• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ghostly Veil

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

While I love a good post apocalypse as much as anyone, I get tired of zombies, aliens, and even vampires. So I decided to try something a little different. This RP is sort of a Supernatural crossed with Walking Dead.

Ghosts

One day the souls of the dead suddenly stopped going to Heaven or Hell. They remained stuck in the Veil, that place between the here and hereafter unable to go to their final resting place. (We are going to assume for the sake of an RP that this is what normally happens, whatever your faith might be.)

Most ghosts are NOT going to be happy- not one bit. Some will seek vengeance. Others will just lash out in anger. Still others will be confused and want their old life back.

Global Mortality Rate (estimated)

1.78 deaths per second

107 deaths per minute

6390 deaths per hour

153000 deaths per day

56 million deaths per year

or about 0.883% per year

Or 1 in 113

Take a city the size of NYC (population about 8.5 million in the city proper). This works out to a little over 200 people per day. (Or nearly 7800 per day in the USA) And as the percentage of ghosts begins to increase this number will grow geometrically. At first the numbers will be mere oddities. Not everyone will see the offending ghosts. Then as the numbers grow things will start to get freaky.

At first the deaths may resemble those from horror movies like Final Destination - just freak accidents. Other deaths will sound like people with nervous breakdowns, suicides, drug addicts, PTSD victims, etc. When a person dies their spirit doesn’t just pop up instantly all angry and vengeful. No, at first the victim tends to be disoriented, unable to believe what has transpired. Times vary quite a bit. At first the average time will be about a week or more.

Now in this RP people aren’t going to be infected or anything. No,the Ghosts, Spirits,or whatever you want to call them are going to be taking their anger out on you. This is something they will usually do by causing your death. And they are damned hard to stop if you don’t know how. Fortunately at first most ghosts will be bound by location of death, their homes, specific people, or an object.

For the most part I will be using the rules of the TV series Supernatural. However, some of the rules will change as ghosts cannot be sent to their final resting place. Read the Lore VERY carefully.
Characters should be along the lines of those in Walking Dead (not a bunch of Hunters from Supernatural).

Setting and Plot

At first the impact on civilization won’t be apparent. Deaths will be centered around places where people typically die - hospitals, combat zones, crime areas, interstates, and such. And most ghost attacks will be at night, in stormy weather, during catastrophes, or any time when people are highly negatively emotional (angry, sad, in emergencies).

For setting I am going to use the USA. (Sorry, but I live here.) The RP begins about a week after Heaven and Hell were closed. Across the USA that will mean over 50,000 ghosts.

Posting

This will be a DETAILED RP with posting expected 3-5 times per week if not daily. Please do not indicate interest if you don’t expect to have the time or writing ability. I do not mind newer writers, but if you have never done detailed you will need to step up your game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back