• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern growing up in seattle - main thread

TW: Mentions of mental health and alludes to depression and anxiety

E

filler! ignore

T

filler! ignore

• Emily Thomas

The Girl Next Door

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
TW: Drugs

B

filler! ignore

H

filler! ignore

• Beth Howard

The Comedic Relief

t

e

o

THE SUNSHINE

mood
word vomit yes.

oufit

tag
poor beth ( neverbackdown neverbackdown )

Teo Choi

Teo Choi had little to no intentions of staying in school today.

Now, don’t get me wrong. He was usually a very good student. He kept his grades average and made sure to submit his assignments on time. But there was just something about today that he just… didn’t vibe with. Were his sun and moon coming into alignment, or did he have some sort of stomach bug riddling his guts? It was neither of those. But I think the main reason for his want to avoid school, especially after lunch, was the fact his father was going to be having a tour of the place. After all, Angus Cummingham needed to at least show he had some sort of interest in the needs of the next generation, right?

And so, Teo walked without a care in the world. Hands in his pockets, humming along with the tune playing through his headphones as he started to venture away from the school grounds. As he made his way to the outskirts, he noticed someone sitting down and having a smoke. Narrowed eyes zoned in on the features of the person from afar, with the boy somewhat fretting that it was a rebellious teacher who would rise and tell him off for trying to leave. But as he grew closer, he began to recognise who it was, and a sigh of relief slipped past his lips.

Beth.

While he wasn’t good friends with Beth like Nat had proven to be at the party over the weekend, Teo still wanted to make some sort of gesture to the poor girl. After all, she had one hell of a night that night. When he thought about it hard enough, he was pretty sure that was the first time he had ever properly spoken to her for more than two minutes. And within that time frame of comforting her with Nat at the party, he had learnt so much not just about her, but about other fellow classmates (well, one classmate in general. The feral chihuahua that left her high and well… not dry, I suppose). But, Teo had a saying. A friend of a friend was a friend of his. Even if you had known him for five years or five seconds, he treated everyone as if they were best friends from the moment they both popped out of the womb.

Yoooo,” he called out as he drew closer to her. Without any hesitation, Teo walked up next to her and took a seat upon the floor. Damn, he really wished he had a skateboard to sit on right about now. He also wished he knew how to skate. That would’ve been awesome. “How you holding up?

As he waited for her answer, Teo shifted his bag into his lap and zipped it open. Without any agency, thought or hesitation, the boy pulled out a cheap school water bottle and took a sip from it like a two-year-old. The only thing was, a two-year-old wouldn’t be drinking what he currently had in his bottle. His face automatically scrunched up at the taste of his father’s vodka that he had snuck into the inconspicuous child’s bottle. He then extended the bottle towards the girl who sat there with her joint. “Swapsies?” he tempted her, giving the bottle a small shake with a grin brightening up his complexion.

Releasing yet another sigh, Teo looked at his surroundings thoughtfully before opening that big, dumb, stupid mouth of his and allowed an onslaught of word vomit just fall with little to no filter. “You know what - I was thinking about it. Yo, fuck that little Ayden dude-” he turned back to Beth, his face scrunched at the thought of the other guy. “You probably saved yourself catching every single sexually transmitted disease that little gerbil is ridden with anyways. So what if he pleasured you, gave you the most amazing orgasm of your life and then ran away? You know what else can do that and not run away afterwards? Vibrators. You should really look into them. The only time they’ll let you down is when you forget to charge them. Now, I’m not talking from experience. This asshole? It’s a ‘no go’ zone. Everything exits, there is no entrance to Mr Choi’s gaping hole.

A sudden pause; and it seemed as if what he had been saying had finally caught up with his mind. The words now actually hitting his ears and he was hearing what he was actually saying. “I guess… what I’m trying to say is… You don’t need to waste your time on dudes. Boys are just… we’re gross. Ugh, so fucking gross. You’re better off spending time looking at catalogues of vibrators - or, to remain inconspicuous, electric toothbrushes. I’m not one to judge. You do you boo.

Oh God, was it finally over?

Or you know what? NFTs. You’re far more better off spending your time and energy on NFTs. I hear they’re going to be the next big thing.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

B

filler! ignore

H

filler! ignore

• Beth Howard

The Comedic Relief

s0ren17
scroll
last saturday turned out to be one of the best nights in a long, long time.

it surprised jack completely. he thought it’d be like the usual, but perhaps worse due to the fact he’d have to get drunk as shit instead of smoking his drug of choice. he admitted he had some cravings being around all the chaos, but he stuck to his goal. with his trusty suboxone script and tipping beer bottle after beer bottle, he’d made it through. well, there was one minor slip up–something he felt only emily would really care about if word went around. he couldn’t blame her for caring so much. she’d told him the first day back from winter break that she’d kill him if she saw him back on opiates or xanax again. fair enough. though halfing a bar in secret with leon wasn’t so bad and leon had been the one to offer it up anyway. it was like getting paid to rid himself of anxiety for the night–who could blame him? besides, after the half bar he did start feeling ten times better. it wasn’t like he was going to start popping them like crazy again. jack knew that.

the only people who’d have witnessed the transaction were himself, leon and–though later on revealed–miyu. the girl had been more observant than he thought. she didn’t seem to have a problem with it–more so just curious so jack explained it was an anti-anxiety medication that he didn’t normally do whilst adding in that she made him a little nervous alongside the white lie. it was a sly cop-out, but technically he hadn’t done any xans at all since he was admitted. so how much of a lie was it really? miyu had given him a smile back and there wasn’t much talk over it afterwards. as long as he kept it underwraps and didn’t pursue them like he used to he’d be fine. jack was confident..until nicki came home.

~

the morning after, jack had spent all day at laury’s recovering and hanging out–not leaving until around nine at night. when he’d finally arrived home from the few days and nights spent at his best friends, it was like a slap in his face that the great weekend was officially over. as he approached his home, seeing as the porch lights were on (aka the one light that still flickered), he realized his mom had to have been home.

but how long has has she been home?--he had thought to himself, closing the rusty gate behind him. jack hadn’t been at his own house nearly since friday night.

the front door was locked which ticked him off immediately. his mom had to have known he was back from rehab by now, just by looking around the house. still, she always did this shit. rather than knocking like he knew she preferred, he walked around the back and hopped over the fence. with his luck, the rain came in fast as he tried to pry open his bedroom window. locked.

now he was getting angry. why the fuck was it locked? it was never fucking locked. she had to have come into his room and locked it herself–which meant she definitely looked through his belongings. belongings of which he probably left sprawled on the carpet. “fucking bitch..” he muttered to himself before pounding the glass once. he cringed in a shiver, feeling the rain starting to pour over.

suddenly it was like jack was thirteen again, sulking underneath the small bit of roofing with his arms draped over his knees. he knew two things. he wanted to be in his room–sheltered from the rain, but he also wasn’t prepared to see his mom after the long few months away from her.

the sliding glass door opened up and there she was–standing in her pajamas and peeking through the door. he didn’t look up at all–keeping his head down at the noise. apart of him felt he was being pathetic about it. he hadn’t seen his mom in months. because she fucking left–like always. it was hard to keep the sore kid inside him at bay and away from any affection towards her while navigating through his own frustration.

“jack? baby–come inside it’s raining cats and dogs outside!” nicki called, still halfway through the doorway.

jack moved slowly, keeping his hood on and walking in with his head down. he didn’t want to fight. he didn’t want to make anything a big deal. the goal was to make it to his room with little to no interaction.

he walked through the door way and attempted to bee-line around the corner to his room.

“hey! take those shoes off, they’re all wet.”

still silent–jack took them off kicking them to the side and started again for his room.

“baby, i missed you so much.” she pleaded softly as if she couldn’t tell by his body language how hurried he was to leave her presence.
“how are you?”

jack looked up at the ceiling in a halt, answering the voice from the kitchen and halfly rolling his eyes. “i’m okay.”

“that’s good. i was worried about you. sorry i didn’t get to visit you in rehab, my love, i was so far i just couldn’t make it back. i hope it wasn’t too bad.”

“it’s cool.” jack felt tense, the annoyance inside him growing every time she had opened her mouth. he had one hand on the door knob, not quite sure what was holding him back from running inside and slamming it behind him.

“i got you and laury a present, it’s not much bu–”

finally, he closed the door behind him. he didn’t slam it. he kept himself from making a show of it. silently, jack locked the door and put his headphones on, throwing his clothes off himself and sinking into the comfort of his bed. before he drifted off to sleep he noticed they smelled sweet–lingering with a sense of warmth that put him to sleep instantly.

