• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Husband? Emmalia kept that in the back of her mind - sure she and Callum hadn't crossed any lines, but they had slept cuddled together twice in a row. And Camilla didn't trust him? Well, it seemed that was rather fair of her, considering that he'd slept with Em in an innocent - but nonetheless amoral - way. Figuring Camilla was telling the truth, of course.. Keeping up her innocent, charming tone, Emmalia said, "Oh, no, nothing like that! I'm going to be a bodyguard for Lord Aman at a coming banquet, that's why I'm working with Callum. So if it's possible, a hidden slit in the rouching on each hip, so I can reach daggers in thigh holsters."

"Oh, well, it's not the first time i've had to make something like that. I can do it for you no problem." She flashed a smile as she twisted her limbs in various ways to make the proper measurements and the dimensions of each part of her body. Finally, she finished with the measuring and set everything aside. She brought her over to a row of various materials, fabrics and designs. "What kind of fabric would you like?" She asked, then followed up with, "How long have you known Callum? What has he done to you? He does something with all of the girls he travels with. Especially after he left all those years ago. He's gotten a bad habit of adultery."

Emmalia found herself flooded with questions., but she noticed something - Camilla said "all those years ago," but he'd left his warlord father within the last three years at the longest - she knew that before that he'd stayed in that region. And if Callum was gone so much, why had he come here to work for Aman? And the way she asked what Callum had done to her - curiouser and curiouser. Still playing an innocent warrior-lady, Emmalia said, "I met him once on a job three years ago, saved his life, insulted him endlessly, then saw him again about a week ago, we were sent to kill a thing, we did, and now we've been assigned as bodyguards. That's all - I'm not quite the type to be easily caught by men, so no worries, ma'am." Was that perhaps untrue, if she had revealed her softer side to Callum after only a few days with him?

"Oh good, I was beginning to think you were another mistress." Camilla breathed a sigh of relief. "He had a tendency to hide them right under my nose. You're pretty enough for him to go after too." She looked through the various samples she had laid out. "Maybe if Callum didn't keep sleeping with the entire world then he''d see I'm enough for him. Now, I was thinking like you said, a grey color with a light, shiny metallic look, maybe a bit poofy with some room to hide weapons. What do you think?"

Emmalia then realized she had failed to answer Camilla's earlier question about color and style. "Yes, grey would work wonderfully, and a bit of poof would be a good idea. And loose sleeves, I can't have my arms being restrained at all, in case, gods forbid, anything happened." Em came to the conclusion that she'd just have to talk to Callum about this whole thing.... "Oh, and the ball is in a week. I'll probably stay in town, though, so you can reach me if you need any more sizings."

"Got it. Why not just no sleeves at all then? I'm sure that'll work. You won't be the center of attention since I'm sure you don't want to be, but you'll catch the eye of a few lords. Maybe it'll even be enough to find someone you'll love." Camilla smiled softly and stared her down one last time. Suddenly, her expression turned sour. "Just do me a favor and make sure Callum doesn't hit on any ladies there. He likes to pull this game where he pretends he's changed and became a man. He'll offer to be companions with someone and then ditch them after a good night. Don't be one of those normal girls. Once he gets you in bed, he'll try anything to get more." Then, Callum walked back into the shop with a rose. "I came back with what you requested. Emmalia, how's the dress shopping coming along? Got anything picked out yet?"

Just before Callum walked in, Emmalia's expression and tone changed from sweet and charming to her normal impassiveness that lent itself to an almost intimidating tone. "Ma'am, you don't have to worry about me, but I am not your husband's keeper - I have enough on my hands keeping the Lords safe without getting groped." It hadn't shown much before, but Emmalia more than disliked most nobles - she especially didn't trust noble males. Callum entered at the moment and her disposition changed again to sweet and charming. "Yeah, Everything's all planned out. I need to buy some proper hidden daggers, still, if you want to come along and see if there's anything for your own armor."

