• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Grishaverse (Closed)

Characters
Here

jinxxes

[disgust in gucci]

rikki.

• mood

Calm and collected

The tap of fingers along the desk was incessant. Four rolling knocks, swinging legs, a whistle-

"Be quiet, I'm trying to think."
Rikki’s piercing eyes glared at the one responsible for all the noise, a small fellow perched at the edge of his space waiting ever so patiently. Rikki gave him three seconds to consider how to proceed, then jammed a knife right by the young boy's hand. There was no flinch, just silence finally encompassing the air, and a slide off the edge to stand.

Rikki’s eyes shut once again to continue the thought process when the perpetrators' voice rang out. “Who do you have so far?” And the blond was forced again to drag a tired gaze to him in silence. “What? I thought I could help choose.”

"Mishka."
The voice was low and in warning, that if things continued on, the next knife might not go into the desk.

Rikki folded his hand, placing his face on them.
"I have a general idea but...."
He was not looking for Mishka’s input as he started speaking, just to word his dilemma to make a decision.

That wouldn’t stop Mishka though. “You don’t like all the candidates?”

"I don't like any of the candidates."
Rikki corrected.
"But id doesn't matter if they're the right for for the job."
He let out a sigh, plucking the still standing knife out of his desk and pointed it at Mishka.
"I need my spy, of course. You ready to travel back home?"

A couple blinks, then a giant grin spread across Mishka’s face. “You want me?” As a new member, Mishka wasn’t the most trusted. Not to mention, his skills typically had him working solo and in secret. But Mishka traveled across a lot of Ravka, and he had even stickier fingers than Rikki. It was time to bring him in.

“Who else, who else?” And here was why Rikki wasn’t excited to deal with collecting the team. Nearly every single one, if not all, were going to be hell in one way or another. For Mishka, that was the never-ending energy and mouth.

Rikki didn’t answer, instead, he stood, sheathing his knife and stretching. At least this was one person he didn’t have to explain all the details toom which brought some relief. Mishka had been the one to bring forth this wonderful job. And despite the neverending talking- The brat knew what he had to hold his tongue about. He could keep a secret.

Ignoring the outburst was the best call, it was like training a dog, don’t give it any reactions and it will settle. Mishka was completely ignored like a little yapping pup, in turn, to pick up his things. Without a spared glance, don’t give the dog anything until it’s calmed, he began his descent out of his office and off to the streets. Like the obedient mutt he was, Mishka scaled down from the office window to join, seeming to understand that Rikki wasn’t going to give anything as the situation was. Finally some quiet.

They traveled together in uneasy silence, Rikki had a habit of taking the back roads to avoid foot traffic and attention. Someone else might catch wind of the storm brewing if he was spotted bringing together a group like this. It was in their best interest to keep this as low as possible, and most advantageous to stay weary from the get go.

"Follow from above and keep lookout."
Rikki’s voice broke the heavy air, always the paranoid. If he could bring down the numbers of people moving together, all the better.

There was some sort of bristle to Mishka, as if he wished to say something, but appeared to have decided against it to follow Rikki’s demand. Good dog.

Rikki felt more at ease like this, there was information to be gained from both what Mishka could and could not see, and the more control he had over that the better he could plan.

Winding through the streets, sticking to shadows, the destination was in reach: The Orchid. It was time to pick up a Heartrender.

Rikki entered the building with an ease as if he owned the place, waltzing right up to the front desk.
"I'm here to see Nikolai."
It wasn’t a request, it was a courtesy warning that he was going there immediately.

“She’s with someone right now.”

The warning meant nothing to Rikki, he gave a dismissive wave to start heading towards the room he knew of her work, steps silent as to avoid alerting the two of his presence. Bending down, he produced a lockpick and got to business. Within seconds, he was straightening back up, hand on the knob, and stepping in.

Mishka was right back at Rikki’s side as he opened Nikolai’s room, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. They were with a man, soothing out whatever godforsaken problem his money bought him instead of taking care of its source. He’d much rather have walked in on them unclothed, Rikki thought messing with emotions was disgusting.

"Wrap it up."
His voice carried an edge as he refused to look directly at Nikolai’s gentle touch. Just thinking about what she was doing sent hives along his arms. But he stood firm, just waiting. His posture and glare said it all, no room to argue, only to listen.

Rikki couldn’t say whether or not the fool was smart enough to see the threat, or calm enough under Grisha spell to not be bothered. It didn’t matter either way, just that he was leaving before long. Mishka dutifully locked the door behind him.