~

jack lit a cigarette, leaning against the metal behind him and taking a slow drag. contrary to most days, he’d come to school on time unwilling to skip since his mom would probably be home all day. it’d been off and on raining so being out at the skate park was a bust as the concrete and railing would be too slick to use. at least here at school he could possibly make some money while being away from his mom.

he’d have been with lauren or luka for lunch, but laury had a crochet club meeting and luka said he had some stuff to do. luke mentioned that he might ‘meet up with him later’--which was never a dependable statement coming from the guy.

alone and having already finished his cafeteria alfredo, he didn’t have much of a plan. instead he sat on the bleachers, watching the try-hard athletes choosing to train for their hour of lunch time. how miserable. two of the girls had given him dirty looks, staring him down as they ran past him on the track.

he thought about wendy. he hadn’t really talked with her much since the night of the party. jack felt like an idiot–or a simp. both were synonymous to him in this case. looking at texts he sent wendy fucked up made him cringe, but he looked through them anyway. jack wondered if the rumors he'd heard around were true. kids just liked to talk–probably like any school, but roosevelt was the worst when it came to rumors. "wendy and carter totally hooked up." "carter has a big d!ck?" bruh. of course his ears would pick up on stupid things like this in the halls–among the times he spaced out during lectures. it was probably all fake, but it still confused him why she had even agreed to go on a date with him in the first place.

it was hazy, but he still remembered what it all meant to him. all of those times doing molly or getting drunk in his room with her, walking to her apartment in the middle of the night just to court her across the freeway bridge, making out for hours listening to her favorite bedroom pop--being a half-willing model in her kodak to which she seemed to share with no one, not even himself. dammit wendy.

it sucked because he liked her. he liked her a lot and for a long time now. it was fair to assume their relationship wasn’t that genuine–as he wasn’t the only one always on something when they were together, but of what he could remember it still felt real. he wanted to believe it was. though, what he could never tell was how important he was to her. maybe all it really was was two people having fun who both hated being lonely. it’d make sense. he left her for a month and a half–a lot happens in a month and a half, i guess. he didn’t want to jump to conclusions, but he always tended to make his mind up off of whims.

jack ashed the tip of the cigarette, still in thought between the screaming vocals in his earbuds. he didn’t really want to give up on her yet, just had a hard time admitting it.

it was funny because the only time he hadn't had wendy lingering on his mind was towards the end of luka's party. shimmering eye make-up under dark straight-across bangs entered his thoughts and he furrowed his brows trying to remember what she'd worn, but all he could come up with was her smile. he'd honestly had such a good time just one on one with her--writing back and forth on their notepad and ending up on random side quests throughout the house. she'd even gotten him on the dance floor at one point--extremely rare and thinking about it now made him grovel. the golden look on her face made it all worth it though.

the last he'd seen of her was after luka's parents came home. everyone seemed to have woken up except the two of them--miyu nestled in his chest on the couch of the recording studio. jack hazily remembered her getting up and grabbing her things in a hurry. shit.. i feel like haru was there.. i don't know..

jack sat up, looking through his phone for a moment and searching for her number.

"fuck." he said out loud, realizing he hadn't even asked. how the fuck am i going to run into her again--through haru? fuck no... i guess i could.. ask emily or something..

jack bit his cheek and tilted his head down, taking the last drag of his cigarette and putting it out beside him.

sometimes sunshine - seasalt

© weldherwings.

om nom nom it's lunchtime...

and
Jonas was finally free of the tight grip his mother had held him in over the weekend. Yes, he was still grounded, but the only other place he could be at besides home was school, and for once in his life, Jonas was actually excited to go to school. The morning had come and went relatively okay, though he could tell just who had been at the party just by a glance in their direction. It was the greatest PSA for anti-drug and alcohol use that he had ever seen. DARE had nothing on real life, that was for sure. But finally it was lunchtime - his stomach growled in agreement with the bell as he packed his backpack and made his way over to his locker to store it within. He didn't want to have to lug it around if he didn't have to. Jonas quickly got in line for lunch at the cafeteria, eagerly awaiting whatever slop the lunch ladies had prepared for the students of Roosevelt High to push around on their trays. He had a stomach of steel - he'd eat the mediocre food that would be served to him. He didn't care - he was hungry, and he was going to eat.

He was the first one to the table where he and his friends typically sat. But that didn't bother him none - he began to dig into the meal in front of him, going to town on whatever this was. Leigh, Chad, and Eino all joined him, but between bites of what appeared to be sweet potato and sips of chocolate milk, Jonas wasn't really paying much attention. Once he had demolished his food, he finally glanced over at the group, his ears tuning into the conversation at hand. Leigh was quickly trying to wheel himself away from the table with a hurt demeanor about him. What in the world was going on right now? How long had it been since he had said something? Had he said anything at all? Uh oh. He had to salvage this, and fast. "Don't leave, Leigh! It's okay to cry - I cry all the time and I'm perfectly fine. My mom says it's okay to express emotion. My therapist says so too. If I really tried right now, I could cry and cry and never stop." Jonas was completely open with everyone about anything at all - he had been in therapy ever since his father's untimely death six years prior. He had made great strides ever since.

"We won't make fun of you for whatever you may or may not have done Saturday night, won't we?" He turned to face the rest of the group with expectant eyes. He didn't really know what was the truth or what was pure fiction. All he knew was that he had been caught sneaking out by his mother and now he was grounded. That, in it of itself, was the truth of it all. "We can talk about something else. How about we talk about my genius plan to try to go to the party? I thought it was pretty good. Apparently," Jonas pinched the bridge of his nose with a deep sigh, "it wasn't. My mom took my phone privileges away and I can only come to school or home. Being grounded sucks."

Only Children

♡coded by uxie♡

ein0000
scroll

catching wind of the boy’s lies, eino understood perfectly. “oh yeah!” he chimed in, giving his friend a wink as leigh took his hand from off his face. watching leigh scarf down the delicious dessert made him beam with excitement. though he felt like eating it now, he wrapped it up and continued taking bites from his carbonara as the boy across the table made a harrowing statement–towards leigh anyway. eino smiled, then crinkled his eyebrows together in faux dissension–remembering he’d have to pretend that statement was wrong. leigh did not piss his pants. leigh did not do acid.

it was too bad he hadn’t caught any of these hints earlier..

the boy in dark features continued, making very sensible points. leigh and eino were close in age, but in denmark most boys start drinking in grade school. he’d been through the whole getting shit-faced thing a lot earlier than he, so he couldn’t really be blamed for the events of last night. “agreed, my friend. but you’ll get the hang of it.” he contributed happily, following the words with the last chugs of chocolate milk.

at this time, the boy seated across from him spoke up out of his daze. curiously he watched him talk about his mom and therapy and his crying habits. eino waited thoughtfully after he’d finished, thinking: this must be ‘jonas’--of whom leigh had occasionally mumbled over him being “the bestest friend in the wuurrrld” the night of the party. eino admired how open he was with his emotions–a trait most boys he’d known growing up had a hard time expressing. he noticed it in a lot of boys in the states as well–especially at the party–so straight and nearly hypermasculine in their demeanor. why do boys do that? he’d never felt that way, though being pushed into a little box was more of an accurate description of the culture–subconsciously altering how to speak, stand, look in the presence of others. he was quiet for the time being.

it’d been a long time since he’d had his last good cry and in the moment he was reminded it’d have to be coming soon. he smiled at the precarious feeling, acknowledging his own emotions peaceably.

with a pat of his hand on leighs back, he noticed leigh was still distressed over the matter–and perhaps more than eino knew. “eat up, feel better. you can’t feel better on an empty stomach, you know.” eino pushed his tray of carbonara and chicken nuggets in front of him, “i’m gonna go get seconds anyway.” with a smile, he held his hand out to urge leigh to eat even though he seemed slightly reluctant–perhaps out of politeness. it was a good thing he’d have obtained an unlimited card to use for the store–courtesy of the exchange student program. eino wasn’t about to ask why leigh didn’t have his own lunch card or allowance for food. he didn’t know for sure, but he had an inkling the boy might not have gotten anything from his parents and he knew that life all too well. god knew he didn’t have money to spend for anything outside so this exchange student card practically saved him during the week. he didn’t mind offering it out to a good friend who needed it more.

