Video Games Games No One Remembers

@Nev blazing dragons maybe???

Also yo does anyone remember (you'd absolutely have to be a 90s kid to remember) when Captain Crunch cereal had that cd rom game included in its boxes where you controlled those little fuzzy crunch things and you trained them to fight the evil boss???

1339815-04.png
not a 90s kid I remember it lol

Throughout my years of continuous Ps3 use, I have never met another player who's claimed to hear of Timeshift, an FPS that gives the player a suit capable of slowing, stopping and reversing time around yourself on command.

I have also known few players of a game called Lost Planet 2, a third-person shooter following the events of an alien planet containing a sort of stored-heat material that both the aliens of the planet and human machinery uses for energy; Both of those things end up fighting of course, and you get a plentiful selection of mechs to jump in and aliens to murder, plus whatever human enemies end up in the path of your outrageous unlockable weapons, such as a devestating confetti shotgun. Thriving co-op community, lots of fun to play, bad at teaching you the controls but I'm certain there will probably be many experienced players willing to tell you about them for years to come.

I've been sitting on a lot of relatively below-the-radar games, really; A lot of which nobody has appeared to mention as of yet, keeping in mind that there are a LOT of games in the first place and that it's impossible for many people to see them just "By chance."

More people need to know about Suikoden and Suikoden II because they're both amazing.
Same goes for Xenogears, the spiritual predecessor of the Xenosaga games. The PSX had some serious hidden gems.

Fuel? That game's map is the biggest map ever.
Lol I even tried to make a Fuel RP once but it didn't work out. That game was a lot of fun.

But it's gotta be Tribes: Ascend for me. I can still play Fuel if I want to, but HiRez pulled all support for Tribes and now I am forever missing that sweet sweet jetpack/skiing/fps action

Sure I can play Vengeance but what's the point if you can't gloat at someone after catching them with a spinfusor in mid air while going 200 miles an hour

Fable 2 on Xbox 360? I rarely see anyone talk about it like.. Ever.. It's one of my favorite single player RPGs to this day still.

I remember original everquest... original Oregon trail... stuff you had to borrow time on someone elses computer for LOL

Has anyone heard of the Oddworld Series? The first and second game had some great sound and concept designs. As for the later games and remake, not so much...

Wildstar. I still love playing it, but whenever I see people talk about it (which is rare in the first place), all they say is how it's pretty dead.

Definitely Advance Wars and Dementium.

Man, I wish we'd get a new Advance Wars, but Nintendo killed off the franchise in favors of Fire Emblem. (Advance Wars is basically Fire Emblem, just with tanks, airplanes, ships and soldiers. It is golden). And Dementium...well, the Developer split up, so we might see a new one.

Rune Factory. Lots of people heard of Harvest Moon, for sure, but it's spinoff was basically that combined with combat and it was absolutely fucking GLORIOUS. The fourth title for the 3DS is the reason I can never ever enjoy Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon ever again because it's just too good.

The Dark Cloud games, One and Two. Goddang amazing games that nobody but myself seems to ever remember.

Scared 2: Fallen Angel.
Man, I loved that game. I still remember trying to complete that one quest(which rewarded you with the ability to purchase the special mount designated for your character's race/class) using all the different classes. It's an open world game with a variety of places to explore as well as different enemies to fight off. The whole armor and weaponry system was awesome, and the graphics(from what i remember) was pretty great.
Sacred 3 looked godawful and i couldn't allow myself to buy it, but yeah, if you're bored and have internet access, I highly recommend this game.

for some reason, it's almost as if everyone forgets that the original sims was a thing. i always hear about 2 and up, but never about one. it's weird.

Chrome Hounds.
Everyone remembers FromSoft as the dev who made the SoulsBorne series, and Armored Core, but nobody remembers that little gem
It was probably one of the first console games to have that sort of faction and territory system that games like For Honor have now, and you could shape up with a mech of your own against players with their own mechs
too bad sega shut down the servers in '06

Users who are viewing this thread

Back