• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Get in the Robot, Damnit! Adeptus Evanglion

SephirothSage

Eldritch Abomination
Adeptus Evanglion is a game that takes Dark Heresy's basic system. Overhauls it. Adapts it. Put's giant Mecha in it...... and basically-

Turns it into a game inspired by Neon Genesis Evanglion.

In the words of the Tagline-

"You make the Children.

You have the Mental Disorders.

You Build the robots.

You fight the Angels.

Maybe turn into Tang.

Maybe Save the World.

If you don't fuck it up.

Which you probably will."

It's a relatively easy to work with system, but it's not an easy to play game. That is to say- the rules are easy. The difficulty is hard. That said- it's a fun kind of hard. A really fun kind of hard, actually... or at least, I'd like to think so.

I'd be happy to DM This, but if someone else wants to that's fine to. For those unfamiliar with Neon Genesis Evanglion- you make a teenage-ish character, who pilots a giant bio-mechanical super-mecha to fight Angels. The Angels are... well, in NEG they where alien giant monsters- but. In the game, they could be anything- anyway I choose to explain them.

I am undecided on staying close to the original plot, doing an alt verse of the original world, or using totally different explanations- but at base.

This is a giant robot game set in a moderately fucked up world, where you play teenagers in giant super mecha that are sentient.

One player can play their adult operations manager if they want, but. Yeah.

Thoughts?

Interest?

C'monn.. Anybody?

@Sherwood , I know you like Mecha. But uh.. any suggestions?

I'm trying to get back into the swing of the game.

There is a cruel description of an Angel's nature as giant alien monsters in your thesis for this game. Some could be perhaps even considered Lilliputian in dimension.

Look. I had to make a short summary.

So their more eldritch horror's spawned from an ancient terraforming being named Adam?

I mean, I gotta turn heads man.

That said- it is true that not all of them are giant monsters. That's just what most people think of em as!

The italicised text was a clue that I was only making inside joke towards the show (the vast majority are in fact huge, even in comparison to an Evangelion Unit).

Spawned from a terraforming Adam sounds like fun.

Even the concept of the White/Black Moons being embedded within Earth for that purpose is completely suitable for this story.

...That was what they where in Cannon. (I /think/?))

Adam was a terraforming being that was brought low, planting thousands of angels in the earths crust...

And aye, almost all are massively overly super huge.

That said- Yarp. You need the Dark Heresy Core book, but the Adeptus Evanglion stuff is addons that are DL'ed from a Site- as they are non profit, fanmade books for use with the DH Core.

That said- DH Core isn't necessarily essential, so long as one of us has it. *A which I do.*

I don't happen to have the DH book, but have passing knowledge of WH40K universe, so translating it for use with your idea should be doable.

Hmm, so on a scale from power armor through Hulk-Buster to Arc-Gurren Lagann, how giant can our robots be?

There are game mechanics that make them- but they are all the same /general/ size, because they are all Evanglions- which, while shot angles in the anime made them size inconsistent- are.... I'd say Gurren-Lagann combined, but before any of the transformations, in season one, size.

Really fucking big, but containable within a city. Like - ah.... I'd say about a 70-100 Meter tall range? Humanoid?

Oh, I do love AdEva. I am familiar with the rules, have played both AdEva and DH, and love Evangelion. The only giant monster series I know of where the government opens with artillery barrages and antimatter bombs and scales up from there. Seriously, Pacific Rim? A giant concrete wall? NERV knows how to get shit done in the event of apocalypse.

Right... Things seem to be quiet. I'm going to ping a few people to see if the are interested at all, then if not, just go with @Bardiel @Vinorm and @Random Word . You three are still on board, yeah?

Anyway- @Captain Hesperus @Sherwood , Either of you interested in joining in on this RP? I'd be happy to have either of you, and I think you might like it. Look at the first page for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back