• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum nodded, and before he left, gave her a gentle kiss on the top of her head. He turned around and left the room, getting himself plenty to eat to fill up. He wasn't sure when he'd be able to eat next, since he needed to be ready to take off with Emmalia at a moments notice. He sat oddly at the table, staring at the food as he attempted to eat more, even well after he considered himself full. Everything he had learned about Emmalia recently would've been enough to make any person in their right mind run far from her, but Callum still felt attached. He couldn't run now, he 3aw invested.

Emmalia was understandably a bit scared that Callum wouldn't return. She didn't feel safe in that house with the old healer man - he had made it evident that he didn't like her being there. She couldn't help but think, in hindsight, that it would have been smart to run off with Callum when they had spoken about it - then she wouldn't have to fear Ander. But now they were separated, and she couldn't even sleep, she was so nervous, but she was also too weak to get up and do anything.

Callum has soon finished his food and left the building, on his way back to the healers place when he stopped suddenly. A small smile grew on his face as he went off the path and into a small field of fresh grass and flowers, not soiled by the swamps bugs. He leaned over and picked a fee of the flowers, carrying them in his hand as he walked back to the healers place. When he came in, he hid the flowers behind his back. "Hey, Em. You okay?"

Emmalia looked up at him and smiled. She was starving, but unlike Callum, she couldn't just walk off and get food. So she kept quiet about that. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm glad to see you back safe." She could smell the scent of wildflowers - swamp ones, the ones she'd grown up near. But she wouldn't ruin his surprise by showing that she knew he had them.

Callum, with a bright smile on his face, revealed the flowers, proud of his work. He seemed as though he had slain a dragon, not picked flowers. He stepped closer and laid them beside her on the table. "Thought I'd get some since this place is so stuffy." He hoped she liked flowers, but he wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. She was almost more of a man then he was. "I hope you enjoy them."

Emmalia grinned and took his hand in hers. "I love them. Thank you." It was adorable how happy he was with himself. Emmalia did honestly like the flowers, too, but he was being too cute for her to really focus on those. "How was your food? Everything okay?"

"Everything was fine." He said and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Are you alright? Nothing happened while I was gone right?" He sat down in the chair, rocking slightly. He had been worried about her ever since he left, and the flowers took a matter of seconds for him to pick - he didn't want to spend too much time away from Emmalia. He had grown fearful of splitting up, especially after what Emmalia had said Ander did to her. Callum wasn't going to let that happen again.

Em smiled again and said, "Nothing happened, I'm fine, thanks."

The healer walked in and looked at the pair. He cleared his throat and said, "There was an inquiry as to if I had a patient. You will be glad to know I lied. But I'm expecting more for that."

"Anything." He said gravelly, much less comforting and soft from when he was talking to Emmalia. He almost glared at the healer for intruding on his time with Emmalia, but understood that he was the healer. "Whatever needs to be payed will be given." He finished and turned back to face Emmalia, his expression going back to the relaxed, happy one he had on earlier.

The fact that he had switched so quickly was surprising to Emmalia. But she wouldn't say anything. It was nice to have someone so protective. To the healer, she said, "Male, dark hair, tan skin, scar on his nose?" The healer nodded. Emmalia sighed. "Ander. He's looking for us, and he isn't far off. He probably knows we're in here."

"Then we need to go." He said as he began to gather their things. "We can't risk him attacking you while you're like this, he could kidnap you or hurt you badly." He slung the pack over his shoulder, ready to go. "Do you need help getting prepared or can you do it yourself? Can you walk?"

Emmalia slowly, stiffly sat up. Her body was sore, and the burn on her shoulder hurt. And considering all the blood she'd lost, she was weak too. "Running might be just what he expects of us, it could be like running into a trap." After a moment of considersation, she said, "But I will defer to your judgement. If you say we need to leave, then we leave." At least then, if they left, she could hunt while they walked.

Callum nodded as he left plenty of gold for the healer, and they made their way out of the town. "Can you walk alright?" He asked, walking close beside her and rather slowly to make sure he wasn't going past her limits. He was rather worried for Emmalia, although she was a vampire and could probably take more pain than any normal human. He constantly checked around them, looking for Ander just in case. Ever since last night, he had felt like they were being watched. He hated the feeling.

