The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Greek Mythos: The Gods Awaken
greek-mythology.jpg
Darkness Has a Purpose

History Repeats Itself

Greek heroes, gods, and Titans are a thing of the past. Their stories are nothing but mythology, fodder for creative licensing and parody. But what if they had been real all along?

The Three Fates, long asleep since the gods fell out of human favor, have been stirring. To their surprise, their spirits have been reborn into human forms. All three receive visions, visions that tell them of the locations of the gods and heroes and Titans... also in human form. Just like the Fates, the former Titans, gods, and heroes have been incarnated into human forms. However, unlike the Fates, they are completely unaware of their past lives and have been living as humans.

The Fates attempt to contact these Greek figures, but some cosmic force prevents it. All they manage to do is send a telepathic message that compels the human reincarnations to come to the base of Mount Olympus, though their reasons for doing so vary.

When they all find their way to the mountain's base, the real trouble begins. The spirits of the former Greek figures begin warring with their current human forms. The spirit of Zeus calls out to Hera, but Zeus's human form doesn't necessarily agree. Needless to say, this is not sunshine and roses for the Greek spirits and their human incarnations.

Without their meaning to, the reincarnated Greek figures start re-living their myths. Perseus fights with Medusa, Hades pines after Persephone, and Aphrodite cheats on Hephaestus... Though these "re-done" myths don't play out the same way as the original stories, this is not mere chance. Someone is playing the gods and heroes like a violin.

Can the Fates, gods, and heroes stop their destinies from repeating themselves, before it's too late?

There Is Redemption Through Chaos

Hey there, funky fresh people! Oh, God, what was that greeting... Gen here! I decided to reboot this since it was technically my fault it kinda went dead in the first place... oy vey... But I'm back!

This RP will be fairly slow-paced, since I have a life, and I'm sure you all have lives, too. One post a week? Fine by me! If you post twenty times a week, well... Hold your horses, there, Poseidon.

In case it wasn't clear, all of our characters will be HUMAN. They simply have the Greek spirits hidden deep somewhere in their human soul. It is because of that spirit that our characters will start "re-living" their myths. Otherwise, you can genderbend, make up your own personality for your character, etc, etc. But again, please ask if something's not clear!

REALISTIC FACE-CLAIMS ONLY. Okay, now that that's out of the way, each of our characters will have 1-2 powers that they have possessed all their lives. They should mostly match the myth surrounding the character. If they're completely over-powered, I will tell you. Just watch out and put some limitations on them, 'kay?

For the most part, this RP will be driven by all of us. I'm not the one coming up with how everyone "re-lives" their myths. I'm simply the one controlling the Fates. : P Be creative! Talk it out with others! I'm sure this will be a helluva lot of fun if we all pitch in. That said, character progression would be great. I know my characters will certainly learn a thing or two. Will yours?

Oh, and by the way, there's really no limit on characters. I only have 10 because I can't choose between my Greek OCs and I love them and I have a problem.

Don't be me.

Don't.

I'm pretty sure that's it! : )
I Believe In That

Possible Characters List
Note: Separated by type of Greek figure. If there are any not on this list that you would like to pursue, ask me about it. I might say no only because of how much is known about them.

Aphrodite (Goddess of Love)
Apollo (God of Music, Prophecy, Sun, Medicine, and Others)
Ares (God of War)
Artemis (Goddess of the Hunt and Moon)
Athena (Goddess of Wisdom and War)
Demeter (Goddess of Agriculture and Grains)
Dionysus (God of Wine and Revelry)
Hades (God of the Underworld)
Hephaestus (God of Blacksmiths and Fire)
Hera (Queen of the Gods and Goddess of Marriage and Birth)
Hermes (Messenger of the Gods, God of Travelers and Thieves)
Poseidon (God of the Sea and Earthquakes)
Zeus (King of the Gods, God of the Sky and Lightning)

