• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum had continually asked why they couldn't leave. Granted, the people where he was were interesting and lively, the locations were satisfactory and the weather wasn't too bad, despite Callum's hate for humidity. But he couldn't figure out why Emmalia wanted to stay so badly. "Well why not? What are we waiting for?" He asked for the hundredth time, waiting lazily beside her.

Emmalia finally relented and took him up to their room to explain. "Okay, things changed since three years ago, when we fought those things on the new moon. Tonight is the new moon. And if I am not chained up, I will lose it and I will kill people. Even you. I go berserk, I don't recognize people, I will try to convince you to let me loose, and I don't want us being more than a half a day away from people, in case you need to run and... just listen, it sounds crazy. Tonight, you have to chain me up and walk away. Walk far enough that you can only hear me of I scream. This isn't just for your sake, it's mine too." Emmalia looked Callum in the eyes as she spoke. It was very important that he understood everything.

Callum stared deep into her eyes for a moment, this was becoming a normal thing for her to tell him a lot of information in a short span and expect him to not only understand it, but do as she says. He was getting better at it. "Alright. Where are we going to lock you up at though? It can't be in town." He began to speculate where they could take her, but he didn't know anything about this place. The west was on the one place he had never visited or heard almost anything about.

Emmalia shook her head. "No, I have the chains in my bag, we'll just find a tree and be fine. Just - whatever I say, it is not me talking to you. Do not believe anything that I say until morning comes." Knowing he was a rather sentimental man, she was very explicit in what was needed. If anything went wrong, it would be horrible.

"Alright, as long as it's not too uncomfortable for you." He said as they began to walk. He wasn't sure what to think of the situation, leaving Emmalia alone in the wilderness, tied defenseless to a tree. He didn't think it was a good idea, but Emmalia was the one who knows what was going on. "You'll be okay, right?" He asked, his voice quieting a bit.

Emmalia looked at him and sighed. "Stay close enough that you'll hear me scream and it will be fine." Now that noon had passed, she was okay with them beginning to move away from the town. "I probably won't scream, when I'm like that I'm smart enough to know that screaming will attract trouble."

Callum nodded his head, and as they walked, he slowly looped his hand in hers. He wasn't sure if it was impulse or simply because he was afraid for Emmalia. He walked close beside her and said, "Just be careful and don't attract too much attention. I'll be close by, and I won't leave until you're better. How long does it take for the effect to wear off?" He didn't know if it would last all night or not.

Emmalia said, "It will last all night. And you can't hold me responsible for what I do tonight. But we should be too far for any stray travellers to see or hear, being a half a day away from the village." Emmalia slowly ran her thumb along the inside of his palm. She knew he was worried - he was right to be.

Callum and Emmalia walked on until they felt they were a sufficient amount of time away from any nearby settlements. Callum, very ruluctant and careful, tired the chains around her to bind her to the tree. Once finished with this, Callum stepped back and admired his work, albeit concerned for Emmalia. "Are you sure you're alright? You're not uncomfortable or in need of anything are you?"

Emmalia looked down at the chains and tugged on them, struggling for a moment until she gave up and found them satisfactorily locked. "Yeah, they're plenty tight." She looked over at where the sun was setting, and said to Callum, "You better start going now, Cal.

Callum didn't move for a moment, before stepping closer. "Don't kill anyone." He said rather quickly and quietly, looking down for a second before smiling back at her. "I'll see you tomorrow morning." Before Callum left, he leaned in and kissed the top of her head. He walked backwards for a moment, taking in the view of Emmalia before turning around and walking off into the marsh and disappearing from sight. He didn't stop until he felt he was far enough away, sat by a tree, and waited.

Emmalia was well aware that he had walked too far to speak to. That was good.... There was no telling what she would say otherwise. It might alienate him and that was not what they needed, they needed to stay together. She didn't want to lose him. As the sun fully set, though, Emmalia found it harder and hard to remember what she was thinking. Her last clear thought was that she was glad Callum was away from her and not able to see her red eyes.

Her first feral action was to fight against the chains. After a solid minute of struggling, it was clear this wouldn't work. But she was impatient and could smell living beings near her that she could kill. Still, she knew better than to shout, and Callum wasn't close enough to hear her otherwise.

Callum had thought he moved pretty far away from Emmalia's location, but hearing her chains rattle made him rethink. He stood up slowly, unable to bear hearing the rattling any longer. He made his way back to Emmalia, approaching slowly. He watched for a moment before stepping out from behind a tree. "Hey there Em."

Noticing Callum, Emmalia immediately began to cry, "Cal, these chains are so tight! Please take them off, they hurt so bad,please." She even added a few tears for emphasis. For the moment, she was completely bent on gaining her freedom, no matter what the construction could be.

Callum remembered her saying not to trust her when she was like this - but what she said was so convincing. It was as if he was hearing the sirens talk to him, she sounded so hurt, Emmalia looked like she was in so much pain. "Listen, it'll only be a few more hours and you can get out of them." He said with a frown, looking away.

Emmalia whimpered quietly, and said, "Please, Cal, you have to believe me, I won't do anything bad! Just let me out for a minute, it hurts!" She got quiet, and said softly, "Please, let me out, then we can spend the rest of the night together. Don't you want that...?" Despite not being herself, she knew him, she remembered his needs and wants - he could not sleep without her, and he'd never deny her. If this failed, she had other tactics she could resort to.

Callum's eyebrow twitched a bit as he listened to her talk. Her voice was so sweet and tempting. He nearly went over to her right then and undid the chains. Instead, though, he stepped up closer to her, a few inches away. "Emmalia, I'm truly sorry but you told me I can't, so I won't. I can go a while without sleep anyway." He sounded a little doubtful, especially after hearing the strain in her voice.

