their plans for the future and their careers and he felt the knot tighten a little again.

King was already in a contract, one that was up when he was done at the end of this year but he would be offered another. Hell he would be offered others too. But he knew that any he got would have him all over the fucking place, Soras would too. “I think getting a place would be awesome, hell we could probably invite Somin to stay too. I mean-“ The next part caught in his throat as he smoothed over her hair, gazing down at her with the softest smile he thought he had ever conjured up. “I mean it’s not like any of us will be there often at the start. Early trainees are always at the studio or off on shows. It would be nice to have a place to call home when we do get to be in the city. And hopefully the breaks line up a lot.” Sora moved on to the subject of family and King stiffened slightly, surprised more than anything. “Of course I do.” He said it plainly, it was the sort of thing that probably shocked others but King had always wanted children and a wife. A happy family, one that he would do right by unlike his own father. “But we can get cats too.” He smirked at her, reading the embarrassment in her face and relishing in how cute she was.

“It doesn’t matter though, I’ll fly to you wherever you are even if I only have a night off. Fuck I’ll drive. Rent a boat. Steal a horse. Whatever.” King kissed her cheek, staying close to her after his lips left her skin and resting his forehead on hers. He knew everyone was celebrating but suddenly all he wanted to do was go home and be alone with her. Just them. “Want to call a car, pick up some take out and go watch a movie back at the house? I know you did all this for everybody and what not but…” King gestured around to all the couples who had separated, all blissfully in their own worlds. “They won’t even fucking notice.”

Sora

“My oh my Ji, it almost sounds like you’re asking me on a date.” Her words were playful, almost a bit teasing as she swallowed all those lingering fears in the back of her head. Sora looked up at King with the softest, most lovely smile as she took in his features from this close. Home. No matter where in the world she was, no matter how long they’d spend apart, King was her safety, her comfort, her love. He was her home. “Let’s go home.” Her fingers laced together with his and she was quick to lead him to the exit of the club. Selfishly she hoped that the others would enjoy their time there a bit longer, just to spend some time alone with him.

The next week flew by. Classes resumed now that the auditions were over, King was busy, and Sora found herself pouring most of her time into practicing her dancing— the one critique she had gotten from the judges. She hardly had time for the mass amount of harassing texts she had been getting. Pictures of her being close to King on that balcony, him kissing her nose, her cheek. Every picture came with an insult, a threat. Whore, she got that the most. Stay away, he was theirs, we know where you live, blah blah. More of an annoyance than anything.

It was Friday night and Sora had planned a date after she got out of the dance studio that night, their schedules lined up and King would pick her up afterwards. Honestly? Sora was pumped for it. It was just a dinner reservation, but with the business of their schedules and the lot of their roommates they hardly got a minute to themselves. When she got done dancing, showered and tossed on some makeup at the studio she saw the text. He was busy, had to stay late. Sora sent back a quick heart. Next time, they could go to dinner next time.

It was dark by the time she started to walk home. Sora was lost in thought, thinking of what she could make or order for King so that he’d have something to eat when he got home. He was always extra cranky on his long nights, she wanted to do everything to put him at ease. She paid no attention as she rounded the corner, didn’t notice anything until they grabbed her. Blindfolded from behind, dragged to an alley despite her many protests, and gagged to stifle her objections. Between the punches, the searing pain and cracks as feet met her ribs, stomach, and back as she tried to wiggle to escape, she heard several women’s voices. “We warned you”, “King is ours”, she really couldn’t pay attention beyond the pain. By the time they left her she was a bloody, broken mess who kept fading in and out of consciousness.

Blood had dripped from her nose, her ear, busted lip, and the few cuts on her face onto her now tattered cream chiffon blouse. Dirty, bloody, sore. As she walked inside she just simply let out a small groan of pain. All she wanted was a bath and some sleep, and she was quite thankful that the majority of the house was at some family dinner. The poor girl looked like she got hit by a truck. With a pained sigh she moved to the kitchen to grab some ice for, well, she didn’t know which to ice first. With the ice in hand she simply walked up to the room she shared with Somin. "I'm back," her tired voice sounded, instantly making her way to the closet to find some clothes.

Last edited:
Woo Lee

Cocky. Lee was overly cocky and she knew she was a legacy; not because of who she was born to or anything like that, no, because she knew she was was talented in every aspect. She worked hard at all of it. Singing, dancing, rapping-- she had to make up for her slightly aggressive and abrasive personality. She was in a world where people would praise her just because who she was related to, not how hard she worked. That's why she always lifted up her friends, especially Jung. Hell that was one of the reasons she gravitated to him. To her he was beyond reproach. He was handsome, so much so that she would find herself gazing at him, that fucking smile of his had the power to lift her up even on the shittiest of days, and when he sang she couldn't focus on anything but his voice. She wouldn't let the cruelty of this world crush him nor his spirit.

And that stammering nervousness of his? She lived to see it. It caused a smirk to form on her pretty lips. "One drink, one dance. So let's take a couple shots then, yeah?" With a smirk she clinked a glass with him, tossed it back, and sauntered off to the dance floor.

----

"Want to throw each other down the stairs so we don't have to do this?" Lee glanced over at Suua as she put the final touches on her look. A black velvet dress paired with tall black velvet wedges, her perfectly straightened platinum locks falling down her shoulders and back. Her usual dark liner and gloss and she was done, this was as fancy as her parents would get. She knew that Suua was insanely nervous for this too, Tae’s stunt with Eun and abandoning the girls for a whole summer wasn’t their parents favorite thing. Now the two were dating, her first boyfriend ever, and oh boy. Their dramatic parents were going to be painful this evening.

Lee liked to ignore the texts from her parents, only responding if necessary. When they asked her to dinner she declined, only she supposed it wasn't a request. Lee's, Suua's, and Tae's parents were all meeting for dinner and attendance wasn't a choice. She was expected to show since Suua and Tae were joining, and honestly she supposed her friends could use the support. She found out last night she had to go, and that was when she sprung it on Jung. If she had to go then dammit, he did too.

This was the first time Jung would see her all dressed up since they started to date, and the first time he'd see her parents. Jin was a teacher at the school, now at the university, and he knew Jung. Yuri had met him once or twice, but that was all before they got together. The two of them mettled in her life enough, she didn't want nor need them to mettle in her love life. The thought made her groan again. "Quick like a bandaid. Let's go." With a heavy sigh she grabbed a black leather jacket and took off down the stairs.

Last edited:
Zane.

Love. Even a week later the word echoed throughout his entire being. Yeah Zane had said it first but, he had never expected Somin to return those feelings. All those years as casual acquaintances and watching King treat her poorly, those months they spent as just friends, he had never thought it would lead them to this. Gods, he was so happy. No matter the shit storm he was facing so long as Somin was right there by his side he could face anything. He would protect her, cherish her, treasure her like she fucking deserved.

