• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Gauge interest - Yugioh RP

Taevith

Machine / Ritual / Tuner / Effect
DDD.png

paradisecity.png

Welcome, to Paradise City! A bustling city full of magic and wonder. This tightly packed city has
everything you could ever need from sprawling shopping centers, towering business sky
scrapers, and prestigious duel schools! But if entertainment is your draw, you should spend a
day at the world famous Paradise Duel Arena! Duel entertainers and duelist looking to be the
best meet on these hollow ground to match their whits and skill in a massive arena designed to
be the perfect location for the heart pounding thrill that is Action Duels! Watch from the stands
as duelists, jump over barricades, ride on summoned monsters and collect action cards from all
around the arena!

However, if adventure is more your draw, then look no further then Paradise Cities very own
Dimension Gates Hub in very heart of the city. The broad base of the building spires up into a
tower adorned with a glowing red heart, inspired by the iconic heartland city tower. Inside these
humble walls hold advanced technology connecting four completely separate world together, all
brought to you by Leo Corporation technologies! It's as simple as going in, buying a ticket, and
walking through a doorway to be on your way to adventure!

Visit the beautiful duel island, housing the renowned Duel Academy!

duelacadamy.png

Or, make your way to New Domino city and experience the edge of your seat kind of action that
duel runners provide! Get your license today!

Newdomino.png

Lastly, but certainly not least, is the bright and active Heartland City! Filled to the brim with fun
and pleasure, top it all off with a day in "Heartland" the massive carnival and theme park!

HeartlandCity.png

So, from all of us here in Paradise City and beyond, we welcome you to our little piece of
Paradise
™️
!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue: Blinding Brilliance

Paradise city

>Back Alley<

*Shaded by a strong light coming from the street behind them, a man walks slowly through a
dark alley way, past rows of trash cans, leading to a dumpster. The man knocks on the
dumpster as he walks by and after a moment a dirty, wild eye elder man slowly peeks out front
the top and watches the man continue into the darkness*

>Storage Unit<
*With a single light illuminating the room, three guys sit around a small storage unit. The tallest
of the three is lounging on an old broken couch scrolling through his phone. The shortest of the
three, with his red spiky hair covering his eyes, sits cross legged on the ground surrounded by
cards all on the ground. Finally, the last of the three, the largest by metric of muscles, is digging
through the almost wall of toys, cooking wear, furniture, and more that's been all haphazardly
pushed to the back of the unit leaving a mostly open area for them to hang out in.
The shudder door begins to rattle and without much further warning, the shudder flys upward
then drops again with the man from before slipping his way in. He checks his slicked back hair
then looks around the room at the three men, now staring at him. He smirks and slips his hand
in his short leather jack and pulls out a large stash of cash banded together*

<Slick hair> looky who actually paid! *He tosses the money to the tallest on the couch who
catches it without much fanfare and begins to count*

<Shortest> What crummy cards to spend 200$ to get back. Keke. How deprestate can you be?

<Slick hair> who said he spent 200$?

<Tallest> *the tallest finishes counting* 498, 499… 500$. Now that's what I'm talking about! *He
smiles wide at the moment with a tooth grin*

<Muscle> aw, I coulda got more dem. *He says looking a bit grumpy.*

*The 4 guys continue to chatter about the money and what he had to do, but without notice the
single light bulb dangling from above starts flickering.

Click, click, click… *out goes the lights, flooding the room in pure darkness*

<Muscles> hey wud happened?!

<Shortest> who turned out the lights, keke?

