• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum wanted to help as many people as he could without taking pay. The only reason he took anything at all was because he needed money to buy food, drink and bed for his adventures. If it weren't for that, he would never accept a single coin. "Balder sounds like a good choice." He said as they began on the path to Lord Balder's castle. It took a week or so to make it there, due to it being far to the northeast. When they did arrive, though, Balder welcomed them with open arms. "Please, please, I wish to shake your hand personally." Balder stepped down from his thrown slowly and stoutly as he held out a hand. Callum gratiously shook it, and soon Balder turned to Emmalia to shake. "I cannot thank you enough. That scourge was a terror for too long."

Emmalia shook Balder's hand, but stayed silent. She didn't know how Callum would feel about his father being called a scourge. Being back to the rather her impassive image, she asked, "Can you tell us who now rules there?" Perhaps it would be a vacant seat, held by a temporary owner for the return of Gallium or Callum. Perhaps some second-in-command had risen up to take the throne. Either way, it would be best to at least know.

"Right now, the throne is empty. The laws and rules all remain the same as they were under Lord Gallium's rule until the next person takes the throne. Normally, this would be the heir like the firstborn son. Seeing as he disappeared a long time ago, it'll most likely pass on to either the younger sister, if she's worthy, or a Lord will be selected and put into the position by the high king." Balder looked between the two, his eyes resting on Callum for a moment before looking back to Emmalia. "Right now us Lords are technically in charge completely of our regions."

Emmalia looked to Callum, her eyes silently asking him if he wanted to reclaim his throne. He could do that, have his sister rule casually when she wasn't working on clothes, and he could still travel. It would prevent the risk of a bad Lord taking Gallium's place. It was entirely his choice, too. She wouldn't leave him for it.

Callum's face was expressionless besides grim. He stared off into nowhere as he seemed to contemplate becoming the new warlord of the northeast. He had thought about it many times, who wouldn't want to have as much power as Gallium did? Callum, however, didn't want to end up like his father. He was afraid that Gallium's mentoring from early childhood would arise through him, and he'd just be another Gallium. Sure, they weren't related by blood, but he raised Callum. The thought scared him, this was something he couldn't just decide in an instant. He'd need a lot of food, drink, and time to think it over. He turned to Emmalia, saying, "Well, I hope if Gallium's son returns someday, he'll know if he wants to rule or not. Right now I feel there hasn't been enough time for him to decide." Speaking in third person just to make sure Balder wouldn't recognize Callum, he turned to look at Emmalia.

Emmalia gave Callum a slight, compassionate smile. She could understand what he meant. It was a lot to consider, after all. Far be it from her to force him into a situation like that. "Hopefully he knows there's no rush." Balder still didn't know he was Callum yet, so he probably thought that he was just Emmalia's unnamed companion. Oughtn't she introduce him? "Lord Balder, this is my companion Mullac."

"Good to meet you Mullac." Balder said rather dismissively. "Anyway, I believe it is in my - our, best interest if you could help me... acquire the throne. Assuming Callum doesn't show up and Camilla doesn't take the mantle of responsibility." He seemed to think of something for a while, probably devising a plan. Callum simple shucked quietly under his helmet. Looking over st Emmalia, he whispered, "Shall we go to the Inn?" Quiet enough for Balder not to hear them, since he didn't seem to be done his rambling.

Emmalia looked over a Callum and gave a slight nod. She didn't quite like the idea of their helping Balder ascend the throne. Why would he want them to help him acquire it? They were only good for violence and missions of the like. This was something to be decided by the king, amongst the other Lords. Emmalia did not want to be privy to something like this. Politely, she said, "M'Lord, we've traveled very far and came straight here - may we please go back to the inn? We're too weary to really be any good for plans or the like at the moment."

"Of course." He said after a paus, seeming to realize just how much he was talking. "Go, enjoy your time. I shall see you back here at noon tomorrow?" He suggested, but didn't seem open to a change of time. He waved his hand with a smile as Callum and Emmalia made their way out of the castle and into a local inn, the same one they had stayed at before. It was bustling with activity, Callum surprised and joyous to see their table was vacant. He went over and sat down, the maid soon bringing them drinks. Callum, slowly, took off his helmet and set it on the table beside him.

Emmalia took her seat with a heavy sigh and ordered a goblet of wine. She looked at Callum and gave him a small smile. "I've missed being able to see your face. But it's best if we play it safe with the helmet as often as possible." To say he wasn't handsome would have been a lie. But he already knew that she was attracted to him. To get to the important thing, she said, "I always respected a Balder as a Lord, but... the way he phrased it... why would he need us to help him get the throne unless it were by foul play?"

"Oh, no doubt he means for us to assassinate any Lord who might get the throne." Callum said. He wasn't sure if everybody could tell or if it was because if the way he was raised, but he seemed to always know what a Lord or Counts intentions were. His father was always after power and land. Balder seemed to want power, whether it be for good or bad. Aman wanted someone who wasn't a monster to be put in charge. Callum then understood what Emmalia said and, if it weren't for his stubble, it might look as though he were blushing. He took a long drink from his mug before continuing. "I'm more concerned over 'Callum's' reappearance. If I do decide to become the warlord, then it might seem as though I was in hiding, and only showed up to secure my father's throne."

