• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Glorious Pines Rehabilitation and Extended Care Center (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

greengold4

Glorious Pines is a brand new medical facility for patients with serious injuries or medical conditions to receive the full time care they need as well as the therapy they need as they heal and also to provide full time care to patients who will need long term assistance due to their condition. Since the Center just opened their is no patient's currently each patient character will be introduced by their arrival at Glorious Pines either from a hospital, another long term care facility or elsewhere.
Rules:
1. All participants must be 18+
2. All characters must be 18+
3. Obviously follow RPN rules fade to black if it is necessary
4. Both staff and patient characters are allowed
5. You may have as many characters as you like
6. Keep things civil.
7. Keep things realistic.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in OOC or to message me.

New participants are always welcome

Last edited:
Louisa sat in the main atrium of the brand new Glorious Pines waiting for the first patient to arrive today was going to be a busy day as they were planning to have several of their initial group of patients arrive. It was her first job as a head nurse and she was nervous but very excited about the day ahead. She once again glanced through the files of the patients who would be arriving they had conditions varying from things that with some rehab they would be good to go to those who would require 24/7 full time care with no real hope of any improvement. She glanced out the window waiting for the first arrival

After spending a month in Intensive Care at the Hospital, young expecting mother Kasey Miya Suzuki was being transferred to Glorious Pines, a new Medical Center that provided both Rehabilitation and Extended Care, which she really needed. She was a little concerned about how big the bill was going to be and she was most likely going to remain here until after childbirth. It was even more miraculous that no harm came to the baby in the accident that she had gotten into, otherwise she wouldn't be here. She needed to heal from second degree burns, a broken wrist and a fractured ankle. Due to severity, it may take a while, but hopefully she'll be healed enough to care for her child to come, which was in another four weeks.

In an ambulance, Kasey laid sleeping on a stretcher, having fallen asleep during the ride to Glorious Pines from the Hospital she was staying at. Upon arrival, Paramedics wheeled her into the Facility and into the Atrium. As a final act of kindness, one of them straightened out her robe and hair before taking their leave, setting her Hospital Bag, Purse and a Tote Bag filled with things that were found in her totaled car aside as well. A few minutes after the Paramedics had gone, Kasey woke up. "Where...Where am I?"

Louisa saw the ambulance approach and went outside with some orderlies who began pushing to stretcher to the elevator to take her up to the 3rd floor where the patient's rooms were. As Louisa grabbed her chart and walked behind them. Checking to make sure the splinted ankle and casted wrist were still held securely in place and that the bandages covering her burns were still clean and in place. As they exited the elevator Kasey awoke and Louisa said giving her a smile "Hello you are at Glorious Pines Rehabilitation and Extended Care Center. I'm Louisa, the head nurse. How are you feeling Ms. Suzuki?" As she asked that she pushed her into one of the large wide open patient rooms. The female patients were placed on the left side of the hall and the male patients on the right. The room was large and spacious with wide windows on one side. It was divided into 4 quadrants each one had a bed, a bedside table, and a dresser and plenty of room for staff to work and for needed medical equipment. The quadrants were currently not separated from each other but their were curtains on each wall that could be closed to give the patient's privacy. Louisa asked Kasey "Which bed would you like?" After Kasey had chosen one the orderlies would carefully transfer her to the bed and Louisa would point out the call button she could press if she needed any assistance. She then said "I'm going to ask you a few questions just to make sure we have your information right." She then asked pausing after each question to allow Kasey to answer "Do you have any allergies?" "Do you take any medications?" "Do you have any medical conditions or issues that we need to be aware of outside of your injuries?"