Callum nodded his head. "Sounds good to me, I'm glad she could get you properly outfitted. Thank you Camilla. I told you Em, my sis is the best dress maker in the entire area." He gave Camilla a quick kiss on her cheek. "Anything baby brother." Camilla said with a soft giggle. She waved off to Emmalia before Callum walked her out of the shop. "I'm sorry if Camilla said anything odd. She's always been kind of a troublemaker. She spends her free time telling a lot of gossip."

Emmalia stopped dead in her tracks, grinned, turned around and walked back in. She nodded slowly, then shook her head again as she looked at Camilla. She opened her mouth to speak, then shook her head again. "Fuck. I had you pegged for his sister, too! You managed to convince me you were some ex-lover, I'll give you that, but not quite his wife. Fuck...." Emmalia completely, honestly laughed, then said, "Ma'am, you must consider becoming an actress, in all my years, very few people have conned me. Be glad I found out the truth when I did, I was ready to throttle him for being a con-man, hell...." Her emotions had clouded her logic - she hadn't felt so betrayed in years.... Good thing it was a joke.

Callum raised an eyebrow as he looked over at Emmalia. He didn't quite hear what she had said to Camilla, but decided he could learn when she came back. Camilla, who only laughed, said, "I'm sorry if I seem like a bad person in your eyes now. But you have to understand that I don't get to wield big swords and go on adventures. This is the most fun I can have." She chuckled lightly. "I'll make sure your dress is perfect by the time you need it miss."

Emmalai laughed and shook her head again, but she was smiling. Finally, with a nod, she said, "I'm glad you're getting my gold, ma'am - I like you, you're funny. I'll see you when you call for me." She left and walked out to join Callum. To give him some kind of explanation, she said, "You're sister had me half-convinced you were her cheating, man-whore of a husband."

Callum laughed lightly, and then instantly put on a face of anger. "She really needs to stop saying that. One of these days someone will believe her and start spreading word that I'm some, as you put it, man whore. She's the only family member I keep in touch with, and the only person I trust enough not to tell my father where I am." He then flashed a smile quickly. "Well, Em, where is this blacksmith?"

The week went smoothly, and both of them got their supplies, Emmalia her weaponry and dress, Callum his polished armor and weaponry. Emmalia had to spend quite a bit of time doing up her hair so that her dagger-barrette was not only there, but accessible, and her hair was off of her neck in a very elegant style with pearl hairpins from her own supplies that she always had had. For jewelry she wore the same two necklaces she always wore, her hunter's pendant and the one that his her red eyes and fangs, as well as a brass cuff bracelet on her right wrist. Her weapons were a dagger on her left thigh, hidden, and her mini-crossbow on her right, also hidden in the flowing floof of her skirt. Aman gave them a carriage to ride to the banquet in, and like the other couples, they were announced, except with formal titles neither of them actually held. Anything to make them seem normal. Emmalia was quite the lovely lady in her dress too, nobody would suspect her of being a bodyguard. Like the others, she bowed to the Lords and their Ladies and exhibited only the most gracious of manners - quite shocking to someone who knew her, who might have thought she couldn't tell a salad fork from a soup spoon.

Callum was dressed head to toe in thick, full plate armor. He even had a helmet that covered his whole head to ensure no one would recognize him. After they were introduced to others at the party, Callum pulled Emmalia to the side. "If you see something happen, let me know right away. I don't want you fighting without me, okay?" There was a bit of strain in his voice. "I doubt anything will happen anyway. At least not until the sun sets in a few hours. I know I've said it enough already but... You look very nice, Em." He knew she couldn't see him smile through his helmet, but he tried anyway. Callum made sure to stay by her side, though, not letting her go more than a few meters without him by her side.

Emmalia looked up at Callum with a slight smile and put her hand on his arm. "Thank you. But we're here with a job, Callum. We should at least spread out, but keep an eye on each other. If I smell or see or hear anything, I can let you know, and we can do our job together." It was amusing to see him so concerned, she had to admit.

