• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

The healer, an old man with his young granddaughter as an apprentice, was very disgruntled about the mess - to heal something that bled black blood! What was the world coming to? But he supposed that, since they had killed the chimera, Emmalia couldn't be too bad of a thing, so he agreed to help for a very hefty fine. First was the cleaning of the wounds, then the dressing and bandaging. The burn they had to particularly be careful with, as it was third-degree and would not heal quickly like everything else.

After Emmalia's wounds had been treated, she was left to rest. When she did wake up, however, it was coughing up blood. She moved so she held herself up on her forearm and spat out the blood that had begun pooling in her lungs, then continued coughing until the fit had passed. Exhausted, in pain, and confused, she called quietly and weakly, "Cal...?" She was desperate to hear his voice - she wanted to know that he was there, and that Ander hadn't kidnapped her.

"I'm here." He said, sitting in a chair by the bed. His hand was cupped over hers before she had began to cough up blood. "Do you need me to fetch the doctor? He's just in the other room." He leaned in closer, too eager to leave her side just yet. "What happened? Did you do that to yourself?" He felt terribly guilty, since he had gone well out of earshot to stop hearing her scream about him. It hung heavily on his heart, feeling as though it was his fault Emmalia was in the state she was in.

Emmalia shook her head. "My body is working to heal itself, I don't need the doctor. Just... hurts, that's all." She slowly, stiffly laid back on the bed, and looked over herself. It seemed like every inch of her skin was covered in bandaging. She moved her hand over his and gave him a weak smile. "I didn't do this to myself... please don't feel bad." The more she thought about what had happened, the more she wanted to cry - Ander had found her. This boded horribly for both her and Callum.

"Well, what did end up happening then?" He asked, sitting a bit closer. This puzzled him even more - no one knew they had gone out there, much less what they were going there to do. He was certain no one had followed them. Was she telling him this to make him feel better? Perhaps it was his fault and she was just trying to cover that up.

Emmalia looked at Callum, then looked away so she didn't have to meet his eyes. He was involved in this now - he had a right to know everything. Slowly, she said, "Ander found me. When I was young, my parents set him and I up for courting. I hated him. He was a psychopath - used to brag about how he could kill deer but rather let them bleed out slowly when hunting. I was maybe seventeen, and he took me to a theatre performance, then out to food. He slipped something in my wine, but I was too smart for him, and had the maid switch it out when he wasn't looking. You can guess what he tried to do - he didn't get far, I clawed into his fucking face and ran. Left a scar that the healers couldn't fix, too. My mother, she said that he had just been excited, and that I ought to apologize to him. So, I ran away. My mother and father - they were almost as bad as him, they never cared for me or for anyone else. One time when I disobeyed, my mother...." Emmalia's voice trailed off, then she quietly said, "she killed my favorite castle cat and left the body in my room. I just hugged it and cried and cried...." Her eyes started to get teary, so she rubbed them on her forearm. She still wouldn't meet Callum's eyes, these memories were just too painful for her. "They were horrible parents - my father would ridicule me when he took me fishing or hunting or anything. They would take away my meals for no reason, sometimes for days at a time. Courting, marriage - I was a bargaining chip for them, that was it."

Callum took a moment to process this. He was going to have to keep track of all of her back stories, keep them in line and properly remembered. "Perhaps they were just... strict?" When he saw the look she gave him, he continued with, "Just playing Devils advocate. Listen, you and I can take on Ander together, he'll be no match for a knight and a dark huntress. I won't let you down. We can get through this." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