"damn, you missed out... maybe next time we can all come up with a better plan!" he offered to jonas with a nod, "i had a great time with leigh and i also met somebody i really wanna get to know.." he said, putting his head down in momentary shyness, "her name is chloe, but i don't know if she's...ermm.."--struggling to find the right word to use, "--available, you know? we sit across eachother in maths--but i don't know how american girls are.. or if asking her out already is the best way to go..." his eyes met the three of them, hoping someone would have some advice on how to go about his crush. in denmark, everyone was VERY forward with their intentions--girls especially. it was actually way more common for girls to initiate, hence all his prior relationships started so. despite his seemingly free and romantic nature, it was like an instinct that eino took love seriously--something he hoped to lose coming to america where hook-up culture and casual relationships were the norm.

however, he actually really liked chloe--the time they spent together that night. or at least the last time he saw her he felt it strongly. and he couldn't stray away from puppy love no matter how hard he tried. opportunities of "the land of the free" were endless according to the internet and he'd never know if he didn't try.

anything could happen - the clean

© weldherwings.

t

e

o

THE SUNSHINE

mood
fuck this shit I'm outttt

oufit

tag

Teo Choi

For a moment, Teo held onto his breath.

He had almost completely forgotten that he was in the presence of someone who had only recently met and developed some sort of friendship that wasn’t just through mutual friends. The real question was: was she ready for the shit storm that was Teo Choi? Hell, he wasn’t even sure Nat could handle half of the shit that fell out of his mouth. She was his best friend, and still, he found himself having to filter a lot. There were words unsaid, thoughts not brought into the world. Both of which, if ever to fall upon another person’s ears, would be extremely questionable. Not for the sheer absurdity of it all, but how dark.

As her face lit up, colours formed at the surface of her face caused by the explosion of giggles and not from any of the substances they had been sneaking between one another. In response, Teo couldn’t help but mirror the wide grin that was formed on her face. A small puff of air slipped past his lips, relieved that the girl had determined his rant to be of top-tier comedic quality. As she cursed the other boy, throwing up her middle finger to the universe, he spoke again without processing his thoughts. A true Teo trait that he seemed to be an absolute master at. “I think the issue was that you couldn’t fuck Ayden, wasn’t it?” he snickered at the girl, cheekily grinning at her before placing the joint between his lips.

Inhaling in the joint, Teo raised a brow at her next question. The mention of getting laid made him snort, taking hold of the joint between his fingers and releasing a soft chuckle. Fuck yeah I need to get laid. I need to have my first kiss too, but you know, that can always be skipped. For once in his life, Teo withheld the first thought that came to his mind. Admirable, really. But Beth didn’t need to know about his sex life and, well, the lack of it. So, instead, he reached over for the bottle and exchanged it with the joint like a sales transaction. “Better than boys.” he chuckled. “You’ll get more money once you’re finished with it too and sell onwards

Already mentally prepared for the sting of the vodka, Teo placed the bottle up to his lips once more and took another swing. A quite… impressive one if you had to admit. Not just one, but three gulps, before tearing the bottle from his lids and releasing an overdramatic, loud “Ahhh!” as if the vodka was refreshing. The wind knocked out of him from the drink, he turned to Beth with raised brows and almost a little bit out of breath. “I’m skipping the rest of the day. You got plans? Wanna ditch with me? I mean… it’s such a nice day outside. It’s practically begging us to leave the shit show within that school

© weldherwings.

B

filler! ignore

H

filler! ignore

• Beth Howard

The Comedic Relief

J

a

v

a

d

THE COMEBACK KID

mood
dodging freshmen, girls, and parents like a pro

school - generical location headed to the band hallway

outfit
a choice

tag
passing by emily neverbackdown neverbackdown and calli TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen

Javad Taylor

It didn’t matter how many cities Javad piled through, nothing could be colder than the Seattle air that hit him when he opened the door to his childhood home. It wasn’t a cold foyer at all, instead, a beautiful twinkle of fairy lights greeted him. He pulled his right shoulder up like it was snagged on something annoying to keep his duffle bag of all his belongings tighter against his body as a comforting mechanism while he pulled off his crust filled vans. Jay was just as quiet in pushing the front door closed, the latch clicking loud to signify his arrival. The nice smell of fresh cookies baked in the morning already felt stale for the forgotten teen and the Christmas tree still stood tall in the living room to pretend the reflection of the portraits had him in them. As a boy, he'd pause to wait for his parents to answer his non-verbal entrance.

"Javy? Javad?"

But he was too grown now to anticipate the voice of either of his parents so he grabbed his worn out shoes to keep himself invisible and maneuvered the way of the haze of his own good memories into his room. His jaw clenched at the sight of it. It never seemed to amaze him the ways his parents found new ways to make him feel unwanted in his own home. He was quick about recuperating his emotions, opening his closet to unpack. Even though his look could be seen at dusty, crusty.... grungy, Javad was always a clean boy. Touring made him an efficient boy at that. His unpacking took ten minutes if you included the way he struggled to keep a pair of pants he left behind on.

Belt. His scurrying around actually made his baby sister in the other room turn. The thin walls of the home echoed nicely and she was always a light sleeper. Instead, Javad decided to be quick with his get away, grabbing his skateboard and his old as fuck Jansport bag and slamming the doors closed to let his parents know their beloved son was home. They even power washed the drive way for her as he readied for impact of the uneven driveway turn to Roosevelt High. All smooth, repaved. When did they do that? When she started learning to ride a bike. All Javad had were scars of a brown kid tumbling over from the cracks he should have seen as warning signs. He pushed himself away with ease from his parents', his body recollecting all muscle memory of his favorite hobby before his career helped him escape from the eerie sadness he had.

It wasn't any sense of freedom in his skate session, knowing well his destination was his second least favorite place. School. If he had his way, he'd drop out but Nova convinced him otherwise. Javad only had to show up, no one cared what test scores he'd get, and no one would really care if he was there or not. Monday dreary as always with Javad's expression stood at a cold stare for all three periods. Trig was a retake, Physics was a lab where his partner did everything, and British Lit was a good he didn't have so he wasted the time in the library, checking out books. Javad didn't walk back to class when his backpack got full, no one really expected him to and he decided to catch lunch ten minutes early to avoid the shit lines.

Javad prefered his presence to be unnoticed but it would it ignorant of him to think "that one dude who left school to tour is back" wouldn't scatter in rumors by lunch. He picked out the obvious best choice of pepperoni pizza and an apple when the dismissal bell rang. It was this moment where he had no clue where his friends sat. His table used to be beside Emily but it was clear freshmen took over when he was gone. It didn't matter as he sat with them gawking at "Javad from Opodius". He was all cool when biting into his apple, even when a Ronald McDonald looking nerd let the flash of his phone expose his photo shoot of "someone actually famous famous"... Javad did not think he was famous but damn did he have the attitude when he stood up and took only his backpack and board with him, letting the freshman fawn over the space he was just in with the untouched pizza.

This was going to be the daily routine, wasn't it? Javad dodging rumor filled classmates and glaring at teachers to make sure he didn't get picked on to answer questions in class. He needed to find space to fill to waste time and fast - like how he dodged two girls colliding in front of him when he tried to find a quiet area to hide. He swerved around them, not recognizing either the dyed red or black haired girls since he hadn't put much roots in the school - ever.

"Close-." He muttered out at them, before holding down a satisfied grin at the good timing. Javad didn't look at them twice, pulling his shoulders up to get his backpack sitting comfortably on his back before darting off to the band hallway. That's where he usually stayed when he didn't want to be disturbed. The other kids in the hallway were all busy making out behind stacked chairs anyways.

© weldherwings.

t

e

o

THE SUNSHINE

mood
hahah lets go get brain damage!!!

oufit

tag

Teo Choi

The mere mention of the skatepark for their little getaway had the boy scrunching his face in horror. Did Beth have that much faith in him? That he was capable of standing firmly on a board, planting his two feet upon it and maintaining some sort of balance? “You’ve seen me walking, right?” he questioned her, an expression on his face that only proved he was confused about her sanity. With a gesture towards the school, he let out a scoff “I can barely make it down the hallways without almost falling flat on my face. Honestly, it’s become a bit of a party trick.

The boy paused momentarily, processing his thoughts. From a glance, one could see his mind racing a mile per minute. A dialogue playing through his brain, voices arguing between each other. And then, one of them won. Smacking his thighs with the palm of his hands, he arose from his seated position and stood to his full height. “Fuck it” he cursed, raising his arms in the air to stretch. A small grunt slipped past his lips as he felt the release of tension in his back and arms pull away and the soft subtle touch of the cool breeze tickling his stomach as his shirt and jumper.

