• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Gang-Related RP with a semi-GM and Posting Order?

Gospeller

Tempered Preacher

Los Angeles

Theme: Gangs

General Plot: A new bunch of recruits for the newly started up gang Matt Black are issued different crime related tasks and at times, left to do their own thing. The main focus will be around criminal activities in the form of 'Missions' that the head of Matt Black passes down to this new bunch of recruits - which will be yourselves truly. Starting at low scale stealing, home invasion and street fights, until Matt Black grows, they climb the ranks, and turf wars and major heists becomes the focus.

Mature Content Warning

-:Los Angeles' Matt Black:-

"Los Angeles was the kind of place where everybody was from somewhere else and nobody really dropped anchor. It was a transient place. People drawn by the dream, people running from the nightmare. Twelve million people and all of them ready to make a break for it if necessary. Figuratively, literally, metaphorically -- any way you want to look at it -- everybody in L.A. keeps a bag packed. Just in case. But then again… there are those of us who do choose to stay. And it’s sometimes the best decision we've ever made." - Robert Rector

Los Angeles - it's just another city, with its mundane residents and its casual talks and its economic problems and its ... you get the point, you'd never think a thing was going wrong just looking at the surface. However, it's a whole other story when you're down in the grime and dirt, the by-product of the successful: the hopeless.

This is a world where everyone is trying to make a living. Trying to pay for their family or themselves, keep them safe and in a warm home with a warm meal. And when you can't make an honest living, or an honest living just isn't enough, you resort to other measures.

People lie, people steal, people kill - but everyone feels.

The general gist? You're down on your luck, and being in such a situation, it isn't rare for you to hear rumors scuttering around:
Jack shook down the local supermarket, heard he got away with almost a thousand dollars! - Did you hear about Dyna? Word is she has to work the streets now ... what a shame. - Enrique got jailed again, but I suppose that's what you get for selling ...- Y'know what he was selling, righ'? - You heard about MattBlack? The MB's? Heard they settled down here about a year ago ... ain't they small time though? Guess money is money. And that ain't easy to come by these days. Heard they're recruiting since they still pretty small ...

You're down on your luck. You may even be homeless, or have a family waiting for you to care for them. Not everyone who goes into crime is a 'thug' from a 'thug' background - some used to be honest soldiers, but their own country flipped them off. Other's are husbands and wives tired of a low-pay check, and others ... well they just trying to survive. Though previous criminals of all types will flock to the chance.

What is this story about? It's about you - and your affiliations with Matt Black. It starts out simple - with you being recruited together with a whole rag-tag group, hoping to change their life for the better. But this isn't an easy life, and at first, it sure as hell isn't rewarding. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Are you going to rise the ranks and climb above poverty? Or will you just be another dirt-stained body concreted to the seabed? - Some make it, other's don't, in -:Los Angeles' Matt Black:-.

The general story discussed, here are some pointers that will maybe make you groan:

-> A post order will be established

-> In between each post a general 'GM' post will interlude to discuss the effects your actions have on the world: whether that shot hit - what the storeowner said - etc ... though this should not limit the RPers adding their own elements in whenever needed!

-> There will be a heavy emphasis on realism.

-> Mature themes will occur; such as drugs, murder ... you know the drill

-> We will be hoping for about one post at least every 2 days - though sometimes we will be all giddy and active and it may go quicker! Who knows! Also as far as length and such goes ... there's a reason I put the tag Detailed/Casual here. Don't feel pressured into describing how a stick feels in your hand for three paragraphs. Say what you feel is necessary, whether it is only a few lines. But if you want to go extra flowery with your language, don't let me stop you.

-> Want to leave the RP at some point? That's alright, life happens. But since we're at a post-order, if you fail to respond within a long timeframe, you might be skipped! Thus, tell me/put a post up in OOC so we don't go stale. Also, even if you're skipped once or twice, it doesn't mean that you can't catch up!

Of course, many things are open to change and discussion - even core elements of the RP if democracy does its thing.
Hope I grabbed your interest, and thank you for reading! Leave dem' comments down below.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested. Good to see something different.

Will be a good chance for me to get back to doing some Modern themed roleplay.

I would love to join. It sounds like a good idea that would have a good twist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome my people.

I'll leave the interest check here until tomorrow afternoon-ish. After that, the thread will be up and running and accepting Sign Ups!

Glad at all the interest! The more the quicker the thread comes up.

Also, at @mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y -> I have a preference for real life photographs, though I won't have an issue with realistic art. Usually, this includes 3d art with high detail, but ... perhaps there is some types of anime art that will accommodate that level of detail? If you eventually decide to join, just send them my way and I'll check them over ;]

In the end, it depends on how everyone feels, to be honest! So we'll see how it rolls off.

I'm actually alright for either or. My main preference is a thread sticking to one or the other. I don't know why, but when I see even realistically drawn images with real image models, it unnerves me. Sorry if it seems weird. xD But, I'll be keeping an eye out and what not for the main thread.

Haha I can imagine yeah ;] My main objective is to have the use of photographs and such, but I try to make exceptions to some things.

Means I have a character model already in mind for photos. I actually try and help users find real image models and what not. I even have friends that do that as a time waster. xD

Absolutely @Funkybob - depending on the circumstance. E.g someone who has turned their back on a different gang (could make for interesting future revenge and involvement scenarios) etc ... Run it past me in PM if you've got an idea ;]

Well, this has peaked my interest. Can I use a character from another gang Rp? The Rp she was used for is no longer active

Just general stuff. Doesn't have to be in depth. I was just curious since I already have someone floating in my head and wanted to see if others were in the same boat.

I have a basic idea: son of a Jewish mobster who's defecting from the family to join the MBs

Well I'm thinking of a masochist, who really just wants to smoke, shoot, and win money from gambling. The simple life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back