• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum took a moment to process what she had just said. If what she was saying was true, then she could be in serious danger because of him. After his time thinking, he wrapped her in a tight embrace and didn't let go. "Whatever happens, we can get through this. We're companions now, if one of us goes down, so will the other. I'm not about to give up on you yet." He knew the kind of situation she was in, he had just gotten out of the same predicament. "This may seem out of the question, but have you ever thought of just... going there? And meeting them again? You're a woman now, they can't hold you back."

Shocked by the embrace, Emmalia froze for a few moments before hugging him back desperately tight. Why didn't he care that she had lied? He was just too damn sweet.... "Callum, believe me, I have very good reasons for never, ever wanting to go there again. They can not know of my whereabouts...." After a few moments, she crawled closer to him, into the embrace, and hid her face against his chest.

"I know it sounds impossible but it might work out in the end. Ultimately, what you say goes. I'm just trying to open up possibilities." He held her tight against him, gently running his hand across her back. After a while, he slowly brought a hand to her chin and lifted it up so she was looking into his eyes. "Your secret is safe with me Emma. It doesn't matter what you've done, I understand. I'm here for you."

Emmalia tried to smile, failed, and ducked her head down to hug him tightly again. "Thank you, Cal." Even though he had forgiven her, she continued to cry quietly against him.

Callum never let go of her, simply comforting her as she cried against him. Gently scratching her back as she sobbed, he attempted to make her feel better by trying to get her to fall asleep slowly, by playing with her hair, rocking her a bit, even telling stories from his time away since they had seen each other three years ago. He himself felt he was becoming tired, no doubt due to Emmalia's pleasant aura she brought to every conversation.

In a short time, Emmalia had stopped crying, but had stayed cuddled close to Callum. Her only movement away from him was so they could get under the blankets - while she didn't really feel cold anymore, (as a vampiress,) he probably did. Once they were settled again, she nestled against him, and was soon asleep.

Callum had also fallen asleep shortly after she did. It was a peaceful night with peaceful dreams, and soon, the sunlight was shining through the window onto them. Slowly, Callum opened his eyes and looked around. When his eyes landed on the girl laying on top of him, he smiled, and shook her gently. "Hey, Em." He said. "I think we may have overslept." His dreams last night were only of her, like they had been ever since he met her again, and sue had constantly been invading his thoughts while he was awake too.

Emmalia slowly woke up and nuzzled against Callum more. "Ugh, I don't wanna get up...." Despite what she said, though, she sat up in the bed and rubbed at her eyes - they hurt from having cried so much. When they went downstairs sometime later, a message had arrived from King Cassius, requesting their presence. They went to his palace, and he explained that they should leave the area before Gallium was captured, and had a job for them, if they were willing. There was a beast attacking a village a few days' walk towards the West. It wouldn't take them into LaFaren territory, only into the very beginning of the Swamplands, in fact, so they agreed.

The quest had went off without a hitch - it was Callum's first time ever truly being in the swamp lands of the west, and he honestly wasn't a fan, but nonetheless he continued with Emmalia on the journey. They had killed the chimera easily, thanks to their prolonged amount of experience fighting with one another. They had saved another helpless town, who's inhabitants insisted on throwing a great party for them in their honor at the local inn, where they received free food and beds for slaying the monster so expertly.

As the party commenced, there was great joviality throughout the inn, and even Emmalia seemed overtly happy. At one point, a song was requested of the band, and nobody seemed to know it. Emmalia, however, did, and took up the violin offered to her. The song was a very fast-paced reel, a country dance in fact, and one that Emmalia enjoyed. As she played, she sang sweetly, "I know you've danced a hundred songs, but stay with me one more." The guests all danced to the reel, and as she sang the chorus, Emmalia looked directly at Callum and smiled. "I don't need anybody, I'm fine here on my own, but if I needed somebody, it'd be you I called my own."

Last edited:
Callum wasn't a man who often danced with a partner, much less by himself, so he decided to take the time to sat down and have a mug for a moment as he enjoyed Emmalia's singing and fantastic violin playing. He watched intently with a smile on his face, listening to the lyrics as if it were a prophecy given to him, every last word being important. His smile only got bigger as he listened on, though, it seemed as though the universe was finally cutting him a break after all these years.

Emmalia finished the song and passed off the violin. She had liked that song - it seemed fitting for her and Callum. Without hesitation, she went to his side. She grinned and said, "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping this would die down soon. Fighting a chimera is tiring work, after all." What she didn't say was that she wanted to go to bed so she could cuddle up to him too.