Now that she knew where she was at, Kasey now felt more at ease. She was then wheeled to the elevator and she saw one of the orderlies press three. Louisa, the nurse, had a chart in her hand, on a clipboard and seemed to be looking through some document, probably her medical records before checking her splinted ankle and casted wrist before looking down her robe to check the bandages on her back which meant looking down her robe. "Well, I feel huge. My belly is as big as a pumpkin. Everything hurts. Then my back stings whenever I move. Every time I move my fingers or my toes, it hurts. But...other then that, I'll be fine when I get a comfortable bed." She replied, using her uninjured hand to rub her belly to ease the pain, relaxing her injured hand before taking a deep breath. Upon arriving on the third floor, she was wheeled into a large room, presuming one of the rooms that the patients are staying. However, it was rather empty, no other patients. Seems like it was segregated by gender as she saw a male patient being led the opposite direction when she looked back. When asked which bed she would like, Kasey looked around. "If I can take the bed closest to the bathroom, that'd be great." She answered before being transferred from the stretcher to her choice of bed. The nurse then pointed out the call button nearby in case she needed any assistance. Next were a couple of questions. "I have a shellfish allergy, particularly Scallops." "I don't take any medications right now, mainly for the safety of my baby." "Aside from the fact that I'm heavily pregnant and due four weeks from today...Um, no I do not think so. As far as I'm concerned, there aren't any complications with my pregnancy, even after that nasty car accident." She answered while gently caressing her belly while giving the nurse her full, undivided attention.

Everything looked fine when Louisa checked. After Kasey had answered the questions Louisa wrote down what she said and then said "Do you have any questions for me Ms. Suzuki?" After waiting and answering any questions she had Louisa said "With both your ankle injury and your pregnancy we think it is best to keep you in bed for the time being. We don't want to risk you having a fall and injuring the baby. If you need anything just press the call button. A nurse should come by to check on you every hour or two." Louisa then left heading back to the atrium to await the arrival of the next patient

Lucas blew out a slow sigh, looking toward the building as the nurse got out the wheelchair. Moving into it with her help, he sat back as he was wheeled into the rehabilitation center. It was hard enough breaking out of shell for this nurse, how was he going to get used to all the people here? He wasn't a very outgoing or social person. He knew he needed the help though. He hasn't even learned how to wheel himself around on the wheelchair. His wrapped shoulder nub was still sore as hell, and he still couldn't feel anything from the left knee down. He hated this, he felt so vulnerable and helpless.

Looking at Louisa, he offered a slight smile before turning his gaze on the nurse. "You're going to be fine, Lucas," she assured him, squeezing his shoulder softly before looking at Louisa. "Lucas Kingston, checking in for rehabilitation," the young nurse said before walking out. Lucas shifted lightly in the wheelchair, glancing at the woman before back to the ground. He hated meeting new people. Not that he hated people, he just hated the shy feelings that crept over him, made him nervous and embarrassed.

(To note this is after whatever further conversation with Kasey if Kasey had any questions for Louisa I will still post the response to that post after this one). Louisa smiled at him and said "Welcome Mr. Kingston how are you today?" as she grabbed his chart and started pushing his chair towards the elevator. As she did she said "One of your roommates has already arrived. I'm sure he'll be glad to have company" As she pushed him down the hall they passed the open door of the room Kasey was in before turning into his room. Jason was asleep on the bed on the left side of the room next to the window. He was in a hospital gown and the plastic backing an incontinence brief was slightly visible under it. Louisa then asked "What bed would you like?" before pushing him over and asking "Can you get from the chair to the bed on your own or do you need help"

"Mmm...I'm good..." Lucas said timidly, glancing at the woman before looking around the room. He looked at the elevator, listening to the nurses words as she spoke. He had a roommate...He didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. He just hoped the other guy was reasonable and wouldn't be a complete asshole. He looked around the hallway as he was pushed to his room, his gaze glancing into Kasey's room before looking forward. Looking at the sleeping male in the room, a small smile touched the males lips as he watched him. At least he was cute...

Lucas looked at Louisa when he heard the question, looking around the room. "Oh uhm...I'd like the right corner," he responded in a soft tone, looking toward the bed as he was wheeled over to it. Nodding at her words, the young man looked up at her. "I need help...I don't think I have the strength yet to do it on my own," he replied, offering a slight smile before glancing down. Damn, he hated feeling so helpless.

Louisa asked "How much help do you need?" And then would help him as much as she needed to to get him into bed. She then pointed out the location of the call button and told him to press it anytime he needed help and then said "at least for now don't get out of bed without assistance we don't want you to trip and fall and hurt yourself more" She then said taking out his chart and asking each question waiting for his response before asking the next "Do you have any allergies? Are you on any medications? Do you have any medical conditions outside of your injuries?" After he had answered she asked "Do you need anything or have any questions for me?"

