• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom GTX: Gnu Forks - A Glitch Techs Tribute RP [Interest Check - Always open!]

Gadg8eer

K.i.D Player 10
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
kbKmXGh.png

Okay, so... Compared to my other RP, this one is a pretty simple fandom RP in a similar setting to the actual show, so everything that occurs should attempt to be "original flavor" but in a different locale (a map will be provided to the players on request). Thanks to Hinobi's "new" plixel-based Xtended Reality "Avatar" technology, your OCs can be anything that you could imagine a video game character or metaverse avatar being, but in the otherwise-unchanged regular physical world.

All the players are Glitch Techs at Hinobi Store No. 10,810 (a.k.a the "Gnu Fork" branch), owned and operated by a CAF veteran known to his staff only as "Davenport". His only current employees are...

Eddy Davenport
DportEd

"Dave" for short, a fat but cheerful guy with a PTSD trigger of being tapped on the shoulder from his time as a communications veteran in the Canadian Army (apparently he got tapped on the shoulder during a particularly tense moment). Wears a red shirt and black pants. Doesn't take kindly to Karens.

Skipper
Davenport's robot support dog and Alexalike, built by Hinobi at around the same time as the BITT series that Phil had in the show. Skipper identifies as female and is capable of speech, but otherwise is very much a friendly canine companion!

Kelen Davenport
Narbohydrates

Davenport's wife. Currently an unaging avatar by little choice, due to having lethal cancer throughout her body.

Zeke Daniels
iQ
A sickly, tall but skinny white nerd "mad scientist" with chronic migranes who only does phone repair and never goes out in the field, but loves hearing about the adventures everyone else goes on. Not really an action guy, his interest is more of a curious bystander and his role more like Q in James Bond than an actual Glitch Tech proper. Dresses in a white lab coat, sweatpants and faded Chomp Kitty t-shirt.

Sashiim Al-Samie
n0biTunes

Pakistani immigrant turned Atheist geek who knows audio equipment and has a video editing gig on the side. Too busy with his jobs to be a Tech.

Henrietta Baker
rietteGrrl
Perky African-American goth girl gamer, fan of Andy Husshrew's webcomic "Gnomestuck", and camera enthusiast who runs the photography section of the store. Also makes sure nobody, but nobi-buddy, is able to get photo evidence of Glitches that isn't able to be passed off as a UFO or a blurry photo of a Sasquatch.

Tobi Sox
Hinobi-Tobi

Somewhat bulky but very entertaining asian gamer girl with a blue-and-pink hair dye and clothing style, who also works in the photography section when not out hunting glitches. Cosplays as Helpy when out in the field. Wants to become a Hinobi game developer.

Juan-Phillipe Bonilla
Ready_Player_Juan
The main Glitch Tech to actually do field work in Gnu Fork. Also works the front desk when Dave is unavailable.

That should cover everything you would need to know, since this RP is one you're supposed to go into blind. Character signup thread HERE.

Also, here's a Spotify playlist!

Last edited:
I already have the lineart for my character "ZoeIRL" Self Proclaimed "Pervayer of Shitty games" and "World's greatest speedrunner."

Despite her skill at video games, she seriously lacks in the social department and gets angry at real-person things, or if games are genuinely shitty, that makes her angry too. She has a bunch of pens in her jacket although I've never seen her write anything down.

She uses her Avatar for Vtuber streaming and has been informally banned from competitive play among a lot of the other Vtubers because she kept on stomping everyone at even the most casual shit like Mario Kart and it stopped being fun because something in her brain makes it hard for her to hold back. (God forbid you try to one up her in her home territory games: Skullchicks, Darkletter, Sins of Purgatory, World of Hate, or WORLD TREE: ONLINE.)

She used to stream a lot of bad HES and SHES shovelware but she ran out a year ago.

The revolving crown of Bones around her head can extend to pierce targets, although she's mainly a brawler.
image_2023-06-17_215009730.png
If the RP does go on (I sincerely hope it does) Working for Hinobi would be the first actual job she's had... Ever.

I already have the lineart for my character "ZoeIRL" Self Proclaimed "Pervayer of Shitty games" and "World's greatest speedrunner."

Despite her skill at video games, she seriously lacks in the social department and gets angry at real-person things, or if games are genuinely shitty, that makes her angry too. She has a bunch of pens in her jacket although I've never seen her write anything down.

