Gotham

Characters: Tick, Tock
Tags: Loony_Bin Loony_Bin ChazGhost ChazGhost
Drake made a comment first, but it didn't matter. Freddy answered--and with authority. Not the type of authority one attained from position or rank, either. The type that was carried out in their voice. Drake had an air of questioning--probing the situation for answers. But, Freddy? He was the answer.

And, with the words permeating the air, each device activated in a different way. One girl in the corner had her skull impaled with a dozen nails, giving her a longer, gruesome death. Two men were somehow decapitated--their heads rolling from their shoulders. Not all of them were visible, but the snaps and crushing twangs of spring-loaded metal filled the air regardless. The man that explained the rules of the game? Two rivets in his jaw flung down, ripping it open. He didn't actually die, but his jaw was broken loose and his screams lacked no agony.

This was from Freddy. This was his decision. If he thought he was going to outplay the game, he was wrong.

"What an interesting development..."

"Yes, but do you feel that power? Isn't it delicious?"

"Of course I do, but--"

"--I know, brother. We can't use any of it, yet.

"They got lucky. Those Clowns won't be happy, either. They expected more time."

"No doubt, but they've played our game enough they can't touch us.

"Good thing. They're crazier than we are.

The air changed. Not just the smell of putrid iron, but also the quasi-mystic forces that the world was in. As if a bubble popped. While Drake and Freddy had no way of knowing, the twisted dimension they were in had shattered once the 'game' was over. Tick and Tock, the invisible game masters, had left. The little quirks of the world came back. The light sprinkle that was picking up outside. The sound of a passing car--even the odd-beat churn of its old motor. It was an odd shift; the subtler details are easy to overlook until they're gone. Like silence in the woods.

This shift was met by one other change. A code started blaring across the radio. A 10-1-3. 10 codes were used universally by cops. 10-1 codes were for meta-human or potential meta-human threats. In Gotham city, a 10-1-3 meant Jokerz sightings. Even without a radio, emergency signals were sent out. Signals Freddy no-doubt had some access to.

Tags: ChazGhost ChazGhost Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul
Silence.

That's all that was left after Freddy watched multiple people he knew die violently in just a few seconds.

Freddy slowly sat down and leaned against a wall for a few seconds, looking ahead, not at the bodies, not at Drake, just straight ahead for a few seconds. He didn't break down this time, at least not visibly, this seemed more akin to a shut down, he just stared out into space for a few seconds. He heard faintly in the communications in his helmet about the 10-1-3 in progress, and in the back of the mind he knew he needed to move, he knew innocents would die if he didn't get out there, but at the moment he simply took off the helmet and put it beside him. He spoke towards Drake, but it was almost as if he was more speaking to himself, trying to work out something he was thinking about, "How many days has it been since I met you Drake? I swear memory tells me it's been a day, but that can't be possible. I can't have fucked up this much in just a week or so. I can't have lost so much of this thing I've been building for so many years in under a month. I can't have lost it to dumb luck and bad decisions, I just- I can't..."

Freddy blinked a few times before speaking again, sounding tired in a way he hadn't since, well...since the months after Alcatraz probably, "I'm sorry for what it's worth Drake. I'm sorry I've lost my head and lead you into this...this situation, I'm sorry I fucked this all up, and I'm sorry you came to Gotham excepting something great out of the Red Hood and got this...this..." Freddy trailed off and stopped talking, thinking for a second about the nights he spent tucked away in his room trying to plan ways to convert criminals to his cause instead of spending time with his family...instead of spending time with his brother, decisions that probably would've saved him so much grief if he'd just taken the other path.

Freddy slowly and weakly stood up and put on his helmet before beginning to wade through the corpses and towards the elevator,
"There's been a Jokerz sighting, I'm going to go check it out, if you're feeling like you need a drink and a pretty lady after all of this instead of a shootout, I understand. Nearest bar is just around the corner, drinks are pretty cheap from what I hear."

Tags: Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Drake went wide eyed as he watched the traps take affect and horrifically kill people. "Well... I am not forgetting this day anytime soon." Drake commented as today became more or less the most disturbing day he has had so far. But as Drake was taking this relatively well it seemed Freddy was having another breakdown.