Emmalia nodded, but stayed silent. It hurt to move and even breathe, but she wouldn't complain, not when they needed to get away. They needed to get away, somewhere he wouldn't find them, somewhere they could rest. And she could heal. The hard part would be going where Ander couldn't find them. As they walked, she slipped her hand into his. It was still before dawn, so they had the cover of darkness to help them.

Callum gave her hand a light squeeze soon after she took it. Once more, the question muddled his mind - what were they? Openly holding hands, dancing, even kissing. It bugged him ever since the night they first huddled around a fire in the woods. He had been attempting to conjure his feelings into words, but never could. "Do you need me to carry you?"

Emmalia shook her head and quietly said, "No, not yet at least. But once the sun rises, I may need you to, I'm sorry." It being night time, and them being entirely alone, she felt okay with showing how sorry she felt - she was slowing him down, after all. And this was not a time to be slow. Every once in a while, she would squeeze his hand idly, just making sure he was there and still okay.

Callum nodded his head slowly, trying his best to keep from thinking about Ander. Instead, he thought about Emmalia. "I need to know something, Em. And you have to tell me truthfully." He didn't stop or turn to look at her, just kept on walking through the marsh into uncertainty. He had no clue where they were going, what they were going to run into, or if they'd make it more than ten feet before being killed. "You won't abandon me, right? You won't run at the first chance you get? I know you try to protect those you love by keeping away from them... but I can't have you do that to me."

Oddly enoigj, Em didn't hesitate or seem surprised. She just smiled slowly, and said, "Callum. I never had that intent, my dear." Before he could gape at her words, she pulled his hand toward the right, keeping them on the road. "Come on. Going into the marsh leaves very obvious tracks. Stay on the road, where the dirt is hard-packed." Sure, she had gotten him into this mess, but just maybe she could guide him out of it.

Callum was too busy mulling over what she had said. He hadn't said anything for a while after that. Had she meant to say dear, was it sincere or simple sarcasm? He wasn't sure, even though the answer seemed rather obvious. Part of him wanted to ask what was the deal between them, but the other part appreciated the mystery, the unspoken pact they had of secret intimacy that didn't go too far, but didn't seem to end short on him. "Dear?" He finally questioned.

Sometimes, Callum could be an idiot. Emmalia would not pretend that wasn't true. But it was endearing in a way. She squeezed his hand and gave him a charming smile. "I'm sorry. Would you prefer darling?" She was not being sarcastic in the least - she cared for Callum, and completely trusted him. In her eyes, their unspoken thing was just comfortable - no pushing, no obligations, just... taking it slowly. Still she felt guilty when she thought of how he wanted to waste his life on loving her, but she did love him as well, even though she knew that could end in him hurt.

Callum chuckled lightly and looked down at her. "Actually I prefer Cal." He said with a soft smile. Callum had never had a nick name before, especially not Cal, and he found it rather special. Everyone knew him as Callum - Emmalia knew him as Cal. He gave her hand a light squeeze before adding in, "But whatever you want to call me, darling."

"Well in that case you can call me Em or Emmy, dearest." She grinned up at him. Was it odd to be playing about pet names when there was a murderer after them? Maybe so. But neither of them seemed to mind. Hell, if they were going to die any time soon, then they ought to at least get their pet names straight. Though, Emmalia planned on annoying him by calling him dear, darling, and dearest until he couldn't stand it.

Callum had the exact same idea - to smother Emmalia in so much love and affection to test her breaking point of romance. He figured, since she was a battle hardened vampire, her temper would be pretty short. He put a bet against himself that she'd hate him after three days tops of saying nothing but darling. Either way, he was excited to see such progress in their friendship... relationship? Friends with kinda-benifits? Callum had no clue, and leaving it open ended felt best.

By the time the sun rose, Emmalia had had to stop to hunt a rabbit so she could eat, and was exhausted immediately afterwards, allowing Callum to carry her. She nestled into his arms and pressed her head against his chest sweetly. She really did enjoy being vulnerable around him. She felt she could truly trust him, and that was the only reason she allowed their relationship to flourish.

Eventually Callum would find an abandoned homestead, with a small, empty house locked up, and an open barn in the back with hay bales still laying about. It was only a little ways off the road.

Callum had noticed the small settlement, and went to see if anyone would let them in. When no one answered his calls, he checked around the back and saw the barn was open, with hay inside freely sitting around. Callum set Emmalia down for a moment to create a makeshift bed out if straw before setting her down on it gently. "How are you feeling?" He asked, leaning down beside her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back