Give me all your SOULS!

I will, Jay!

I did some research and found out just how much they changed. Some of the videos of the first couple areas make me slightly nervous to play it again. (And get totally wrecked. Ahaha)

I honestly grabbed it up because I'm hoping the better performance and optimization makes recording nicer and easier. (I want to do more videos for my pretty-much-dead YouTube page)

Oh man, the Souls series is awful. It's torture. It's the game you play when you hate yourself so much that a dead frog has more self-esteem than you. This game is a metaphorical dominatrix.

I think what I need to do at some point is create a new sorceress - or maybe a cleric - a hexer? - and name the character Brick. She will be the prettiest siren.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]We all need to meet up for a free for all at Iron Keep or something.

[/QUOTE]
Dark Spirit Air The Sunbro has invaded!

Walks Up

lZaS14q.gif

Backstabbed by Hidden Tigress Silver Talisman Welian

Looks up in agony

VYEi8mx.gif

Bandit shrugs

ded

;_;

Well, I've started a Pyro-Sorcerer build on DS1, mostly because while I try a new build every other week, I never stay committed long enough to reach the Link the Fire ending.

I was playing SotFS and I just ragequit so hard that I pulled my hair and smashed my controller into my screen. Why? Because I've spent an hour trying to defeat the giant myself, and I have no more effigies, no more lifegems, and no more aromatic ooze, and I can't stay alive long enough in a summon to fulfill my duty.

It's enough to drive a woman to murder.

I USED TO BE GUD.

WELL. NOT GUD.

BUT I USED TO BE SOLIDLY MEDIOCRE.

welian said:
I was playing SotFS and I just ragequit so hard that I pulled my hair and smashed my controller into my screen. Why? Because I've spent an hour trying to defeat the giant myself, and I have no more effigies, no more lifegems, and no more aromatic ooze, and I can't stay alive long enough in a summon to fulfill my duty.
It's enough to drive a woman to murder.
The giant as in the first dude in the FotFG? 0-0

My secret has always been staying unlocked. Locking on makes the camera have a panic attack every time he moves and I get borked by it EVERY TIME.

Yeah! The first friggin boss of the game! I somehow manage to keep getting clipped by his stomping attack, it sucks. I think what I might do is throw my signs down a few more times for the Pursuer, then toss a point or two into attunement/int so that I can soul arrow the bastard into oblivious while Luet and Pate do their thing.

welian said:
Yeah! The first friggin boss of the game! I somehow manage to keep getting clipped by his stomping attack, it sucks. I think what I might do is throw my signs down a few more times for the Pursuer, then toss a point or two into attunement/int so that I can soul arrow the bastard into oblivious while Luet and Pate do their thing.
Oh lord, you're going magic based? Yeah, that fight suuuucks if you're a starter magic build.

I would recommend getting enough souls to grab a club from the merchant lady. It only has a 12 strength requirement (unsure what magic builds start as), but it makes the fight so much easier when you're clobbering the thing upside the feet.

And since you're just starting, remember not to try and iframe through his attacks. It gets me every time when I'm used to having a leveled up character. Crappy rolls AND a lack of iframes? Poop.

I'm actually not - I usually play a sorcery/sword build, but for this character I started as the swordsman, and I'd like to specialize in thrusting swords and fast, high-dex weapons.

I'll figure out a way. The giant isn't THAT hard. I need more patience.

Ah! Alrighty. Well, I'm not sure if it's still in the same spot in SotFS, but if that Fire Longsword is still in its usual area? I'd recommend going and grabbing that up before fighting him again.

The added fire damage on that weapon makes up for slashing attacks not doing much to this dude and it'll take off much better chunks of his health. Hell, the first time I played DkS2, someone gave me this tip. I ended up just fighting him on my own too (in VERY light armor/no armor), since the phantoms you summon in will up the boss' resistances. (This is true for damn near every boss in Souls, too, which can be maddening.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back