Callum smiled brighter when she sat beside him. "You're a fantastic singer." He complimented, his hand resting besides hers for a moment. "You look tired. It seems like you finally found a good way to need sleep - just fight a chimera before bed." He joked, taking one last swig of his drink. "Are you going to retire to bed early?" He seemed rather hopeful, as if he truly wanted to go to bed in hopes of them once more sharing a room together.

Emmalia nodded. "Thank you for the compliment. I think I'll go to bed - I didn't sleep last night, after all. Every other day I need sleep." A few people had begun to leave the party, and Emmalia wished they all would. It was nice to do something so human again, to enjoy the atmosphere, the smoke from the braziers and the dancing and music, but she was truly tired. She took Callum's hand in her own and said, "You want to go to bed too?"

"Of course I do." He chuckled. "I can only sleep when I'm with you, I need to get as much rest as I can." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze and looked over at her with a soft, tired smile. "If it weren't for the chimera I'd begin to think you almost like sleeping in the same bed as me."

Emmalia chuckled and squeezed his hand. "Well that's quite the imagination you have, there." She smiled playfully, then stood up and told the innkeeper that they would be retiring. The innkeeper immediately set to cleaning everybody out while Callum and Emmalia went up to their room. They'd become more comfortable with paying for only one room, despite the occasional glances innkeepers gave them. Once in their room, Emmalia took off her armored bodice and her weapons belt. "This was a good day.

"I agree." Callum smiled as he undid his armor pieces so he was only on his tunic. He sat down on the edge of the bed with a sigh. "That should get us through a week or so. Maybe even more if we ration the gold." Callum laid out in the bed with a sigh and stared up at the ceiling. He looked over at Emmalia with a soft smile, glad to see she hadn't abandoned him. He had expected her to run like she had told him, but her stating so long gave him hope. They were partners now, after all.

Emmalia sat on the bed beside Callum. "With as much gold as we have, we could easily run off and make a living in some town somewhere far off. Half a gold per night, we could probably spend a year in any inn in Trulane. However, our adventuring lifestyle is... expensive." Before he could get any ideas, she said, "Of course, I wouldn't change it for anything." Now that she had to consider him in her plans, it was different. Things had changed, and she was surprisingly glad they had. Being alone all of the time was tiring.

"Well, who says we have to change now? I'm sure we have plenty of time to get done anything we want now, and change up the lifestyle when we see fit." He looked over at her and flashed a smile, his hand resting against hers. "We're not too old, we've got plenty of time." He repeated himself, since he still didn't know if it's what he wanted to do - killing monsters for a living. He knew he liked it, but there were many other styles of living they could take up that would be less costly.

Emmalia nodded slowly, and quietly said, "Unfortunately, I have too much time." As much as she tried to ignore it, she would outlive Callum by a long time. Eventually he would grow old and she would not. Hell, eventually she would seem like his daughter or grand daughter, standing next to him. It was not a pleasant thing to think of

Callum chuckled at the thought. "Well, at least people would mistake me for being a king, since I'll be in my 70s with a young woman at my side." He felt like humor was the best way to diffuse the situation, because it too made him sad that she would live on without him, maybe even forget about him at some point. He turned away for a moment as he thought about her, travelling with someone else, having a much more memorable time. It saddened him more than Callum would admit.

Emmalia smiled a bit sadly and quietly said, "We can cross that bridge when we get to it." She didn't like the thought of his dying, getting sicker and sicker and finally being lost to her. To change the subject, she moved to his side and cuddled up to him. "Go to sleep, for now."

Callum smiled softly and held her close. "Is that an order, LaFaren?" He whispered quietly, but already had his eyes closed. He was ready to sleep, it was something he was finally get used to. Before Emmalia could reply, Callum drifted off to sleep, his grip still tight on her though.

Emmalia smiled slightly and moved her arm over his waist before falling asleep as well.

The next day, Emmalia was in a strange state of agitation. She couldn't seem to hold still for long - and this was a girl who could normally hold still for days on end. She kept very close to Callum, and asked that they not leave the area until noon at the very earliest. For her srange state, she gave no explanation.

Emmalia smiled slightly and moved her arm over his waist before falling asleep as well.

The next day, Emmalia was in a strange state of agitation. She couldn't seem to hold still for long - and this was a girl who could normally hold still for days on end. She kept very close to Callum, and asked that they not leave the area until noon at the very earliest. For her srange state, she gave no explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back