Where the fuck was King when he needed him? Zane had texted him EMERGENCY, and called, and texted some more until he seemed like a jilted lover trying to contact him. Today was the day he had to leave and Somin was in the house. King was the only one that knew because, well, they were fucking roommates and he watched him pack most nights when he was home. All Zane asked was for him to distract Somin and- and he was at work! The nerve! Somin was going to see him leave, and she was going to be royally pissed at him that he withheld this information from her. God did he fuck up. But what was he supposed to do? Somin was already stressed. Girls had been harassing her more and more since they had been walking together around campus, hand in hand, and it was obvious Zane didn't care what others thought. He had the worlds greatest gal on his arm, y'know? He wanted to show her off, show her that he was so proud to be her boyfriend. During the day he'd walk her to class, and instead of going to class he went home to pack his things. It wasn't like he could go to class anymore, y'know? He failed. Essentially he was expelled.

Doesn't matter. Somin was going to kill him. She was just one floor down and he was terrified she'd hear the sound of the wheels on his luggage. Minho had texted him that today was his last day at the house, said he'd be showing up to make sure he was out. "Oh you stupid shit head," Zane glared at himself in the mirror. There was still the issue with his annoying ass fan club. At first he left the girls alone. They were harmless, right? At least, that's what he thought before he found some note taped to their door. Zane belongs to all of us. It was super creepy. Come to find out this wasn't her first note! Zane was sweating the harassment getting worse after it became public knowledge that he was amongst the failures. He begged Somin to let him handle this, to tell the girls off, but she didn't seem nearly as bothered by it as he was.

With a heavy sigh Zane took a deep encouraging breath and wheeled down his two large (and expensive) suitcases down the stairs. Eyes scanning the room he didn't see Somin, however he did see Lee all dressed up. "Oh is Jung's finally taking you on a proper date?" Speaking of. Had he taken Somin on a proper date? He made a mental note to ask her on one if she didn't kill him.

Gi Tae

Rosee and Hoya Gi, two polar opposite personalities that somehow got together and created the stoic, cold as ice Tae. He hated family dinners; his mother was pleasant, he wished he could say that about his father. Truthfully Tae got more of his personality and that was why they butted heads so often. He would've assumed that he was the one that was dreading dinner more, but Suua? She was nearly panicked about the whole thing. Why? Last time he checked her parents loved him! Her mom was sassy, that was par for the course, but she was always nice to Tae. Her dad was a bit strict but more fatherly to Tae than his own father! He didn't quite possibly see what could go wrong.

"Don't worry, Lee's parents are essentially cupcakes. I'm sure they'll be dragging you to every family occasion after this." Tae flashed his friend a small, pearly white grin as he adjusted the collar of his black button up in the mirror. He had silver and onyx cuff links, a silky black tie, black slacks, and his signature leather gloves. Raven black locks were pushed back and held with a bit of gel. It seemed like everyone was sweating this dinner save for him. "Seriously dude, it'll be fine. You're just dating Korea's sweetheart's and Professor Jin's daughter. Y'know, no pressure." Tae spun on the heels of his dress shoes, moving over and giving Jung a firm pat on his back. "You look great, let's get this over with yeah?"

And he was gone. Down the stairs and into the kitchen to the vase he had set up earlier. A large, lone pink fully bloomed rose sat in the glass, of which he plucked from the water and moved to the stairs to wait for Suua. Lee was down here already, he assumed Suua would be there shortly after. In his pocket his phone vibrated, his brow arching curiously as he glanced down at it. Don't fuck up. Dad. Great. Encouraging as ever. He let out a heavy sigh and shook his head a couple times. "Suua dear, the cars here." Tae's taunting voice echoed through the staircase as he leaned against the wall.

His eyes landed on Zane's bag as he soon joined them. He had assumed Zane failed just by his reaction alone, but he never confirmed it until now. "Shouldn't you be more concerned about Somin's wrath versus anyone's dating life?" A small smirk tugged at his lips once more. Always stirring the pot. "Seriously Zane, you're talented. I don't know how you failed the fucking audition. Ask for a re-do and actually try this time dumbass."

Somin

The last few days Somin was on top of the world, it felt so silly and stupid that loving someone and being loved could make you feel so giddy. But it did. Of course she was still sarcastic and sassy but it was all much lighter than it once was because at the core she was happy. She was so happy that she barely even noticed the side eyes and snide remarks she was getting whenever she walked past people. Her little stunt at the club paired with her new public relationship with Zane seemed to be making a fair amount of girls around campus quite upset. Most of them were younger, groupies from his little fan club if she remembered their faces correctly. Going forward Somin tried her best to ignore them and be polite, she knew that Zane’s popularity was based largely on the personality and image he created to do well… she didn’t want to fuck that up. Even if she did want to hiss and some of these nosy bitches.

Today Somin had no classes and was spending a rare day relaxing in her room.
Sometimes you just needed a quiet morning to get yourself organized. She laid on her bed, stomach against the mattress with her planner and all sorts of pens and highlighters splayed out in front of her. She hadn’t even bothered to put on real clothes this morning and stayed in her pajamas, a pair of Zane’s grey sweatpants tied tightly at her waist and a black sports bra. Behind her the door opened and Somin hummed a simple hello to Sora as she came in the room. It took her a second to finish what she was writing to close the planner and turn to her friend and roommate. When she did Somin let out a heavy gasp.

“Sora!” Somin sprang up from the bed and rushed over to the other girl, her hands grabbing her by the shoulders as she turned her to face her head on. There was blood, already forming bruises and bits of swelling all around her face. “Sora what the fuck happened? Did you lose a fight with a set of stairs? Piss off a stray cat? What the fuck.” She stammered, reaching out and gently prodding one of the smaller cuts to see how bad they were. Most of it seemed superficial but she would be hurting for a few days. After a moment she stepped away and took in the whole image, she looked broken. Her clothes were torn and stained with blood, her face with apparent injuries but also just looked down and sad. “Let’s get you changed… just… one second.”

Somin slipped out the door and walked halfway down the steps to find Zane but found him standing at the bottom of the stairs. Suitcases next to him. Shoes on. A lump formed in her throat, well actually it was more like a second one after the one that formed upon seeing Sora. “What’s all this?” Did he book something? Was he going on a trip that Somin had forgotten about? She racked her mind to remember something but couldn’t. She was positive that she would have known if he had somewhere to go, not only was he her boyfriend but he was also her partner for this school year. “Did I miss something?” A bit of worry started to rise in the back of her mind but Somin slapped it away. Not now. Right now Sora was upstairs changing out of bloody clothes and right now that needed to be their focus. She knew that Sora wouldn’t want this to be a household spectacle but… something bad had happened and Somin didn’t exactly know how to handle it. Plus she didn’t know where the first aid kit was, thus her original reason for slipping out of the room. “Whatever, later. Can you find me the first aid kit and bring it upstairs? Sora uh- cut her hand on a broken picture frame and I need to help clean it up.”

Somin shot Zane a quick look of pleading before darting back upstairs and into their room. Sora was already changed when she got back and Somin scooped up the tattered clothes from the floor and tossed them into the garbage below her desk. “Sora, are you okay? Zane is looking for the first aid kit but do you need anything else? Water, food? Blanket?”