Emmalia shrugged and said, "I mean, those who knew your father wouldn't blame you. He was not exactly a kind man." She stayed silent, then shook her head. "I have no wish to become an assassin. But let us directly tell Balder that. Then maybe go back to the king himself - I've worked with a few lords, you have too, maybe we can advise him." She took a long drink of her wine, then sighed and set it down. Rather quietly, she said, "I always hated the politics part of things. So much sneaking behind backs - I always thought it would be so much better to get all the Lords in a room, have them say what they really meant, then that would be it. So much easier that way...."

Callum nodded his head slowly as he looked down at his mug. Callum detested politics, he figured if no one was dying directly by the person who wanted them dead, then it wasn't just. Callum looked up at Emmalia, crossing his brows. "Emma... do you think I should take the throne?" He didn't think he was ready to be a king just yet, but starting things a little early never seemed to hurt anyone. He just hoped his fellow advisors would educate him on the makings of a king instead of hound him for his ignorance.

"Well...." She began, then shrugged. "It's really up to you. I mean, if you want to keep up this wandering lifestyle, you can. Maybe leave some of it to your sister, some trusted advisers maybe, deal with other things whenever we decide to return. Even in jail, though, Gallium still potentially holds some influence - might send someone to kill you for betraying him." She shook her head slowly, then quietly said, "It really is up to you. However... I'll stay with you, whatever the choice." She looked up and met his eyes as she said the last sentence.

Callum's face remained stoic and unflinching, but inside, turmoil and clockwork spun in his head. On one hand, he loved adventuring with Emmalia. It was exciting, and something new always presented itself. But, if he took up the throne, he could keep Emmalia safe. He could use his guards to keep Ander out, hopefully. If he wanted them to be nice and safe and rich in a castle, he had every chance to. After a second of thinking, a smile crept onto his face as he took a sip of his drink, not saying anything more.

Emmalia looked at him smiling like that, and cocked her head to the side. It wasn't hard to figure that he was thinking about her staying with him, in some way or another. Slowly, she said, "Callum... you do realize that I can't constantly stay in a castle, right? I won't age. Besides - me being what I am, it's for the best if I try to help people. I've got - " She stopped herself, then quietly said, "I can't just stay trapped in a castle."

"Who said you're staying in a castle?" Callum said with a mischievous smirk. Sure, protecting her was paramount, but... was it worth Callum and he's adventure together? They've lasted this long in their own, they could get much further. It was almost selfish of him to want to travel around with her, rather than to keep her safe and locked away. But, Callum figured after all these years, he deserved to do something for himself. The girl he so desperately needed sat in the other side of that table, si o ping away at wine in a local pub. What could be better than this?"

Emmalia slowly smiled, and said quietly, "I can't think of anything at the moment." Sure, they had a madman after them, and they both had their pasts to run from, but really, it was a nice moment - just her and him. Him, the sweetest guy she'd met, who got ridiculously jealous and protective over her, and had managed to convince him to let him love her. Perhaps... she even deserved it. Maybe it was some kind of repayment from fate.

Callum only smiled in response, taking in more of his ale. Callum felt that, whatever gods may be, they wanted Emmalia to be his. A sort of payment, for all of his time in bettering himself. In becoming the person he always knew he was, but couldn't quote achieve before Emmalia came along. They still hadn't clarified anything about their relationship - she could pull the rug out from under him and start confessing her love to Balder for all he knew, but technically, he couldn't do anything about it. But it was the slight mystery that came from this that made their rations hip so appealing. They had every chance to run from one another, yet they didn't.

Emmalia finished her wine, then said, "Hey, I'm actually tired tonight. Let's go to bed." By then, it was just normal practice for them to share the bed. He needed her, and she liked feeling warm and comfortable like an actual normal person. Maybe in their room they could come up with a plan about Balder - would they just tell him no, or go to the king?

Callum nodded and downed the rest of his drink before standing up, grabbing his helmet, and going up to the room they had rented for the night. Once in, he instantly began to undo his armor, tired and fatigued of wearing it for so long. He tossed all of it in the corner before collapsing onto the bed with a grunt. He turned his head to look at Emmalia. "Never expected you to be tired Em."

Having taken off her armor more carefully, she looked over at him and shrugged. "Yeah, I just...." Did she want to tell him the truth? Then he would worry.... But maybe she needed someone to worry for her, even if that was selfish of her. "I haven't been sleeping real solid since the whole Ander thing. Nightmares and all. Mostly from just the other night. Sometimes, you show up to stop him, and he kills you." Her voice had gotten progressively mroe quiet, until she added in a whisper, "Those are the worst dreams."

"Well, Em, I promise you he won't lay a finger on you." He said. Callum knew he wouldn't last long in a fight against Ander, but he may be able to tip the scales. Rig traps, or simply throw him off a cliff in a suicide run. He didn't care what happened to him, as long as Ander never touched Emmalia again. He swore it as his oath to keep her out of his vile grasp, no matter the consequences. "I'll fight tooth and nail to keep you safe." He hoped his words would help her sleep better. He cared too much about her to see her tired from sleepless nights.

Emmalia smiled slightly, then shook her head. "It's fine, he's not after us for this very moment - the dreams will come, no matter what I know." She glanced over at him and quietly asked, "Don't you have the occasional nightmare?"

"Of course I do." He said and left it at that. He wasn't one to talk about the things that made him sad or afraid, even if most of them involved her. Actually, all of them involved Emmalia. Her leaving him, her dying, her disappearing... there were many ways he felt she could leave him, whether she wanted to or not, and leave him alone in this world. He was content on keeping her - and himself - alive though. They were going to have a happy ending, even if it meant the end of the rest of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back