Calliope (Muse of Epic Poetry)
Clio (Muse of History)
Euterpe (Muse of Music, Song, and Lyric Poetry)
Erato (Muse of Love Poetry)
Melpomene (Muse of Tragedy)
Polyhymnia (Muse of Hymns)
Terpischore (Muse of Dance)
Thalia (Muse of Comedy)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Urania (Muse of Astronomy)

Atlas (Titan of Endurance Who Held Up the Heavens)
Coeus (Titan of Intelligence and Pillar of the North)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Crius (Pillar of the South)
Epimetheus (Titan of Hindsight and Creator of Mankind)
Hyperion (Titan of Heavenly Light and Pillar of the West)
Iapetus (Titan of Mortality and Pillar of the East)
Kronos (Titan of Harvest)
(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CHRONOS, THE GOD OF TIME)
Oceanus (Titan Lord of the Seas)
Prometheus (Titan of Forethought and Creator of Mankind)
Phoebe (Titan of the Moon and the Oracle of Delphi)
Rhea (Titan of Motherhood and Mother of the Gods)
Themis (Titan of Divine Law and Order)

Aeolus (God of All Winds)
Antheia (Goddess of Flowers)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Arke (Messenger of the Titans)
Asclepius (God of Medicine)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Boreas (God of the North Wind)
Eris (Goddess of Chaos, Discord, and Strife)
Eros (God of Love)
Euros (God of the East Wind)
Gaia (Goddess of the Earth)
Ganymede (God of Homosexual Love)
Harmonia (Goddess of Harmony)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Hecate (Goddess of Magic and Witchcraft)
Hestia (Goddess of the Hearth and Home)
Hypnos (God of Sleep)~TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Iris (Goddess of Rainbows and Messenger of the Gods)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Lethe (Goddess of Forgetfulness)
(You're lucky, Becca, because I originally crossed her off the list.)
Macaria (Goddess of Blessed Death)~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Melinoe (Goddess of Ghosts)
Morpheus (God of Dreams)
Nemesis (Goddess of Divine Retribution and Revenge)
Nike (Goddess of Victory)
Notos (God of the South Wind)
Nyx (Goddess of Night)
Ouranos (God of the Sky)
Pan (God of the Wild and Nature)
Persephone (Goddess of Springtime)
Thanatos (God of Death)
Zephyrus (God of the West Wind)

Achilles
Atalanta
Bellerophon
Cyrene
Hercules
Jason
Meleager
Odysseus
Orion
Orpheus~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Perseus
Phaethon
Theseus

Adonis~ TAKEN BY ORDER OF THE GM
Andromeda
Arachne
Ariadne
Calypso
Cassandra
Circe
Daedalus
Echo
Eurydice
Helen of Troy
Hippolyta
Icarus
Midas
Medusa
Narcissus
Pandora
Penelope
Psyche

I Think That's the Basis of Greek Mythology

Rules N' Such

Please respect your fellow players. Like really. Let's not insult/criticize/indirectly antagonize anyone. I've seen it all. Not fun.

If you have a problem with another player, please inform me first. Or be a badass and tell them that what they're doing isn't cool. No, but seriously. Tell me first.

Oh, yeah, follow RPN rules. That'd be great.

I'm pretty sure I'm the GM, so if anyone tries to usurp me, I'll whup your ass.

I'm more than okay with romance. But nothing that's so gushy and ew that I want to gouge my eyes out reading it. I like romance, but not the overly cheesy kind.
(Also make sure the other person is okay with it. Don't be that jerk.)

This is gonna be casual/detailed, about two to three nice paragraphs minimum. Paragraphs are fun. NO ONE-LINERS. And please be able to grammar. It kinda sucks when I have no idea what you're trying to say.

TELL ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE ABSENT. IF SOMETHING CAME UP UNEXPECTEDLY, TELL ME WHEN YOU COME BACK. DO NOT JUST DISAPPEAR. I WILL EITHER PRETEND YOUR CHARACTER DOESN'T EXIST OR KILL THEM. (Jk, I'll just let someone else have them...or just pretend they never existed...)