Suua

“Yes.” It was all she said as the pale blonde woman looked over her outfit once more in the mirror. “Being thrown down the stairs actually sounds like a treat.” Suua was wearing a dressy sweater set, a knit pastel pink skirt with a matching sweater vest and a white satin button up underneath. To accessorize she wore thigh high white stockings, pearl earrings to match her headband and a pair of ivory Mary Jane shoes. As usual, her and Lee looked like they could be opposite sides of the same girl. “This is going to royally suck.” It wasn’t just about Tae, her parents were level 100 hover parents. They meant well but they were also overly concerned about every little thing. Every time they all got together there was always like an hour long question process about every aspect of her life!

“W-wait up Lee!” Suua stammered, quickly grabbing her purse from her bed and running off after her friend. She was so thankful that Lee was going, she knew she was likely told she had to but it wasn’t like Lee was the biggest rule follower. Then before she even rounded the corner Tae’s voice rang out, the chiding tone making her cheeks flush and darken the blush she had added earlier. Thinking about it now she probably could have done without blush in her makeup routine today… it was guaranteed she would end up embarrassed enough. “I’m coming! Aish!”

“Woah kids, traffic jam!” Suua giggled at the group forming right by the door, looking around and first noting the suitcases but before she could open her mouth to ask, her eyes fell on Tae. If this was a cartoon, Suua was fairly sure she would have looked like there were hearts in place of her eyes and her body would have slumped to the ground in an over dramatic faint.

Suddenly her nervousness halved. Just seeing Tae made her feel so much better. But… it was also that she was so sure. Suua was absolutely positive that she was in love with Tae, that she could trust him fully with her heart because even before they were dating he was protecting it. Her parents were a lot but, they would see it too. They loved Tae and they loved their daughter. It was still a scary feeling, but it was paired with a bit of excitement now. “You look very handsome.” Suua smiled brightly at him as she squeezed down the rest of the stairs and made her way to where Tae stood. She reached for him first, her pale fingers slowly straightening out the tie he wore even though it was already pristine… it just gave her an excuse. “You ready for this? Your mom is for sure coming right? Not just Hoya?” The last bit was spat with a bit of malice, Suua loved Tae’s parents but she had always had a bit of a thing with Hoya. He was so rude to Tae and despite Suua being bubbly and kind, she always found herself snapping at the man… even when they were young.

King

“You work for ME, I am not employed by YOU. Next time you want to use your own best judgment, don’t.” King growled as he snatched his phone away from his assistant and crawled into the back of the car. During their meeting, which was supposed to have been quick, he had handed over his phone to have all this calendars updated but despite being texted about an emergency and being called, his idiot assistant didn’t think he needed to let King know about it until AFTER. So now he was in the back of his town car, telling his driver to go fast and cursing himself for even allowing this stupid meeting this morning. Zane and him were back in a good place and his friend had confided in him. King should have stayed home.

When King got back to the house he saw the car outside and remembered that dinner that half the damn house was going to tonight. He cursed himself more. He jumped out and hurried up the steps of the porch and in the front door to find that a crowd had already kind of formed, a quick glance made him realize that Somin wasn’t present and King let go a heavy sigh of relief. At least until Tae opened his mouth.

Fuck.

“What? No! Just a trip right dude?” King was bad at this sort of shit, not the lying, he could lie. But this sort of situation… when he didn’t want to lie, hell he didn’t even think Zane wanted to lie. It was just that he had run out of time to come up with a good way to explain this to everyone without it being so awfully depressing. King had gone to the board himself and demanded that they double check their results, there was zero way that Zane failed but they maintained their same position. Zane was done. King looked over at his friend, trying to decide if he should try and throw Tae off the trail or not but honestly they both knew that the guy was too smart for that shit. “ I still think they have it all wrong. There’s no way that you failed.” He clamped a hand on his friends shoulder, looking past him up the stairs towards the girls floor and found the door to their girlfriends shared room closed. “Are they home?”

Jung

Last night Lee had let him know that he would be joking her for a dinner, which didn’t sound like the worst thing until she further explained the reason for said dinner. It wasn’t that he didn’t know her parents, it was that he would be meeting them as her boyfriend during a meal that surely sounded like it was going to be awkward for them all. Awesome! But parents loved him, always had, though a part of him was nervous about how they would view him after the scandal. So he did what he did best and spent the morning of the dinner stressing out and changing his outfit two hundred times like some high strung teenage girl.

Then Tae had to go and TRY and be helpful only to end it with a comment that he knew would make Jung want to crawl in a hole and hide. So when Tae left to head downstairs, Jung followed, unable to keep still thanks to his nervous energy.

Downstairs Jung waited before the others, having getting dressed far too early and sitting near the front window like a dog waiting for the mail. He wore a pair of black slacks with a light grey dress shirt that had black paisley on it. His reddish brown hair was gently laid back but not stuck to his head or anything crazy. He just hoped to look like a respectable young man.

Zane was the first to appear… with bags. “Are you going somewhere?” Jung had eyed the luggage with raised brows, it was a lot of shit. Probably all of his shit if Jung had to guess. Then Tae returned from where he had disappeared to the kitchen. Then everything was just a bit of a whirlwind, however it landed on the question of the bags once more. “Wait you failed?”

Zane.

"Just, enjoy your night out everyone. We'll catch up later." There was no focusing on Tae, or anyone else for that matter. All Zane could see in his head was that look on Somin's face at the sight of his bags. He'd fucked up, he'd fucked up bad and it was time to pay the piper. He had been so distracted he didn't even notice King's arrival until the pat on the shoulder.

"Y'know, it is what it is right? Somin and I will be fine I'm sure, that's all that really matters. At least, I hope we'll be fine." She herself said they had phones, that distance wouldn't matter! So, hopefully this wouldn't matter. Even saying that in his head made him feel like an idiot, of course she was going to be mad. "Never mind all that. Come on, Sora's bleeding or something and needs the first aide kit." Steel gray eyes looked up to the clock, noting that they still had a few before Minho showed up and escorted him off the grounds. With a small sigh Zane moved to grab the kit from the kitchen, nodding towards the girls room. "Well? I'm sure you don't want me patching up your girl. The last time I laid my hands on her you punched me." A playful smirk spread on his face as he smacked his friend on the back. Maybe riling up King would be the last thing he did before he left? For good time sakes?

Without missing a beat Zane was pushing his suitcases to the side and making his stride up the staircase to the girls room. Not bothering to knock he walked straight in, the smile on his face falling as soon as he saw Sora's face. "I- err, that's not just a cut on the hand, babe." The cuts and bruises already forming on Sora's face was enough to cause Zane to stare wide eyed at her, not even thinking fast enough to shut the door and stop King from coming in. "Y-You know Somin I actually need to talk to you. Maybe we let King tend to those wounds of hers?" King would find out about Sora's face eventually, while Zane had extremely limited time to come clean to Somin. Fifteen minutes, to be precise.

