• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Getting Off on the Wrong Foot

AgentFire

[Full Disclosure - This title and concept comes from an RP I just recently started. However, I like multiple perspectives, so here we go.]

In the early days of the Earth, there was an early form of separation between two kinds of humans. Those who were taller typically mated with other taller humans, while those who were shorter would do the same. After nearly two thousand years of this happening, it isn't incredibly unsurprising to discover that two subspecies were developed. The first, those who mated taller, were still known as humans. Remaining a consistent height throughout all the years, they stayed truer to the origins of man, hence why they kept the name "human." On the other end of the spectrum, those shorter people kept getting shorter and shorter throughout countless generations, until finally, roughly around the year 300, they had stopped, now only being anywhere from 1/4 of an inch, to a whole inch tall. This subspecies garnered the name mini. Originally, it was used as a derogatory term, but eventually, it only seemed to make sense, and the entire mini population adopted this name. Granted, they didn't have much of a choice, seeing as their small stature had caused them to be the target of slavery and servitude, among other things. Back in the earlier years of the last millennium, minis were born to be servants, and in some horrific cases, they were considered delicacies in certain parts of the world. However, just as so many other creatures do, minis evolved and adapted to their circumstances. They no longer grew bones, they had stronger skin. Eventually, nothing could kill them, except for old age, of course. They could withstand the pressure of a thousand people, and walk away without a scratch. Their skin began to change colors, allowing them to blend into their surroundings, much like a chameleon. And they evolved in such a way, that they found a non-vocal way of communicating with humans. Through the power of thought, they could send messages telepathically, but only if they had skin-to-skin contact. Of course, all this did nothing but make them more resilient slaves. Their lives of servitude however, would soon come to an end. Somewhere in the early 1900s, a mini rights movement spread across the world. Both humans and minis protested the cruel treatment, and in 1932, minis were guaranteed the same unalienable rights that so many humans had. Of course, though, where does this all lead?

Now, the year is 2019. Minis and humans live in an integrated society, one where both can live and thrive. They co-exist. Many minis don't spend a lot of time around humans, but there are some jobs that require a mini's touch. Another key thing, is although minis have rights, there are still those who are prejudiced. Furthermore, it's taboo for minis and humans to date, as it all seems too foreign and unusual. And yet, here we have a would-be meet-cute, between a human girl, and a mini guy. My guy, this mini, works in a shoe store of all places. His job? Well, after people have tried on shoes enough times, they tend to get a little dirty. My guy cleans them up, being able to climb inside and get the shoes really clean. However, for whatever reason it may be, your girl doesn't realize he's doing his job. She takes the shoes, and in the process, accidentally kidnaps him. How will she react once she discovers him. More importantly, how will he react when he can free himself from his predicament.

I've given a lot of thought to this scenario, so I'm really hoping I can find at least one person that's interested. If you are interested, please post down below, or shoot me a PM. I will go off-site by request, but my default is PMing on-site. I typically don't do character sheets, but if you really want one, I can try and whip one up for you. I'm hoping to get somebody who is somewhat active, maybe a post a day? Somebody who is good with grammar and spelling, and most importantly, somebody who isn't going to ditch after the first post.

Thank you for reading, and hopefully we'll be talking soon!
-Agent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back