Drake listened to Freddy's apologize and suggest for Drake to go to a bar if needed. "I feel like your the one who needs a drink and a lady" Drake with sigh as began walking out of the backroom they were in. Drake then noised the guy who explained the "rules" was still alive, in pain. Drake turned back to Freddy as his shadow turned into a spike and went through the poor broken jawed man head to put him out of his misery. "So how about we take care of the Jokerz and then we can get a drink together, cool?" Drake suggested.

Drake then headed to the elevator. He waited for Freddy to follow and enter the elevator with him. "By the way, I would say a man who went through his betraying him, trying to kill him, and then watching them go though a serious of jigsaw deaths and then still plan to go out and fight crime is defiantly a man of interest at the very least." Drake smirked.

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ChazGhost ChazGhost
Freddy looked at Drake, and for a moment, he saw the man standing next to him differently, not as a nuance to drag around or powerful tool to use, but as another person, someone to rely on, and as much as it was odd to think, a sort of anchor to help him process everything that was happening. This however was quickly drowned out by the reminder that the Jokerz were on the loose at the moment, and that he didn't particularly want to be in this room at the moment, so instead Freddy slammed the button on the elevator to take them up, and as they ascended up the elevator whispered faintly under his breath to Drake, "Thank you..."

As soon as the two men reached topside Freddy stepped out the elevator and fiddled with a knob at the side of his helmet, tuning his helmet's radio to better hear the police bulletin.

The APB went out, sure, but it wasn't until tuning into secured frequencies that the real information was being poured out. According to the reports, at least four different groups of Jokerz with meta-human abilities were assaulting Fort Clinton. The North walls had already been breached and some of the stationed guards killed after a failed firefight. The East and West reported skirmishes and an uncounted number of dead civilians on the streets. There were no direct attacks going on there, but it proved that they were making the area dangerous for as long as there was no one responding. Fort Clinton wasn't even a real Fort. It was a historical landmark famous for the traitor Benedict Arnold, so this wasn't just a strike at military forces. The only reason there were guards was tradition. Yet, oddest of all, there appeared to be a female Joker attempting to make negotiations for a surrender for the 'troops' at Fort Clinton to which actual officers were responding now.

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ChazGhost ChazGhost
Freddy listened to the report for awhile until he was sure he had all the info on the situation he could get, after which he gestured with his head for Drake to follow him, "The Jokerz are holding hosages at Fort Clinton, we have to be careful here because not only are there negotiations going on as we speak, but hostages aren't exactly the Jokerz M.O. so there's probably something else going on here..."

Freddy lead Drake to the back of the base and towards a stack of large metal shipping containers, hidden behind which was a truck from the Post Office, the sight of which Freddy sighed at as he walked towards the passengers seat, "We were supposed to load this up with guns and other supplies and drive it back to the depot that way the shipping companies would deliver our weapons for us, but considering we no longer have the man power to do that over here, there's no better use for the damn thing than to get us to Clinton quicker. Now go on and get in the driver seat, keys should be in the glove box I'll see if I can keep track of the situation on the police frequency." Freddy got into the passenger seat and sat down for a few moments before sticking his head out this window at Drake, "Also, make sure you stop five or six blocks away from Clinton, we don't want to get spotted immediately."

Drake waited as Freddy listened to police APB on the current problem with the Jokerz. "They're attacking a fort, a out of commission fort, but they still have weapons. They could be after some spare guns and ammo there. That's just a guess though" Drake guessed as he followed Freddy to the back of the base. Drake smiled slightly as Freddy ask him to drive. "Sounds good to me" Drake said happily getting into the truck and grabbed the keys from the glove box. "Got it, I'll stop a few blocks away from the place." Drake said before starting the truck and driving off.

Drake wasn't to familiar with Gotham yet but he did understand where some of the more notably landmarks are, including fort Clinton. "So what should I except from these want to be clowns? Also how durable are they?" Drake asked as drove down the streets to the fort.