Emmalia could tell his resolve was weakening. "Please, Cal, don't leave my like this, I can't take it any more." She looked at him pleadingly. "Come on, unchain me, and we can go back to the inn and spend the rest of the night together - however you like." Was appealing to his sexuality a low blow? Hell yeah. But was she exactly in her right mind? Definitely not. And Callum already knew her - she'd never spoken of such things in any way before.

Callum had to resist the urge to step closer, but he knew she couldn't be in her right mind, especially not after what she had just said. Closing his eyes tight for a moment, he stepped back. "I'm sorry Em. If that's truly you talking, we'll hhave plenty of time after this is over." He mentally slapped himself in the face as he began to walk away, trying his best to ignore anything she said.

It was then that she realized being sweet was pointless, and wouldn't get her what she wanted. "DAMMIT CALLUM YOU FUCKING COWARD! HOW DARE YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU IF YOU DON'T LET ME OUT OF THESE CHAINS!" SHe didn't particularly care who heard - she was just mad. Very, very mad.

Callum stopped in his tracks for a moment, his fist clenching and his eyes closed. He rarely allowed people to insult him in such a way without punishment, but this was Emmalia, and she wasn't in her right mind. Her change if character so suddenly proved she wasn't herself, and decided that he would wait out the rest of the night someplace he wouldn't be able to hear her. "I'll see you in a few hours." He said through gritted teeth as he walked off into the marsh.

Emmalia had ceased fighting against her bonds and sunk into sullen silence. The best she could do was try to plan possible escapes. Hours after, her head jerked up as she heard someone approach. They were stealthy, she had to give them that much. Perhaps she could convince them that Callum had chained her and she was a prisoner - that was a possibility.

The moment she caught the scent of the person, though, she was immediately thrown into a panic. "CA- " That was all she could yell before a hand clamped down over her mouth. She opened her mouth and bit down on the hand, then let out a muffled cry of pain, as she had bit into the silver back on the glove. "Cal? Is that who your new companion is?" He removed his hand only to shove a gag into Emmalia's mouth. "You got a replacement for the last one? I guess I'll have to kill this one too." He chuckled quietly and took a step back. "Remember me, Emmy?"

Emmalia growled as well as she could. He wasn't allowed to call her that.- There was no way that she could ever forget that face, or even that voice. He was a rather dashing young man, but a scar cut across his nose - the one thing that the healers couldn't heal after she had clawed into his face. On one hand she had only kept herself alive to murder him, but on the other, just being near him terrified her. That terror was ingrained into her mind. How long had he tortured her, after he had killed her adoptive family?

He said, "
I've missed you since you left. I never finished the tests that I needed. Not that I'm too mad, I did get something out of it, after all." He smirked and walked closer to her again. "I'll tell you about that later, for now, though...." Ander pulled an iron dagger out of his belt and stabbed it into Emmalia's shoulder. She tried to yell, but of course it was muffled. "Hush, you know you'll heal." He chuckled darkly and removed the dagger, trailing black blood onto the ground. Through the gag in her mouth she tried to shout for Callum. Ander growled and took the dagger, stabbing it into her throat so she couldn't make a sound, and said, "I told you to be quiet, you dumb bitch." He pulled the dagger out and blood poured from the wound. So much so that she was starting to fade from consciousness. Ander grabbed her by the jaw and said, "No, you don't get to sleep yet, you owe me for all the years I've had to look for you."

Despite the pain, Emmalia was finding it harder to fight, or even keep conscious. Ander growled and took out something from his pocket. "
I tracked you for so long, and I finally happen upon an inn throwing a party - only to find that you're not as strong as you used to be. You used to be able to lose so much more blood, Emmy. I guess you got to strengthen up again, don't you?" He held up the stone from his pocket and Emmalia immediately struggled at the sight of the sunstone, but the chains held her in place as Ander pressed it against her neck, burning her skin. The pain overwhelmed her, and she passed out.

Come morning, Emmalia hung limp, supported by the chain, and she was covered in black blood from numerous stab wounds, each point of stabbing evidently having been chosen so she'd suffer the most. The only blood that seemed to have no clear cause was the black blood that had come from her mouth, clearly visible with the gag removed. Half of her shirt was ripped off, and the edges were burned. Deep burns traced from her left shoulder to her jawline. She was still unconscious and showed no signs of waking soon. Ander was nowhere to be seen.

When daylight broke, Callum had began his way back to Emmalia with a grin. He couldn't wait to tell her all about how she tried blackmailing him into bed - something she probably wouldn't live down for a while. He walked on, but soon, almost instantly after smelling burnt flesh, saw Emmalia in the condition she was left in by Ander. He quickly raced to her side, beginning to untie the chains. "What in oblivion happened to you?" He asked, quickly scooping her up into his arms as he began to head for the nearest town.

Emmalia did not answer - she was completely unconscious. Many of her wounds had already begun to heal, but the damage was quite extensive, so they healed slowly. Most of the black blood on her was dried, but some still dripped from the wounds and onto Callum's armor.

Callum carried Emmalia effortlessly, taking her to the town they had celebrated in. The only problem was, there was way too much blood on her for people to realize who she was. He carried her to the edge of town, hid her by a tree, and bought a few sheets of cloth. He returned soon and wrapped her in it, hoping the blood seeping into the cloth would only seem like normal blood. He took her to the doctor, and went through the same routine as the one from a few months ago - pay an ungodly amount of gold for secrecy and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back