Another waved gesture from the boy, but this time it was towards the skateboard that sat unused on the floor. “Come on. Take me to the skatepark, and let's shred some wheels” Teo grinned, allowing his arms to drop to his side once more “That’s what you young people call it, right? Shredding wheels or some shit like that. Anyways, I mean… it shouldn’t be that hard, right? I’ve seen kids ride skateboards. Dude, I’ve even seen this dog riding a skateboard one - and a surfboard? I swear to God. I thought I was high, but there was that little champion. Just riding waves, making the Little Mermaid proud as fuck. If a fucking chihuahua can learn how to drive a skateboard, then I can, too, right?

The sounds of cars driving the roads nearby tickled his ears. Of course, there was a road. There was going to be some sort of transport using that said road. But the hypersensitivity of vehicles passing by was rooted in one core fear. And it was coming into fruition right before him. A shiny, black Cadillac Escalade was passing by, slowing down as it drew closer to the intersection to arrive at the school. Ugh. Him Teo thought to himself, his face scrunched in disgust and dismay as he glanced towards the car.

미친 놈 (crazy bastard)” the boy tutted under his breath, making it quite obvious that whoever was in that said car was someone he did not want to have to deal with at this current moment - well, honestly. He didn’t want to have to deal with him ever. With a head turn, the repulsed complexion morphed into a typical Sunshine Teo expression - a wide grin and smiling eyes. “Come on,” he said to the girl “Let’s go and see how long it takes before we have to call me an ambulance

© weldherwings.

laurybear

scroll

How did Lauren get from point A to B at the party? They barely remembered much after they leaned forward and made sure their face brushed against Riley Jones to whisper back, "Maybe alone in the pool room, Ri?" His most fake smile to woo a girl who was already desperate to have them in between her legs. If they had to flirt with her to get her out of the jacuzzi so other people can enjoy it, they'll just have to do it. She was a wobbling mess from what Lauren remembered but he was still gentle in guiding her hand to the vacant building not too far. The moment the trainwreck was out, people flocked in.

Another party saving favor for Luka... Honestly, these really were just Laury's parties if you asked them.

Nothing turned Lauren off more than a sloppy slut trying to sleep with them. It was a loud secret in the Boy's Night Out server to all the e-girls who seemed desperate to have any of the guys' attention. It was "integrity" and "respecting women"... Yeah, sure. It mostly just reminded Laury of last summer... and that was a memory they tried so hard to forget. His own drunken escapade ruined by someone who took advantage. He'd never... Just so he'd never justify why it happened.

The pool house was used as a guest room at times, as if Luka's mansion would ever run out of rooms for someone to take the shiplap covered space, and Lauren had all plans to tuck Riley Jones in bed and sit out in the small living room with all the blinds down. She was just far enough gone that a small cuddle session and slopping kisses on his... nose didn't hurt and eventually Lauren was able to escape. He didn't expect to see a Mallory Hawke sitting in his couch, let alone his eye roll being answered with a demand to take shots with her. At least Livia wasn't alone having a bad breakup tonight....

In the morning, he was slumped over on the other side of the couch, legs tangled between his enemy. God, he didn't think it through with the crab rangoons as he groaned. "Want to get xiaolongbao? If.... we leave now, Luke wont.... make us clean." Even with a bad hangover, Mal and Laury were in agreement that they weren't maids... and Laury completely forgot about Riley Jones who was only a wall away.

How the tables turned after a Sunday breakfast with your enemy. There was no way Lauren would have imagined him being friends with Mallory Hawke, but there they were. Friends. The sense of lonely Lauren figured out quickly, having themselves a father who only sent postcards of his truck driving adventures. So there he was, holding a giant box of yarn and needles and hooks, with a dumb smile on his face as he struggled to open the classroom door. Like a puppy excited to see his owner, his "owner" being his newest friend and ex-enemy, Mallory Hawke.

"Happy Monday... VP!" He called out before starting to pull all the donated items out to make sense of inventory. They felt very cute today with their pleated skirt, grinning at the nice yarn they found in storage. They had groveled Mallory to join, making The Tight Knit Crew officially five members - if you're including their advisor Mrs. Perkins, and it was the first ever REAL meeting. "The other two members are Zelda and Iris. They're really cool." Lauren tried to reassure Mal, already eyeing the scratchy balls of yarn to decide their first granny square's color combination.

Bright Red
Ryan Beatty

© weldherwings.

mallory

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Ashnikko

Tantrum

The night began to slowly creep by as Mallory had spent most of her time alone after finding Ava and Sam together, but she was determined to find a way to get her mind off the situation. She sat on the couch in the indoor pool room, contemplating whether she should venture back towards the main party or take a few more minutes to herself, her mind was a little bit fuzzy from the mixed substances, but she was still capable of making good choices at this point. At some point, Lauren walks into the room, the two weren't exactly best of friends, or even friends at all, but that didn't stop the girl from requesting that they took shots together.

Light filtered through the blinds in the room where the two had met up, causing Mallory's eyes to flicker open, revealing Lauren opening his eyes as well, which wouldn't have been too big of a deal had it not been a few inches in front of her face. In a panic, she untangled the two, and sat up on the couch, ears perking up as Lauren offered xiaolongbao, seemingly as a way for the two to escape Luke's residence before he made them help clean up the evidence of any party from that night. Quickly, the two made their way out of the house and into Lauren's car where they drove the two to whatever restaurant he had in mind, as long as it meant that Mallory didn't have to help clean.

At first, the brunch was a bit awkward, seeing as though the two never got along all that well, but things took a turn for the better when Lauren offered Mallory a spot in the knitting club at school. Was this some sort of peace offering? It wasn't the first time that someone had invited her to a club, the anime club being the first, which she was secretly still part of, but only online and never actively attended in person, so it would be quite strange to physically attend a club that pertained to a hobby that she was actually interested in.

Come Monday, Mallory was actually quite excited about the meeting, she had brought patterns and even her own tools, ones that she never thought would leave her room, but had been placed into her purse to secretly travel through the school day and would eventually just be left in Ms. Perkin's classroom as to not expose her even further than she was possibly doing. The bell rang for lunch, which meant that it was time for her to face the music and make her way toward the classroom where the club was taking place, she quickly made her way through the halls, dodging anyone that might've recognized her, especially since she was going the opposite direction of the cafeteria.

Mallory managed to make it inside the room unnoticed, closing the door and taking a seat facing away from the entrance so that any passersby wouldn't be able to see her face, it was her first day in the club, so it wasn't unlike her to be so discrete, but that was until the door swung open and Lauren speaks up, "Happy Monday... VP!" Did they just call her VP? As in... vice president?? There was no way that she was already such a high ranking, but was she going to decline the position? Absolutely not.

"Ah, good afternoon." She gave Lauren a small smile, although she couldn't exactly remember the events of Saturday night, there were still bits and pieces that were intact and made interactions slightly awkward. He begins to unpack a box of various items, needles, hooks, yarn, etc. speaking while doing so, "The other two members are Zelda and Iris. They're really cool." Mallory had no clue who these other two members were, as she didn't necessarily interact with anyone that ranked lower than her on the totem pole at school, aside from on Twitter.

Clearing her throat she speaks up to Lauren once more, still trying to push past the awkwardness of both the weekend and being somewhere out of her comfort zone, "Yeah, I hope so." She cuts herself off to avoid making any rude comments, especially if she wanted to be accepted in this club, which seemed to have struggled slightly in getting members in the first place, so it was kind of like Mallory was the saving grace, right?
yeah prob not but whatever makes u feel high n mighty bbgorl

♡coded by uxie♡

drinking

luke tellegio

♫/waste my time - BNO/♫ (unreleased)

mood

lol what is life

ms. perkins classroom aka knitting club meeting

oufit

561ef9ce7fb62544f78233b8a70fc9ca.jpg
f201365d3227de74b3cdc185df01e730.jpg
ffad36c23811c8e2d96759c9e0d47665.jpg

tag

emily neverbackdown neverbackdown , calli, TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen , laury Sugarnaut Sugarnaut , mentions: jack,

luka hadn’t even gotten to campus until lunch. opting to skip the first few periods to spend the rainy morning recording and idly studying. unwise, though he hadn’t even started on any of the homework assigned over the weekend and didn’t have even half the energy to weasel his way into deadline extensions. half his teachers would grant them anyways. as for the rest, he’d have a better chance pretending he was sick. fortunately for him, the rest of his classes after lunch were relatively easy to bullshit.

his party saturday was acclaimed per usual, but ended in the worst possible way. his parents had come home a day early–nine o clock in the morning early. not too many people were there to witness the insane run-down of his mom's horrified screams, but they were hysterical as ever. and came with pretty harsh consequences–at least to luka. no lambo, not even the amg or the benz. luka was now the not-so proud driver of a chevy malibu for at least the next month. he had his fingers crossed she’d forget about the whole ordeal and leave his car keys on the hook like usual. it didn’t stop there. no access to credit over a thousand dollars. okay, well that wasn’t awful, but luka had never had spending limit on a card in his entire sixteen and a half years on earth. what if his store associates at hermes rang him in for new products? and with vetements 18’ spring/summer collection coming up? she was insane.

