• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Emmalia blushed and muttered, "I didn't think the fever would make me so tired." Without further comment, she crawled under the blanket and next to him. There was some space between them, so she hesitated and said, "May I sleep closer to you...? Like last night?"

"You don't need to ask." He said,smiling softly in the dark. Her innocent side was peaking again, and he admired every second of it. "Tonight I don't have to sleep against a tree though." He commented and put his hand on her waist to simulate the same position they were in the previous night, except she was to his side and not on him.

Emmalia smiled shyly and cuddled in close to Callum, hiding herself against him before tucking her head in against his chest. If he didn't mind.... then she wouldn't argue.

Callum held his arm around her waist and pulled her close against him, taking in the moment. It was at this moment that he finally understood what he had felt for the past few days - Callum wasn't ready to admit it, and may never admit it, but he was taking a liking to Emmalia. He embraced her tightly, keeping her as close as he could. Callum smiled against her, "I'm not bothering you am I?"

Emmalia didn't want to admit it, but she was very comfortable against Callum. She even felt like she could fall asleep. Second night in a row? It was becoming a bad habit. She mumbled, "Mhm..." and nuzzled more against his chest.

Callum was starting to get used to this. She was warm and comfortable to be with, and above all, she seemed to get into this... mood when she was tired, she got this way that showed her more vulnerable side. It's amazing how she changes so drastically when she doesn't need to be a warrior. He had only seen her at her most brave moments, but now he had seen her twice at her lowest. It made him feel a bit special, since he doubted many people had seen this side of her.

For Emmalia, moments like these were a nice little break from wearing her mask of indifference. She was forced to wear it, and she had grown into the habit of it. It was seen as a necessity to her. But it felt nice to let go. Deep down she was an absolute sweetheart, but she would not, could not, show it.

Emmalia fell asleep cuddled against Callum. As the night progressed, though, she would fidget and mumble against Callum in response to her nightmares.

Last edited:
Callum held her close the entire night until he, too, fell asleep. He had spent the entire night having pleasant dreams, and it was after this that he finally realized what caused him to sleep so well. It was something he needed now, something he couldn't live without - it was Emmalia. He had found the right words. Callum now felt that he needed to be inseparable from her, she was officially his damsel, and even though she wasn't in distress, his mind concluded that he would be her knight.

Callum woke an hour or two before the sun rose, feeling Emmalia fidgeting against him. He raised an eyebrow to this, and after a moment decided she looked uncomfortable, then believed something was wrong. He slowly shook her and asked quietly, "Em, Em wake up. Are you okay?" He spoke softly, in a much more quiet tone than he normally talked in.

Emmalia jolted awake at the sound if his soft voice, which was such a contrast from her nightmare. She stared at him for a few seconds, tense and ready to run, then slowly realization dawned on her and she relaxed. As she did, though, she began shaking, and this time it wasn't from a fever. He'd seen her weak already - there was no going back. She tucked her head in against his chest so he couldn't see her face, and began to cry.

"Emmalia, what's wrong?" He asked holding her close. He had never seen her cry before, and it was a surprise for him. But, Callum couldn't help but smile as he held onto her. She officially decided to let him in. She finally trusted him enough to cry in front of him, and he felt truly honored. He went back to his normal grim expression as he held her, feeling her sob into his chest.

Em clung to Callum and cried as she tried to get a grasp on her nightmare. It wasn't a nightmare, though, it had been warped memories, terrible, awful memories of things she wanted to pretend had never happened. Still, she did not feel close enough to Callum to burden him with such things, or to reveal such darkness. At that moment, she couldn't even really collect herself and try to calm down, she was so scared and upset. "H-hide me, p-please," she sobbed against his chest. As is typical with fever dreams there was a struggle to distinguish truth from reality.

"It's okay Em, I'll make sure nothing gets you." He knew she had been having a bad dream by now, but he needed to make sure Emmalia felt safe. He wrapped his arms right around her and didn't let go, keeping her close. "I'll never leave your side Em. I promise you."

The sense of security that Callum provided allowed Emmalia to calm down in the span of a few minutes, though the tears continued flowing after she had stopped sobbing. She pulled away and looked at him, then very quietly said, "I'm sorry.... I didn't..." She didn't what? It hadn't been her fault anyway. "Thank you for helping me..."

"Don't worry about it." He smiled down at her, and very gently wiped away one of her tears as it fell down her cheek. "Emmalia..." He began, not sure how to continue his sentence. Callum was never good at wording things, and now proved to be just as difficult as all the other times. "I think you deserve a partner."

Emmalia looked at him in silence for a few seconds, then shook her head and softly said, "Callum, no.... There are people out there who have put bounties on my head, I'm not safe to be around - Hell, I'm a vampiress. I'll outlive anyone I work with, people are just going to get hurt with me, it's not... it would be amoral of me to allow that." Over the years, she had managed to thoroughly convince herself of that.

"I could help protect you from them Emmalia. I don't think I can leave you and just hope you'll be okay. I've made it my own personal vendetta with the world. I need to make sure you're safe." His voice got much quieter now, almost inaudible, trying his best to not sound like an idiot. Everything he said was true, though. He would rather be in her side. He needed to be on her side. In his eyes, they already formed a simbiotic relationship - he needed her, she needed him. Well, she needed him less than Callum needed her, but still. The connection was there and Callum couldn't let it be.

His own personal vendetta? It sounded like - oh, dear. Emmalia looked at Callum with visible pity. "No, Callum... you can't love me, I'm - I'm undead, I died, I'm going to outlast you and it's not fair to you. You deserve to live your life, not waste it tending to some undead bitch like me."

There she went, poo utting his thoughts into words. How could he not sum it up that simply? Callum almost felt like an idiot if it weren't so early in the morning. "Em, please, I need to be sure. I couldn't bear to live with the thought that you could be killed or worse if we depart. Even if you don't feel the same way. I understand, but... I just can't leave it be." He I ulled her close to him again, closing his eyes tight. He didn't want the morning to come.

Emmalia didn't even mind his calling her Em. She closed her eyes and hugged him tightly, pressing her head into his chest. He had been nothing but kind to her since they had met again. Perhaps she ought to let him travel with her longer...? Yes, then he'd realize what a terrible being she was, and he would give up on his own! That was a plan. And if he didn't, well, that could be sorted out eventually. The trick would be stopping any further development of her feelings for him. She continued hugging him, and softly said, "Okay... you can travel with me."

Callum didn't reply after that, only smiling as he held her close. He wasn't sure what else he could say, since he had a million thoughts going through his head. Callum decided that trying to say all of them would only drag on a conversation that was done with. They didn't need to say anything else, the only thing that needed to be done was wait for the morning to come. Callum couldn't fall asleep again unfortunately, but staying up with Emmalia was just fine with him.

Emmalia managed to fall asleep again for a short while, but as always, the sunlight coming through the windows irritated her. She didn't want it to be morning yet. She didn't want to have to put on her mask again, or have to get up and pretend that she hadn't broken down last night; she was comfortable there with Callum, and had no desire to move away from the embrace or the security of being cuddled up to him.

Callum never moved an inch once he realized Emmalia had fallen asleep. He had enjoyed the silence with her the entire morning, but when she woke up, he hoped she wouldn't put on her mask instantly. He liked seeing Emmalia being something other than a warrior. It made her seem more down to earth in his eyes, more easy to understand. He never wanted this moment to end.

When Emmalia finally couldn't pretend to be asleep for another moment, she pulled away from Callum and moved to the side of the bed. "Thanks again for last night," she said, already pulling her mask on again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back