Location Fort Clinton, Gotham
Tags ChazGhost ChazGhost Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
The site at Fort Clinton was unlike anything Gotham had seen in at least a decade. It began as some makeshift performance by the Jokerz. At least fifty clownz spotted on all sides of the historic fort, the death count now up in the hundreds. Before Freddy and Drake could even arrive there, news of hostages were rising. For some reason, they were only capturing police and armed forces. In fact, reports were that they intentionally left reporters and medical crews untouched. It was completely outside of their normal operations. But, one thing was certain, this was definitely the Jokerz. Some of the top lieutenants were there: Gypsy and Ace among them.

However, once Drake and Freddy arrived at the south side, the situation changed entirely. The hostages were free. The scanners were reading that at least three Jokerz were dead and others were fleeing. Videos were flooding Youtube of Gypsy making some proclamation of the City and its heroes falling from grace. Black Beetle was nowhere to be found. Normally this type of thing would be right up his alley if only for the PR involved. According to Gypsy, he was literally off fighting some angel. What the Hell that even meant was beyond anyone, but she didn't stop at his slander. She went through each old hero. Redwing and Graywing had both forsaken the city. Tim Drake was off with the Titans. Red Hood? He was a puppet. There were no real heroes in Gotham left.

THWACK!

Came the cane. See, Gypsy didn't get to finish her speech. No, this is when Freddy and Drake arrived. On the Southside of the Fort, a whole new crew appeared and were fighting the clownz. A crew of quasi-uniformed fighters all trouncing the deadly Jokerz. Pain and Panic were overwhelmed, even. Ace was defeated some time ago. That wasn't the point. The point was their leader. A man in the typical ringmaster costume near the monument of Fort Clinton. He was as stereotypical as one could get, although a little modernized. No curly cue mustache; instead, he had the faded beard and a forward styled pompadour haircut with no tophat. Aside from that, however, he looked like he was right off a vintage circus box.

"Oh, Vanessa, why don't you come back? Get out of that silly costume, rejoin our family."

"Barnum, I will never go back to the Circle. I- I--

"You work for that petty clown now, right? The impostor."

"I don't work for him. I'm part of the Jokerz and his will is the wi--"

THWACK!

Again, Barnum bashed his cane square across of the otherwise fairly attractive face of Gypsy. It was odd. Freddy knew her abilities. Incredible agility with perfect precognition in a set zone. Hitting her at the relatively sluggish speed this ringmaster was alone was odd, but the fact she didn't dodge was completely off. She dodged bullets. Fucking bullets. The hell kind of cane was that?

"He is a charlatan and I'll hear no more about his brainwashing."

"You're the worst, Barnum...

"Wrong again, Vanessa. The worst kind of villains are those diluted fiends like your clown Prince. All mayhem, no plan... no see, the best villains. Haha. Oh, the best villains are the ones with good intentions."

He smirked wildly. The two then broke out into a brawl, but it was apparent this Barnum fellow had every upper hand. Every time Gypsy tried to strike him, he side stepped, dodged, or just tripped her up. It wasn't like her precognition, either. It was more like a dance. It was almost like choreography. It was a performance. Try as she might, even if she knew what was going to happen, Gypsy seemed hopeless against this new figure. But, what was he doing? What were his people doing? It seemed, from all of the evidence in front of them, that these new red-and-black uniformed scrappers were fighting off the Jokerz with their own metahuman abilities.

Thing was... Freddy had no idea who these people were.

Drake stopped the truck a few blocks away from the fort as he was told to. Then after getting out and head to fort, as sneakily as he could without going into his shadow so Freddy could still see him. When they got to the fort Drake was a bit confused with sight he was seeing. Hostages were leaving the place as he heard some crazy women was making a speech. While the speech itself seemed entertaining when Drake and Freddy got closer think became went up a notch it seemed as the Jokerz and some other gang was now fighting.

"Gotham is full of more surprises then I thought... Who the clowns?... I mean the guys who aren't in clowns by the way." Drake said watching the fight not sure to help one side, fight them both, or record the fight and post it to YouTube. "It's your call on how we handle this or if we just leave them to kill each other as it seem the hostages are already leaving the place" Drake added ready to use his shadow to block any miss guided bullets or something of the like that could come at him or Freddy.

Freddy was careful when following Drake, trying to make sure that neither of them were spotted by any hostiles while they made their way to Fort Clinton. Freddy was grateful that Drake hadn't slipped into the shadows, even though it would have been better in a tactical sense for him to slip away, after everything Freddy had been through that day it was nice to know he wasn't going into another situation alone for once.