not only did his parents walk in on a decent amount of people passed out in different areas all over the damn house (yes, including the front lawn)--his guest did him absolutely no favors in presentability. the house was a complete disaster. including his parent’s bedroom which was probably the straw that finally broke the camel’s back.

turning the corner into a parking spot, his face was impassive. the wheel felt wrong. he missed the red leather and the custom stereo system the lamborghini had. in this car, the speakers were half blown out and the pads were janky as a result of his excessive hard-breaks learning how to drive freshman year. it’d have to do for now and eventually, he’d get over it. luka guessed it could be a lot worse. he could be carless. like jack.

for the first time in a very, very long time, luka felt he might have overdone it. perhaps he might’ve actually deserved this along with the inevitable bitching for at least half the year. it was if luka tellegio, party host extraordinaire, forgot every single important rule of keeping a house party under control. to be fair, he was busy handling other people’s problems which granted him an excuse to get absolutely slaughtered. and on top of it all, he spent half the time looking for calli. by the time they’d locked eyes in the crowd, it was over. he didn’t give two fucks anymore about anything but her. and that’s where the storylines get a little blurry.

what he did remember was sitting on his bed with her, holding her hand–exchanging kisses here and there that ended in giggle fits. stupid love stuff–and he loved every goddamn second of it. he was drunk off his ass and she didn’t even mind. calli was cool like that. she’d been pretty buzzed too after he ordered special mades from the bar downstairs. sure, they partied–socialized like normal, but that was the best part of the whole night--talking until daylight, joking around and obviously all the making out. he didn’t get to third base, out of complete respect for her of course, but it was something. he totally neglected his house to shit, but it was all too worth it. and to top it all off? he asked her to be his girlfriend.

and she said yes.

luka grit his teeth in a smile, suddenly regretting not showing up to at least chemistry. just to see her pretty face light up when he walked into the room and exchange glances the whole lecture. she’d mentioned something in text about spending lunch with emily so sadly, he’d have to wait until french to finally get to see her. god she’s the best.

walking through the cafeteria doors, he made his way up to ms. perkin’s classroom on the second floor. in his hands were a missing pair to earrings that belonged to mallory hawke. him and mallory were by no means close friends, but there was some solidarity there. in middle school, he’d tease her a lot for her height and randomly tug her ponytail in the hall until she’d eventually swing at him. those days were over though and they were sequestered into a friendly popular-based acquaintanceship. he honestly never thought of her as being as awful as people said she was. sure, she earned the title of mean girl, but she was pretty and held her own. fuck it, people hate on anything. that in itself garnered respect from him and there was obviously a reason she’s nicknamed queen bee of roosevelt.

upon opening the door to the knitting club, a flashback came to him at the worst possible time.

calli and luka were messing around in the security room when she’d stopped and stared in on one of the camera footages. on that camera footage? some shit even he couldn’t have thought to joke about. lauren and mallory hawke–literally sucking face in the indoor hot tub room. is this forreal? basically, he couldn’t believe his eyes and neither could calli. they starred for a couple seconds before luka started busting up laughing his ass off so hard he almost tipped over. it was actually hilarious at the time.

extremely WEIRD now standing directly in front of the both of them sitting next to eachother in front of a bunch of candy-colored yarn.

“hey.” he called, dangling the crystal-encrusted earring by his face and heading over to mall. “here you go, tips for my services can be forwarded by cashapp or venmo–your pick of course.” (/j)

“hiiiii lauuuurryy.” he teased, already picking up one of the balls, unraveling it on the table before flashing a smile at both zelda and iris. “why didn’t you ask me to join knitting club? looks like fun.”

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
opallowcollins
scroll
nothing too serious did end up happening at luka’s party and opallo’s gunshot wound was healing better than expected.

he still hadn’t heard from his dad or his brother assuming they’d turn up like they always do. thoughts of them being in some sort of trouble snuck their way in his mind on random occasions, but he had trust in them. surely someone would know if anything went south and opallo would be the first to know. every day would be much easier without his mother’s paranoia. brujeria-like practices around the house while izzy was constantly acting up were more the forefront of his problems besides every day work. and now alex too with john being back. it never felt like he could ever have a break.

opallo wasn’t one to let go or unwind, not with how hot the city had been in recent months. besides, he wasn’t a kid anymore–things were more serious. him and cam knew the extent of their issues all too well. in truth, they hadn’t really been children for years now. though like his cousin said, they deserved something and they surely took it upon themselves to have a good fucking time last night. for all the shit they’ve been through, it was the least they could do. who knows how bad things could become when summer rolled around.

they had split up sometime in that night. cam had to collect money and probably got sidetracked. parties in south seattle all the way down to federal way were known to be rowdy and uncontrollable, but this was a lot different–a whole different vibe. more like a circus of rich and popular, relatively clean cut kids with parents who probably gave a shit over how they’d been there instead of studying in their paved driveway, multi-story houses. opallo didn’t really mind it. it was surprisingly easygoing. no one was gambling, toting guns, fights breaking out–no dogs chained in the backyard he’d be compelled to sneak morsels of food to. is ‘suburban’ the best way to put it? he couldn’t really describe it any other way. though araña had heads on the south side, it didn’t exempt anyone from violence if the right people were there at the wrong time. it just kind of happened. and it made sense why cam stopped showing up to those things. opallo hadn’t partied at all in the last couple of years anyway–this was a rare occurrence indeed. would he return to luka’s? probably not. though it was an interesting experience to say the least.

and more importantly, alex seemed to have a good time despite the news. alex had actually had such a good time that he had to trick her in order to convince her to even leave the bar table. there was no girl on the planet that could out drink that girl and he swore by that. on this instance, she was absolutely smashed and though he thought it was kinda cute, he knew it was mostly the result of how fucked up things had gotten for her life in a matter of days.

on the drive opallo played her favorite songs and tried to cruise it out–making sure if she was going to throw up, it wouldn’t be all over herself and partly for himself who was technically pretty sauced and lamentably–a pro at driving under the influence. as soon as they got to the beach house, he’d be helping her in the bathroom upstairs.

thinking about it now, he chuckled to himself. she was quite literally trying to f!ck him most of the ride home and aggressively so–in between feeling sick and begging him for a cigarette. (he gave her the cigarette). even during their bathroom smoke she’d throw herself onto him, clearly inebriated (and perhaps solely motivated) by the alcohol. opallo couldn’t resist the kissing, it was too hard. but he couldn’t bring himself to escalate the situation as it just wouldn’t be right. he’d be the same as any weirdo who saw a drunk girl as a beneficial opportunity when she’d barely be there for any of it. that made him sick.

so instead, he’d gently grab her shoulders and urge her to bed–promising snacks and her favorite movie as soon as she took herself to bed. eventually it worked, but before the tea or movie even got to her–she was fast asleep.

the next morning, they’d both spend the day being as lazy as possible and trying to recuperate from the long night. it was nice despite the pain in his arm and head. it was just nice spending time with alex alone.

maybe he wasn’t supposed to have people over at the property, but no one was going to be here and if they were–he was in charge while dad and yano were out. he’d have been the one to order any reason to be here. and this was his order for the weekend.

-
opallo turned the corner into the back of the house, adjusting his sunglasses as he open the car door. alex was already outside, back facing him and smoking a cigarette. her own shaded eyes seemed to be glued to something on the foggy horizon. he tilted his head, scratching the back of his neck with a sigh. they were supposed to be on their way to her mom’s house to gather all her things to bring over to cam’s apartment in downtown seattle, but it wasn’t as easy as it sounded. it’d be much easier if john wasn’t there, but alex didn’t know for sure. the faster and sooner they did it, the better it’d be anyhow.

“we should take the boat out next time–when the weather clears up. there’s a spot not too far out where ducks feed and sometimes they follow you around.” he said, coming up behind her now. resting at her side with his elbows over the wooden railing, he pointed out towards where they could only see the dim shine of light from the sun behind the thick clouds. “and… if you’re lucky, you can see harbor dolphins right about there. i’ve never seen one before, but i hear they come around sometimes.”

opallo kept his head up in that direction, staring at the white and grey nothingness that met the dark waves. he wondered if alex was intimidated–scared–dreadful. he’d only seen john once and it was years and years ago, just for a split second behind the curtains of a window. he was just a shadowy figure then, but if opallo were to see him now… he struggled with the thought of not putting his own hands on the man responsible for hurting alex all these years. if john was home this time around and didn’t try anything neither would he, but dear god he wanted to. though, nothing great ever comes from violence in the end.

dont die - lil wayne (playing in his car)

© weldherwings.