"Hello Nikolai."
He greeted as if he hadn’t just chased away a client. Business was business and Rikki’s proposition paid more.
"I hope you can pardon my interruption."
He bloomed with sarcasm. The Orchid and Nikolai could get over it, and that was exactly why he led next with:
"How does around three million extra kruge to your name sound to make up for it?"
Money talks, and that price was shouting from the rooftops.

Clearly, the correct answer was something along the lines of amazing, with an intelligent ‘too good to be true’ attached along. So Rikki continued.
"And as a Grisha, how does the incredible powers of Jurda parem without the deadly side effects appeal?"
A pause.
"Alleged."
Rikki didn’t believe something could be so great without a take in return, but it made its price certainly desirable so he had no qualms with the rumor.

"There’s whispers of an amplifier that can complete such a feat, and I found someone willing to pay quite the sum to hunt it down."
He tilted his head as he looked over Nikolai to study her reactions.
"Currently, the trail leads to Ravka. It's going to be a long trip."
His gaze finally traveled up to make eye contact.
"I want my Heartender with me."

Borderline

Nico Collins

♡coded by uxie♡

Nikolai.

• mood

hi rikki!

Nikolai preferred work that focused on their power rather than… you know. Today was one of those days where they had more bookings for soothing aches and relieving stress. The latter of which she was doing now.

“Just lay back.”
The sheets were changed between each client regardless of use but that didn’t stop some of them from hesitating. Nikolai narrowed their eyes before giving the client a quick brush behind the neck and some extra convincing. With a shallow sigh, the man laid back.

The Grisha got to work, brushing over his forearms in a gentle fashion. He was tense, but nothing Nikolai couldn’t work with. Blood was much easier to sway than the mind itself. As they bid it to flow, slowly and methodically, his muscles loosened, melting over his skeleton like a puzzle piece that was finally connecting.

Just as his breath slowed, Nikolai’s movements stuttered. Another heartbeat had joined them, one they’d been unable to block out for the past few months.

“You should go,”
Nikolai warned, leaving the client’s heart to its own devices.

The man, of course, was flabbergasted, but nothing could be done about that. “You dare speak to a customer that way? I have been nothing but polite-“

“Do understand. I quite enjoy your company. Which is why I must warn you,”
Nikolai urged as they heard the clattering at the lock. The man still moved much too slow, a hand on his shoulder could help persuade, but he had yet to stand,
“I am being much nicer than-“

And there he was, with guest. In the open door stood Rikki, unable to look at them, and Mishka, probably finding his eye catching too much in this room. With the way his heart picked up, Nikolai knew he recognized their superior.
“Him,”
they finished, dropping the man’s wrist.

Three words from Rikki had him throwing on his coat and out the door. As for Nikolai, they dropped onto the bed, leaning back on their palms for support. Despite Rikki’s unscheduled visit, he was a welcome guest. Mishka, well, this was no place for children, but they couldn’t get enough of the kid.

“Rikki, always a pleasure,”
Nikolai smiled, crossing one leg over the other.
“I don’t usually do walk ins, but I’ll make an exception.”
For what they owed him, he shouldn’t take no for an answer, but he would’ve. The moment he said the world million, Nikolai would have taken it back regardless.

This was a gamble for sure. There must be a catch. Yet, Nikolai leaned forward, ready to hear more. And Rikki was ready to go on without another word. The mention of Parem however made their lips tighten. Now, who were they to turn down a good drug, but this result was hardly something they’d be willing to test. Of course Rikki had the same sense. Alleged.

An amplifier was less terrifying to test out. Nikolai just might if it had been theirs to have. They shouldn’t have assumed such. Still, three million Kruge was nothing to laugh at. And in Ravka? They’d never been, but wanting to go seemed to be natural for them. It had been, after all, their original final destination.

Rikki’s eyes met theirs, Nikolai’s heart jumping the same moment his did. The Grisha hated it when the two of them did that. Such a thing must’ve been normal in the little science, but it wasn’t something they’d experienced with anyone else. But Rikki wasn’t just anyone, she had never felt a heart so strong.

His Heartrender. Nikolai tried to ignore the wording. They hated the idea of belonging to someone, the invisible leash on their neck pulled tight. There was no one else they could trust more than Rikki, but there was no use denying the fact that they owed him everything and he’d exploit that. Such was the way in the barrel. Own or be owned.