Emmalia shook her head and smiled sadly. "Oh, I barely began about my parents, I did not finish with Ander. After I ran away at seventeen, I wandered, had the ancestral lion's gauntlet, bought a sword and a shortsword. Traveled with some fighting groups for a bit. Then I found an acting troupe. I offered to play violin in exchange for food and shelter, and they accepted. That was where I met Mathias and my adoptive family. But my parents had sent out hunting parties for me, and they hadn't given up. Every once in a while I would leave the troupe and return, just to keep the hunting groups off of the trail. But there was a boy in the troupe, Peter. A year odler than me. I'm sure it'll kill you to hear, but I was head over heels in love with him. A few years passed, we were to get married eventually. I was so happy there...." Again she trailed off, and the tears started falling. "But the hunting party that Ander led, they were getting close, so I ran away. I got turned into a vampire while I was gone, and I knew... I knew that to go back would be a bad idea. But I did it. Just to see Peter one last time. And, ah... I got there, and I heard sobbing, and I smelled blood, and death and... I walked into camp and...." Emmalia started quietly sobbing. "I found Peter dead with dagger through his heart. Some of the others, they were killed too, and I was told, it was Ander, he had watched me and when he found out I loved Peter, he decided he'd kill him when I was returning. He just... killed them. Just like that, just so I could suffer." She sobbed quietly, then tried to clear her throat. "I remember holding his corpse and sobbing for hours. I was so distraught, the blood didn't bother me. But to keep everyone else safe, from myself and Ander, I ran and ran. But Ander, he's a smart bastard. His plans had changed - he was mad that I would love an actor over him, and that I had gained immortality. I won't pretend to know how he found out, but he did. And one night, he caught me. I was in the woods, hunting for a rabbit or anything to drain, and... he just snatched me up." Emmalia was trying to hold herself together, but failing horribly, as she started shaking and sobbing. The memories had overwhelmed her, and she could not continue.

Callum brought her into a gentle embrace, careful not to hurt any of her wounds. He felt her sob into his chest, letting her become calm without needing to say anything more. Alum simply stared blankly at the wall. Was he disrespecting Peter's honor? Was he mercilessly attempting to swoon Emmalia at the cost of her deceased loved one's image? He felt dirty, rotten. Now, he felt as if it were a sin to simply hug her. Callum sighed softly, then asked, "What happened then?"

Emmalia had no hesitation in hugging Callum back, and tightly. The embrace was comforting, and that was what she needed, comfort.When she had finally stopped crying, she held onto him with her face pressed into his chest for some time longer. What was next was where it was really hard to speak. It had given her nightmares ever since, one of which Cal had woken her from. Finally, she quietly said, "I woke up... somewhere. I don't know where. I was strapped to a stone slab. Ander saw this as the perfect chance not just to have revenge on me for rejecting him, but to experiment. I don't know what he was trying to achieve - I think it was immortality without the vampire side effects. I'm sure he sold my blood too - vampire blood is an expensive alchemy regent. But he put poisons in me, and Hell, anything else he coudl think of." She closed her eyes tightly and turned her head away from Callum, her body shaking from the memories. "He tortured me constantly. Anything horrible that could be done... he did."

Callum grimaced and held her close. "I'm sorry to hear this..." He wasn't sure how to respond, hearing the girl you loved had been tortured for who knows how long didn't make you feel much better. To top it all off, she was head over heels for a guy before him - he was completely treading in Peters territory, even if he was dead. "I'll make sure it never happens again."

Emmalia nuzzled against his chest and hugged him back. "I'm scared, Cal. He killed Peter... he said, last night, that he would kill you too. I can't lose you...." Her voice was quiet. She was over Peter for many years, romantically, but she wasn't over how he, and her adoptive family, had died. She started crying quietly again. "I just don't know how to protect you."

Callum was shocked by this - he hadn't expected Emmalia to hug him. He was certain she wouldn't want to get anywhere near him after talking about Peter, but it was a nice surprise. He hugged her back tightly. "You don't need to protect me, I need to protect you, and I promise I will." He kissed the top of her head gently.

Emmalia started leaning more heavily against Callum as the extent of her injuries began to burden her. "He's ruthless.... You won't even see him coming. We cannot be separated for a minute from here out...." She was less worried about herself getting captured again, and more concerned about Callum getting killed.