*A small ball of light gently floats into the middle of the room. The light isn't strong enough to
illuminate the room, only things nearby it*

<Slick hair> what the hell is this?! *He reaches out and grabs the light, snuffing it out. A moment
later the room is filled with blinding light coming through the fingers of his fist and outlines the 4
people in the room*

>Back Alley<

*The man inside the dumpsters slowly climbs his way out. One of his feet slips causing him to
lose his balance and fall backwards on his butt. He slowly stands up rubbing his back when
suddenly he's interrupted with screams coming from the far end of the alley way, the same the
direction the man from before was head, and the once dark alley becomes bight as day.
Horrified, the man rushes to get out of the alley, slipping and falling forward, catching himself
with his hands and scrambling back to his feet, knocking over a trash can. He runs out of the
alley way yelling and screaming*

Edit: Original post has been religated to the spoiler below
Hello! I was curious to see if anyone would be interested in a yugioh rp. I was thinking it would be based on Arc-V solid vision dueling and we could use like master duel or dueling nexus for one on one duels.

I was thinking it would be only OCs but still keep the dimension hopping. I would say Links are available unless you came from one of the 3 special dimensions then you would only be able to use an archetype centered around that summoning types link if they have one.

Example: if you were from the fusion dimension and you played predaplant, then most of your deck needs to be fusion summoning, but you CAN use any link preda monster. (Like verte anaconda)

Also we would play in master rule 5 (current master rule). The Ban list would be mostly current, though probably adding some modern archetypes that are too strong for this idea. I'd want to keep it archetype based, similar to the anime.

Example: if you're running a Gagaga deck, you'd run mostly onomatopoeia main deck monsters, so gogogo, dododo, zubaba, and Gagaga. Then include a healthy amount of their extra deck monsters.

Not all duels have to be done on a simulator, most just pvp or player vs boss. (So you'd be dueling me using that deck). Story wise, the action duels would be used similar to the show, using monsters to create blockades, get around obstacles, etc.

I would want this to be a group, but it doesn't have too be super large. I was thinking maybe 3 players, but could be more or less. Could even be a 1 on 1.

If this sounds interesting, let me know and I'll start working on more specifics like the world and story.

Last edited:
I could possibly be interested, but I've never watched anything past Zexal and I'm an oldschool player myself.

I could possibly be interested, but I've never watched anything past Zexal and I'm an oldschool player myself.
Not to worry, it'll only be based on Arc-V s world. The plot and such you won't have to worry about. And all duelists are welcome!

To clear it up a bit for you, in Arc-V there was 4 dimensions, the base dimension where all summoning types existed, the fusion dimension based on GX, the synchro dimension based on 5ds, and the xyz dimension based on zexal.

Anyone from the base dimension could potentially use any of the summoning types, but the duelists from each specific dimension exclusively used that summoning type.

Example: The villains came from the fusion dimension (GX) and used ancient gear as their go to archetype and only used fusion ancient gear monsters in their extra deck.

Bumping

But also, wanted to kinda clear up, I wanna do it like an archetype style, like the animes post og yugioh.

Example: I have a prediction princess deck, so I have alot of prediction princess cards and then some others that help the prediction princess style.

I would like the game to be more casual in those means so would want to restrict the amount of hand traps or staple cards allowed in the deck.

As well, I feel like banning decks like tear elements, branded, despia, and such will help, but I'm willing to take peoples advice on this. Just want to try and keep the game more casual in dueling over meta.

You can count me in, been waiting for something like this.

If I may be so bold, I'd like to suggest the possibility of also using fanmade automated programs like YGOPro/Percy or Omega. I'm profoundly lazy and enjoy having a computer automate the more complex parts of the game, and Master Duel has the drawback of needing to own the cards before we can use them.

So for the most part it wouldn't be real duels, but more like roleplay using monsters and such to overcome obstacles, but when it's a genuine duel I would prefer it to be a real duel between two people, but would be ok to discuss logistics of using an automated dueling system for certain situations.

Apologies for taking so long to respond, but I went on head and edited the first post here to add introduction and plot. As well, here is a character sheet to fill out.

Character sheet layout:
Name:
Sexuality:
Pronouns: (Optional)
Personality:
Description/Drawing:
Duel disk type:
Archetype: (this can be changed late if needed, just in-between duels)
Chant: (used during summoning your boss monster; optional)
Sleeves: (optional)
Dimension: Fusion / synchro / Xyz / main universe (pendulum/ Paradise City)
(Add anything that make sense to you)
Rp style: Script / Novel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back