Hopefully Sora's bloodied face would be more traumatizing than him leaving and wouldn't cause Somin to punch him. Nervously he took her hand in his, a wry smile on his face as he pulled her from the room and led her up to the one him and King shared-- the one, he supposed, they used to share. The thought alone hurt his heart. Inside his bunk was empty; no blankets, no tacky decorations like he had once hung up just to piss off King. Nothing with Zane's personal little touches. "I- don't be mad, okay? I just haven't found the right time to tell you. King and I have been trying to keep me here, but, I, um..." It wasn't often that he found himself tongue tied, but breaking this news to Somin? It gutted him.

"I... have to leave. By that I mean, I failed my audition. You all were so excited and I just didn't have the heart to tell you. So, I'm sorry. I've begged them to reconsider, I don't even know how this happened. I did the same audition that got me in. Guess that makes me a no talented hack who's parents bought his way in." It might've been true at first, but after all these years Zane had grown and thrived in the industry. That apparently didn't matter to the school. With a heavy sigh Zane sat on the bed, his eyes pleading as they met Somin's. "I-I'm so sorry. Words aren't enough to express it. I'll figure it out though, okay? I don't need school, I'll be fine on my own. I'm in four different shows, they're not going to kick me out over something like this. I just-" He paused long enough to take a long swallow, "I don't want you to hate me. I won't be far, just down the road. I'm a call away, and I'll be over all the time to visit you. Just because I got kicked out doesn't mean I'm breaking up with you, okay? I love you." Not I think I love you, not I'm pretty sure. He fucking loved her and needed to tell her that. At least, before she either hit him or broke up with him.

Sora

Everything felt fuzzy until Somin's voice pulled her from her daze. All she could do was blink as her roommate looked her over, silently trying to figure out what she was going to tell people. Stray cat fight was a good one, she liked that. The best option would be to say she fell; the dance studio had plenty of stairs she could tumble down. Anything from the truth, to make sure that King never found out who did this or why. The concern written all over Somin's face, however, had her at a loss for words. She had never had a friend so worried about her, she supposed beyond family friends like Lee and Suua she didn't have one. Despite how shitty she felt she couldn't help but smile slightly to herself.

Out the door Somin went and the battered dark haired woman instantly moved to get into something comfortable. Some leggings and one of King’s sweaters that was obnoxiously too big on her sufficed. Nothing that would hug her bruises too tightly or reveal any of the marks on her body so that King would believe her stairs story. As soon as she saw her reflection in the mirror she quietly winced-- she looked almost as bad as she felt. What would she do from this point on? Avoid King in public? That didn't sound fair to either one of them. It sounded stifling, petty, and painful and she didn't want to hide from anyone.

Sora also didn't want to get jumped again, so right now she was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

“I'm fine." The reply came out quickly, like she had been practicing the response already. The speed of it made her heave a heavy sigh before turning to Somin with a small smile. "S-Sorry, it's been a long day. Thank you for everything, really." Gently Sora began to dab off some of the blood off of her face with a makeup wipe, wincing painfully as she did so. "Just, um, maybe let's not tell Ji about this-“ The words got choked up in her throat as she thought about it. Another secret. She had promised no secrets this time, but how could she tell him about this? There was no doubt in her mind he’d go absolutely ballistic. “H-He’s so busy and stressed out enough as is. This was a fluke, I let down my guard on my walk and got jumped, and I--"

Before Sora could stumble on her words anymore Zane was walking in unannounced with a first aide kit. At the mention of King's name helping her face went as pale as a ghost. No, he couldn't see her just yet! "Wait Zane no, please-" And he was gone, leaving Sora alone. Fuck. Instantly she grabbed the first aide kit and jumped to her feet, wincing as she did, and moved to run to the bathroom to fix herself up. Only, she ran straight into King's chest with enough force to knock her back onto to floor. "Ow..." When she got her strength back she'd be punching Zane for this. "Oh, hi Ji. How was your meeting?" As if nothing was wrong she slowly, and painfully, sat herself up and looked up at him with her usual bright smile. "I, um, stairs. I fell. I'm fine, just sore." Always the worst fucking liar.

Woo Lee

"Listen, we all have enough to deal with tonight other than worrying about this. Zane's a big boy. Minho and King are helping him, so let's let them figure this out." Lee's light brown brow quirked with irritation. As much as she'd rather be here to kick Minho's ass and not let him take Zane it wasn't his call to make. Plus, they had to get this dinner over with. Family dinners weren't as often as they used to be and while she'd love to dip, she couldn't do that to Suua. Not tonight, at least.

Suua was right, this was going to royally suck. But, at least she could ignore her parents and oggle Jung for the night.

--

The ten minute car ride to Lee's childhood home was full of angst and tension. She contemplated jumping out of the moving car to at least buy them a couple minutes away from their parents. Unfortunately for the lot of them they were already pulling through the gate by the time she made up her mind. Great. Once through the gates the driveway up was intricately decorated with finely cut hedges, the lawn scattered with cherry blossoms, and a small koi pond. "You've got nothing to worry about. You know that, right?" Gently her black nail polished painted hand gave Jung's hand a reassuring squeeze. It was just written across his face how nervous he was, that and his hand was sweating. Like, a lot.

The car parked and instantly the door to the car open, the four of them were quickly escorted into the manor. Lee's parents liked to be as 'humble as possible' so it wasn't as obnoxiously huge as Sora's home; she needed a fucking map of the place every time they visited. Lee's family home gave off more of a large, cozy cottage vibe. It was large, not extravagantly so, but beautifully decorated and homey on the inside. Each of the kids had their own rooms upstairs despite them usually crashing in the same one. "This is my house." It wasn't like Lee wasn't grateful for their upbringing, she truly was, but... her mom was never around. Always touring, and dad was always busy with school. They adored her, doted on her when they were home. Tae and Suua were the only family that was reliable growing up.

"Oh look at my sweet little Lee all dressed up! Aren't you adorable, come here!" Lee was quick to dodge Yuri, grimacing a bit as she did. "You're lucky I'm here, don't push it with a hug." Up close Yuri and Lee looked extremely alike; similar facial features, build, and height. The only feature she got from her dad was her hair and eye color. Yuri looked young despite her age, and when Lee had her natural hair everyone would comment on how much they looked like sisters. She hated it, hence the platinum blonde hair. Her parents, Tae's, and Suua's were all in the living room, presumably catching up while they waited for the kids to arrive. "Anyways, I assume you all remember Jung. If not, this is Jung. My,-" Lee's pale cheeks were quick to heat as she paused. This was the first time ever introducing a boyfriend to her family, and while she was proud of him she also didn't want her family to scare him off. "boyfriend. Anyways. I need a drink."

With that said Lee bee lined for the alcohol cabinet. Hopefully their parents would focus their attention on Suua and Tae.

Last edited:
Gi Tae

Tae was going to say something snarky to King and Zane he just knew it, however when Suua came down the stairs he lost his train of thought. Suua was always beautiful no matter what she wore, there was no denying that. Something about this outfit though, that satin shirt underneath the ever so Suua pink sweater vest, the cute headband in her flawless locks, to the mary janes. There was a sophistication about the outfit that he usually didn't see in her attire, it was enough to heat his face as he gawked at her with his lips slightly parted in shock, flower in hand still.

