• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Gilead

Enkerzed

Dusty Wanderer

c9f2ca0581.jpg

THIS IS GILEAD

Once a barren rock, now a living breathing world of blue skies and primordial grass, Gilead is home to millions of sentient robots, built to maintain the colossal terraforming towers that dot the planet's surface and raise cities for the day of the Ancients' return.

But it has been thousands of years since their last visit and the terraforming towers have long been deactivated, their purpose fulfilled. The Ancients aren't coming back and the world that was meant for them has gone to the machines.

Formerly made to be slaves, these mechanical beings now rule over Gilead, ever seeking ways to improve themselves. However, with independence comes ambition and with ambition comes strife.

a21779305a.jpg

Battles over territory and resources are a common occurrence, and chieftains rise and fall like the sun. Such is life on Gilead, but legends tell of another world - a virtual world - where the Ancients still exist as a collective consciousness and that only the worthy may find them.

Is it real? Who can say? Not many are willing to pursue this myth, but those who have are either never seen again or return empty handed.

The question is, what happened to those that disappeared? Perhaps you'll be the one to find out...

[media]

[/media]

Just a little additional info, you'll notice that I wrote 'martial arts' as a tag and the reason for this is that although Gileadeans often compete over resources and territory through violent means, it's more of a test of skill than full blown warfare so they don't actually want to kill each other.

It's basically one group's strongest members against another group's strongest members and whoever wins gets to claim whatever they were fighting over, hence the fairly non-lethal (for a robot) melee weapons. So no one uses guns, except for bandits who have no such scruples.

The term bandit generally refers to anyone that's willing to murder to get what they want and no one likes a bandit, so they usually get hunted down pretty quick. Also taboo is reprogramming another robot, especially for the purpose of making them into a slave. Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

So... interested? Here's a link to the rp if you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
The usual way I suppose. Someone writes what their character does or attempts to do, other person writes how their character reacts, rinse and repeat. As long as no one's controlling other people's characters or killing or wounding them without their owner's permission, anything goes. It'll be a casual rp, so there won't be any kind of system in place beyond rp etiquette.

I like this idea, it sounds neat. So would we be role playing as the robots then since they are the main inhabitants of the world or something else?

Enkerzed said:
The usual way I suppose. Someone writes what their character does or attempts to do, other person writes how their character reacts, rinse and repeat. As long as no one's controlling other people's characters or killing or wounding them without their owner's permission, anything goes. It'll be a casual rp, so there won't be any kind of system in place beyond rp etiquette.
Alright, thank you :)

I am interested in this if there is still an open space but I just wanted to say that this is top quality story. it would make an amazing anime or movie or series or book :) its just impressive :D

All right dudes, I've decided to go through with making this rp happen. Here's a link to the rp itself. Just give me a mo while I get things ready, I'll let y'all know when we're good to go.

I just joined and could use something like this to start out, seems tailor-made for me. How would I go about creating a character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back