B

filler! ignore

H

filler! ignore

• Beth Howard

The Comedic Relief

Abuse, drugs

A

filler! ignore

S

filler! ignore

• Alex Smyth

The Rebel

mention of drug possession, gun possession, and violent threatening
opallowcollins
scroll
it was difficult for opallo not to disassociate driving down the freeway south. there wasn’t much traffic being a monday noon which made it too easy for the music to take over the concrete view. when they’d finally arrived, alex’s eyes met his with momentary hesitance. he must’ve looked as brooding as he felt since she said nothing further and didn’t take a step towards the dead grass until he walked out. it took him a moment to realize she might’ve thought to ask him to stay behind–that it’d 'only take a minute', but there just wasn’t another option besides the two of them tackling the problem together. he wouldn’t even mention it as he adjusted the magnum piece held in the waistband under his jacket and kept close behind alex. he looked around a couple times, briefly scanning her neighborhood before entering the house.

the place was a mess. bottles, clothes, and trash lined the carpets and countertops–opallo observed a plastic bag of crystal residue, a pipe not too far from it. fucking tweak. the house was trashed with the smell of rotten food and subtle lavender–a weak attempt to mask the smell permeating the area around the kitchen as they walked by. before they’d reached the end of the hallway, alex mumbled words of relief. opallo hadn’t spoken leading up to them, preferring to keep some sort of stealth and awareness incase the bastard showed his face. even now that it seemed the coast was clear, he didn't want to be too convinced and would keep himself alert either way. he’d be at alex's side wherever she went in this house.

in her bedroom, opallo scanned the peeling walls patched with off-colored paint, ripped posters or crooked frames. he’d never been inside her bedroom before. it looked charming–little bits of alex throughout the years all in one 100 square foot room. opallo’s eyes caught a pinned polaroid of her, cam and himself with a distorted white background–his own face a bit distorted from the film. he couldn’t remember the circumstance entirely, but they looked pretty young–cam with his buzzed hair indicating the far past. opallo grit his teeth, happy she’d kept the memory in view all these years. together, he continued to help her pack everything in her duffle bags.

he wedged a couple items into the last duffle–holding the teeth together before she zipped it shut. alex then ran out of the room and disappeared around the corner. it only took a short moment before opallo stood up, stepping over the bags to rush down the hall after her. he didn't like how she'd left so abruptly, but remained non-skeptical until he approached the door and heard a voice that made his heart beat out of his chest. without a second thought he was through the door with his revolver in hand, finger placed carefully on the trigger in a heat of passion. opallo contained himself and his expression, staring directly at the large, disheveled man with no sign of backing down. he refused to look at alex until he’d let her go. opallo knew it looked bad out of the corner of his vision. he didn’t need to get emotional right now.

“drop her.” he called out loudly, tilting the gun up towards his chest as he took steps towards him quickly, “DROP HER.”

aerials - system of a down

© weldherwings.

extreme violence, strangulation, abuse, gun

A

filler! ignore

S

filler! ignore

• Alex Smyth

The Rebel

mention of drugs and alcohol, extreme depictions of violence, abuse and death
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
opallowcollins
scroll
there was no worse outcome than this. opallo’s grip on the handle was so tight he could feel his shoulder’s wound pulsating in syncronization to his heart beat. the man before him stood resilient, pining alex against the wall with such a force opallo could no longer shy away from looking at her anymore. she struggled to even keep her eyes open for the brief eye contact they shared. alex...

john seemed unimpressed with opallo, looking his way with a drunken animosity that only posed for harsher punishment towards alex. his eyes were bloodshot–his expression deranged with spite. john spoke as if he couldn’t care less about an outcome after this confrontation ended. almost like he didn’t have anything to lose. opallo's blood boiled with every word out of his mouth.

it’d been so long since opallo had witnessed an evil this towering. john looked to be completely flanked on drugs and alcohol. it was hard to tell if he could even comprehend how sick to his stomach over the anxiety opallo felt—how scared he was rapidly becoming. and if he did, he knew exactly how to choke him up. the adrenaline pumped through his veins so hard he felt he could barely catch his own breath. opallo felt as if he could feel every tightened grip, every pressured force against alex and it was driving him crazy.

he was terrified–just like he was at ten with the gun aimed directly at his mother and sister’s perpetrators and he hated this weakness more than anything. in this state, he was forced to answer to god once again. every passing second tortured his mind.

both john and god left him no other options.

he grit his teeth in a brace and pulled the trigger, looking directly at john’s chest to make sure his shot wouldn’t miss. initially, the sound was deafening through the barrel—disorienting opallo for a split second with sharp ringing in his ears before he rushed toward alex’s side. instinctively, he knelt down into an embrace as she gasped for air in his arms.

his own waterlines burned with anger, but he wouldn’t allow himself to cry. she was safe now. it was all his entire being screamed for in the silence behind that barrel, but her safety was achieved with the most grisly consequences. the boy shuddered from the feeling of adrenaline leaving his body. he still felt nauseated, but overcome with a sickening sense of relief that what could’ve been would never see the light of day. john would never be able to hurt her again.

i wanted this didn’t i?

he shifted his weight, keeping himself between john and alex and looking over his shoulder at the brute sprawled on the carpet—his blood now beginning to soak the ground beneath the more he flinched and struggled while enfeebling the last bit of life he had in him to no avail. opallo hadn’t exactly shot him in the heart or chest like he thought. it looked to be just below the axillary and by the rasped gurgling coming from his throat—an air canal or spinal cord had to have been severed. he didn’t move much besides a twitching in his knuckles and jaw. opallo looked away. it was awful. as much as he hated john with every fiber of his being, he didn’t get a single sliver of enjoyment out of his suffering. he wished he did. it would make this pill a lot easier to swallow.

there was no use thinking about the weight of his sins anymore. time was running out for everyone in this room. opallo and alex had to get out of there fast. the house was now a crime scene without clear intention. thoughts of who to call, what to do, ran through his head at lightning speed.

“hey.” opallo composed himself, cupping his hand gently under alex’s jaw and finding his eyes in hers. he wiped at the tears and blood on her cheeks. “grab as many bags as you can and head to the car. we don’t have much time. i’ll deal with everything in here.” she straightened up–changing her demeanor to something less fragile as she slipped away from him. he watched her go only for a split second.

now standing above john, opallo forced himself to gaze at his dying expression point-blank. something his brother had told him after he’d shot the man who hurt his mother echoed in his mind. ‘look him in the eyes. don’t be a coward. you took his life and you have to remember that.’ coming from yano, it sounded like something their ruthless father had to have told him. he wondered what his dad would think when he found out about this. opallo took his gun in hand again, aiming it at him and already bracing himself for the sound by plugging one of his ears. in his peripheral vision, he noticed something out of place in the dim light through the bathroom door. opallo had to double take what he saw. he lowered his gun, walking towards it.

opallo covered his mouth. lying on the tile floor was alex’s mother. he looked away, clearing his throat and tucking his gun back in the waistband of his jeans. god dammit. he couldn’t tell how long she’d been dead.. or what exactly had happened to her. now the altercation was starting to make sense. opallo didn't have a choice from the beginning.

alex rushed back into the room calling for the keys, but startling him a bit. he stepped to the side and turned around–unable to hide his widened eyes or properly form what he could even say in this moment. “alex..” he clenched his jaw, “we have to go i’m sorry.” he stepped towards her, rushing the both of them out of the room without looking back. he grabbed the last duffle in her room and headed for the car to load them all as fast as he could.

aerials - system of a down

© weldherwings.

mentions of death, depression, violence, blood

A

filler! ignore

S

filler! ignore

• Alex Smyth

The Rebel

Last edited:
mention of alcohol, explanations of violence, abuse and death
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
opallowcollins
scroll
once her mother’s death settled in, it didn’t feel right to leave so suddenly. to pull away from this childhood home and leave far, far away–forever and never to return after something so horrific. it snuck up on them like one last crushing blow.

he felt it burn in his throat as he tossed the duffles in the back–hitting the driver’s seat with a thud from the door following right behind.

an autopilot state was turned on; opallo had a one-track mind. he revved up the engine and sped out of the neighborhood without another look back. his left hand controlled the wheel, but his right fumbled frantically with his phone–briefly wiping the smeared blood still on his thumb off the screen using his jeans. the only person he felt he could call was his uncle-in-law. he felt like such an idiot, such a coward for not being able to handle this himself, but he just couldn’t. not having control over the situation messed with his head. reaching out for help was not something he did very often.