Before he knew it she was upon him, her thin fingers straightening out his tie. Was it crooked? Truthfully he didn't care, she could've unraveled his tie and he wouldn't of cared. Tae would do absolutely anything for this woman, even if it required getting on his knees and begging her parents for a chance with her, though he prayed it didn't come to that. He and her parents had such a good relationship, her dad more of a father figure to him than his own more often than not. He... hoped they'd be happy for them; he knew his mother would be, his dad on the other hand would be indifferent like he was towards every aspect of his life. The only time his dad remotely got excited for him was when he managed to book a good gig.

"You're breathtaking," Not the answer she was looking for by any means, he just couldn't help saying it. A warm smile spread on his lips as he tucked some of her hair behind her ear, casually placing the bright pink rose behind her ear as he did so. "Hoya will be there as well. Just ignore him. That's what I do."

---

The drive was quick, he would've been fine if it took an hour so long as he got to spend it with Suua. Before he knew it they were pulling into the heavy metal gates and up the familiar driveway, the car parking in front of the home most of them were wildly familiar with. Home away from home. "My lady," Tae hummed the words as he held out a hand to help Suua from the car, making sure that she didn't trip on her way out. Knowing her she would rather throw herself down some stairs versus doing this with her parents, let alone with his father. He'd be with her the whole way, and there was nothing they couldn't face together.

"Oh, so close Yuri. Better luck next time." As they walked inside Tae continued to hold Suua's hand, chuckling as Lee and Yuri did their usual hug and dodge routine. Without a word he released her hand, not quite sure the approach she wanted to take in announcing everything, and placed a warm hand upon the small of her back. Gently his thumb made reassuring circles, quietly reminding her that things would be fine. On the couch he spotted his beautiful mother, a national fucking treasure and the kindest soul he had ever met, next to the stoic looking man in a suit nursing a glass of whiskey. Commonly known as his father. "Boyfriend yeah? You're just tossing that word out and going to drink?" His words were hushed, eyes narrowing as Lee quickly moved towards the alcohol. How can she just casually drop bombs on the family like that?

"Word through the grapevine is you're causing a heap of trouble in the industry with Eun. Your mother mentioned that I should congratulate you on passing the entrance exam before I brought that up though. Whoops." Hoya. Charming as fucking ever. Tae simply continued to rub Suua's back and he stood a bit straighter. "Eun and I were more of a bad business deal than anything. Learned my lesson. Anyways, it was my understanding this was a family gathering. Not a business meeting with my manager." Tae flashed a cocky grin at his dad before looking over to Suua's parents. "Lovely to see you guys as always. Lee why don't you pour us all a couple drinks, yeah?"

Suua

The realization of what was going on with Zane only made the car ride over more stressful. It wasn’t Suua’s problem to concern herself with but she liked the little family they all made and he was a part of it! Suua was the one with the closest relationship to Minho, her uncle… godfather… whatever you wanted to call him, so she felt like she should at the very least send a text begging him to figure something out. So in the short car ride she held Tae’s hand tightly with one hand and used the other to send off a quick message to Minho. His hands were likely tied if it got this far but… she could ask. With that she shoved her phone back in the small purse and rested her head against Tae’s shoulder with a small sigh. The rose at her ear tickled slightly making her smile. This was going to be a good thing, telling their parents. Suua loved Tae and according to Lee it had been apparent for years so this shouldn’t come as too much of a shock right?

-

The car ride was short, Lee’s family home much closer to the campus than her own was. Her parents had chosen a life deep in the city, downtown in a high rise penthouse that was close to the hospital her father maintained residency at. Her mother could work from home but the physical office of her company was only about a five minute train ride away… not that she ever took the train. Suua’s home was much different from this, it wasn’t cold at all but her parents definitely loved their modernist lifestyle and technology. Honestly half of their living room was set up with every game console known to man. A fact that was always so funny to her, that video games was the base of her parents long and successful relationship. It was their favorite family activity. Anyone on the outside looking in would never guess.

Inside the home Lee did her usual routine of avoiding her mother, causing Tae to snicker and Suua and cringe. Poor Yuri. “Hello Yuri! It’s so nice to see you.” For a moment Suua stepped away from Tae’s warm hand at her back and hugged the small woman as she usually did when her own daughter slipped from her grasp. A quick step back returned her to Tae’s side and she could have sworn she already was getting a knowing look from Yuri who smiled and made her way back to join the others.

Suua’s eyes of course went to her parents first, taking them in where they sat on one of the couches, feverishly talking at each other about lord knows what now. Her mother and father were both always much more … edgy… than Suua, even now. Yubin sat with her legs crossed over one another, a glass of red wine in her hand that matched the color of the funky asymmetrical pantsuit she wore, her dyed blonde locks now cut short and slicked back behind her ears. Her father looked as if he had been at work this morning, black dress pants with a white top, though it was clear he had remembered to bring a tie and clip that matched his wife’s outfit. They turned and looked at her at the same time, both of their expressions warm as her dad stood to come in for a hug. Only he stopped when Hoya and Tae both spoke.

Suua whirled her attention back to the couple actually seated before her, Rosee and Hoya. Both people she loved dearly but only one of which she would gladly punch in the throat. Suua was an optimist to a fault but something about the way he spoke to Tae their entire lives made her blood boil. “Eun was really more my fault anyways.” She said it quickly, eyes flaring with something like rage as she looked at the man seated on the couch. “Honestly Tae handled it all better than most, that woman should be institutionalized for the way she acts and your son handled it with grace and dignity.” The last part she softened her voice, glancing at Rosee before looking up at Tae at her side. “If I had someone treat me like that for as long as Eun did, I wouldn’t have acted with as much patience. And I just feel bad I didn’t notice how much of a jerk she was sooner.” Suua meant the last part more than anything else she had said. There had been a time that she was upset with him for his relationship with Eun out of jealousy when in reality she should have noticed and helped.

“Anyways.” Suua hummed, looking back at Hoya before stepping away and towards her father who was looking at her with a look that screamed he wanted to laugh but didn’t think it would go over well. The man wrapped his daughter in a tight hug and her feet lifted off the ground a bit causing her to blush and groan. “Dad, I’m not twelve anymore. Please put me down.” He chuckled and obliged, setting her on her feet and squeezing her one last time before letting her go and stepping away so her mother could join. “Well it’s not like you’ve gotten any taller since twelve, can you blame your father?” The words were chiding but there was no malice in them, only a soft sarcasm as her mom gave her a quick hug before pulling back to look over her daughter. “You look well, have you been sleeping alright in the house? Is it clean? What about eating, please tell me you guys haven’t let Tae cook, I don’t want to find out the hard way that setting kitchens on fire is hereditary.”