As of right now, this is technically not first come, first serve. CSs are purely applying for certain roles. Since this is detailed, I'll be picky with the CSs that come my way. And I might ask for a writing sample under the CS, but we'll see about that.

Any questions? Ask! (But make sure you read EVERYTHING first. Don't be that guy.)

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Last edited:
I'll rejoin, gen. :3
[ AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ]

And if you want a co still, I'm up for it. Not in many active rp's at the moment.

I know I definitely wanna bring my Persephone back, but I know it's not first come first serve. Just letting you know. :3

interested as always!
might snatch hades, apollo, hera and eurydice < 3

Last edited:
i'm interested,, with different characters this time!!
i'm eyeing off athena, artemis and midas (and now poseidon oops)

don't let me make anymore than that pls

Last edited:
i shouldn't be doing this but. . . i blame nymphadora. nymphadora. and i swear i'm only going to try for two characters: Muse Euterpe and Minor Goddess Melinoe !
because Magdalena is already made and I miss my child

Last edited:
Sup gen, long time no see, I'm back and you've roped me in.

Eyeing up Medusa, Eris, Harmonia and Aphrodite.

My lord this will be the death of me.

I am interested.
I'd just be playing one character. My interests are Hades, Thanatos, or Echo.

Interesting how you said 1, but express interest in 3...

I'll rejoin, gen. :3
[ AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ]

And if you want a co still, I'm up for it. Not in many active rp's at the moment.

I know I definitely wanna bring my Persephone back, but I know it's not first come first serve. Just letting you know. :3

Yes please help me I'm disorganized as all hell XD

interested as always!
might snatch hades, apollo, hera and eurydice < 3

Kenny randomly rolled on the ground
I'm a lil' concerned

i'm interested,, with different characters this time!!
i'm eyeing off athena, artemis and midas

don't let me make anymore than that pls

Who are you to complain I HAVE 10

I'm interested! (Persephone, Pandora, Athena or Odysseus)

Can I just say
I love your avatar

i shouldn't be doing this but. . . i blame nymphadora. nymphadora. and i swear i'm only going to try for two characters: Muse Euterpe and Minor Goddess Melinoe !
because Magdalena is already made and I miss my child

TWINKLY STARRRRRRRRRR <3 <3 <3 <3
Avie: MAGDAAAAAAAAA

Interested in Nemesis and Nike~

Cool beans!
I should post the CS soon, huh

Sup gen, long time no see, I'm back and you've roped me in.

Eyeing up Medusa, Eris, Harmonia and Aphrodite.

My lord this will be the death of me.

I missed ya too ;)

i'm interested in joining!
Eris, Nyx, or Icarus would be hella cool to go with if that's possible at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ;
GEN GEN DAHLING!
Magdalena: gasp softly ohmy! Avie! Salut! Comment vas-tu? I have missed you! Sebby’s been teaching me French. . . I think I have improved! Please tell me what you’ve been up to the for the past months! Tell me everything!

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ;
GEN GEN DAHLING!
Magdalena: gasp softly ohmy! Avie! Salut! Comment vas-tu? I have missed you! Sebby’s been teaching me French. . . I think I have improved! Please tell me what you’ve been up to the for the past months! Tell me everything!

Why can't I give a post five bajillion hearts
WHYYYYY
Avie: Salut salut! Je suis heureuse! I've missed you, too! I've been studying and twirling and all the wonderful things us Frenchies do!

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Another thing, I want to take all my oldies characters which are Athena, Apollo, Melpomene, Pan

Are we gonna use the same discord, if it still exists, or make a new one?

you know, assuming we use it. xD

Are we gonna use the same discord, if it still exists, or make a new one?

you know, assuming we use it. xD

I'm not gonna use a Discord anymore for this because otherwise I will have zero to no communication with everyone....which is depressing

I'll do an OOC tomorrow <3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread