• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Guardians OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I think its more so just down to the fact that good and evil are such abstract/arbitrary constructs.
true.good and evil are abstracts, its better categorized and "friend of the revolution" enemy of the revolution" "tyrant." which even then are arbitrary.... in a bit I can send you the criteria for what Patria deems necessary to fit into a category?

true.good and evil are abstracts, its better categorized and "friend of the revolution" enemy of the revolution" "tyrant." which even then are arbitrary.... in a bit I can send you the criteria for what Patria deems necessary to fit into a category?

That would definitely help my decision

Freind of the revolution:
most people
any political activist for Liberty (Myanmar coup, the revolutionary against the military junta)) equality ((like the BLM movement)) and Fraternety ((activists against gun violence, for example))
anyone who wants to genuinely help others and make the world a better place, no matter their personal political veiws
members of the prolitariate that do not contradict the "genuinely wants to help others"
children and inocents
members of disenfranchised groups that do not contradict the "genuinely wants to help others"

Enemy of the Revolution
Billionairs
The soldiers of tyrants who have been drafted OR brainwashed against their will into joining
non-tyranical government officials

Tyrants
tyrants, monarchs, and all other perpetraitors of autocratic and authoritarian goverments
those who have been corupted by power and are power-hungry

yeah that's it. most people are the first group DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

Freind of the revolution:
most people
any political activist for Liberty (Myanmar coup, the revolutionary against the military junta)) equality ((like the BLM movement)) and Fraternety ((activists against gun violence, for example))
anyone who wants to genuinely help others and make the world a better place, no matter their personal political veiws
members of the prolitariate that do not contradict the "genuinely wants to help others"
children and inocents
members of disenfranchised groups that do not contradict the "genuinely wants to help others"

Enemy of the Revolution
Billionairs
The soldiers of tyrants who have been drafted OR brainwashed against their will into joining
non-tyranical government officials

Tyrants
tyrants, monarchs, and all other perpetraitors of autocratic and authoritarian goverments
those who have been corupted by power and are power-hungry

yeah that's it. most people are the first group DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

Let me sleep on it

Let me sleep on it
If anything, it would be fun to have a very different character with wildly unique motivations compared to what we're used to as "conventional heroes".

However... I still think Mari's powers make them not an ideal fit for a team. Especially a team that has at least one billionaire on it. At best it would cause friction, at worse what Mari stands for is fundamentally opposed to what the guardians stand for.

But ALSO, canonically, we could still make it work. If the world is short of heroes and Mari is one of the only options, then maybe Mari and Nightwatch can put their differences aside to work together.

But ALSO, canonically, we could still make it work. If the world is short of heroes and Mari is one of the only options, then maybe Mari and Nightwatch can put their differences aside to work together.
and that is precicly what i mean? a little friction is what makes the group dynamic interesting.

and that is precicly what i mean? a little friction is what makes the group dynamic interesting.

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for, at least. But for it to be a "little" friction, Mari would need to be more in control of their own power. After all, Mari considers billionaires their enemies, and Nightwatch is of course a billionaire, doesn't that make Mari directly opposing Nightwatch?

Again, I'm not the one making decisions here. It's Dapper that you need to convince.

I’m just struggling to figure out how Caelan fits into all this. He’d probably simultaneously fit the “friend of the revolution” (due to him being a poor college student trying to make it by, and also genuinely trying to make the world a better place) and the “enemy of the revolution” (due to him being part of a hero organization led by a billionaire). So I’d say Caelan would be put off by that double standard from Mari. Maybe they start off as enemies but then warm up to each other.

I’m just struggling to figure out how Caelan fits into all this. He’d probably simultaneously fit the “friend of the revolution” (due to him being a poor college student trying to make it by, and also genuinely trying to make the world a better place) and the “enemy of the revolution” (due to him being part of a hero organization led by a billionaire). So I’d say Caelan would be put off by that double standard from Mari. Maybe they start off as enemies but then warm up to each other.
This is almost exactly how I see it working with Maz too. I suppose Mari could be that haughty, judgemental character who drives the rest of the team into disliking them, but eventually they might all understand each other better. Or maybe they wont

while yes, mari wouldent like richard a ton, they would have no grudge against the others.... of course, mari isn't the nicest person by far, though they do mean well. and even then, they know that the group is moving to help others, so they arent truly against anyone. and yes, they will be in control most of the time.... only rarely will they slip.... they are quite good at controlling and hiding their emotions. sorry!

besides, mari is only opposed to nightwatch from an ideological standpoint, and they probably respect the guy for at least trying to help, even if he is a capitalist.

Actually I think a more interesting dynamic would be Caelan and Mari continuing to hate each other throughout. Like, Caelan doesn’t really like nor understand politics, and her whole life is completely absorbed in politics, so it’s natural that they’d butt heads. It’s like Caelan would say “Goddamn it Mari, get your politics out of my hero work” and then Mari responds with “You’re part of the problem”.

yutohase yutohase that sounds like a geat charictar dynamic! though mari would probably respond with "work IS politics" because quoting musicals and emma goldman go brrrr

Mari and Caelen: *angry glare at the bad pun*
and now the two are united with a common goal. the Anti Dad Joke Alyance, or ADJA

.... adhd hase gifted me with the power of many things.... having several musicals memorized, being able to do logic problems with ease, absorbing knowledge on history..... but it has not given me the power to spell.... or use basic arithmetic. and also a type kinda fast.... sorry!

"yolo, homos" ~probably me at some point

ok good, I got kinda worried. wheeeeEEEE anxietyyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back