Yubin looked between Tae and Hoya with a grin that made even Suua snicker softly. “Yes, house is great, sleeping is great, eating is great. Lee is my roommate so I couldn’t have been luckier! And Sora is just across the hallway, her roommate Somin is actually really cool too. We have a good house full.” She smiled brightly before gesturing to where Jung stood, “And this is Jung, he’s Tae’s roommate and Lee’s boyfriend. I think you guys have at least met him once before.” She didn’t dare mention anything about his father, she knew her mom would instantly know who he was. They wouldn’t judge him, not after the shit that they pulled in their youth, but she didn’t want to make Jung feel uncomfortable at all. Well more than he likely already was.

Suuas eyes then fell on Tae, would it be better to do this now or during dinner… maybe when they were leaving and running out the door. God she didn’t know! Part of her wanted to rip off the bandaid and be done with it but she didn’t really know how and she hadn’t particularly wanted to have EVERYONE here when it was presented though that was likely unavoidable. Lee had just blurted it out, like it was so damn easy. Suua steeled her nerves and turned to reach for his gloves hand, fingers grazing his as she spoke, “Also on the subject of introductions, obviously you know Tae but I wanted to introduce him a-“ Suddenly all of her nerves hit her at once and Suua felt her stomach turn. Oh shit. “Excuse me!” Without another word she took off, as gracefully as one could, heading towards the downstairs bathroom in fear of throwing up. Usually with her it was just word vomit, not real vomit. Dammit!

In the bathroom Suua stood over the sink and took a hand towel, cooling it with the coldest water the sink could offer before using it on her face. She was careful not to screw up her makeup but even so it seemed the cold water was helping the turning in her stomach. Why was she so fucking nervous about this? It was just her parents, it was TAE for gods sake! They adored him! She adored him! But maybe that was just it, she was worried to change their opinion on him, scared to make them dislike him for dating their daughter despite years and years of caring about him and loving him. Hoya was a giant jerk to Tae often and her father was always there for Tae… she just didn’t want to strain any of it.

Somin

Back in the room Somin watched Sora with worry etched on her face, whatever had happened to this girl wasn’t just some accident. Sora looked like she had been in a fucking boxing match with a heavyweight plus her snap about being okay was so unlike her, it made Somin’s heart break. “Sora, you’re clearly not fine.” She watched as the girl used a makeup wipe to try and clean up some blood and sighed, “Zane’s bringing me a first aid kit just wait, you’re going to get it infected or something with that shit.” The woman leaned against the wall as she watched, waiting for an explanation but the first thing that came was worry about King, worry that made Somin roll her eyes. Boo hoo poor busy King. “Girl, he’s going to see this even if you clean yourself up, I won’t tell him bu- WHAT?” Sora was jumped. The word ROARED from Somin without another thought and without any other explanation she instantly knew what had happened. Kings fans. Somin has gotten comments and looks from them when she dated him but she was a bit more on the aggressive side than Sora. It was the same kind of shit Somin was now getting from Zane’s little fan club. These women were off their fucking rockers.

The door opened before more could be said and Somin whirled, moving to stop Zane at the door and hopefully give him the message to not tell King what was going on but… too late. And then Zane was saying they should give them some time alone? She glanced back at Sora, he was right… they needed to talk about this honestly but she didn’t want to just abandon the woman. So instead she turned to where King stood to the side in the hallway. “Let her talk, don’t you dare fucking lose your mind. I will strangle you if you upset her more than she already is.” And with that she went off after Zane, making a mental note to not be gone for long.

The two of them were now in his room, one that the moment they entered she looked at stunned. “Where’s all your stuff?” Somin blurted it without thinking, looking at the empty bed and the desk free from all his usual disorganized clutter. Her eyes moved from his lack of belongings to him, searching his face before her eyes landed on his. He looked upset, sad, hurt. What in the hell was going on? Before he even said anything Somin felt panic begin to pool in her stomach. Don’t be mad he said… don’t be mad about what.

Then Zane explained and Somin’s face maintained a blank, calculating look as she listened. She let him say everything, from the audition to the fact that he was moving out, then the parts about not wanting her to hate him and loving her. Thoughts felt like fucking pinball in her head as she struggled to try and determine what issue she should tackle first, though it only took a few beats of silence for her to determine the most important point. Somin moved to sit besides him on the empty bed, the lack of sheets and blankets making her heart hurt a little.. making this seem far too real. Then she turned to him and used her hand to turn him to face her so they were sitting face to face. “I could never ever hate you. You could probably do the most disrespectful things and I would still not hate you. Which is embarrassing and pathetic to say so don’t ever repeat that outside closed doors.” Her hands took both of his in hers, they were larger than hers by a long shot but she did her best to be the one holding him, supporting him. “And I love you, no matter that. If you decided tomorrow you wanted to go be a post man instead I would love you. I support you and whatever you want to do. I-“ she leaned in to kiss his cheek before her head slumped to rest her forehead on his shoulder.

Now it was time to address everything else. Now is when soft Somin was thrown to the side and anger began to take over. “With that all said, how could you not tell me!” She pulled back and gave him a look of mild annoyance, her rage wasn’t with him, it was with the idiots who made this choice but she was still annoyed that he was only telling her this now. “Not only because I’m your girlfriend but I’m your partner this year! How in the HELL could they fail you?” She dropped his hands and stood, pacing the room as she continued. “Are they morons? You’re INSANELY talented, if and I mean IF your parents paid the first audition that is insane and a bad judgement call on their behalf because you could have gotten in! You’re the NUMBER TWO for Christ sakes! You didn’t get there on money.”

“Have you talked to Minho? Have you asked them to reconsider? No, of course you have. I’ll talk to them.” Somin said it all in slurred anxious words. “They can’t do this. I- even if you’ll be fine, don’t you want to be here? To stay and finish out the year?” Stay with me? It was unspoken, words that she refused to be weak enough to beg for but they were there, lingering in the air between them. “I just- this makes no sense Zane.”

King

Something happened with Sora? As bad of a friend as it made him, all his anxiety over Zane went out the window. Zane was heading upstairs with a first aid kit in hand and King was only a step or two behind. Cut her hand? On what? And why was it bad enough to need more than a band aid? King stayed a step back as Zane opened the door to the girls room, leaning against the wall a bit. However when Zane said it was more than a cut, King stiffened, standing up straight and moving closer as Zane and Somin left the room. Somin shot a few words at him that for once didn’t feel like an attack, it felt like a genuine warning, she was worried about Sora. What in the fuck happened?

Sora tried to scramble out of he room only to be met with Kings chest, he reached out one hand to steady her, holding the small of her back as he looked down at her. Something in him snapped. “Sit.” He let her go, gently pushing her back into the room. There was no opening for any sort of escape or argument. King moved to the bathroom, getting a clean towel and dampening part of it with warm water before returning to her room and shutting the door behind him. “Sora, just breathe for a second okay. Sit down.” He pleaded with her, waiting for her to take a seat on her bed before moving to kneel before her.

