Getting over dropped RPs

I'm a pretty sensitive person, so when my partner drops an RP that I really like, I get super sad and sometimes get the urge to say something mean (not that I would). I can understand not being interested in it anymore or just being bored of it, but it still makes me sad. I'm wondering how I can not feel sad over dropped RPs. Sorry if I'm sounding selfish but I'm seriously wondering.

you're probably disappointed because you had a big idea in your head of what the rp could and should have been.

if i were you, i would just carry on writing about it on your own, either in single-player novel form or as a super-involved movie script.

it seems a little lonely but it's probably the best way to fill the hole in your little writer's heart without going to the trouble of finding a more trustworthy partner. you'll either get bored of the whole idea within a few days or just carry on and have it play out the way you always wanted it to.

[SIZE= 18px]H[/SIZE]i, thetuliplover, (hugs you --- that is if you accept random stranger hugs) I suggest totally accepting your sadness, it's quite part of the process of healing, and not to rush being "okay" if you're not "okay". And then just do something you like, like eating something nice or talking to a friend, or watching something that'll make you feel better.

Then when you're better, go out there and put your heart on the line for another RP!  :D It's quite part of the program, having dropped RPs, you'll encounter more of that in the future. Embrace this fact, and don't lose hope because things can get better, since the future isn't set in stone.

When you get discouraged, rise up again peacefully. Having a great time RPing is a cause and effect thing, and you can improve the effects by learning how to pick a better partner or RP, be a better player, or game master. You ain't alone, most of us here have experienced that, continued on and then met better people! So, like, welcome to the club, we've got cake and pizza and a lot of threads where you can rant or find something funny to cheer you up.

This site also has a lot of good players and GMs who are decent that you'll likely to bump into over time. Also, I think the "Hosted Projects" area has a lot more committed quality players and game masters if you'd like to check that out. Good luck!

I agree with the others. This is one thing that comes with the roleplay territory, dropped rps. Sometimes you will go through many rps in order to have those ones where they won't be dropped. Don't get discouraged just continue on.

Stuff happens. If there was something specific that you liked about that dropped RP, try to bring it into other RP's. Like, a theme or plot device. 

I put all my world building into google documents. That way I can just build new roleplays usof not the elements I liked at a latter point. Or I just keep searching with the original idea. Not everyone is a perfect fit for your stories and sometimes it takes a few tries to find the people that really make the ideas shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back