She uses her Avatar for Vtuber streaming and has been informally banned from competitive play among a lot of the other Vtubers because she kept on stomping everyone at even the most casual shit like Mario Kart and it stopped being fun because something in her brain makes it hard for her to hold back. (God forbid you try to one up her in her home territory games: Skullchicks, Darkletter, Sins of Purgatory, World of Hate, or WORLD TREE: ONLINE.)

She used to stream a lot of bad HES and SHES shovelware but she ran out a year ago.

The revolving crown of Bones around her head can extend to pierce targets, although she's mainly a brawler.
View attachment 1095335
If the RP does go on (I sincerely hope it does) Working for Hinobi would be the first actual job she's had... Ever.
Can you repost this post in the character thread? At the very least it's definitely already accepted!

kbKmXGh.png

Okay, so... Compared to my other RP, this one is a pretty simple fandom RP in a similar setting to the actual show, so everything that occurs should attempt to be "original flavor" but in a different locale (a map will be provided to the players on request). Thanks to Hinobi's "new" plixel-based Xtended Reality "Avatar" technology, your OCs can be anything that you could imagine a video game character or metaverse avatar being, but in the otherwise-unchanged regular physical world.

All the players are Glitch Techs at Hinobi Store No. 10,810 (a.k.a the "Gnu Fork" branch), owned and operated by a CAF veteran known to his staff only as "Davenport". His only current employees are...

Eddy Davenport
DportEd

"Dave" for short, a fat but cheerful guy with a PTSD trigger of being tapped on the shoulder from his time as a communications veteran in the Canadian Army (apparently he got tapped on the shoulder during a particularly tense moment). Wears a red shirt and black pants. Doesn't take kindly to Karens.

Skipper
Davenport's robot support dog and Alexalike, built by Hinobi at around the same time as the BITT series that Phil had in the show. Skipper identifies as female and is capable of speech, but otherwise is very much a friendly canine companion!

Kelen Davenport
Narbohydrates

Davenport's wife. Currently an unaging avatar by little choice, due to having lethal cancer throughout her body.

Zeke Daniels
iQ
A sickly, tall but skinny white nerd "mad scientist" with chronic migranes who only does phone repair and never goes out in the field, but loves hearing about the adventures everyone else goes on. Not really an action guy, his interest is more of a curious bystander and his role more like Q in James Bond than an actual Glitch Tech proper. Dresses in a white lab coat, sweatpants and faded Chomp Kitty t-shirt.

Sashiim Al-Samie
n0biTunes

Pakistani immigrant turned Atheist geek who knows audio equipment and has a video editing gig on the side. Too busy with his jobs to be a Tech.

Henrietta Baker
rietteGrrl
Perky African-American goth girl gamer, fan of Andy Husshrew's webcomic "Gnomestuck", and camera enthusiast who runs the photography section of the store. Also makes sure nobody, but nobi-buddy, is able to get photo evidence of Glitches that isn't able to be passed off as a UFO or a blurry photo of a Sasquatch.

Tobi Sox
Hinobi-Tobi

Somewhat bulky but very entertaining asian gamer girl with a blue-and-pink hair dye and clothing style, who also works in the photography section when not out hunting glitches. Cosplays as Helpy when out in the field. Wants to become a Hinobi game developer.

Juan-Phillipe Bonilla
Ready_Player_Juan
The main Glitch Tech to actually do field work in Gnu Fork. Also works the front desk when Dave is unavailable.

That should cover everything you would need to know, since this RP is one you're supposed to go into blind. Character signup thread HERE, please keep your character submissions and discussions about characters there for the sake of organization!

Also, here's a Spotify playlist!

Hey, this still running? I'd love to join it.

Hey, this still running? I'd love to join it.

Yup! Here's the topic for the RP so far... Fandom - (Glitch Techs Xpanded Universe) GTX: Gnu Fork ...and here's the character thread so you can post your character... Fandom - GTX: Gnu Forks - A "Glitch Techs" RP (Character Thread)

You mind being saddled with the extra NPC Tech ("Ready_Player_Juan") or should we do a team of 3 starting in the second "episode"? Also, we have a Guilded server if you're willing to sign up for it but we only use it to plan the RP so it's optional, I'll send you the link via PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back