• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum sighed heavily as he sat up, and began to throw on his armor. There it was again, the metephorical mask that changed her attitude. Callum didn't mind at this point, since he knew what she had been through and the things that caused her to be so hardened, but now that they were officially a party of two, he was sure more moments were bound to come. "Are you good enough to go back to Aman's castle?"

Emmalia nodded. "My fever broke again, I'm fine." She pulled on her leather bodice and her weapons belt. Thankfully the bodice had been cleaned of the black blood and needed only a minor repair for the hole the arrow had made. As they walked out into the commons room, a grey cat walked in front of them. Emmalia grinned and knelt to pet it, and it responded happily, purring and pressing it's head into her hand. Cats loved Emmalia, and Emmalia loved cats - that was just how it was.

Callum raised an eyebrow and watched the interaction with a smile. "Never knew you were so affectionate." He joked as he stood by her. "Especially to felines." It seemed that almost all animals in the world hated Callum with a passion, he could never seem to get away from one without a bite or a scratch.

"Well why not? They're just sweet little hunters. You give them affection, they return it, you hurt them, and they return it. They can survive with or without humans. And of course, they just want to be loved after a good day's hunt. Right little one?" Emmalia was more like a feline than she would ever admit. As for the affection comment, so whaymt, he already knew she could be affectionate. She pulled the cat into her arms and stood. It rubbed it's head against her chest and continued purring. She turned to Callum. "See? Just a little sweetheart, this one. Go on, pet it's head, it won't bite."

Callum frowned a bit unsure of the situation. Slowly, he lifted a hand up and slowly pet it's head. He didn't want to push his limit, so he pulled his hand away after a few seconds. "There, I pet the cat. He was giving me that look though. I'm telling you, he was going to bite me." He seemed to glare at the cat for a moment. "What, are you going to keep it or something?"

Emmalia rolled her eyes. "You're ridiculous, he gave you no look. And if he had bitten you is because you reek of fear for animals." She set the cat down and gave it one last pet, then looked to Callum.

"Either way, I'm not good with animals. Now come on, let's get going. I don't want to he caught up in another storm." He said as they exited the building, looking up at the sky with grey clouds still lingering from the night before. Callum lead the way as they headed back to Aman's castle, instinctively keeping close to Emmalia. He had been feeling more and more protective over Emmalia ad their journey went on, and wasn't sure if he was beginning to impede on her personal space. Either way, he kept his hand on his hilt the whole way back.

While Emmalia noticed Callum keeping close, she neither minded, nor said anything. If he wanted to be protective, she wouldn't stop him, though she thought it a little silly since she was practically immortal. They arrived at Aman's around noon. Emmalia wasn't sure what they would do after that - since she had agreed to let Callum travel with her.

Aman had greeted them warmly, albeit concerned since they took two days longer than he had expected. He had given them each their share of gold, with Callum only taking a portion of his. After this, Aman stopped them before going out. "Oh, and, Emmalia." He began. "I need a favor from you. There is a ceremony at the kingdoms palace to the east. The warlord of the region is holding a banquet, and I need a bodyguard."

Emmalia had been planning on insisting that Callum take all of the money, since he'd paid for her healing, but she had realized by now that he could be stubborn, so it wasn't worth bothering. The request from Aman was curious, though. Sure, she'd played a bodyguard before, but why her and not Callum? Had to have been either because she was a dark huntress, which was more intimidating, or because she was a woman, and would be less suspicious if she'd actually put on a dress. But most of the Lords would likely have bodyguards, so it was likely the first.... "And you wish for me to be your bodyguard because I can be discreet...? Or because I'm a dark huntress?"

"Both, respectfully." He said with a wave of his hand. "I need someone who can stop an arrow in midair. I need someone who can kill a man before he even thinks of assassinating me. You'll not just be a bodyguard for me, you'll be a collective bodyguard for many of the Counts and Lords. Maybe even our Warlord if you're lucky. He's asked us to submit any trustworthy men or women to help." Aman looked over at Callum for a moment. "And you, boy, I'll need you to be present as well. Except I'm expecting you in full plate armor."

Emmalia let out a quiet sigh. "So, you want me in a dress? Because I won't be able to fight nearly as well if I'm not in my armor. And, I can't quite stop an arrow in the air, but I could push down however it's aiming for." She admitted this, since she didn't want to misrepresent herself. She looked over at Callum with an expression of, "Well, it's something."

Callum nodded his head slowly, deciding that any work could be useful. "I think we'll take you up on that offer." Callum said softly with his hand on his hilt. "Excellent." Lord Aman said, his voice echoing through the open hall. "It will be held at the Concert Hall in Avalia, one week from now. I'll have a contact meet you in the square at midday. Please, don't be late." He said and waved his hand to signal he was done talking. "And Emmalia, Callum, make sure you look nice for the occasion." At that, Callum bowed respectfully and turned to leave the throne room. He stopped outside in the courtyard. He turned his head to Emmalia and smiled at her.

Emmalia sighed as she looked up at Callum and grinned. "It's been ages since I've had a discretion job. This'll be... fun. Hopefully." She rolled her eyes a bit and shook her head. Damn, she'd have to wear a dress. Not that she overtly minded dresses themselves, but if there was a fight, it'd be... interesting. "I have a grey dress, but it's not formal enough for something like this. Good thing he paid for the last job well."

