• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

"Thank you, Miss Emmalia. It warms my heart that someone can stand up for me." He gave a soft, depressed smiled before pulling away. "I must tend to some matters with my peers, the dance was wonderful, you'll make a man very proud some day." He bowed to her before walking off into the crowd, leaving Emmalia alone in the center of the festivities as he went to talk banter with various lords and counts, while Callum remained with his eyes on Emmalia.

Emmalia gave him a sad smile, and couldn't even thank him before he left. A man approached from behind, and said with a thick Northern accent, "Excuse me, miss Emmalia, may I have a dance?" She stiffened and turned on her heel, her hand reaching into her pocket for her dagger. Seeing the man, she froze, evidently recognizing him. Callum would see fear on her face. The man was tall and very well-built, wearing a set of etched Northern armor, with a sword on his hip. He was pale, and had long red hair - a true Northernman.

Callum had spotted the man a few minutes ago, but didn't know he'd advance on Emmalia. He let out a soft gasp, and was about to go after them with his hand on his hilt before a nobleman stopped and asked his opinion on a matter of protection. After hastily replying what kind of armor he should get for his guard, Callum began to pan through the crowd to make his way towards her, and sped up after the look on her face made it seem like she was in danger.

A moment later, the look of fear was gone and replaced with pure joy. "Mathias, for the gods' sakes, don't scare me like that!" He laughed and pulled her into a hug, picking her up and spinning her about before setting her down again. "How could I resist, little sister? It has been very long! Inis dom conas a bhí tú ?" He began speaking fluent Northern, to which Emmalia replied, "Chomh maith le d'fhéadfadh a bheith ag súil, deartháir." Emmalia looked up and spotted Callum, then waved him over, saying, "Cal, this is Mathias." Mathias smiled and put his hand on his chest in a Northern sign of respect. "Good to meet you. It is good to see that little sister has friends."

If it weren't for Callum's helmet, they'd see he had a look of pure hatred on his face, the look of someone about to kill to keep Emmalia safe. He approached rather quickly with his hand on his hilt, halfway drawn before abruptly stopping.He sheathed the sword before they noticed and calmed himself mentally. "Hello Mathias. It is nice to meet you." He reciprocated the gesture, his voice dark and gravelly. Not threateningly to anyone who didn't know him, but it was easy to tell he was disheveled to someone who understood his voice change.

Emmalia cocked her head to the side and said, "Callum, he's my friend, not a risk." She looked at Mathias and said, "Why are you here, Mathias?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "After everything that happened, I returned North, and sure enough was hired by a Lord as a guard, and here we are." Mathias looked down to Em and quietly asked, "Cén chaoi a bhfuil tú ó tharla an eachtra ?" Emmalia looked up at Mathias and replied, "Téann an saol ar." Em said dourly, then looked to Callum and smiled. "But it's rude not to speak Common amongst friends."

"No no, it's fine." Callum said with a frown. He didn't know if he told Emmalia if he could speak many languages yet, but he decided to keep it hidden for now. He grimaced under his helmet, still a bit on edge. He hadn't realized how overprotective he was of Emmalia until now, but his fiery jealousy proved that he could take very drastic measures. Mathias was tall and broad, but Callum wouldn't think twice about pulling his sword on him. He was trying to appear more broad as well, hoping his armor would help improve his look. "Are you alright Emmalia?"

Emmalia smiled graciously and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine, thank you. Oh, but Callum, I should tell you: Lord Gallium is going to be here tonight." Her tone clearly said that he best not react. Mathias grimaced. "Aye, I've heard naught but horror stories of him. My own Lord told me to be wary for him - if he decides to even show." Em looked to Callum, hoping eye contact would keep his anger from flaring.

Callum wasn't sure if she could see his eyes through the helmet, but he kept his eyes locked on her.It calmed him to stare into her caring eyes, and before he knew it, his hand was off of his hilt and his expression was more sincere now. "That's good to hear. Father...." He stopped himself. "Lord Gallium shouldn't recognize me in this armor. If he shows, I'm sure there will be many quarrels with the Lords under his rein. I just hope he doesn't get too drastic as I've seen him."

Emmalia shrugged. "That's why we're all here, isn't it? Keeping our Lords safe. Though Aman... doesn't want us directly interfering if Gallium is involved." Mathias shook his head and said, "Enough of this dark speaking, we are at a lovely banquet - it should be enjoyed, not wasted in worry for what may or may not happen. We guard our Lords and have fun, simple as that." Emmalia smiled and rolled her eyes. Maybe Mathias was right. But then he added, "Emmalia, ba chóir dúinn labhairt ina dhiaidh sin. Tá a fhios agat go bhfuil an méid a tharla, ní raibh sé do locht." Emmalia looked up at him and smiled a bit, then said, "Big Brother, is féidir leat a chreideann cad a bheidh agat, ach ní féidir leat a chur ina luí dom an." She looked at Callum and Mathias, then said with a slight shift to a quieter, more reserved voice, "I'm going to go check on Aman," before walking away into the crowd.

Callum stood awkwardly for a moment as he watched Emmalia walk away. He looked back at Mathias after she left, though, and said, "So, big brother eh?" He began, still in a threatened mood. Once insulted in any way, even if he made up the insult, it was hard to bring him out of his conviction. He grimaced under his helmet, and his hands balled into a fist naturally again. He was no longer with Emmalia, and that meant she wasn't there to calm him down. He tried his best to remain calm, though. Callum constantly had to remind himself that they were brother and sister.

