Video Games Good Games for Awful Computers

Huxalot

Half man with a body of a shark
Hey - I'm going to go for a holiday and I'm bringing my laptop for the 5 hour long trip to where I'm going. It's got terrible specs, so I wondered if you guys knew of any good, cheap games i could run on it? Preferably if I can buy it on steam.

Here's my Specs:
upload_2017-7-18_18-44-31.png

Yeah, I know I should buy a new one

Hey - I'm going to go for a holiday and I'm bringing my laptop for the 5 hour long trip to where I'm going. It's got terrible specs, so I wondered if you guys knew of any good, cheap games i could run on it? Preferably if I can buy it on steam.

Here's my Specs:
View attachment 333240

Yeah, I know I should buy a new one
I don't know what any of that means
But maybe Knights of the Old Repbulic.

Most of the time, the best kind of games to play on a laptop are games with pixel graphics, and as I used to game a lot on a laptop before building a gaming P.C then i have good list of games that run on a laptop

Papers, Please (A Great Time Killer)

The Consuming Shadow (If you're in a Lovecraft mood)

Any Fallout game before 4

Seriously, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a Cult Classic, Old as Balls, and Some of the BEST Storytelling I've ever heard. An RPG with pretty easy slasher action so well suited to fans of this site.

MoonHunters is also pretty swell, simple, but with lots of branching story, personality trait building, and RPG elements.

Additionally, Stardew Valley isn't complex, but it's addictive, a time sink, and wonderful.

Recettear: An Item Shop Tale is also a FANTASTIC, simple, cute, and HILARIOUS parody of item shop games that is also BETTER than most item shop games with dungeon crawl elements and SO GOOD YO.

If you like roguelikes, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is a crazy-gripping one that can be played practically on a literal potato and gets updated multiple times a day. Survive zombie roguelike set in a world where humans have far surpassed in technological level what they can militaristically survive. Hope you like dying a lot in your games, though!

Seconding EVERYTHING Persephone said, by the way. Moonhunters gives me feelings of nostalgia on my first run of the game despite never having played it before.

I'd say CS:GO, but the community is not of the kindest..
Garry's Mod is a bit better..
Goat Simulator is a time killer..

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

I like Cardinal Quest 2. It's a pixel roguelike with a lot of random generated content, and unique classes with skill trees. ^^

Hmm, maybe Fallout: New Vegas. It's a great game that uses a game engine from 2006.

Star Wars: Empire at War is also a great old game that can run perfectly on old computers.

Try out the Age of Empires trilogy while you're at it.

Stardew Valley is great! It's a cute pixel-art farming game with a ton of story, the goal of the game is to restore a community center to its former glory with an evil corporation looming overhead to take it over

Path of exile, league of legends. Emulators

Oh boy, the amount of classic jrpgs you could try :3

Trails in the sky: The legend of heroes

Counter strike

FTL is a strategy game where your goal is to get to the end. simple, fun, infuriating
Euro Truck Simulator 2, is what it sounds. there's a demo on the store page that gives you a pretty good grasp on the game, though when it ends i have yet to see
Prison Architect is also very fun, but large prisons start to get laggy. steam minimum requirements are pretty low
Portal and Portal 2 run pretty good on potatoes

Try out Spiral Knights. It's an adventure game that runs smoothly on my laptop. And it's free!

header_586x192.jpg

$50 on Steam for 9 action packed games with voice acting, memorable music, and intriguing puzzles.
You can't NOT want to play this series!

If you like FPS Overwatch-style, try Paladins. People with potatoes for computers say they can run it sometimes even on medium settings, and it's fun as hell. I love it. I love it even more because it's F2P.

Trails in the sky: The legend of heroes
haha it's the other way around, actually: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky!

I love that game sfm.

911: First Responders
Heroes And Generals
Fistful of Frags
Terraria

(I too have an awful computer and these have worked on mine)

911: First Responders
Heroes And Generals
Fistful of Frags
Terraria

(I too have an awful computer and these have worked on mine)
Just have to jump in, Classic fallout series can get all three for like less that $20.
Also as someone who's been playing H&G since the Alpha, do not get it. H&G has become a trash game without a modicum of balance.

Terraria is pretty great.

NO offence PortugalTM PortugalTM

Just have to jump in, Classic fallout series can get all three for like less that $20.
Also as someone who's been playing H&G since the Alpha, do not get it. H&G has become a trash game without a modicum of balance.

Terraria is pretty great.

NO offence PortugalTM PortugalTM
Nah, and about the H&G I only play anymore because I'm too poor to get anything else, like Verdun or Mount And Blade.

I'd highly recommend 'Darkest Dungeon'.
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes against unimaginable horrors, stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Can you keep your heroes together when all hope is lost?
Also the 'Star Wars Jedi Knight : Outcast/Academy' games , pretty sure they'd run on a calculator at this point.
It's Star Wars in first person with guns and Lightsabers and Force Powers and FUNZ
'Civilisation 5' works quite well on my 2010 built laptop, and you can honestly sink hours into it and barely notice!
Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.

Wazhack,
Barony
The old xcom series
Emulating SNES - try E.V.O. ! (Game inspired spore)
Check games my illwinter developer.
LEGEND OF DUNGEON
Project zomboid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back