“What happened, and why are you trying to hide it from me?” King opened the first aid kit and pulled out a few antibacterial wipes to gently begin cleaning up some of the scrapes on her face. It wasn’t lost on him that she tried to hide this, saying it was just a cut and locking herself in here with Somin. She didn’t call him. She didn’t ask for his help. When he was in the hallway she was actively trying to run and hide this from him. Why? What had happened that she wanted him to be left out of? “Did some guy do this to you? Seriously Sora, I’ll find him and kill him. I mean it.” Kings mind went to that asshole on the sidewalk not that long ago and his eyes hardened. He doubted it was the same guy but what if it was a similar situation and this time King wasn’t there to scare them off? “Please tell me the truth Sora, this wasn’t some accident. Look at you!” His voice cracked on the last part, his eyes lining with silvery tears that he blinked back. He was so fucking angry and not with her… with himself. With whoever did this. It wasn’t like he could be there 24/7 but now this was the second thing today that stupid meetings got in the way of. How many times would his career get in the way of his life because of overbearing assistants and managers?

Jung

“I’m not worried.” Jung lied through his teeth as they rolled up to the large home, well large to him. He and his family growing up were nothing near poor but this was still excessive to him. His home was large, two stories with four bedrooms, it was large but modest compared to a lot of their family friends and people he knew from school. Though looking at it from the outside he already knew that they could have had something much larger, more ornate. That was a good sign right? They were down to earth to some degree. He knew Lees father through a few classes but that was about it. He really only knew of her mother.

They all made their way inside and things happened fast. Lee dodged her mom, introduced him and then swiftly made a break for the alcohol. “I-uh. Okay.” Tae was quick to joke and Suua stepped in to smooth things over with Yuir. Jung just stood and ran a hand through his hair before giving the woman a warm smile. She looked a lot like Lee, it was easy to see from this close. The only real difference was their hair. “It’s very nice to meet you, you have a lovely home. Thank you for inviting me.”

In the other room Jung could hear the exchange between Tae and his father, it made him cringe and reminded him of his own dad. Jung moved his way past the entrance to the living room and found Lee, patting her shoulder gently before giving her a smile. “Want some help with the drinks?” He turned to the room and watched as Suua ran out with her hand over her mouth. Going well already. “Would anyone like a refill?”

Sora

The moment he looked at her she knew there was no getting out of this. Kings tone was new to her. While Sora was the only person in the world to not be off put by his temper, this was different. Sora didn't argue as she silently made her way to the bed to sit down, completely ready for whatever storm was to come. Before she knew it he was back and cleaning her up with the most serious look she had ever seen on his face, not so much as wincing as the wipes stung the multiple cuts on her face. All she could do was focus on his words.

“What? No! No guys a-and no killing, please.” Sora thought to lie to him again, to fashion a better excuse than a fall or cut, but the quick glimpse of silver in his eyes broke her down. Her shoulders visibly relaxed, her fingers gently pushing a few brightly colored locks out of his face. King's toxic trait was anger, Sora's was deflection. Lovely traits they inherited from their parents. With a small, pained whimper she pulled the hem of the large sweater to reveal some of the foot shaped bruises that were forming on her abdomen. No more lies, no more deflection. “It was just some girls, okay?"

The shirt covered the bruises once more, her fingers anxiously fussing with her sleeves. "I’ve been getting texts and voicemails for weeks telling me to stay away from you. I... thought they were jealous fan girls. Remember those crazy girls when we first started dating? I thought they'd be like them and trash my locker." Sora would give anything to ease the overwhelming emotions coursing through him, it was breaking her heart seeing King like this. It was obvious that he was blaming himself and for the life of her she didn't understand why.

“Ji honey, nothing could’ve been done to prevent this. Even if I had told you, what could you have done? Scold your fans? You know that'd only make them more mad. Escort me around? You don't have the time and I would never burden you like that. Hire a guard like dad did the first year of high school? I was distracted when I shouldn’t have been. I’ll do better next time.” Her hands moved to cup his face, her thumbs gently caressing his cheek as she tried to comfort him, to ground him. "I love you. No matter the good, no matter the bad." Doe like brown eyes softened as she met his gaze, imploring him to truly listen. "I made the mistake and listened to your dad. I fucked up a-and I can never fix that. I won't let these girls get the best of me-- you shouldn't either. Our best bet is to pretend this never happened." Even if it would take a week for her split lip and cuts to heal, even longer for the bruises.

"From now on you'll be my first call no matter what. I promise. So- just, don't leave me. I need you." Tears began to stream down her cheeks, ones that she quickly tried to wipe away with the back of her hands to try to hide from him. That's what it all boiled down to. Sora was terrified that he'd want to protect her so badly he'd leave her. Losing King again would break her.

Last edited:
Woo Lee

Tae could save the scolding for someone who cared. She said it, didn't she? That was more than she could say for Suua, even more than Tae. Tap dancing around the subject wasn't going to help any. Both of her parents had met Jung, her mom adored him, and Jin could see he was a smart, hard working man. What wasn't to like? Besides, making a big deal out of it would warrant a big reaction. That was the last thing she wanted. The family could just be happy that she was happy, that she wasn't with some fucking thug anymore, and drop the subject.

"That's Lee for you. Make yourself comfortable Jung. Our home is your home." Jin couldn't help but chuckle from his seat, his eyes following his daughter as she veered for the alcohol. Jin and Yuri, hell, the whole family was well aware of how blunt she could be. At this point everyone just found it endearing; she was a little rough around the edges but she would do anything and everything to protect Suua and Tae, this was just her way of introducing Jung to the family as someone who she would protect at all costs.

"Hmm?" Blue eyes glanced sidelong at the voice at her side, a small smile spreading on her face at the sight of him. Already Yuri was off whispering obnoxiously loudly to her father about how cute they were, oohing and aahing them. Surely the woman was going down memory lane about how their relationship started, their school days, and how they were reunited after graduation. Obnoxious, her parents were so obnoxious all she could do was chuckle. "Great, you offered to refill their drinks. Now you'll be invited to every family gathering." Her hip playfully bumped his before her small form nestled into him for a small side hug, her free hand wrapping around his waist for a moment as she took a small drink of the whiskey.

So far everything was going over well save for Suua introducing Tae as her boyfriend. That looked like it was going rough as she ran off to presumably go vomit. On some level she completely understood her sisters anxieties, they were completely valid and the relationship could cause strife at first. She didn't shame Suua at all, didn't belittle her, all she could do was provide her support and understanding. This was for Suua or Tae to do. Lee couldn't help them with this and that alone made her uneasy.

Apparently she had gotten so distracted by her friends that she didn't see her father approach them. The man was taller, dark haired with a kind smile plastered on his face. Like her mother he looked young still, he dressed in a casual suit like he had worked earlier, presumably because he did. Lee did tire of hearing how many girls had a crush on her father. "Congratulations are in order for you both on passing the entrance audition again." Lee didn't dodge the hug Jin pulled her into, she simply let out a bothersome groan before giving him a small squeeze in return, replying with an unenthusiastic, "Thanks." Once released from the hug she moved quietly to refill his glass of wine.

