• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Gallium already had the papers ready by the time they got there. "Ah, the knight whom I've seen so much of, but heard so little." When Callum didn't reply, he pressed the topic further. "I wish to know of you, knight, so I may slander your reputation should your work not satisfy me." Still, Callum didn't talk, turning to Emmalia for help. He knew Gallium would know his voice even if he tried to change it.

Emmalia cleared her throat and said, "M'Lord, he cannot speak - his tongue was cut off when he was young. However, he and I can communicate through a form of gesture language. We have discussed your job offer, and we will both agree to take it - it may be true that Balder is damaging to more than a few people, and so I am in the rights to remove him."

"It's about time," He said. "Just one big redundancy you dark hunters go through. Morals will only get you killed in this world." He gave the papers to a guard after signing, who handed them over to Emmalia. Oh, and, maybe for your next assignment I'll have you look at the LaFaren girl mystery. Quite bloody, I hear." A wicked smiled grew on his face.

For a moment, Emmalia was tempted to go off on Gallium for the morals comment, but she managed to keep her comments to herself. The very name of the LaFaren mystery sent a chill down her spine, though. She didn't show it, and showed a polite little smile instead. "Perhaps, m'Lord. Not sure how well I could work it - hundreds of hunters haven't been able to figure it all out. But we will see. Good day." With that, she turned and walked out, trusting Callum to follow her.

Callum lingered a few moments, looking between them before following after her. When they were well out of earshot, Callum asked, "What's he talking about? What LaFaren mystery?" He spoke in a hushed tone, and walked close by her.

Emmalia looked up at Callum for a second in shock. This could play to her advantage. "I'm surprised you don't know. The Western Lord, LaFaren? Their only daughter went missing years ago, the hunting party sent out to find her was found murdered. The bounty is still out there for her, but it's said to be a suicide mission to look for her." She shrugged, and added, "Me, I think her corpse is at the bottom of one of those damned Western swamps, but a popular theory is that she was taken by a necromancer for her virgin and noble blood, and another theory is that she was kidnapped by some monster. Either way, I would not want to be assigned that job."

Callum nodded slowly, feeling as though it was something he had hears a long time ago. He walked alongside her, thinking about what she had said. "Well, it'd be worth the suicide part to look for her, if her family needs her that bad. We don't need to do it under Gallium's reins, though. When we get done with this, we can do whatever at our own pace." He flashed a reassuring smile. "No one as good as us have gone looking for her."

Emmalia shrugged and shook her head. "I was young when it happened, I don't think she's still alive. And who knows, maybe she ran away and doesn't want to be found? Her tracks were covered damn well for that, though." She just gave another shrug and said, "We'll see what happens. First things first, after all."

Callum nodded. "We need to get to the king, or maybe even the high king. It depends on who would better appeal to our case. As long as Gallium gets taken from his throne, the world will be a better place." He kept close by Emmalia, looking around every now and then to make sure they weren't being followed.

The journey to the King's palace took about a week, but the travel to Lord Balder's would have been the same, so Callum and Emmalia were safe for the moment. Emmalia, with her status as a dark huntress, was able to get an audience that same day. The King was presented with the signed contract as well as a statement from both of them as to Gallium's attacks against Lords and other crimes against Trulane.

King Caissian, being impressed with their honesty and the risk they took, rewarded both of them with seventy-five gold each, and a week at the finest inn in the city for them to stay at so they could remain hidden until a "small" army could be gathered up to capture Gallium, though the hope was that seeing as he was called by the King, he would come on his own.

Caissian thanked them for their help, and said he would consider sending work their way while they were visiting. After thanking their King, Emmalia and Callum went to their rooms at the inn.

The Inn was three floors of the cleanest rooms they'd ever seen in an inn, with the softest blankets, finest curtains and wall hangings, and overall best service ever. Emmalia's first point of business was going to her room to bathe and scrub at her skin until she finally felt clean. Just the thought of working with Gallium made her feel dirty. Then, dressed in her usual armor and attire again, she went downstairs to meet with Callum.

The first thing Callum did was have a feast in honor of possibly bringing down his father. He hadn't stopped eating until he was sure he'd be sick the next day, and afterwards, took a relaxing bath as well. When he was finished, he got dressed in his normal attire, not the heavy, bulky armor he had been wearing for so long. He get dressed and went out of his room to the adjacent one, knocking lightly. "Are you decent Em?"