“gonçalo, i–i need help. i’m with alexandria–were heading towards the beach–” he felt like his words were stuck beneath sharp rocks in his vocal chords. he needed to chill out. opollo took a deep breath, turning a corner. “i ..shot someone and left. i can explain when i see you. i–yeah it was. i was careful–just please.. please help me.” his last words were strained. opallo felt uncanny chills trickle down his spine. assidiously, he listened to what gonçalo had to say and then ended the call. he still felt his bones were cold underneath his hot blood.

and–dad and yano are home… that’s what he said right?

the rest of the ride was silent. there wasn’t music playing over the speakers like usual; there wasn’t anyone to listen to it. the car may have well been driven by a ghost; he looked as pale as one. opallo winced as he went over what he could of the situation. he feared he might’ve really fucked up beyond repair this time, but it was clear as day what was done had to have been done.

if he hadn’t killed john would alex still be there? what about himself? he couldn’t have handled it any other way in the heat of the moment. still, he committed a murder and left a grisly crime scene that was sure to make headlines in a couple days. the thought of it made him sick. opallo didn’t want to go to jail. all he wanted was alex’s safety. beyond his measure for fear of anything in this godforsaken world, he loved alex. he’d known this truth since he was young. if this was how he went out… to rot in prison for the rest of his life–it was what it was. he made peace with being a fool. and if anyone really asked him, at the end of it all– he didn’t regret what he’d done.

with what little association opollo had left in his suffocating thoughts, he looked over at alex. her expression was blank–unreadable to most, but he knew what had happened here. most of all, opallo understood the numbness she secluded to so often. he swallowed hard, deciding to leave her alone and pulling into the tree-topped alley and towards the pebbled driveway behind the beach house. now parking, he realized more than gonçalo’s car was present. it had to have been his dad and brother.

he watched as alex opened the door abruptly–mumbling a few strained words he recognized only as she steered straight for the glass doors.

we never should have left.

opallo emerged from the car, walking up the wooden steps into the house. inside was gonçalo, sitting on the couch. alex had disappeared. “palo, upstairs. your father wants to talk to you.” opallo raised his brows, nodding and silently making the trek up the stairs. he realized his fists were still clenched from the tense drive so he attempted to loosen up and at least try to put on a brave face. there wasn’t really any way to prepare himself for this talk.

walking into the office, he took a seat in front of his father’s desk. mariano put a bookmark where he was reading, but didn’t look up. his dark brows shadowed his rough, scarred face. “dad.”--opallo acknowledged.

it was strange how this house was set up–so pristine and unassuming–being as it was a frequent visit to discuss gang-related matters. the room smelled like old books and air freshener–adorned with vintage paintings and rugs of dark colors and depictions; one being mother mary with her arms raised towards heaven.

opallo didn’t waste another breath–clearing his throat and jumping in to thwart the unnerving silence. “i killed john. i shot him right in the throat. and he died on the carpet. he had alex by the throat and wouldn’t let her go.” he started, “alex’s mom–she.. she was just dead–lying there on the bathroom floor. i don’t know for how long.”

voicing out loud what he’d done and thought over for the last hour gave him a strange sense of relief despite their contents. opallo’s dad sat back in his chair–his face unmoved. “çalo is already taking care of it.”--his father finally said, his gruff voice allowing opallo to let out the breath he’d held in after reciting his story.

“don’t think it’s all over, palo. we can’t predict the future–only prevent more damage from what you’ve caused.” his dad scorned, “i get back and you’ve been shot, killed somebody–all before i can even rest or see your mother.”

opallo stayed quiet, his head felt as if it was screwed on in his direction as he looked right through his father. he felt getting shot wasn’t his fault and neither was running into john.

“do not interact with alex. or you are asking for trouble. it’s still unclear what we can even do about this besides junk the car–and it helps NO ONE if you willingly make more stupid decisions.”

opallo nodded, looking his father in the eyes to show his respect–all for his father’s peace of mind of course. there was just no way he was leaving that girl alone. his own father would be stupid to think he’d do that. “thank you.”

mariano stood up and opallo followed his motion. for a split second, a part of him thought he might be pulled into an embrace by his father. he knew it was moronic as soon as he had the feeling, but maybe a small part of him hoped for it. his father nodded at him–a sign to get out of his sight that opallo started for the door. “im glad you’re back.” he threw out before promptly exiting the room.

opallo wanted to cry walking through the hallway as he headed towards the top of the stairs. he closed his eyes and squinted hard, shaking his head before walking down them. in the living room, his uncle-in-law was gone. two people stood on the deck outside–alex was faced towards the ocean with a bottle in her hand and a cigarette in the other and his brother, who he hadn’t seen prior to coming home, stood with his back against the wood smoking his own cigarette.

he walked out onto the deck and felt the cold air brush against his face. another bout of rain-pour was approaching by the looks of the dark sky above them.

yano put his hand out for his brother and opallo accepted the greeting half-heartedly, noticing a healing cut on his brother's right brow. “you’re fuckin’ crazy. both a’ ya. an’ this one over here–” he said, tossing his head slightly in alex’s direction, “practically a dead girl walking.”

opallo looked up–exhausted of his brothers word’s already, whether comical or unempathetic: they were tiresome. and he was growing dull of it all by the minute.

“i’m not even gonna ask you. you know dad wants me to take alex to wherever she’s heading.” yano took a drag of his cigarette, looking at opallo expectantly and taking out a key ring to the dodge avenger sitting on the gravel by his lexus. opallo didn’t hesitate to act on what his brother was insinuating. even without being given the opportunity, he’d have found a way to stay by her side. he took the keys and started to walk away from both of them. over his shoulder he called for her, “lex.. let’s go.”

acknowledging opallo’s expected decision, yano exhaled his cigarette and threw a couple words in her direction as she moved to leave, “sorry kid.”

opallo walked with her side by side down the wooden steps and let her wait in the dodge as he moved her duffles into the new car. they left the premise, speeding down the freeway back towards seattle and straight to cam’s apartment downtown. he kept himself steady, consciously making the effort to drive the best he could especially around any police officers passed by on the way. there’d be no way they’d know, but it was difficult not to instinctively be careful. besides this, he couldn’t wait to let the numbness take over if his fevered mind allowed him to.

he parked inside the second-rate parking garage next to the building. vacantly throwing up two fingers at the two men sitting in the pay booth–associates of araña.

after they’d gotten all of the bags up to cam’s apartment and into the spare room, opallo layed on the couch in the living room–kicking his sneakers off and taking a swig of the bottle alex had taken with her from the house. he closed his eyes for a second--only seeing the violent flashes of john and alex appear. immediately--like awaking from a bad dream--he opened them and sat up to take another swig. jesus christ.

last call - elliott smith

© weldherwings.

Content Warning: Underage girl dating adult male, toxic relationship, emotional abuse/manpulation

livia reece
Know your life was getting boring without me. TMZ, Watch me bleed out on your screen

T
he Luka Tellegio party looked like a disaster online. Livia had full intentions on attending earlier that day but oh how things went downhill fast. It all started with a morning shift that wasn’t hers. She was able to secure a part-time job quickly even though Lauren reiterated over and over she had no obligations to work for living under the same roof. She knew men well enough. They always grinned and said there were no strings attached. There were always strings, Livia just hadn’t figured out Lauren’s m.o.

He let her have space and let her be loud and opinionated about the music he was making. She was convinced Jack was homeless by the way the kid hovered over and only talked about producing music. Lauren was kind enough that Saturday morning to drop Livia off to her new job at a rustic coffee shop that also paid her to perform on Friday nights. $50 for some fun money was worth a shitty cover of whatever Nirvana song people in Seattle liked.

Liv, where are you?

Why are you ignoring me?

Pick up.

I swear if you don't.

Livia's heart felt frozen in fear when looking at her boyfriend's texts on her fifteen minute break. Her voice cracked as she started her frantic phone call to him, almost yelling apologies only to be welcomed with his childish prank voicemail. It was only eleven o'clock when she started to cry. If he didn't answer her the first time, she knew she was in trouble Her head started to pound against the sound of the frothing machine and her heart ached as it usually didd when Ryan was this way...

"He's... actually so shit." Her roommate mumbled while Liv barely gathered herself after hyperventilating for forty-five minutes. Livia didn't remembered the way she sobbed through her break, causing her manager to check on her, watching the middle aged woman call her only emergency contact to pick her up, and being lead out of her work place into a familiar rusty green car. The only boy Livia knew in Seattle picking her up like an upset parent - something she never experienced even with her history of making girls bleed all over restroom sinks from fights. She'd get the emptiness settle for once, how small she felt when she threw her phone at her feet. She listened like a scolded child as Lauren told her she could do better... He's not even that great.... How Billy was a shit person.

Her head spun at him the moment he caught himself slipping the wrong name. He was lucky they just pulled into the South Seattle house's street as her sadness transformed into disgust. He didn't really care about her. What Lauren really cared about was "Princess Emily"... What a fucking asshole. Lauren didn't need to try to cover his ass with the shit mistake, Olivia was already scrambling to grab her things and exited the vehicle before her roommate could shift gears to park in their dirt crusted driveway.

"What I said still applies!" His defense was weaker than his standards as she slammed the door in his face. She b-lined to her room and slammed it shut to cry some more... Livia was in disaster-recovery, unsure of when her boyfriend would give up the act.

Lauren didn't even ask if she was still going to the party. The answer was clear when two hours before, Ryan finally called her back... and a screaming match started. She could hear the whining presence of Jack through the walls scurrying behind Lauren's shadow when they left the house. The call was excruciating with name calling and guilt tripping and then the static accusation, "You're probably fucking him 'cause you're desperate to not be homeless again."

There were too many wires crossing to know which one made Livia snap, "Go fuck yourself, Ryan." It was the calmness that scared the cause of Livia's woes the most. The phone call ended. The number was blocked. Everything has stopped.

Livia couldn't call herself relieved feeling so alone that Saturday night, refreshing the page to see the disaster of a party... She wish she was there to see that loser pee in his pants so she can laugh at him. Man... She wanted to make someone cry.

A
blood curdling scream came from the girls restroom that Monday morning. There was no way to say who started the fight but instagram stories showed the winner being dragged away before a wounded color guard girl cried her way through being coddled by her bystander friends. Livia would say the flag bitch said something worth getting hit, refusing to regurgitate the words thrown at her in the mirror... Liv only regretted not bashing her head into the glass as she refused to apologize. A sigh from the big-titted principal meant she was getting a slap on the wrist, her smirk made the principal regret the decision almost immediately.

Clearly this wasn't Livia's first roadeo, so her lunch detention was a week long and she would be escorted to every class with security. It was a badge of honor to Livia to be stared at now, enjoying the attention she finally deserved to have. Any attention was good attention as her personal security guard named Ross opened the door for her into Mr. Ruben Van Galder's room. He was her first period teacher and he knew well about her morning fiasco. His room was grey and boring, no life or dreams set here. He would be the lunch detention teacher with his power trip. The room already having a few kids in, she decided to sit in front beside some kid black haired kid who seemed just as thrilled to be there with her.

"Don't make me regret sitting next to you." Livia said as a clear threat for fun, glancing over to the blonde hunk type she'd tend to bother in this usual setting, "Damn, I wanted to be Bender." She smiled at her own joke, not caring if anyone got the Breakfast Club reference. She knew her older sister would laugh at it, reminding herself she should call some time.

INTERACTION:
direct interaction with AYDEN weldherwings weldherwings and passing comment to Cam TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen

FEELING:
heartbroken

THINKING:
This reminds me of when I visited my brother in juvie...

Last edited:

t

e

o

THE SUNSHINE

mood
zoom zoom zoooom

oufit

tag

Teo Choi

Had he ever stood on a skateboard before?

Well, honestly, he had not. Teo Choi was not known for his balance. More rather, he was known for the lack of it. A perfect example would’ve even been last night as he decided to twirl around the supporting beam of the patio out the front of the house before falling into a bush of prickly branches. Poor Nat had to help fish the boy out of the scraggly bush. It was probably just far more easier, safer and convenient to have left him in there in all honesty.

Sort of,” he responded, pressing his lips together, his brows furrowing as he stood there attempting to think of a time he might have actually done so. “It was less standing and more… like, well…

Teo came to the board before taking a seat down on it with his legs on either side. He then lifted his legs up onto the board, planting his feet on top and his knees pressed against his chest. “Like this, and then just like, thrash the shit out of my hands by pushing” he explained, motioning his hands to show Beth how he would move along on the skateboard. “Or even-” Without hesitation, he shifted his body and without any shame for his current appearance, laid flat on his stomach upon the board. Using the tips of his toes and his hands to row against the floor, he was able to give a small demonstration to Beth.

This is how I knocked out my two bottom teeth when I was eight,” he explained to her, slowly rocking himself in a back and forth motion using his palms against the floor. “When we went and saw my cousins who are, like, twenty years older than me. I swear they were high. Anyways. Convinced me to lie flat like this and pushed me down their driveway - which was a hill by the way. No protection. No helmet or nothing. I’m surprised I didn’t crack my skull open and get some sort of brain damage” The boy gave a small scoff before pushing himself up into a seated position upon the board once more. Feet planted on the ground, his elbows lazily rested upon the top of his knees as he gazed up towards Beth once more. “Jokes on them, I guess. One of them got divorced a couple of weeks later and the other got cancer. Not saying that it was karma or anything, but it fucking felt like it.

Without a moment of hesitation, Teo was onto the next thing. He stood up - not without giving his knees a small slap - before placing one foot upon the board. It gave a wobble, and instantly Teo felt dread lurk in the pits of his gut. Okay, so maybe it wouldn’t be as easy as he thought it would be. He was only standing there with one foot on the board, the other on the floor like normal, and he already felt like he was going to go arse over head. “I tell you what-” oh, here came the bargaining. Teo gazed towards Beth before pointing down at the board. “I can sit on the front and you can push the back. Like that dog on the surfboard. I’ll be the dog. I’d make a pretty good dog

© weldherwings.

totalleighstupid

scroll

Seeing Leigh about to break down into pitiful sobs over last night’s embarrassment, his lunch buddies immediately sprang into action: Eino, the newest at the table of champions, kindly donated his pasta and chicken nuggets to the hungry freshman, and Jonas offered the gentle words of encouragement that Leigh could always rely on his saxophone-playing friend for.

"We won't make fun of you for whatever you may or may not have done Saturday night, won't we?" Jonas’ voice was instantly soothing, prompting a flicker of a smile from Leigh as he shoveled back another therapeutic mouthful of chicken nuggets. Like most young adolescents, Leigh’s emotions were as fickle and ever-changing as the weather. Sometimes all it took was little things, like nuggets or kindness from his friends, to change the tide from tears.

"We can talk about something else. How about we talk about my genius plan to try to go to the party? I thought it was pretty good. Apparently, it wasn't. My mom took my phone privileges away and I can only come to school or home. Being grounded sucks."

“Dude, that’s no fair!! I did wayyy worse than you, and I didn’t get grounded,” Crowed Leigh, scooting his wheelchair as far up to the table as he could so that he could pat his friend on the shoulder. “Your mom should be all happy that you’re like… safe and stuff.”
Some small part of Leigh’s brain couldn’t help but wonder if his own mom would have cared at all if he’d gotten in serious danger.

As things settled down, the conversation quickly shifted gears away from Leigh’s pants-pissing debacle (much to his relief), and onto less fraught topics of conversation.

"I had a great time with Leigh and I also met somebody I really wanna get to know..." Eino had drifted into soft contemplation, immediately catching Leigh’s attention. His big blue eyes widened and sparkled like an excited puppy’s, shifting impatiently in his seat until the reveal came…

“Her name is Chloe, and…”

“Mmpbth!”

Leigh almost choked on a chicken nugget.

Chloe!?

An instant tidal wave of memories from Saturday night crashed back into Leigh’s brain. Chloe. His magical fairy friend, Chloe… they had…
Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no.
He stopped choking and swallowed hard, instantly turning beet red and trying to hide his face behind his napkin.

At Spencer’s house, when they’d finally stumbled into a place to stay late in the night, he remembered the couch they’d all been sitting on, the mesmerizing dancing vegetables bouncing across the television screen, planting sloppy kisses onto Chloe’s strawberry-glossed lips…

Oh no.
Oh no, this was bad. This was very bad.
Chloe was Carter’s ex. CARTER. Leigh’s BROTHER. BROTHERS DON’T STEAL CHICKS FROM BROTHERS.
And now he was also doubly stealing a girl from one of his new best friends! This was in violation of every article of the Bro Code. This was a disaster. He had to think fast before this completely exploded into another bombshell of catastrophe–

“--Ididn’teverkissChloeit’sokay!!” Leigh blurted out, loud enough to be heard in a radius of several lunch tables away.
Oops.

FUN
Troye Sivan

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back