Nikolai swallowed, trying their best not to show each conflicting emotion they’d just been through.
“You’ll have me,”
He confirmed, eyes breaking from their leader’s.
“If the Orchid will allow it.”
A small issue, nothing they didn’t think he could handle, but something to keep in mind

The Grisha’s gaze settled down on Mishka,
“I suppose he’s coming too.”
He’d been present for the explanation, and Nikolai could see him as an asset in Ravka. More importantly, he was someone they wouldn’t mind spending this time with.
“First real job?”
They’d been on a few other long term missions like this but nothing so far away. From what they knew, Mishka mainly snuck around the city.
“Congratulations.”
Hopefully it wouldn’t be his last.

So far this trip seemed cozy. Something had to ruin it. Like the fact that the three of them couldn’t possibly take on anyone else after this amplifier if they tried.
“Who else do you need?”
Naturally nosy, Nikolai also had preferences when it came to the other Dregs. Some of them were scarier than she could handle, and others were simply annoying. Again, not that the list would do anything to sway them, the Grisha went where Rikki went.

black sea

natasha blume

♡coded by uxie♡

rikki.

• mood

Let's get this over with

Calling Rikki a pleasure was certainly a stretch. But at times, some of the Heartrenders actions seemed like they confirmed the statement. It didn’t matter. As expected, Nikolai was well eager enough to join the hunt with a few million kruge on the line. Not to mention they would be stupid to deny any request of Rikki’s in the first place. He made good on promises just as much as he did on threats. Made for quite the reputable propositions.

Long fingers ran through blond hair, smoothing out any flyaways. Mishka had asked similarly who else would be partaking in this adventure. Nikolai was a lot luckier in the given response.
"Next up is Matteo."
It didn’t answer the full query but to get anything out of him was a win.

Rikki took a look over Nikolai again, eyes spending a scrutinizingly long time hovering over her body.
"Change."
The order was quick and intense.
"You’re already conspicuous. I would like to stay under the radar as much as possible."

A few beats passed between the room, Mishka quickly vacated at the order but… Rikki didn’t move an inch as cruel eyes stared down the Heartrender. There was no change in his body’s reactions to infer anything, and certainly no way to gauge it emotionally.

"Right."
Having waited for Nikolai to break and speak up before finally making a move. Willingly turning his back on him, Rikki made way out of the room.
"I’ll settle checking you out of here. Don’t take long."
Loud crash punctuating the end of the sentence of slamming the door behind him.

Back at the front, Rikki spoke flippantly as he paid (only a minor threatening nature included for a reasonable discount) and awaited for the return of the giant.

There was no need to look up, familiar steps reached his ears and he was already turning to head out the door. Nikolai would follow, there was no concern about them catching up to his even steps.

Same with Mishka, no doubt he was already outside waiting to spot their figures leaving the building and following from the shadows. Out past the door, Rikki could feel the eyes on him that confirmed the idea.

Onwards for number four of this rag-tag team and, frankly, one of the ones Rikki was least looking forward to having along.

If Nikolai expected any good company during this little walk they were sure to be disappointed. This was a mission, a job. No point in fraternizing. The only important information was related to the job and he wasn’t about to be speaking openly about those details. So silence it was.

Fitting for a library.

The rat bastard was sure to be somewhere around, buried in boring nonsense or trying to pick up some bookworm. Either way, it could wait till he was a few more million kruge richer. Books and whores weren’t going anywhere, a deal of a lifetime would.

Target in sight, the two made eye contact pretty quick a silent ‘get over here’ conveyed with a small movement of his head. Now, Matteo Wright was a grievance, but skipping out with a summons wasn’t common. Motherfucker got some hard-on for annoying him or something so he seemed more than eager to stick around. For Matt standards at least. Confident he’d follow to a quieter place without much explanation, Rikki turned his back to lead where he could give his ‘I’m picking up who I need, shut up and follow for now’ spiel again.

Too many problem children.

But, they were what the job called for. No matter how much he tried and wished it to be true, others meant power. Each of these choices had skills Rikki foresaw being of use and, no matter how infuriating, were good at what they did.

Satisfied at their location avoiding nosey ears or prying eyes, Rikki shifted for Matt’s catch-up. Mishka was still watching, but he seemed content to keep out of sight this time. Probably because of the less closed-off area and this being the third time having to listen to Rikki explain, better to just keep watch. This meant Rikki was basically alone with the two people who had the ability to read him best. A Heartrender who’s powers specialized in people and just… Fucking Matteo.

"Three million kruge."
Right to the point with the prize.
"Details after we pick up the rest. You in?"
No flowery language of coercion. No time spent conversing. Just the money and the unspoken notion that Rikki was desperate enough for his talents that he’d put up with it all.

Take the fucking deal, Wright.

Borderline

Nico Collins

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back