• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern GUNS, HORSES & DISHONEST MEN [western]

arthur morgan.

be loyal to what matters
discord link: Join the GUNS, HORSES & DISHONEST MEN Discord Server!
— GUNS HORSES & DISHONEST MEN !
the frontier is no place for city slickers
01. introduction.

Criminals, misfits, loners and just people that the world didn’t want— this small group came together and have been glued for quite sometime. While the origins of this group is dark and saddening, it’s not brought up and peoples back stories are kept to oneself. An air of mystery surrounds the members, years of distrust and disloyalty has kept each other on their guard almost constantly— but hey, they’ve gotten this far.

Soren Penrose Bluebelle, the gangs founder and ‘leader’ is who started it all. He left his life of defending the law to now breaking it, doing everything he once vowed never to do; he now does. The thought of running with strangers was never the plan, he wanted to run the plains alone and die alone— he’s a sour, miserable man that just wants to be left to his own dismay.

But sadly for him, while he’s a bitter old man… Soren still has a soft heart, no matter how much he wants to close that part of him off. The one time he saves a person from a gruesome death, they wished to follow with Soren- stating that running with numbers is better then being alone. He should have let them drown the fool, Soren told em off and that he just wanted to be left alone.

Again, poor Soren— this fellow wasn’t easy to brush off and followed the man from afar until Soren was less hostile the closer they got to him. Now, Soren has become the reluctant leader of this messed up posse as they make mayhem whenever they end up.

----
While our group was built upon the rubble of the founders misfortune, they have appeared to make themselves profitable and somewhat functional. Becoming a group of vengeance seekers and taking on tasks that like their pockets with gold— everything is done at a price and nothing is done for free.. more or less. Having had picked up on the trade of helping lawless towns; those that are desperate enough for their help and Native tribes throughout the western plains, they have built themselves an interesting reputation. While being a group of ex-criminals and thieves, they seem to be doing some good— However, it means as though our group has gotten themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place. Forced to help a struggling sheriff combat a band of bandits that have taken control of all the surrounding towns, destroying everything within their path. In hindsight, the group could have turned an eye; but something within their founders kept them from doing so, a personal code perhaps? perhaps it’s to spread justice to those that deserve it and change the perspective of the world? you knows, but what they do know is that they must utilize their skills in order to survive the treck through the *insert area name*— one of the most dangerous parts of the frontier on an even more dangerous journey.

02. rules.
RULE 01. the basic set of rules you feel me, be respectful, don't be an asshole and just be fun to be around. I don't really need to go into depth about this, however if you have any issues with another player pls send me a private message and I will help take of the issue. I have a three strike policy with all of my roleplays- you have three chances and after the last one you will be banned from my thread and any future ones.

RULE 02. all plotting will be done on discord!

RULE 03. pls try and keep your characters accurate to the time era, so no cell phones, lap tops, state of the art tecnology and medicines .. they didn't have all that stuff in this era; also when talking about Native American culture try and be as accurate as you can, their culture isn't represented often and when it is it isn't correct so I ask that you respect that

RULE 04. realistic face claims only, try and find one that recembols the time era the best u can but I am not strict about that

RULE 05. no perfect characters, give them flaws. any power playing I will remind you not to do that unless u have permission with whoever your interacting with.

RULE 05. two character limit for now, depending on how many people join I will raise the limit, however you may play as many npc as you want! will grant more freedoms with npc since they will very rarely be played throughout the rp

RULE 06. minimum of at least 500 words, this will be semi advance! you can write however must you wish, but don’t go crazy and burn yourself out

RULE 07. any big plots should be run by me please and thanks

03. roles.
(despite the camp role you have, everyone is able do anything and everything; you must pull your weight within the gang or you will not survive + besides the hand maid role, anyone can have any role— just to clarify anything bc reading it it does make it seem like a different narrative lol)

GANG LEADER — self explanatory, they make the final say and often is the one that will hand out responsibilities for others to do-- this is self explanatory though. taken
SECOND IN COMMAND
— self explanatory, they help the leader make decisions and take control when they are unable to lead. with the start up of the gang, the second was the one that established the roles and what people were good at. they help the leader a lot, most likely the second person to join the gang. open
CAMP ADMINISTRATOR
— keeps everything within camp tidy, really is the glue to keeping this place from turning into a landfill. kinda like a camp mom in a sense taken
MAID-HAND
— normally a woman’s role, those that are unable to contribute outside the gang as much as everyone else; they follow orders from the camp administrator and help keep the place clean. they aren’t bound to the camp, they can leave once camp chores are finished and such
BOOKKEEPER — essentially keeps tabs on what the group spends and how much they have, also keen on money laundering and being a loan shark. they find ways to save the group money while also making money, able to keep them afloat even if they don’t have much. taken
COOK
— another one that is self explanatory, they are in-charge of making sure the camp is well fed and takes note of their rations and so forth. they are the ones that actually know how to cook and can make anything taste good with what they have. open
GUNMEN
— makeup majority of the gang, they rob, kill and word for the group. doing what they can to contribute to the cash box, really they have free reign as to how they get the money— as long as u don’t get caught and bring trouble back to camp. 1/open
HUNTERS
— are more keen on bringing in game animals for the gang, they are more prone to using long range weapons and are often seen using stealth. also do a lot more of the spying for the group, they have a heavy role within camp as they help feed the camp and give vital information. 1/open

code by leviathan. leviathan.

Last edited:
Have included a discord link to those that are interested in joining; if you have any questions about this just post on this interest check and i’ll answer it the best i can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back