• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Grand Morfonica: To Save Humanity

PurpleTrees

Cant hold a relationship for longer then 2 months
30 years ago, an alien species known as the Aegin attacked earth, leaving portions of the planet in shambles. For a while, no one knew what to do, until Doctor Elio Berenstein founded the Morfos Corporation, a group of soldiers enhanced by the unique “Morfos Serum” that are trained and geared to defeat the Aegin. Though the crisis hasn’t ended, Aegin attacks have become more rare then before. The Morfos Corporation still accepts monthly recruits, and you so happened to be picked. After the surgery is complete, you’re given paperwork to fill out to finish your initiation.

In-lore explanations:
Morfos:
Members of the Morfos Corporation. They’re enhanced by the Morfos Serum to give them enhanced physical abilities to fight the Aegin with. Morfos come in 4 ranks; C rank, B rank, A rank, and S rank. Morfos tend to go by chosen code names to the public as to not attract any unwanted attention within their personal lives.

Morfos Serum:
A special serum created by Doctor Elio Berenstein. It grants the subject increased physical strength, greater resistance to pain, heat, and cold, as well as many other enhancements. Occasionally it can cause side effects that cause permanent mutations on the subjects body. This can range from changes in hair and/or eye color or even changes in face shape. It also causes a red, butterfly shaped mark below the subjects left wrist to appear.

Aegin:
An alien race that attacked earth for no known reason. They seems to be able to communicate in most languages and even infect humans with a strange parasite. Their motives for what they do are unknown, all we know is that they serve as a threat to humanity.

(This idea has been stewing in my head for months, if it gets enough interest l’ll make a character sheet!)

So! Its like a non-evil Shinra Corporation.

I will think of a character. I'm kind of interested.

Apologies for the late response! I think I’ll put up the character sheet if we can get atleast one more person on board, from my experience smaller roleplays tend to die out quicker.

and I, my good sirs, am that one person! *dramatic flourish followed by a face plant*

PurpleTrees PurpleTrees Hey, I just noticed something a little weird. Wouldnt it be weird if a whole corporation were managed by soldiers? I imagine there are regular businessmen, accountants and receptionist, as well as people in charge of support taking care of everything off the field.

Just like the Shinra Corporation in FF7 has the Soldier branch, we could call ourselves "Agents". Morfos Agents!

The idea looks interesting,is there an idea of what kind of world this takes place in (to help character building)? Is Earth much more high tech than what we have now? Do the aliens use advanced technology or mainly rely on infiltration to further their plot? Are the structure and nations of the world also the same as ours?

I'd imagine it takes place in the far future, probably around 2070-2075. The technology is a lot more advanced then our current area. As for the plot, its mainly gonna go along as I come up with it. I have a general idea for the way I want to go but besides that anything is on the table really. The aliens use not necessarily more advanced tech, but more complex technology that makes it harder to find an effective method of defeating them besides just killing them. And the overall map is generally the same as now, but there are a few difference (Ex. Certain cities are pretty much wastelands from attacks such as Berlin or San Franciso while other are thriving metropolis like New York or Shanghai.) Ill probably make a map detailing the state of certain cities at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back