"Ah, indeed! I trained her in Northern swordplay nigh on three years! I was part of her acting troupe, you see, I was their bladesmaster next to Nemor, a Southernman who preferred daggers. But perhaps you misunderstand, Emmy and I, we are siblings in arms, the Northern way, not by blood." He chuckled, then said, "But, my friend, I am older than I appear - too old for little sister, and I am also happily married to my own Ygrette. My maiden is in the inn - we could not gain invitation for her to attend this evening."

Before Mathias finished, he balled his fist tighter and got ready to punch him. But, as he continued to talk, Callum felt his fist dissipate into a lose hand. That's when, before he could stop himself, he asked, "Are you one of them too?" He sounded a bit mean in the way he said it, but obviously didn't mean it that way. It sounded ignorant, like a man talking about something he knew nothing about. Either way, he quickly said, "So you aren't inclined to be with her, that is swell news."

Mathias, having been a traveled man of some years older than Callum, could easily tell jealousy when he saw it. "I am not inclined to even consider being with her, friend, she is little sister to me. Evidently you are, though. I think this would be good for her, you are kind to her from what I have seen. And who is them you think me part of...?" Northernmen were notoriously blunt with their words, but that was typically because they could deal with what ever came of it.

Callum raised an eyebrow. He was glad to have his consent, but he didn't quite think he needed it from Mathias. Either way, he was grateful and nodded. "Nothing, nothing. Perhaps you can tell me more about you two? I've been eager to learn more of my companion for some time now." He wasn't sure if he came off rather brusque, but considering he talked just as bluntly, he figured it was alright for the most part.

Mathias raised an eyebrow. "About us? Ach, Emmalia joined the acting troupe, young, wandering on her own, we took her in, she showed an aptitude for swordplay, I trained her in the Northern style, and here we are today! Six years ago, that was when I last saw her.... Right after the troupe disbanded. Tragic, all of it. I tried to keep an eye on her, but to no avail, she disappeared. She has a knack for that, remember it, boy." He shook his head. "But you say you've been wanting to learn for some time, this means she has not told you - any more detail would be betraying her, I'm afraid."

"I suppose so, but a man of such vigor is bound to have useful information on my Emma-" He stopped himself. "...On Emmalia. Either way, I appreciate your help, albeit slight." He nodded his head hiding a smile under his helmet. "She has yet to tell me - do you know of her background at all? Simply if she's of noble birth, or more humble beginnings? If that is too much to answer, than I shift my question to ask - any advice? Anything at all?"

Mathias grinned. He had heard Callum's little slip-up. "She is touchy on the subject of her parents. I can tell you only that she hates them ardently - more than once she has said they deserved death. I do not know who they are. The troupe - that is the only family she would acknowledge. As for advice...." He thought for a second, then said, "She loves cats. She loves playing her violin, especially reels - she likes dancing to reels too. No matter what she does or says, she is a sweetheart who will protect children at the risk of her life. It made me terribly sad to see her grow so dark and alone those years ago - and I don't think she is much better now. Her acting skills were always formidable."

Callum nodded. "I appreciate your help Mathias, know you will have a friend in me." He gave a bow, before looking around. "Forgive me, but i've been away from my post too long. I shall see you some other time, then?" He gave a smile even though he knew Mathias couldn't see it. He bowed one last time before walking off into the crowd. He looked for Aman, hoping he hadn't done anything too badly yet, but he was more focused on finding Emmalia. He already felt as though he had been without her too long.

Emmalia had spent the time in the group of people around Aman, pretending to be interested. To say she was bored was an understatement. All of her senses were on high alert, but nothing had happened at all so far.

Callum had smoothly managed to find her, and put a hand gently onto her shoulder. He kept her facing away from him and simply said, "Don't leave me again." His voice was much lighter than before, happy to see her. Callum leaned in and whispered, "Listen, I need you to meet me somewhere, soon. Out on the terrace, five minutes. Before you abject, I'm sure Aman can be fine on his own for a bit." Before she could answer, he backed up into the crowd and disappeared, making his way to the terrace.

Emmalia slowly smiled as he walked away. Well, someone was a bit playful. Unless this was about his father, which was just as likely.... He deserved to have someone to talk to. At the end of the five minutes, she whispered to Aman and told him to remember not to eat anything, and that her friend would be his guard for a few moments. She then managed to catch Mathias and asked him to watch Aman for her, and he agreed. Finally, she made it to the terrace to find Callum waiting for her. "Fancy seeing you here. So, why did you want me to meet you here?"

Outside, dusk was just beginning as the sun dipped below the horizon, washing the sky in a hue of orange and yellow that melted into the dark blue of the night. Callum was looking out at the sunset, before turning to face her. Slowly, Callum walked up to her with a soft smile. "Why would anyone want to meet here?" He asked with a smile as he listened to the music in the hall change to a more softer tone. He held her hand, and put his other on her waist, bringing her close. "To dance with a maiden, of course."

Emmalia smiled softly and cocked her head to the side slightly. The night was calming to her - she felt no more agitation from the sun, and she found herself feeling less obligated to keep up her masks. "Why, Cal, I'd say you're getting almost flirtatious." With a grin, she added, "I don't think I overtly mind." As the dance began, Emmalia found herself thoroughly enjoying the experience, the movement, the music, all of it. "Cal, you're a very good dancer, I must say."

"Well, you pick up a thing or two when you're forced to attend balls and have nothing better to do." He twirled her around for a moment and brought her into an even closer embrace then before, his lips inches from hers. He wasn't sure what to say, and to be honest, he wasn't sure at all what to do, but he knew he must've been doing something right. "You know, even us guards need a few moments for ourselves. I simply couldn't help myself, seeing you all dressed up with no one to dance with."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back