"You don't have to be so tense here, Jung. It's obvious how happy you make our daughter, and for that we're grateful. That's all we wnat for her in life." Instantly Lee's face went red and she shot him a stern look. "Oi, shoo old man. You drunks can fill your own glass if you're intent on embarrassing me." With a small huff she finished off her drink, quickly filling it once more before passing it into Jung. "You'll need this."

Last edited:
Zane.

His dark eyes looked down at the warm hands that held his and he couldn't help the thumbs that caressed her, his hands turning and holding on tight to her. He had been feeling like he was freefalling this entire week, that he'd land on the ground and burst when he came clean, but she was cushioning the blow. All he wanted to do was kiss her and thank her. "You know I'd be a shitty post man. I'd probably read everyone's mail." It was a bad attempt at a joke but he couldn't help it, smirking up at her ever so slightly. He had never had this kind of support, not even from his parents. Somin was the epitome of a dream come true, and he felt even shittier for keeping this from her.

As her her lips met his cheek he felt his face heat up, the tears well and dried up by now. His hand slipped from hers and wrapped around her waist as she rested her head against his shoulder, pulling her close so he could hold her. A small sigh passed his lips, quietly taking in her scent as he enjoyed the brief moment of peace. And, boy what a brief moment it was. The next thing he knew she was pulling away, the rage filled Somin back in full color. Honestly, it made him smirk slightly. "Hey hey, didn't I say 'don't be angry? I think this constitutes as anger." Zane placed his hands behind him and leaned back on the bed. He simply listened to her, watching with mildly amused eyes as she paced and ranted.

"Minho and I have been doing everything to figure this out. Truth be told I was hoping we'd figure something out before it came to, well, this." Zane motioned to the bare bed and desk. "He's giving the board one last plea before he comes over. I didn't want to tell you just in case we figured a way out of it, but I'm an idiot." There was a shift in her words though that tugged on their bond, on his heart strings. The smirk faded and Zane quickly stood, moving to stand in front of her and in turn taking her face in his large hands. "Hey," he tilted her face up so he could meet her gaze, his eyes gentle yet firm all at the same time, "Of course I want to stay and finish the year. I never want to leave you, Somin." His thumb gently caressed her cheek, one hand falling and snaking around her waist to pull her body to his.

Gently he leaned down and pressed his forehead to hers, their faces close enough so they were sharing the same breath. "I love you more than anything. I fucked up and I'm sorry won't fix this. If I have to get on my hands and knees to beg the board for another chance then I'll do it. This will be temporary, I promise. You can't get rid of me that easy." Again the playful smirk. He leaned in to press a long, loving kiss to her lips, his hand moving to the back of her head to smooth out her hair sweetly. Unfortunately his phone began to chime in his pocket, causing an irritated groan to pass his lips and pull him from her. "Sorry," he quietly muttered, the hand on her hair falling and pulling the phone out, his eyes scanning over the text from Minho.

"Good and bad news. Let me guess, bad news first?" Zane stood to his full height, keeping his arm around her to keep her close. "Bad news, he's here. Good news? I've got an audition in a week. Want to help me prep for it? You are my partner this year after all, right? Plus you know, the best and most gorgeous, talented girlfriend in the whole entire world. You'd be doing me a disservice not taking me under your wing, babe."

Gi Tae

Well this was already going swimmingly. Within five minutes of their arrival Suua was already going for Hoya's throat, and honestly Tae was living for it. He appreciated it more than she knew. Tae and Hoya were always fighting, but at the end of the day the man was his dad, his manager, the biggest name in the choreography industry and Tae always had to back down from the fight. Suua just didn't give a single shit what his dad thought, and he always admired that about her. For now all he could do was chuckle nervously, his cheeks heating up ever so slightly at her words. It was never Suua's job to protect him from Eun, but the fact that she could see how poorly he was treated touched him. It was his dumbass fault for getting involved with her in the first place in the end, but gods damn did it feel good to have someone consistently on his side. His hand brushed against her waist subtly as if to thank her, without actually thanking her and making his love for her obvious in front of everyone.

Suua moved to greet her parents and Tae did the same. "Mother," He flashed a rare, gentle smile as he stepped over to greet Rosee with a tight hug. His father could get fucked for all he cared, but his mom always got a hug. Tae stood as tall as his father and towered over his mother, but she'd always be her baby. He was thankful for at least one decent parent. Rosee compared to Tae and Hoya was like night and day; a light pink chiffon dress, classy and elegant, and the two of them were always clad in black and leather. There was no denying he was always a momma's boy. "And you're well? Eating? Staying hydrated? I know you always pull long hours when you're in the studio, and I worry." "I'm fine, mother. I worry more about you living in the house alone with him. But, yes. I drink and eat just fine." He'd never worry about his dad hurting his mom, it was just him throwing shade at his father on the couch. All Hoya did was roll his eyes.

That is, until the fire was brought up. "Har har. Mother taught me to cook, and Hoya's not even allowed in the kitchen after that." Everyone was having a good laugh about it, save for Hoya who rolled his eyes again. Such a bump on the log. The next thing he knew Suua was doing introductions and he tensed, fully ready to get this done and over with. Only, she was excusing herself and all he could do was sigh quietly. "I'll check on her." All this stress had to be weighing on her. As he walked to the stairs he grabbed a bottle of water.

"Suua? Babe?" The water was running in the bathroom and it made it easy to find where she had went. Tae leaned against the door and knocked quietly on it when he didn't hear her vomiting at all, all he could hear was the sound of the running faucet. No words, no crying, at least that was a good sign. Gently he tried the handle to find it unlocked, and while he'd never walk in on a woman in a bathroom he had a strong feeling she left it unlocked for a reason. "It's just me." Tae spoke with a gentleness in his tone he reserved specifically for her. With a small, empathetic smile he looked to her upon his entry, seeing the stress etched in her features. This shouldn't be this hard, yet it was. It was hard for her and while he didn't understand, he sympathized.

"Here." Quietly he cracked the top to the bottle before setting it on the marble countertop. "We don't have to do this, you know." Tae stepped towards her and looked through the mirror at her reflection, his strong hand rubbing her back in slow circles to comfort her. "Don't stress yourself out like this. We'll tell them, but we'll tell them when you're ready. Okay? We can just have a nice dinner with the family and watch them fawn over Lee and Jung. I'm sure Lee would hate it but, I'd get a kick out of it." His smile turned into a playful smirk at the thought of it. Lee would kill them if she was the only one to announce her boyfriend. Fuck, he was pretty sure at that point she'd out them for them.

"Are you scared they'd be disappointed?" It wasn't often Tae let himself be vulnerable. The question had been lurking in the back of his head for a while now. That'd be the only reason she'd be nervous to out them, right? He was Hoya's son after all, Suua hated the man. Her mother barely tolerated his fathers presence, and maybe deep down that's how she felt about him too? Her mother was always welcoming of him, kind to him, he hoped she didn't dislike him. And her father was the only real dad he ever had. The thought physically pained him, but it was a question he had to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back