Callum nodded. "I'm sure I can get some flashy armor from somewhere, shouldn't be too hard. I just hope it'll still protect me as well." He flashed another smile. He tried imagining Emmalia in a dress, cutting throats and throwing people around and looking fabulous in the process. "You are going to look so different." Was all he said with a chuckle before walking on through the castle. He enjoyed the safety the walls seemed to give, but he never liked living in them. Callum's mind shifted to the palace, wondering if anyone he knew would be there. His father had introduced him to countless lords over time, but luckily, he'd be wearing a full helmet to cover his face.

Emmalia shrugged, and said, "Polish up your current armor and you'll be fine, I'm sure. We're there to protect people, not attract dates, they shouldn't mind overtly." She walked with Callum slowly. Would now be the time to address the unspoken thing between them? No, not when she wasn't even sure what she felt. To his comment about her looking different, she said, "Yeah, I haven't had to go to something so formal in years on years. I've done minor jobs like this, but nothing so... formal. I'll have to get out all of my hidden knives, probably should buy a few more, too, maybe a barrette dagger...." With a laugh, she said, "It's so hard being a female huntress, sometimes." Similarly to Callum, Emmalia was also wondering if she would see people who knew her. Likely not, since the event was so close to central Trulane, it was unlikely anyone from the West would arrive. If they did... that could be sorted out then. No sooner.

Callum nodded his head as they soon exited the walls of the castle and into the village that surrounded it. "Sometimes it's hard being a runaway from a famous, ruthless conqueror. If he shows up, and he figures me out, there's no doubt something will go down. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he's told every lord and count about me. I'll make sure to stay close, though. Wouldn't want a damsel to get into distress without a knight." He joked, knowing well that she could easily best him. It was almost a running joke between them by now, and he enjoyed it. It gave them something to bind them to one another, like Leo and his crew.

Emmalia grinned and rolled her eyes. "Sure thing. But I better find a seamstress and a decent blacksmith, put in my orders early. Luckily, it looks like it's market day." The village was lively with merchants selling their wares to plentiful customers. Emmalia wanted to avoid his comment about his father, though - she had similar problems with running the risk of being recognized. But she figured she was safe enough with this job, and that it would be better to not think about it.

Callum walked close beside her, taking a look at the different wares being sold and the various people walking about. He always enjoyed seeing such commotion, it meant that prosperity was at a high and things were going well in the economy. He looked down at Emmalia by his side, and couldn't hide his smile as the sun shined on her through the parting grey clouds. "Hey, Em?" He asked, unsure how to say what he meant. "...I think I know a good seamstress I can recommend." Not what he meant to say, but he took too long to say what he wanted. "She lives not too far from here, and I'm sure she can make the best dress you've ever seen."

Emmali looked up at Callum. She wouldn't bother asking how he knew the seamstress, they were both travelers, so anything was possible. She had been looking at a silversmith's wares, particularly at a barrette with a hidden silver blade in it. It was ornate, with a silver base and bronze designs, it looked like a proper, formal lady's barrette. She dropped some gold on the merchant's counter, then looked up at Callum. "Sure, let's see what she can't do."

Callum nodded with a forced smile as he lead her onward through the market. Eventually be stopped outside an ornate market building, with various dresses in the windows being shown off. The dress designs were obviously well crafted, with some form of flare or dazzling piece along each of them. He opened the door slowly, and said, "Camilla, you here?" After a few moments of silence, then a short gasp, a woman came out from a backroom and tackled Callum in a tight hug. "You idiot! How could you?! What are you doing here?" Callum, pulling Camilla off of him, said, "Camilla, this is Emmalia, my... She needs a dress, a good one."

Emmalia put on a charming smile and acted as a normal, polite lady ought to. The girl was a mystery, she hugged Callum, yet called him an idiot, and evidently he'd done something bad, for her to ask, "How could you". Siblings...? Perhaps. An old lover? Maybe, but seemed a bit unlikely. Emmalia said in a soft, happy voice that was enough to charm anyone, "Hello Camilla! I really hope you can help me, I'm afraid the dress will have to have some specifications a bit out of the norm. Callum told me what a great seamstress you are, though!"

Camilla glared at Callum for a moment before turning back to Emmalia with a great grin. "Of course I can help you. Sometimes Callum talks a bit too greatly of my work, but I'm sure I can put together something you'll find worthy." She said and motioned her to step over to a small stand where a messy station of threads, measures and mirrors stood. "Callum, leave us be for now. Go get some roses or something." Camilla waved her hand to dismiss him. Callum was about to abject, but decided she was right. "I'll be back soon." He waved at Emmalia before leaving the shop.

Emmalia took off her armor so she was just in her shirt and pants, and got onto the stand. She watched him leave, then asked, "So, Camilla, what's your relationship to Callum, if I may ask? He forgot to say." If he was going to be gone, Emmalia wouldn't be so stupid as to ignore the advantages of his absence.

"Oh, he's my husband." She said with a wave of her hand. "Arms up." She said as she wrapped the tape measure around her, and began to take various measurements of her figure. "He knows I hate it when he takes home girls trying to help them. I don't trust him one bit though. So, what were you thinking of for specifications? What's the occasion for? Meeting on a date? Perhaps a wedding for yourself?" Camilla turned her around and continued her measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back