"I'm a tough guy Em, I think I can handle a thug." He spoke somewhat overconfidently. He knew he shouldn't boast, but when Emmalia was counting on him not getting killed, he needed to show that be believed in himself, even if he truly didn't. He hadn't for a few months now, and he doubted that would change. He flashed a smile and tried to cheer her up. "You said we can't be separated at all huh? How shall we get baths?"

Emmalia smiled slightly and said, "We can figure that out as we go. Ander isn't just some thug.... For now, though... I'm tired." She gently tugged him closer so he could have to get onto the bed, then she curled up against him. "Are you comfortable?"

"Emmalia, I'm only ever comfortable when I'm in a bed with you." He gave a happy smile, holding her close to him as he stroked her cheek gently. He couldn't help but stare deep into her eyes - they were flawless. He was hypnotized in her beauty, the way that became dangerous if one got too deeply enveloped in harsh love. Callum felt himself going into that stage, and he decided to do a dive head first into it. He wanted to be with Emmalia.

Em smiled and adjusted herself to him as best as she could with her injuries. Slowly she closed her eyes as he stroked her cheek - she liked the sensation, the simple repetitive warmth. He was just so sweet and caring, she couldn't help but love him. Not that she was quite ready to say that - at the moment they had to deal with her injuries and Ander being after them. IT was a bad idea for her to love him, being undead and all, but she just couldn't help it.

Moments later she was asleep, holding his hand in both of her hands, and held tightly to her chest.

Callum had slept well that day - last night had nearly given Him multiple heart attacks, so it was good to get a nice long rest, with Emmalia to make it even better. He had woken up rather early the next morning, before the sun came up since they fell asleep while the sun was still out the previous day. He slowly sat up, and smiled down at Emmalia. He shook her side very gently and said, "Wake up Em."

Emmalia slowly woke and looked up at him with big eyes, blinking slowly. "Why is it...? Are we safe?" She was kind of happy to have been woken when it was still night - she preferred it, it was calmer, safer for her to take off her mask, and the sun didn't burn her skin. But why did he wake her? He seemed to be in a good mood.

"Yeah, we're safe." He said as he rubbed his eye with his free hand, his other still resting on her side. He didn't want to move it in, hoping she didn't mind. "Didn't know if you wanted to talk some more before the day begun." He leaned back and rested on his arm, looking down at her with a soft smile.

He knew her well - she always was more willing to talk at night. She smiled softly and pressed her head against his chest lightly. "I don't know. Everything that's happened.... it's just so much stuff. All I can think is that I'm scared Ander will find us and take you from me... and I'm scared that when I sleep, I'll have nightmares of being back there again. You know... one of the only reasons I didn't kill myself was so I could hunt him down eventually?" Maybe it was dark, her saying that, but it was true.

Callum grimaced silently at the last part. He wanted to tell her so many things right then, just to try and change her mind for that - he just wasn't sure how or what order to say it in. He brought her close to him and let out a sigh. "We can get through this. Ander will die, you'll get revenge, your family will give up the search and I'll get the girl." He said, somewhat optimistically as he stared up at the ceiling.

Emmalia was glad that he didn't freak out about the last part - she wasn't depressed, she just knew she was a monster. Of course, now that she had a purpose, hunting other monsters, she was no longer truly suicidal, especially since Callum had come into her life. She carefully hugged his waist and said, "Yes, you will." Though she wasn't sure it would be that easy, killing Ander, she was ready to try it, and to die defending Callum if that were needed.

Callum smiled softly and pulled her against him for a moment before pulling away and standing up. He began to get on his gear, and when he was finished, he stood over the side of the bed looking down at Emmalia. "I need to get some food soon, I'm starving. Would you like anything while I'm out?" He asked.

Emmalia shook her head. He couldn't exactly get her blood to drink. "But you have to be very careful, okay...? It's still night out, not too many people around, and I'm too weak to go with you." If Ander got him now, she would never forgive herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back