Callum couldn't help but continue to be concerned. He had gotten attached to her, and wasn't sure how many kings and lords were possible of getting assassinated. Either way, he wanted to ensure Emmalia would be safe. He looked down momentarily at her hand on his arm and reciprocated the motion by gently putting his hand on her shoulder, ever so slightly pulling her closer. He didn't say anything, and hoped that the silence was enough to convey his message. He needed her now, even if he'd never admit it. Perhaps she needed him too. Perhaps they'd have a moment later in the night where they could spend even a moment alone.

Emmalia looked up at Callum with soft eyes that seemed to reciprocate his emotions, then quietly said, "Go on, Cal. Keep me in sight, and I'll let you know if anything's amiss, okay? I have to go talk to Aman to let him know we're here. Don't worry about me - practically immortal, remember?" She gave him a soft, slightly sad smile, and took her hand off of his arm to walk toward Aman.

Callum chuckled lightly. Cal, no one had ever given him a nick name before, he liked it. Callum chuckled lightly and looked quietly, almost depressingly at Emmalia as she walked away from him. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her, but eventually, she disappeared from sight after heading into the crowd toward Aman. He sighed heavily and turned away as he looked for anything suspicious. Aman was speaking to a few other guests with a glass of wine in his hand. When he saw Emmalia approaching, he gasped lightly. "Is that the warrior I told to meet me here? It couldn't be, you actually resemble a noble woman." He chuckled and took a long drink of his wine before offering his hand, obviously wanting to dance with her.

"I can act like one too, if you could believe it." She took his hand, willing to dance with him - though if he misbehaved in any way, since he seemed perhaps a little drunk, she knew she didn't need the payment for this job.

Aman smiled as he began to dance elegantly with her after he handed off his cup to someone. He smiled softly as they danced around one another. "Are you sure you're not of noble birth? I didn't think a warrior could know such an elegant dance." He said, looking around. He seemed to be expecting something, but not something life threatening, as if he was trying to avoid someone.

Emmalia smiled charmingly and replied, "Ah, dear Aman, you did not pay for disclosure of such things! A good huntress never tells such things for free." She smirked slightly, her words playing off the "good lady" ideals. What he didn't know, of course, was that she could easily dance whatever the band decided to play - but as she'd once told Callum, it is best to never reveal all skills. He was looking around for something, though, so she asked, "Looking for old friends, m'Lord?"

"Ha! Old friends, that's something I wish I had. No, Lord Gallium has seen that no one has old friends." He chuckled lightly. "I fear my time has come as well. However, I don't expect you to protect me from Gallium, since you'd no doubt be hunted by every guard, king, count and lord in the east. I'm simply avoiding his confrontation is all." He flashed a smile. "A lord never lives too long under Gallium's rule."

Last edited:
Emmalia's eyes widened slightly. "Lord Gallium? Oh gods... what do you wish me to do, if I cannot protect you?" As they moved in their elegant dance, she caught a scent in the air, and whispered, "I can tell you this, m'Lord, if you don't want to die tonight, do not drink from the wine you passed to someone a moment ago - someone slipped a poison in it."

Aman frowned, "How do you know such a thing? Ah, never mind that. I want you to protect me from an assassination attempt Emmalia, I don't want you to get yourself killed by trying to stop Gallium. It's politics, and you know how messy that gets." He seemed to be rather relaxed about the subject. "Listen, I need you to know something, in case I do get sent away tonight. If you do not see me again, let my children know they're loved." He seemed rather heartbroken when he said this, as if he wasn't much of a father to his kids.

For some reason, his last words broke her heart. Emmalia looked like they were having a simple conversation, to keep others from becoming suspicious, but she felt the sting. She said, "I can promise you that, m'Lord." The song ended, and Emmalia said, "But do not make me do that, I beg of you. Do not eat or drink of anything tonight. Either Callum or I will always have our eyes on you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back