As soon as they got inside Fort Clinton itself, Freddy immediately pulled Drake towards cover in attempts to prevent giving away their cover immediately. Freddy then began to give himself a few moments to take in everything about the situation, only barley paying attention to what Drake was saying, "What clowns are you talking about if not the Jokerz? There's no way any other gang would be willing to step into a situation this intense, and my guys won't be able to mobilize for a few weeks with all the shit that's happened today..."

Freddy, attempting to see what was going on, slowly peeked his head around the corner. What he saw made him immediately pause as his fists began to ball up and his body began to tense. Standing only a few feet in front of him was the woman who had humiliated him publicly, filled his mind with false hope that his dead brother may be alive, and worst of all set him down this slippery slope that had nearly destroyed everything he'd spent so many years of his life building! He could only see red, he couldn't focus and it began to get hard to breath.

There were so many reasons to not act rashly in that moment: if he stayed still and actually listened he would be able to gather information on Gypsy, if he made the violence worse than it was currently then the escaping hostages may get hurt, jumping in without informing Drake of any sort of plan would make the fight harder to get out of unscathed and even if he acted, Gypsy had fucking precognition she'd be able to dodge anything they threw at him; But yet, all of that was drowned out by the thought of the men who'd betrayed him, the dead bodies of the people he'd just lost, and his brother's funeral and how happy Freddy had been at the prospect of having him back. Because of all of that, Freddy nearly jumped right in, but he spoke quickly and with authority towards Drake before he did, "Drake, I'm about to do something stupid, really stupid. So listen here, I want you to focus on making sure nothing happens to the escaping hostages, try not to engage with anybody, and if you do, kill them." Freddy then jumped out, upholstering a pistol and aiming towards Gypsy before unloading a full clip at her. He didn't care if she moved out the way, he didn't care if she saw it coming, he just wanted her attention for a second. Freddy didn't speak calmly towards her, he didn't attempt to intimidate her, he didn't do anything like that. This wasn't the Red Hood standing before her with his plans and tactics, this was Fredrick Todd with all of the raw emotion and rage that came with it, "Hey Gypsy or whatever your damn name is, your favorite fucking puppet is right here! What kind of dance do you want me to do today, because I'll tell you what, I'm ready for whatever's thrown at me this time, I've got nothing left to lose!"

Considering most of the action was winding down and the Jokerz were retreating, it wasn't difficult for Freddy to actually reach Gypsy. Not in the slightest. Freddy made a single, considerable mistake, though. He spoke. He ran his mouth. He didn't know it, but had he not made his presence known, he might have killed Gypsy. Her precognition was null and there was a chance, if ever slight, that bullets might have reached her before Barnum could react. Alas, he reacted. He lifted his cane straight up and in doing so, created a temporal barrier that prevented the bullets from reaching them.

"Oh, you must be the other wildcard... the Red Hood. A Bat without a leash, a-hah haha," Barnum said once his eyes fell on Freddy. Gypsy, her body as battered as her ego, stood in silence, although welts on her face began showing through the white make up she wore--a testament to the might of that cane.

"If anyone is going to kill our dear Vanessa--and that is her name--it's going to be me. You see, Hood, she left me and my family here for a fraud calling himself the Joker, a--"

She cut him off. "He's not a frau--" And, he cut her off. With another sideswipe from his cane, this time knocking her sweet face straight onto the ground and bloodying that pretty little pale nose of hers.

"I did say I would hear no more of his brain washing," Barnum repeated. Real romantic.

"Nevetheless, she's not yours to kill. And, given the GPD Task Force is to be here in roughly two minutes, I believe it's in your best interest to be leaving," he added. Entirely fair points. Freddy wasn't equipped to fight meta-humans or whatever the hell Barnum had, he didn't don the gear given to him by Damian, and while he could probably withstand a standard GPD unit, he had no hope against one of their Task Forces--depending on which unit was sent.

"Or, you could stick around and I could take full credit for turning in the Red Hood and his notorious Gypsy lover," Barnum posed, laughing again after he did. "Her lips have been on yours far more than mine recently," said accompanying another, more vile laugh.