Lucas moved onto the bed with the nurses help, slowly laying back as he let out a sigh. He looked at the young woman, listening to her words as he nodded. "Alright...thank you. I'll call if I need anything at all..." he said softly, meeting her gaze. Listening to the questions, he answered each one. "I'm allergic to latex...and cats, but that doesn't really matter, does it?" Lucas offered a slight smile before glancing down. "I take Diazepam. It should be on my file... I have Epilepsy, but that's all," he responded softly, glancing at the woman.

"Uhm, yeah...actually. I had a bag with a few personal belongings. Back at the other hospital, they said I can't bring anything upon arrival, but they would send the bag here. When will that arrive? Because I need it, tonight," Logan replied softly, looking at the woman.

Louisa frowned and said "I don't know why they didn't let you take a bag with we don't have any restrictions on that. We'll bring it up as soon as it arrives though" "Is that everything?" And if it was she would turn and leave and head back to the atrium

Lucas nodded at the woman's response, smiling a bit at her, "alright, thank you." Lucas shook his head when he heard the question, watching the woman go. He laid back and pulled the blanket over himself as he looked up at the ceiling. After a while, he glanced over at his sleeping roommate. He couldn't wait to get to know him...and the other two roommate they could possibly be getting. He wanted to make as many friends here as possible.

"Yes, a few actually." Kasey frowned, looking down at her belly. "When I go into labor, will I be delivering my baby here? Is there a delivery room in this facility? And will you be helping me while I'm in labor?" She asked each question while looking the nurse in the eye. After each one was answered, Kasey relaxed a little, most of her attention on her swollen belly. However, she wasn't all too pleased about being on bed rest, but it was necessary due to her fractured ankle. The risk of her falling and hurting the baby or even risking a miscarriage was higher then usual. The weight of the belly already changed her center of gravity. Her ankle was going to difficult to stand on, so that meant that a nurse was going to have to come help her to the restroom. Good thing she had asked for a bed close to it, knowing how often she had to go use it. Not that she was going to try standing with that foot. If anything, she should ask for crutches later so she wouldn't have to call for help every half an hour to an hour. "Is it okay if I get out of bed every four hours or so to stretch my legs?" She asked concerning the bed rest. "Aside from that, I'm okay with bedrest, this baby is all I have left of my husband and standing with a fractured ankle for a long period of time could prove dangerous. Anything for the safety of my baby." She said before letting the nurse go to tend to other patients.

Knowing that a nurse would come by to check on her every hour to two hours left her comforted. In the meantime, she would be resting, mainly caressing her belly to calm the baby and keep her from kicking. Perhaps she'd ask for an ultrasound later in the day. Then before bed, she'd have to use the shower, which also meant changing the bandages on her back and shoulder. With both the second degree burns on her right shoulder and her right wrist being broken, her right arm, her dominant hand was pretty much useless and she was lucky to have everything intact following that deadly car crash, especially her baby since she didn't have to do an emergency delivery.

When Louisa wheeled by, she saw her pushing a boy in a wheelchair, but didn't really pay too much attention since it was out of the corner of her eye. Hopefully she'd get a roommate soon, since only God knew when she'd be free to leave.

Looking at the building, Dylan opened the door of the car as her dad got her wheelchair out of the trunk. She was having a rough day,her joints were too inflamed to walk and Dylan was dying to get inside to a comfy seat. Swinging her legs out of the car she looked to her dad, who picked her up carefully as if she was a china doll and put her in the chair. Shifting uncomfortably dylan put her hands on the rails on her wheels and started to push, but wasnt getting far so her dand pushed her from the back through the doors and towards the desk. "Dylan kneal, for care and rehabilitation" her dad said as she nervously picked as her nails and looked at the ground out of anxiety of being alone and meeting new people.

(from now on I'm going to tag all people's whose characters are involved in a post)
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Louisa gave Kasey a reassuring smile and said "When you go into labor we have the hospital on speed dial and they know that we have a patient who will go into labor soon so when that happens they will send an ambulance here to take you to the hospital to give birth and afterwards you will either be brought back here or if you have healed enough have daily appointments here for rehab" Louisa then frowned at her next question and said "It would be best if you don't we don't want to risk any kind of incident a physical therapist will come by for your sessions and to help you exercise" Louisa would wait to see if their was anymore questions and if not she would head downstairs which was when Lucas arrived

Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart Louisa came downstairs after helping get Lucas settled in and saw Dylan and her father entering. She gave them a smile and said "Hello how are you doing?" After their response Louisa said to Dylan's father "We can take her from here" As she grabbed Dylan's chart and allowed them to say any farewells before beginning to push Dylan's chair towards the elevator unless stopped.

