• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Greyborn.

Octavia; Skairipa

knockout pout.
Grey Skies.

She wondered if there were any other colour but grey these days. She'd been told once, by her grandfather who was long gone by now, that when he was growing up, he'd seen the sky be a variety of colours. Pink in the mornings, blue at noon, golden and into red as the sun went down. Sometimes it was purple, sometimes it was a deep dark blue, and sometimes it was nothing but a sheet of silk black.

She felt a little sad for herself. It had only ever been grey for her; maybe lighter or darker depending on the hour, but only ever grey.

She stopped to think about that for a while. She didn't even know what the sun was. She'd asked him that too, when he was describing the colours to her. "The sun," he'd said, sighing as he looked to the sky. He closed his eyes and the muscles in his face shifted as he remembered. "It's warm." She didn't know how to picture that. She'd felt warmth before, but not from the sky, not from this magical circle in the sky.

She lifted her head up, imitating him. She closed her eyes. She twisted her face, trying to picture it like he seemed to be doing. A moment passed and neither of them moved. Her face scrunched up, this was stupid. She opened both her eyes and stood up. "I bet you're havin' a good laugh over there old man. I bet you made up this 'sun' business. Warmth doesn't come from the sky, just like nobody lives out past that wall." She pointed, marking the end of the sentence with the gesture. He couldn't see it though, his eyes were still closed. He was lost in his memories. She huffed and dropped her hand.

---
Set in a future, post scarcity dystopian world in which the sun has disappeared long ago and a new society built behind a wall to protect the people from the dangers of the wild, wild world.

As far as we know, nature has reclaimed most of the United States.

As far as we know, this city is the only humanity we have left.

As far as we know...

Without the sun, science turned to genetically engineering food and water. "The government will provide!" is a running propagandistic motto that keeps everyone calm.

But curiosity looms in some, complacency isn't for everyone, and adventure is out there.

What would it take for you to take that risk?

Multiple Extreme weather patterns. It'll all be explained later. I just didn't want to put the effort into writing it all out if no one was interested. The exact reason the sun has been covered isn't all that important to the plot, but it will be in the Lore (and it probably won't be exactly scientifically possible, I'm not a scientist, but it opens up more creativity for all.)

Multiple Extreme weather patterns. It'll all be explained later. I just didn't want to put the effort into writing it all out if no one was interested. The exact reason the sun has been covered isn't all that important to the plot, but it will be in the Lore (and it probably won't be exactly scientifically possible, I'm not a scientist, but it opens up more creativity for all.)
That's fine. As long as it seems plausible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back