Freddy looked at Barnum with disdain behind the helmet that was covering his face, he didn't care much about the man truth be told, but if he was going to protect her then he could die just as well. Freddy pointed to himself, "Do I look like I could give the tiniest amount of a shit about whether the cops show up or not?! Do I look like I give a fuck about consequences at this point?! The only way I leave this situation complying with anyone at all is if it ends with her on the floor with a hole in her head!"

Freddy then ran forward towards Barnum, feigning as if he was reaching for his knife before pulling back last second and firing a shot directly at the center of the cane in hopes that it would break before taking the knife he had feigned for before and throwing it towards Gypsy's head.

Freddy didn't seem to understand he was outmatched. But then again, Freddy was the Red Hood, not Batman, Black Beetle or even a Robin. He was no detective. He didn't know what Barnum could do. He just had hopes. And, the thing about hope is it was a lot like prayer: it was the last resort of a desperate man. His feint was pointless in the situation. Barnum new. His gunfire again irrelevant. The bullet was stopped in the air.

It slowed down to an eventual stop. Like light entering a black hole. Except... so did Freddy. The air turned from this free-flowing fluid to a thick, gelatinous atmosphere that absorbed the energy flowing through him. Even his fingertip was halted to the point it could hardly reach the trigger on his gun. This was new. This wasn't Gypsy, either. This was a whole new ability.

"You have a lot to learn, little Red. I know what you do. You live in the image of your legacy... but nowhere near as dangerous. Jason Todd was trained by Bruce Wayne for years before he became the Red Hood," Barnum said, now in complete control of the situation. He walked past the bullet fired at him. Plucked it out of the air and inspected it. It was surreal. Powers like this hadn't been active in Gotham for... at least a decade? Powers like this were normally handled by Black Beetle. This wasn't Street level. These weren't low tier metahumans. This was a whole different level.

"Perhaps you've taken to the streets, but you don't have any of the actual skills of your bloodline. You're just a bloodthirsty, power-hungry little boy... and there's no Batman to fix that. No billionaire in a cape to adopt you. No one to make you more than the thug you honestly are," Barnum continued on, never letting up his verbal assault on Freddy.

"Oh, and don't think your shadow friend can help you. One of the neat little things I can do is use the powers of anyone branded in my circus, and Gypsy was one of them. You're out of your league and I should probably kill you here, but I won't," Barnum told him, "because it's not your fault. After Bruce died, no one stepped up to the plate. Damian is still hiding in the shadows, Tim went off to the Titans, no one likes the Beetle... you want to be the Red Hood, but you've never been a Robin and there's no Batman to fix that."

Barnum smiled as he stepped closer to the incapacitated Freddy, then grabbed his shoulder. In doing so, he freed Freddy just enough to allow him to speak. To the outside world, such as Drake and Gypsy, this appeared to in just a second or two. Freddy made a dash forward, halted, and Barnum walked forward calmly, placing his hand on the latter's neck in the gentlest of fashions. "The show must go on, Mister Todd. I don't think you're living up to your potential, so I don't think you've given me the best show you can. So take a piece of advice from the Master of Shows... stop trying to be part of an act you can't. You won't ever be the Red Hood until you've been a Robin."

Last edited:
side=left/right]Location: Fort Clinton
[/side]
"Your going to do what?" Drake asked quietly before Freddy ran off to try to get revenge. With a sigh Drake decide to watch Freddy and help if he saw fit to. ...So they both want Gypsy dead... why don't they just kill her already then?... Drake wondered before hearing Barum say the GPD would be arriving soon. ...Well that's wonderful... Well actually it could be... If I can get Freddy and this cirrus clown out of here... I could take credit for taking out a large number of Jokerz... Drake though to himself smirking.

But now the question was how he would do this... or if he could even get Freddy out of here seeing it seems Freddy was under mercy of Barnum. ...What can I do... for now nothing it seems... I'll just wait for the right time to strike... Drake thought to himself waiting and watching hoping to get the chance he needed.

It was difficult having to listen to everything Barnum was saying, and not just because of the fact that for the millionth time in the past few weeks he felt helpless, not just because Gypsy was about to slip through his fingers again, but because as the clown went on, Freddy realized that not only did he agree with what Barnum was saying, but the words sounded almost familiar to him...

