• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern h e a r t l i n e | | aka live, laugh, levophed | | med drama rp | | ooc

Characters
Here
Other
Here

bprelac

managing
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
L6DG.gif

this fantasy, this fallacy, this tumbling stone
_______________________________________________________________________________​
the communal break rooms for medical staff are a safe haven for all those whose backs carry the lives of a hundred people daily. there are three unwritten rules regarding the break rooms - one; whenever the coffee and tea stock are depleted, whoever had the last cup has to refill them. two; there won't be any mention of any medical jargon included but not limited to: patients in care, exam season, residency matches et cetera. three; whatever happens in the break rooms, stays in the break rooms.

• ooc thread for heartline, a med drama rp. for now we'll keep all discussion to this thread; in case it gets chaotic there's a possibility of moving to discord for ooc if all participants agree.

Last edited:
ayoooo! so basically a couple of short points -
  • i wont be putting a cap on the amount of characters yall can have. as much as you think you can handle while keeping a quality post length and content wise is fine by me.
  • we'll be going by the american healthcare system in regards to the hospital hierarchy (https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/levels-of-doctor INFOGRAPHIC: 16 Types of Nurses Including Job Descriptions and Salary and however many different types of nurses and techs there are in the us) and methods of business. healthcare is mostly private, the button is however a public hospital and has relief programs in place to accommodate for the less fortunate ones w/ no healthcare coverage
  • go wild w/ the specialties! the button is conceptualized to be a veeeery large hospital
  • there are certain roles that will need to be filled out in the sense of medical director etc etc, however if there won't be any interest in those positions i'll whip up a placeholder/npc for everyone to use
aight that covers some basics till the rest of the threads get pulled up. hi! my name's kate, 4th year vetmed student and i'll be playing an ophtalmic surgery attending, senior GI resident and cna in nursing school!

I'm leaning towards playing some kind of surgeon. Still deciding on specifics.

if we do end up moving to discord i'd be happy to help you run a server if you'd like ^_^ i've been using discord for years.

also i think i'll be creating an emergency medicine resident, maybe another character too depending on my muse but i'm a college student so one character might be all i can manage.

oooh actually i just realized the old oc i've been planning to dust off and use for this (the aforementioned emergency res) has an adolescent daughter, i was originally planning on her being a minor character but if it's okay with you i think having her run around the hospital from time to time could make for some interesting plots!

hey there! so excited to be a part of this thread and see where this story goes! i'm interested in playing a trauma surgeon named nicholas who specializes in surgical critical care. he's in his mid-forties and has been in the field for a semi-decent chunk of time.

looking forward to delve deeper into this plot!

I'm leaning towards playing some kind of surgeon. Still deciding on specifics.
take all the time you need! ^^ if you need help coming up w/ a specialty that fits w/ your character i'm always up for brainstorming!

if we do end up moving to discord i'd be happy to help you run a server if you'd like ^_^ i've been using discord for years.

also i think i'll be creating an emergency medicine resident, maybe another character too depending on my muse but i'm a college student so one character might be all i can manage.
oooh actually i just realized the old oc i've been planning to dust off and use for this (the aforementioned emergency res) has an adolescent daughter, i was originally planning on her being a minor character but if it's okay with you i think having her run around the hospital from time to time could make for some interesting plots!
aaaa thank you for the offer!! yeah i'd def need help bc i've never actually hosted a server on disc haha whoops even tho i've been using it for years :'D
sounds great! anything that can be used as a plot device is welcome hehe. my ophtal surg attending has a wife that may pop in from time to time as well to push things forward ^^ also dw about the quantity of charas you'll have especially since we're probs knee deep in similar shit regarding college :coolshades:

hey there! so excited to be a part of this thread and see where this story goes! i'm interested in playing a trauma surgeon named nicholas who specializes in surgical critical care. he's in his mid-forties and has been in the field for a semi-decent chunk of time.

looking forward to delve deeper into this plot!
i'm excited to rp with yall!! if you have any ideas for plots don't refrain from throwing them @ us hehe.

i've created the cs thread so if yall could post at the very least a placeholder for your charas that'd be lovely! take your time tho i'm in no rush + i'm in the process of writing my own charas up. regarding the initial plot - i was thinking of starting casually for the first few posts, slice of life style until we figure the dynamics of the staff out, and then maybe throw in some sort of catastrophe eg. flood, power outage?

take all the time you need! ^^ if you need help coming up w/ a specialty that fits w/ your character i'm always up for brainstorming!
Awesome! I will keep this in mind once I have a character more fleshed out. I don't come from a medical background either so will definitely be researching some things to help in portraying this more realistically.

working on my character sheet here! hoping to get something finalized by the eod today. also potentially looking at adding in a second character here as a respiratory therapist!

Upon going down the research rabbit hole I'm now considering playing an Anesthesiologist rather than a surgeon.

ooooooh i cant wait for the actual start hehe! finishing up visnja's form && moving onto damien but will be posting all three at once. in the meantime, discord! thatonegirl28 thatonegirl28 i'll take you up on the offer because i don't know what the duck i'm even doing with this ---

but yes, discord link here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back