"I-I'm good nurse" Dylan said to Louisa before turning to her dad and squeezing his hand "I'll see you soon dad". Dylan quickly took her bag from her dad and put it in her lap,almost hugging it and looking for her book and a small tote bag full of gel pens. She started doodling in it as they headed to the elevator,it was just some random little characters that covered the front of her notebook.

Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726 About a half an hour passed before Jason started to stir. The head of his bed was sat up somewhat to make him more comfortable since his neck was rigidly held by the plastic collar around it. The plastic backing of his incontinence brief was slightly more visible under his gown having swelled slightly due to his paralyzed bladder. As he woke up he let out a groan of pain at the constant pain that radiated from the shattered vertebrae in his neck. He then yawned and appeared to try to be stretching but nothing except his face moved. He saw Lucas in the bed accross from him and gave him a small smile and nervously said "Hello"

Since she expected to give birth before her injuries fully heal...or get worse...Kasey was at the very least relieved to know that the Hospital was on Speed Dial. But she wasn't going to worry about it for the next four weeks hopefully. On another note, she also hoped that her bundle of joy would be patient enough for her due date. "Okay, sounds good to me. I'll only be getting out of bed to use the restroom." After everything was explained to her, she nodded before letting the nurse go to tend to other patients. Hopefully she'd get a roommate soon, it was actually kinda lonely, being in such a big room by herself.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Louisa frowned and said "We will need to discuss that with your doctor it might be wiser to use a bedpan for now. We would rather be safe than sorry" She then left
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart Dylan was pushed out of the elevator and into the room on the left side. Kasey was already in the left side door bed in the room leaving the right side door, left side window, and right side window beds open. Louisa would ask "Which bed would you like?" And would then push her over to that bed and ask "Can you get into it yourself or do you need help"

The car rolled up to the building and Red looked out the window. "Great," he mumbled, not excited to be stuck there. The driver stepped out and opened the door for him, holding a hand out to help him, which Red ignored. Immediately, he was greeted by a staff member, leading him inside.

He looked around as soon as he was inside. Everyone already seemed to be pretty much settled in, or at least more settled in than he was. He sat down on one of the chairs, waiting to be shown to his room.

Lucas stared up at the ceiling, staying silent so his roommate could get some sleep. He sighed softly, closing his eyes as he thought back to the accident. He could hardly remember it. He was conscious until he lost too much blood. He remembered his whole left leg was numb, and the pain on his left arm was unbearable as the car sat on top of it. He could still feel of the pain of the paramedics trying to pull him free from under the car, how it sent agonizing pain through his arm. When they finally got the car off, his arm was in too bad of shape, keeping it would probably have killed him. The worst part of all was that he was left handed. Now he had to learn how to do everything with his right hand.

Lucas looked over when he heard the voice, smiling a bit at Jason. "Hey..." he responded, looking him over before laying his head back. "How are you feeling?" he asked, taking note of the other male's injuries.

Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726 Jason let out a moan of pain and then said "Like I broke my neck" He groaned before saying "I'm Jason nice to meet you" his body remaining as stiff as a board as he said that

Even though Yue wasn't fully aware of what was going on, she could still tell when the vehicle she was riding in stopped, temporarily parked in one of those spaces right in front of the building. Was there better places? Probably, but given how she wasn't even close to feeling her best, this would have to do. Getting out, almost stumbling as she did so, she observed the building before her, before she started to get pulled in by the hand of the staff who had brought her here. She needs to work on not getting distracted by the way buildings look, really...

With that out of the way, she was finally able to sit down in some sort of waiting area, the person with her not wasting much time with waiting to talk to one of the nearby staff. She could feel her mind wandering, so she was definitely a little out of touch with the chat. She still caught a few snippets of it, though. There was also a word that kept popping up. Amnesia...? No, that wasn't it... Not apnea, either. Anep... Anemia, maybe...? That seems like what it was, even though she's not certain what that means... It's a real shame she can't keep the meaning of medical terms straight, but she'll probably get this one down quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back