Freddy wanted to tell the man to stop speaking, he wanted so badly to be whisked away from the situation and find some kind of release, but alas that release never came. It was as he was praying for Barnum to stop speaking that Freddy finally realized why the words seemed familiar, as he realized these were the same words he thought to himself many times; these were the words he had running through his mind at 3 AM as he attempted to fall asleep, these were the deep thoughts he'd struggled with since the first night he had decided to imitate the man he'd seen falling from the roof in those videos.

Barnum's words were a reminder that no matter how many notes he took, no matter how many after school classes he had taken, and no matter how much he imitated the heroes before him, without an education from the Batman he was nothing.

It was a reminder that even after everything he was still just the bastard child of a bastard child, and that wouldn't ever change.

Freddy was silent after he regained use of his body, glad that his helmet hid the tears that were about to spill from his eyes. Freddy clenched his fist, determined not to look a total fool despite how totally outclassed he was. He spun around to face Barnum, standing up and looking at him, "You seem to just know everything don't you! So tell me this smart ass, if I'm not going to be Red Hood until I become Robin, then how am I going to be a Robin when there's no Batman, huh?!" Freddy was trying to hide the quiver in his voice and the shaking of his body, but found it hard to do so as he stood before Barnum.

Barnum laughed. All of Freddy's pent up emotion, and Barnum was laughing. In fact, even Drake could catch the chortle of the suited man from his distance. Oh, and it wasn't a humorous laugh, either. Not one tossed out at a joke. This was of pity. Condescension. The tone was despicable.

"Oh, little Red, you can't expect me to think of everything for you, can you? It's a show. Find your act," Barnum said, his hand placed gently on his chest in the most theatrical of fashions. Around this time, sirens started wailing. These were just the cops. Probably SWAT. A precursor to the real GPD Task Force. But, their presence meant they were coming.

Barnum then walked right past the immobilized Todd, his body beside him.

"A little piece of history, Red. Your good ole gran-pappy wasn't the first Red Hood. Just... the most famous. Oh, there were rumors... some say the first Red Hood ran a whole syndicate, some say it was just a red bucket a few guys swapped on and off for their crimes. That truth doesn't matter, Red. Let me tell it to ya an'ther way. This is not a case of no one caring until you put on the mask; it's a case of people only care about the Hood because of who's under it," Barnum said. Then he took one more step.

"And, lemme tell ya, Mister Todd, no one in Gotham really gives a damn its you under there," he added, "...yet."

THWACK

There came the cane. Straight to the back of Freddy's head. A solid blow strong enough to knock him straight out.

"Shadowman," Barnum said, "I'll be taking my leave. You should take your friend here and get out. Once I'm gone, you should have plenty of time before that pesky Task Force gets here," At the moment, Barnum wasn't even sure of where Drake was, but he was sure he was there. Somewhere. He had seen a dozen different scenarios where Drake tried to attack, and failed. Not having his abilities made him somewhat useless. Also, Barnum didn't actually know his name.

With that, Drake turned from the unconscious Freddy back to the half-sobbing Gypsy. She didn't express a whole lot of emotions aside from a jerk-back reaction from Freddy getting knocked the fuck out. She was all too aware of what that cane could do. Then Barnum turned to her. It was a look of fear. Panic. Barnum grabbed her dark, silky hair as its violet hue shined in the light of the sun, and began pulling her along the ground quite effortlessly. She kicked. She screamed. It was futile.

Barnum was the Ringmaster.

...Well... this may be the worse day of his life... Drake thought to himself watching Freddy get knocked out with a cane to the face. ...Shadow man?... So he knows I can control my shadow but he doesn't know who I am... Well I guess that's for the best... but I now the question is should help the girl he dragging away or... She's a joker so it probably be the best to just get red out of here before his day gets even worse... Drake thought to himself as Barnum left, dragging Gypsy.

"Well isn't this a big mess..." Drake said walking over to Freddy when Barnum left. Drake looked around at the mess the fort has become. Drake used his shadow to pick up Freddy on a shadow platform and had the platform carrying Freddy follow him as he hurried though the back of building. Then he carefully went though back alleys to the Truck he parked a few blocks away. ...Well this day has been a crazy mess... I take red to my place for now... I should probably also give NoOne a call... He'll probably want to know about the circus in town... Drake thought as began driving away.