Emmalia called, "Yeah, come in," from her bed, where she sat brushing out her thick wet hair. Her one vanity, it was a pain to deal with sometimes. Still brushing her hair, she said, "Hey there, what's up?" While she kind of hoped he hadn't had a particular reason for visiting, she also realize that having handed over his father to the King's wrath was probably a bit difficult for him to deal with, and she was willing to listen if he wanted to talk.

Callum opened the door slowly and stepped in, closing it behind him. He flashed a smile and sat beside her on the bed, albeit rather far away in comparison to how close they've been recently. He was afraid he was impeding on her personal space, and didn't want to intrude on it if she didn't want him to. "Just stopping by, checking it. Making sure you're okay." He watched Emmalia brush her hair, almost hypnotic in its flawless repition.

"Well, that's sweet of you," she said as she worked on brushing out some knots. She noticed that he was further away than he needed to be, but she wasn't going to say anything. "I've been thinking, maybe we should go away from here - Gallium will know we went to the King. But he said he could get us a job. I dunno, what do you think?"

Callum nodded. "I definitely don't think we should stay too long. I think we should go looking for the LaFaren girl. It seems like an interesting case." He groaned lightly and laid back on the bed, looking over at her. He was a bit closer now, somewhat wrapped around her in his odd position on the bed.

Emmalia stopped brushing her hair and leaned back on Callum's stomach. "Yeah, we could, but there's no payment for that, and the West Is where people have bounties on me." These were rather flimsy excuses for not wanting to go on that quest.

Emmalia stopped brushing her hair and leaned back on Callum's stomach. "Yeah, we could, but there's no payment for that, and the West Is where people have bounties on me." These were rather flimsy excuses for not wanting to go on that quest.

Callum smiled ever so slightly when she leaned on him. "I stared the man in the face who was calling for my retrieval just hours ago. I'm sure we can find ways to keep you hidden. And who cares about the pay? We can take up smaller jobs to pay for our endeavors, and when we do find her, we'll be set for life." He turned slightly and looked down at her. "Don't you want to bring that girl back to her family? If not for reuniting, but for closure to the family?" He began to stroke her hair gently, just as she did before. It soothed him, and he figured he could return the favor.

Emmalia closed her eyes and savored the feeling of his playing with her hair. "What if she doesn't want to go back?" Emmalia asked quietly. Of course the clear answer would have been to find her and ask her.

"That's a possibility." He said. "Still, we can tell her family, truthfully, that she didn't want to be found. Imagine if you had a daughter who ran away, one you cared about deeply, who disappeared one day and never returned. Sometimes, some simple piece of mind can make things better, even if it's only in the slightest." He twirled her hand in his fingers and smiled. "You'll realize it's a good idea when we do it."

Emmalia nodded a bit, then quietly said, "Okay... but what if her family didn't actually care about her?" She'd begun reminiscing on her own family, and it was rather hard for her to handle. She grew quiet and just looked at the distant wall.

Callum heard her get more quiet, and waited a moment before answering. "There's no doubt in my mind she was loved by someone. If not then, perhaps now." He put his hands on her sides and pulled her up further, so she was almost eye to eye with him. "Emmalia, we can do this together. I know we'll be able to find her." He slowly lifted a stray hair from her face. "I know what I'm talking about."

The way he said, 'if not then, perhaps now,' struck a cord in Emmalia. She looked at him and met his eyes, then looked away as tears started welling up in her eyes. He didn't know what he was talking about - forcing her to go West. So many bounties.... "Alright," she said quietly.

"See? I knew you'd take the offer." He flashed a smile. He wrapped his arms rightly around her, not wanting to break the silence for a bit longer. He didn't know why she was crying, but Callum figured she was remembering about her secretive past. "It's okay, I'm here. If you want to talk about something, please, tell me."

Emmalia pulled away from him suddenly and started sobbing. Callum was too damn nice for a liar like her. Best if she just told him now - before the lies killed her. "Dammit, Callum, you can't find her!" She shook her head vigorously and said, "You can't find her because I am her! My name is Emmalia LaFaren! I ran away from my family twelve fucking years ago and they won't stop sending money to get me back! Now your dad knows and he'll tell Cassius, and Cassius will tell them I'm alive and they'll find me! I've been lying to you!" She looked at him with tears runnung down her face and quietly added, "Don't you see? I'm a liar. Anything to protect my own undead skin...." This was very untrue, but it was how she felt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back