On the road Drake activated the high tech watch NoOne gave him and Freddy. Using it he began trying to call him. "Hello? Hello is thing working?" Drake said calling NoOne but knowing if it worked or not.

Last edited:
Location ~Fort Clinton, Gotham
Most likely much to his dismay, Drake would find the device on his wrist to have no actual calling function. The devices were originally meant to be used in conjunction with a secured communicator, so it made sense there would be no built-in audio. However, at the time, this proved to be a massive inconvenience. Whatever Drake did while fumbling around with the device mid-drive was enough to merit a response from NoOne as a notification soon flashed across his screen as if it were smartphone.

No1: I'm in a mess sorry. Go to your watch and find the gps then pick favorites. Somewhere in there is a map of the bunkers freddy told me about just go hang out there.

Apparently whatever NoOne was doing had him in just as much trouble as Freddy and Drake, but he did clue them in on where to get safe. Which was considerably important given that a dozen unmarked, armored vans were swooping into Fort Clinton. SWAT? The Task Forces? Wasn't clear. Didn't need to be. The message was clear: it was prime time to get the Hell out. And now, Drake at least had an idea where to go. With a little more fumbling and finding it in the settings, the GPS appeared with an interactive overlay that lo and behold allowed him to display "favorite" icons with further instructions. Freddy was thorough. At least a dozen safe houses and stashes nearby, but NoOne had taken an extra privilege with the overlay: assigning them priority based on their resources.

The closest high-priority haven was a few blocks off and might require them ditch the car, but it had the benefit of being near the edge of the Face of Gotham, meaning it was considerably less monitored. Just outside the bounds of the Northeast side of the Park and well away from Fort Clinton. A perfect little spot. Freddy knowing the city and NoOne's ingenuity made a pretty fluid guide for Drake.

Tags: Loony_Bin Loony_Bin Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul
After messing with the watch for awhile Drake final got a message from NoOne... And it seem he was in the middle of his own mess. ...He's having problems to?... I guess him and Red are both having bad luck... Drake thought looking back to Freddy. ...Granted his day is worse... Drake thought to himself before looking for and finding the GPS on the watch. Then with Freddy being dragged on top Drake's shadow Drake made his sneakily though the alleys to the safe house, just outside the bounds of the park...

After making his way into the safe house Drake place Freddy down onto a couch as then figured out what he should do now. Drake looked to Freddy and the mark left after getting hit hard to head from a cane. ...I think I'm suppose to put ice on his head... or was it bandages... Maybe I should of took first aid at some point... Well lets try both... Drake thought to himself before going of to find a ice pack and bandages. After coming back with bandages and ice. Drake began wrapping Freddy's head with the bandages and then once they were set he put ice on his head... then wrap bandages around that to keep it on Freddy's head. Proud of his work Drake began exploring the rest of the safe house.

Location Freddy's Safehouse, Gotham
The safe house was much like most of them. An old, downtrodden housing unit that was deemed unsafe, in part due to the vicinity of overhanging portion of Gotham, but also in part due to neglect. Gotham had three whole levels to it as a city, and its wealth was far from well-distributed. But, with a few modifications, some hidden cubbies, and of course a little repair work, Freddy had made the old unit into a great place to lay low without attention from the security systems of Gotham. It was a bit out of the way, but that was the point. It had to avoid the traffic from Fort Clinton, the museum around, the zoo, the nearby bridge--staying low in this part of Gotham wasn't the easiest.

Depending on how thorough Drake was, he might stumble onto the stashes of weapons, medicine and cash that Freddy had stored, but it wasn't as much as some of his other safe houses. It was apparent that this one, while it had a lot of advantages, was still a place Freddy likely didn't have to use often. It made sense. The Jokerz attack here was completely off the beaten path and the traffic here made it a highly patrolled area, deterring most smaller crime.

Then came another notification for Drake:

No1: Sorry for the delay. I read that Freddy is unconscious. What happened? Do you need help?​

Around that time, a Freddy himself found himself coming to. A bit of a headache and a sore spot on the back of his skull, but nothing permanent. Just annoying. Just like the rest of it.

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
As Drake explored the safe house for awhile, checking to see what it had and what escape routes it had. As he did so he found a small stash of guns and picked up a pistol for use if he needed it. While he also found some money he decided not to touch that being it was for the safe house. But after exploring for awhile Drake then got a message from NoOne.

Drake began messing with his watch for moment until he found out how to send messages on it to NoOne.

NeoShade: We are good now. I took him to the safe house you message me about. For what happened, well it's been a day... I'll tell you the details later but short story is one of Freddy's warehouse had a mutiny, then got attacked by some Jigsaw fans who killed the muniters, and then when to fort Clinton where Freddy got knocked out by some cirrus owner after he waked Freddy across the head with a cane. So Freddy's day is pretty bad.

Once he finished type up the message he sent it to NoOne. Drake then headed back the living room area where he dropped off Freddy. Drake then sat down on a separate couch and began messing around with watch more to see what it could do.

"You won't ever be the Red Hood until you've been a Robin."

Barnum's words were all Freddy could think of as he lay on the couch, still not ready to face Drake after his day of failure. The words rattled around in his brain on repeat like a broken record, occupying his every thought. It was like every fear and dark thought had been put on display for all to see, like the mask he'd spent years building up had been see through all along.

"And, lemme tell ya, Mister Todd, no one in Gotham really gives a damn its you under there"

He hated how much he was letting the words get to him, he'd thought he'd overcome these insecurities years ago, yet here they were once again. Worst of all, he'd been exposed time and time again in front of Drake, someone who he had wanted to keep the mask up around most of all, yet again, every time he attempted to show the dominance he'd fought to get over the city it seemed to backfire. He'd have his weaknesses as a person put on display, making himself seem less like a resource and ally and more like a charity case by the second.

"You live in the image of your legacy..."

He'd spent so long striving to become like his father, so long attempting to be like a man he'd only seen in a ten second clip of his death on repeat. He'd been told he had his eyes and hair, maybe a bit of his chin but he'd never actually been able to verify that for himself. He'd never seen his face, never heard his voice, didn't even have pictures of him or any funny stories from his mother beyond, 'We met twice, we fucked twice.' No, all he'd had was a ten second clip of a middle aged man still trying to live out his glory years and missing a simple jump from one roof to another and falling chest first onto a spiked gate.

Maybe...maybe he was wrong to try to imitate his father...he'd spent so long trying to be something he wasn't, spent so long trying to convince the world he was something he wasn't, maybe he needed to become his own person for awhile...and maybe he needed to be a Robin to do that, maybe he didn't. All he knew for sure at the moment was that he was tired, more tired than he'd been for a very long time.

Freddy felt the couch shift at that moment, meaning Drake had sat down. Freddy slowly opened his eyes and began to sit up, taking off the helmet and rubbing the side of his head where Barnum's cane had hit...god, that thing took him down through Kevlar and a metal helmet...he needed to keep that in mind. For a few minutes, Freddy stared off into space, slowly gathering himself, grateful that Drake had managed to find one of his safe houses. Finally, Freddy found himself exhaling, "This day has just been such bullshit...I was just supposed to show you around the city, didn't realize we'd end up seeing all the shit we saw today but, guess that's Gotham for you. Hm...if nothing else I can walk away from today knowing you got to see exactly what I mean when I say Gotham is like nothing you've dealt with."

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Drake relaxed as he noticed Freddy getting up. He watch Freddy take off his helmet and listen closely to what he said. "For you and NoOne today seems not to go the way you guys wanted." Drake said relaxing on a couch. "Gotham sure does seem like mad place, but hey we are here to try to fix things, or just make life hell for the criminals. Either one work for me in the end" Drake stated.

"Ohh ya I should probably tell you I send NoOne a message about what happen. He sent one back saying he was in his own mess and then gave direction to this safe house" Drake said gesturing to around the room. "For now he told me, well us, to hang out here for now. I assume he'll show up here soon then" Drake added. "So Red do you know who that guy with the cane was? He was definitely more then a random gang or mafia boss." Drake asked curious if Freddy knew anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back